I am on the fence on what to get. Chevy SS or 3rd gen Viper? Both can be had for around 40K with low miles...

I am on the fence on what to get. Chevy SS or 3rd gen Viper? Both can be had for around 40K with low miles. Viper is obvipusly faster, and available as a convertible, but the Chevy SS would be more reasonable for a daily, and with some engine work can make a ton of power. What do?

If insurance and cost is no problem, I would get the viper and buy a beater car as a daily.

Viper, duh.

Viper are you dumb?

How are you even cross shopping these two cars?
They're so different

I'd say the Viper desu. The SS is a cool sleeper, but it will get the shit blown out of it by a Viper any day.

If you get the Viper, get the hardtop. I sat in an SR II convertible with a hardtop (not sure if aftermarket or dealer option), and there was not much head room.

I like the idea of a sedan that is really fast (you cam get 600 whp out of an SS with a cam, tune, and an exhaust) that is also comfortable anf practical, but I also like the idea of a convertible sports car.

why not both user?

Because I would already be paying the equivalent cost of two cars with full coverage.

Viper = great weekend car. You'll probably go nuts with it as a daily. Get the SS if you're going to be using it every day

It will be my "daily", will probably not be driven daily. Comfort isn't an issue. As a kid I rode around in a my dad's Jeep Wrangler (which I would be driving now, but my dumbass wanted a hoon car, ended up wanting a truck when the time came, fml), and I currently drive a Ford Ranger FX4 Level 2 (has stiffer torsion bars and Billstien shocks, which are stiffer than the shocks in normal rangers) and the ride is awful compared to other stuff I have driven. But I am used to it at this point.

Have you looked into the parts for a Viper? Are they readily available and not ridiculously expensive? Might want to look into that.

I'd say the SS. It's loads more comfortable with mag ride, Bose audio and all that good stuff. The LS obviously has loads of support and the GM community is plentiful and friendly.

That viper is the worst gen. Really plasticy interior, hood opens like a normal car. All the parts are exotic levels of difficult to find.

Vipers are more for attention and cool factor, which you can achieve with a cheaper 1st gen that has a more timeless design.

I disagree with the majority, but it honestly depends where you live.

Chevy if you live in a town or city.
Viper if you live way out on the countryside with lots of free, uncluttered roads.

I can't stand the thought of dropping tens, if not hundreds of thousands of dollars on stupid amounts of horsepower just to burn 1/2 a gallon of gas every 20 minutes at idle.

My Ranger does the same thing. 13 MPG for a whopping 207 horsepower. But yeah, a city seems like an awful place to drive a viper.

I think the 1st gen is kind of ugly.

That's what I mean with a car like a viper or any kind of "exotic" it's not what you feel, it's all for the attention of others. Yeah the viper has a performance aspect but it takes a lot of expensive parts just to achieve something a Corvette can match.

Especially being manual. Can you imagine feathering the gas pedal if you get stuck in rush hour for a bit? The Chevy isn't exactly perfect either, but it's more comfortable and enjoyable to sit in, removing cool factor, for a significant amount of time.

Plus, a much newer 1SS could be had at

I daily manuals and it's not that much of an issue when you have 400-500 foot pounds of torque. Idk about the viper clutch but the GM clutches are easy

It's a boring waste of horsepower, and feathering your civic isn't the same as feathering a dodge viper.

Um sorry sweetie. I have a LS2, t56 mated Cadillac

Bread post or you're full of shit.
>implying it's hard to get ahold of a caddy
Even still.

They're kinda difficult to find but not that hard.

I view the Chevy SS as a true successor to the first gen CTS-V. N/A V8, fully loaded and only has one option which was the sun roof. I don't have a Chevy SS but I feel like my car is close enough to attest to it's daily drivability, comfort and suprising performance.

buy like a $500 shotbox if you need a DD

and obv the viper

2nd gen or SS. 3rd gen is worst gen

3rd gen viper looks like a sebring to me

insurance on mine through haggerty is surpisingly extremely cheap.

yeah, don't do that lol

OP here. My dad had a 65 Impala and used Hagerty and it was like really cheap.

Get the viper DD a cheap mid-size sedan

Ew no

>cheapest vipers start at 40000€ here
>the large bulk are 45000-50000

Compromise. Get the Viper for fun, buy a 2013 Impala for daily.

the Viper, but it WILL try to kill you

The viper only comes in caveman manual pass on that