I'm trying to buy a new Subaru WRX Premium. The "eprice" is about 29k...

I'm trying to buy a new Subaru WRX Premium. The "eprice" is about 29k. I've never dealt with a new car dealer before - what's a good OTD price for this?

Other urls found in this thread:

autotrader.com/Subaru/WRX/2018
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Go to subaru website where you "build and price" select options you want, at end you'll get list of dealers to email. Just say you're ready to buy and want the final out the door price, send to a few dealers and go to lowest one

Figures I decide to buy a car when I get out of the Army, yuge discounts only apply to actively serving.

Anyway, I did the build and price, but that doesn't really answer my question. A dealer will be retarded to give me a true final out the door price. What price range should I try to get them to OTD?

They will, I was quoted 27.5k out the door all fees, just make it VERY clear when you email them. If you want real discounts go on Nasoic forums and ask for an ambassador coupon they're always looking to help out future owners (unlike here)

This was back in 2016 when I was emailing dealers, went with an 05 STI instead

Was that for a WRX? And I recently made a post on the forum and no one's been around for a coupon. I'm going to wait until I get one before I buy.

I've always wanted a new car, and right now I have the ability to do so.

I made them an offer of 29k OTD, and the salesman said they'd be selling it at a loss. I told them that's their problem and not mine. I won't budge on that price with that asshole anyway, He was trying to tell me a good deal for a WRX Premium is the sticker price. I found on KBB and other sites that most people are paying ~29-30 OTD.

Yes this is me couldn't find other older email with better offer
Have you only been communicating with one dealer?

I'm in talks with the only three within an hour's drive. I'll go farther than that if I have to.

You're offering 29k otd, what's their final price?

Here's what they sent me. Doesn't even have worthwhile options. Cargo tray, cargo cover, all weather floor mats. I just want the extended arm rest.

Ask for the invoice of the car. I work at a Subaru dealership. If you're getting $500 below invoice then you'll be fine.

The pic I posted in is for a different one. Their final price was around the same.

If I were you I'd opt out of all the extra shit, you can get the same cargo mat for like 30 bucks on ebay, you don't want their all weather floor mats you want weather tech floormats

I don't want any of it, except the extended arm rest. The cup holders are in a shitty location and I'm surprised subaru would put them there. Maybe I'm just used to driving pickups with manual transmission and rest my arm on an arm rest or bench rest, but I'm not comfortable without one.

I straight up told the dealer I really don't care about any of the options. They said 29,295 was the cost of the car, plus tax title and fee

And you're talking premium, no sunroof, cloth seats? Pretty much base model?

Correct.

Base model has no sunroof.
Premium does. If a premium has no sunroof it has the "performance package" which removes a sunroof but adds Recaro seats

why do you want a sunroof so bad?

31k my dick, where are you from OP? And to be specific you want a base model with armrest?

OP here. I don’t care about the sun roof very much.

Central IL. Decatur specifically. Only dealers near me are in Bloomington, Champaign, and Springfield. Grossingers, Subaru Champaign, and Green, respectively.

I am fine with base model with arm rest extension.

>OP here. I don’t care about the sun roof very much.
then get the base model

I want the heated seats, and I like the 7” LCD but that’s not a deal breaker. If I have to get the base model I will.

The head unit sucks, just upgrade later on. I like cloth seats but if you've been insisting on the heated seats then yeah I can see the increased price

Kinda hard coming from an 06 Pontiac with heated leather seats to a 2018 cloth seat. But again is not the end of the world.

If you want the leather heated seats then offer 30k out the door, I thought you originally meant cloth

OP, get the Premium for the money. Heated seats, 18" wheels instead of 17", dual USB ports instead of 1, you'll have a moonroof.

If you have the time to wait for it and go on an order then you should be able to save more money on it.

NEVER say yes to the Eprice. Go in and ask to look at the invoice. If he shows it to you then work off that invoice number. If he doesn't then go to another that will show you.

I show customers my invoices all the time to close a deal on a WRX or any other Subaru

I can wait as long as I need to. I made an offer of 29k, salesman said pic related.

Should also note the model I text drove was cloth heated seats.

Not OP but was this a good deal for a base WRX in 2016? Would you have been able to do better if you can wait, then wait for dealers to start clearing out 2018 models
Didn't know heated seats were offered on cloth

OP, its a sales tactic he is using. He claims he can't go lower than what he paid for which is bullshit since he has a dealer hold back.

He's just trying to hold gross on the car. Keep at it and he will fold.

I figured I’d ignore him till Friday

>DUAL USB PORTS

le mayo, or he could spend $5.00 on a dual-USB jack that plugs into the single USB port

And he won't show him the invoice, he's being a little jew and wants to grub as many shekels as he can from the buyer.

>buying a memebaru
Lemme guess, you vape and you're going to finance 100%

A $30,000 MSRP, Premium model WRX has an invoice of about $28,800. Hold back and a few oher things the dealer gets from Subaru is about $800 more.

10K down finance 3.5% from my credit union. I have little credit history. Don’t vape. Quit smoking when I left the army. I just work in IT

You're a walking stereotype. And I remember your other thread. Kys if you get an automatic

top lel, this

you are literally a stereotype

i bet you are a manlet too

You're a walking busrider, go make some more "subaru hate threads" OP is in for a great car

How long is that 3.5% for? 60/72 months?

