/fg/ - Falcom General #42

Previous Thread: Hot For Teacher edition

>Trails of Cold Steel PC out now:

store.steampowered.com/app/538680/
gog.com/game/legend_of_heroes_trails_of_cold_steel_the

>A version of the old Zero no Kiseki fan translation was leaked:

mega.nz/#!LM4Hxb5J!0LrSUQF0yPjveDVPLSSn3Xq1i_tSwvqXHIU9Rzd3fiE

Don't forget to support the games and spoiler the spoilers!

>Latest news

- Trails of Cold Steel III's on track for Japanese release on September 28th of this year, confirmed PS4 exclusive. News/article translations: gematsu.com/tag/the-legend-of-heroes-trails-of-cold-steel-iii

- Short CS3 TV ad: youtube.com/watch?v=NYaV_GNqyCo

- Class VII's back: imgur.com/a/Pw4Cp

- New CS III scans: imgur.com/a/YnoXU

- Trails of Cold Steel II confirmed for PC release:
gematsu.com/2017/07/legend-heroes-trails-cold-steel-pc-launches-august-2

- Cold Steel PC guest blogs (written by port programmer Durante, of DSFix fame):
xseedgames.tumblr.com/post/163454030210/loh-trails-of-cold-steel-pc-guest-blog-2-from
xseedgames.tumblr.com/post/163720373505/loh-trails-of-cold-steel-pc-guest-blog-3-from

- Ys Seven coming to PC, trailer/info: gematsu.com/2017/07/ys-seven-pc-first-details-trailer-screenshots

- Zwei II coming to PC via XSEED (Summer), preview stream: youtube.com/watch?v=3gVOBPNrNgU

- Tokyo Xanadu out on Vita, improved EX+ version on PS4/PC scheduled for late 2017

>Older news

- Check out these Trails FC & SC updates, re: translation improvements (xseedgames.tumblr.com/post/159288714430/the-legend-of-heroes-trails-series-localization)

- Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana brought by NISA. Please complain to Falcom, not XSEED (they're upset about it too). Good Japanese grammar is extremely recommended.

Pastebin (aka music): pastebin.com/G2mswYCt

Calvard when?

What are good MQ setups in CS2?

REMOVE CS remove CS
you are worst game. you are the game idiot you are the game smell. return to erebonia. to our erebonia cousins you may come our country. you may live in the zoo….ahahahaha ,rean we will never forgeve you. cetnik rascal FUck but fuck asshole protagonist stink rean sqhipere shqipare..CS cast genocide best day of my life. take a bath of dead protagonist..ahahahahahREAN WE WILL GET YOU!! do not forget crossbell .alisa we kill the protagonist , alisa return to your precious erebonia….hahahahaha idiot rean and alisa smell so bad..wow i can smell it. REMOVE CS FROM THE PREMISES. you will get caught. lloyd+randy+tio+ellie=kill cs cast…you will crossbell/ lloyd alive in crossbell, lloyd helping in crossbell . we are rich and independent now hahahaha ha because of lloyd… you are ppoor stink cs cast… you live in a hovel hahahaha, you live in a brothel

lloyd alive numbr one #1 in crossbell ….fuck the cs cast ,..FUCKk ashol cs cast no good i spit in the mouth eye of ur group and company. lloyd aliv and real strong top protagonist kill all the cs cast farm aminal with protagonist magic now we the lloyd rule .ape of the zoo producer kondo san fukc the great satan and lay egg this egg hatch and cs cast wa;s born. stupid baby form the eggn give bak our clay we will crush u lik a skull of pig. Crossbell greattst game

Fourth for FieMachi

Pre-order her game and give her back her Crossbell.

I want to make Juna eat all of Crossbell

SLUT

user WANT MILKY!

Time to fap

Does Laura have these too?

cocksleeve a day keeps urges away

Can someone help me out? I accidentally enabled auto-play for voices in Ao and am not sure how to turn it off.

You mean just auto text? I assume it's bound to whatever you have set as R shoulder button in your emulator.

Is this the usual Ao/Zero fag thought pattern?

I think I pressed what I bound my square key to while talking and it's now playing them automatically even after I reset the emulator.

Okay nevermind, went to the script settings and changed autoplay from 1 to 0. Everything's fire now.

Will Falcom finally show Sen III trailer at Comiket?

Rean + Force or Raven
Alisa + Angel or Criminal
Jusis + Angel or Mistral
Emma + Criminal, Pandora or Aries
Fie + Murakumo or Falco
Laura + Tauros or Vermillion
Millium + Force or Aegis
Machias + Juggler or Moebius
Gaius + Falco, Thors or Chevalier
Sara + Thors
Elliot + Angel or Aries

There are some others, but I think I covered the majority of the good ones.

There's also that one that's like Juggler, but inflicts Status Down instead of ailments, it's pretty good for Machias too.

Woah, the Arseille's interior certainly got fancier compared to the last time I saw it.

Daily reminder that I am going to impregnate Elie

>That voice
This goes above and beyond mere *flap flap*.

Don't make me Burning Heart you....

What should we discuss next?

Better characters than Altina.

While I assume they can't make DLC outfits for all 25 something characters in the game, only the 3 main waifu's seem to have gotten any.

