Why is the Land Cruiser $37k more than a Sequoia?

And aren't they both sold as Land Cruisers in other markets? From what I can see they have almost the same specs, they're around the same size, so what gives?

It's the ISIS tax.

lol

sequoia has lower trim available that land cruiser doesn't

One is on a mass market, pickup chassis, the other has it's own, totally unique, low volume platform.

What possibly costs $37k? Larger screens and a heated steering wheel? I know that some companies, like Porsche, can charge $200k for that nonsense, but I thought toyota was more gear toward readability?

>more gear toward readability
more geared toward reasonability*

The Land Cruiser is made by Toyota Auto Body in Japan. The Sequoia is made by methheads in America.

Is it really low volume, the UN uses them, or is that an even different land cruiser?

37k worth of options on a luxury car isn't even that much. go on any BMW europe website and fully spec a 320d and you will see actual ridiculousness when you end up paying 60k for a 4cyl slower than a civic

Because the Sequoia is an all-corners-cut shitbarge for fatburgers who have grown up surrounded by GM and Ford heaps, are adamant ignoring poorly executed details as long as the price is right (i.e. bargain cheap) and will never offroad it beyond accidentally jumping a snow covered curb at the mall, while the Land Cruiser is a capable, impeccably made global market luxury offroader.

I mean, just look at the horrid Sequoia interior in your very own comparison picture. It screams "we compete with Detroit for the lowest common denominator!"

The sequoia is just a tundra

But assuming you want an overland vehicle, are those things really that important, and is the Land Cruiser worth the premium over the Sequoia? Bargain bin reused parts from other models are typically more reliable and cheaper to fix too boot. So long as corners aren't cut when it comes to the drivetrain and motor, wouldn't these all be positive things?

No modern land cruiser is going off road either, get real

Who the fuck hacks up a luxury SUV fresh off the factory floor to turn it into an overlander? Buy an old Nissan Patrol or something, or a Chebby Suburban if you're American and care about junkyard parts so much.

The sequoia is an American-built, for Americans shitbox.

The Land cruiser is used all over the world by special forces, UN, ISIS, (you get the idea) in the most harsh and demanding environments, it is a vehicle designed to have a serviceable life of 25 years on ALL its parts.

It is also designed from the factory to be easily Armored by third parties.

So really it's a Kardashian vehicle, like a range rover or g class is what you're saying.

not according to this it's not

at least not the USDM spec one

Seriously, how did they get so many of them anyway?

I'm not saying that all. I'm just telling you to go look at something else if a new Land Cruiser is too expensive for you to hack up.

Saudis buy a shitload of them, seeing how they fund wahhabism, my guess would be through them.

That's exactly what it's turned into.

>Land cruiser can off road because heated seats

No, it can offroad because of seperate locking differentials, high travel suspension and intricate traction control, and also has heated seats.

Are you OP that thinks they're the same thing?

That dashboard of the sequoia though, what were they thinking?

>UN
>Cost Effective

Take your pick

>that time when clarkson reviewed an isis spec while entirely ignoring the offroad capabilities

Same way they got all their guns, CIA niggers gave them to them.

People who want a reliable overlander

Might be thinking of the Land Cruiser Prado, which is on a different platform

From what I can tell they use every version of the land cruiser in some capacity.

Americans never fucking do anything though, do they? If you want a Landie in my country you're going somewhere without roads.

Lol wut? Maybe you don't see then on trails for Jeep cucks in America, but in the rest of the world they're the vehicle of choice for crossing terrain that would otherwise kill you