I haven't ridden a bus in 7 years, I've owned 3 cars since then. You are just plain mad and wrong.

OP is in for a shitty memecar with subpar reliability and a horrible sounding engine.

>4 C Y L I N D E R S

lol

Post your car as better suggestion or fuckoff, you're the worst type
>horrible sounding engine
Shows how little you know, it's the UEL header that makes the noise you speak of which isn't used in 2015+ WRX'S, you're us another misinformed shitposter

>Subarus only redeeming feature is the exhaust mote
Just get a Mustang gt if you want a rumble faggot. Or you could save 5k more and buy a c5 Corvette.

Only drive stick. And I’m 5’11 so almost Manlet.

72 months. 60 months was almost the same.

I need the AWD

That's good on the 72 months. Dealer may try and have you finance with them. If they pull that card, have them take off another $200 off.

That's the usual incentive they get from the bank if they get someone to finance.

Where did I say only redeeming feature is exhaust note? You're reaching very far

nice memes you dumb frogposter

>3.5% for 72 months
jesus fucking christ

wow I can't believe they're legally allowed to lie to you like that
>omg we're losing 2k on it what a deal!

Best I can get with no credit history. My last loan was when I was 19. $2500 for my dream guitar. I’m 26 now.

Yeah that was stupid. Hence why I’m ignoring him

>financing toys
kys. you're obviously a great decision maker.

My 2018 Premium was $31.5K OTD with the factory-installed short-throw shifter. Without the shifter, I'd expect around $31K. This was the lowest of about 5 OTD quotes I got.

I took dealer financing at 2.9% for 5 years (paid it off in 5 months.)

I was told 2.9 is the lowest they go for 5 years. Not sure how true that is though. They offered 1.9 for 3 years as well.

This was also my first new car. Try to get an ambassador coupon (got mine from reddit stranger) which gives $500 off a new car. The $31.5K above includes the $500 discount.

And for the love of god, ignore the WRX stereotype memes propagated on /g/ and don't let the opinions from a bunch of bus riders prevent you from driving what you like. It's a fun car and amazing value for the money. Not to mention holding its value extremely well.

Maybe OP wants to build credit

Great looking car. I'm thinking about getting one in the same color this spring and will hopefully pay cash. If the 2019 one has apple carplay I'll probably wait for that model though.

Correction: my OTD was actually $31K. Not $31.5K.

If this was for a 2018 Premium, it's BS. Dealer invoice price (what they paid) is $27.5 for the manual.

autotrader.com/Subaru/WRX/2018

29k they’d probably break even I guess. I’d be happy with 30 honestly

I bought a 17 STi back in March, I got it for 32k. So....

I want the STi pretty bad, but it's just barely out of my price range.

So I'm being more than reasonable for the OTD price?

The one I offered 29k OTD was short throw, homelink mirror with compass, and the armrest. I would have gone up to 31k if I can find an ambassador coupon to get it at 30.5. That's not without negotiation though.

I paid 29k otd last year for my 2017 wrx

every wrx 2017-18 has the extended armrest included

really? Interesting, the build and price has it as an option.

Then save up. With good negotiation you can get a STi for a couple thousand more. I got 4k off without a ambassador coupon. It's easier to get a lower price without one and you will need to cross shop. Also you will regret it if you truly want the STi a could month after owning the WRX. I met several owners like that. The short throw shifter they offer is overpriced. Aftermarket is better.

I want the STi, but I am not very well invested in it. And now that I see it's MPG it's going to be almost as bad as my Bronco in terms of gas... So I think the Premium is what I need.

That's fair. Still cross shop dealerships/ brands and keep level headed. Get e prices sent to your mail from multiple dealers. Larger dealerships are more willing to decrease pricing. The reason I suggest not getting the ambassador coupon is it decreases your bargaining power.

I am, unfortunately the only car I want is a WRX. I just need the AWD, and I want good AWD. Don't really see anything else out there that satisfies the need.

I want a new truck, but they're all uglier than sin and I'd feel pathetic driving one, moreso than a WRX. I'd get a BRZ or a Mustang, but once again I have to reliably get to work in the winter and in the rain.

You have to fake interest in other vehicles. When I was buying the STi I "cross shopped" the focus RS and golf R. I got quotes and pretended like I was leaning towards other options. I did get a ford dealership to come down 500 for the RS as well. It's who can bluff the best. I was also able to meet and talk with the sales manager to negotiate pricing. You just got to be patient.

I paid 29.5k OTD with my 2018 premium a few weeks ago.

I did that, told them I was looking at a challenger, an F150, and a Tacoma. Which I have been.

I just replied to him a few days after him telling me they'd be selling at a loss. Saying I'm still interested, but my price hasn't changed. He wants to know my reasoning...

And he called today. I ignored and replied with a text... here’s his response

And mine, soon as I hit send. Maybe.

Just call him a nigger, dude.

Sad part is he is one, maybe a mulatto. He was cool when I was there in person, but over text he got bitchy.

Where are you from?