Even Rean the protagonist is costume less.

I hope Randy gets bikini.

Stop what you're doing and play Dawn of Ys RIGHT NOW

That swimsuit preorder garbage needs to fuck off.

We'll be lucky if Randy even gets his Zero/Ao outfit, let alone a swimsuit.

Toval got zero outfits in CS2.

maids

>TFW want to farm some U-material in CS
>3/4 times i drop none even when killing 5 mobs that may drop it, or none at all

Fortune quartz/droprate accessory when?

Out

I think you get Luck quartz in Chapter 2 which raises drop chances.

Luck raises item drop rate.

>Rean will never have the full course because the game will pair him with Alisa by default

CS3 will have harem end

I think that's unlikely since it's been a thing in the past 2 games.

Oh god what costume would I put him in? He looks great in everything.

On a side note, he is the only character I'm fearing an english voice of, Miki kinda nailed it first try. Hopefully they don't give him that guy that did Edward Elric like they did for Kurz.

True enough, they'll let us at least choose before the arc ends. Although Calvard will negate any notion of harem anyways. Like how CS3 will probably establish Elie as fully canon for Lloyd.

nah playing celceta instead

CS2 already made Rixia true girl.

I want to tie Altinas and Reans tulpas hair together and then do things to both of them at same time

Fire them into the sun?

It's a good ship.

I actually like Machias, which I gather is a bit of an unpopular opinion.

It;s complete and utter shit. They have no chemistry and nothing in common. Machias is utter garbage and Fie is one of the best girls in the series. I wish idiots would stop trying to force this crap

I guess she got properly kitted out as the private airship of the royal family.

She was still a barely tested prototype fresh out of her shakedown trials when she appears in Sky.

Don't worry user, I like Machias too!

We have at the very least one more user who likes him now, the one who keeps going about the workers' revolution and all. So that's like 5 of us or so now.

Erebonia would be better off if it was run by a dictatorship of the proletariat.
Nobility is a relic of the past and needs to go.

Rixia was just there to make up for her getting relatively little party time in Ao.

And also because plot wise she worked out the best to be someone that could stalemate Rean and Altina. Wazy left, Arios would have kicked their asses, and Randy can't meet him till they work together at new Thors. Everyone else would have been too weak and Rean and Altina would have beaten and arrested them.

Hopefully once comrade Machias is in charge he will bring his justice to places like Crossbell and Liberl too where class traitors, petite bourgeois and foreign nobility can be lined up against the wall too. I can't wait for the SSS execution cutscene!

Won't be long now before the steamspy guess for cold steel surpasses the steamspy guess for 3rd

Is this max scan? I think i forgot to use analyze or use a battle scope on them, but there were 3 of them, so i think it counts for full scan?

Not much of a surprise and honestly not that promising for Cold Steel. 3rd is the last game of a series, so you get attrition in sales from people who give up or burn out.

Cold Steel is launching a new series, so really should be looking at/hoping for sales of at least FC's level.

It has to surpass 3rd before it can do any better. The fact that it's going to is a positive sign.

Most newcomers won't touch sky because "muh graphics" at least Cold steel is fairly modern.

>using "muh graphics" as an excuse when games like Minecraft and Undertale sell like hotcakes

Undertale is le retro self-aware. Sky is obese sprites wandering around on primitive 3d screens. Minecraft isn't even the same genre.

>comparing undertale and minecraft to Trails
wow

Undertale and Minecraft are tailor made for dumbass normie audiences. Not so much a series like Trails.

Both games are also mainstream. Minecraft is played by autist and children, and Undertale has incredible buzz due to the kickstarter and people raving about it. No such luck for Kiseki. Most people will scroll by it, say it looks old, and move on.

>Sky is obese sprites

Are you implying Estelle snacks too much?

I'm saying the series as a whole could do with less cooking. But Estelle is a piggy, yes.

>dumbass normie audiences
You see, unlike the unenlightened masses, we patrons of the arts at /fg/ play harem JRPG's that require a higher intellect to appreciate due to all of the cliches and tropes played rigidly straight for mass market appeal in Japan, the plebs just can't comprehend the glory that is trails.

She's got piggy legs. It's something I notice on her more than anyone else.

>Even in the poker mini game.
>Jack was just holding back!
>Yeah, but how do you know that he wasn't ALSO holding back?

There's a reason Falcom games are considered niche and not mainstream, comparing it to a mainstream game is retarded.

ha ha ha yeah man you tell him. The average person LOVES text heavy games like Trails, they can't get enough of it!

Yes but that doesn't mean you get to feel superior over "dumbass normie audiences" because you play niche in the west harem JRPGs rife with cliches.

there's no way they aren't self aware of holding back meme

Never hold back, always go head on

Who said anything about being superior? I like dumb ass normie games.

>dumbass
>not implying inferiority of the people its describing

The pre-rendered 3D sprites are pretty chunky overall. You can really see this in Ao's beach episode when compared with promo art.

Alot of children like Minecraft and for some reason undertale, which I never got since it references things that they probably never have or ever will play.
Children are dumb asses.

Oh god this is frustrating.

Are there any places that future games are guaranteed to go besides Calvard, Remiferia, North Ambria and Leman?

>you will never go to the opera with Jusis but have to leave in the second act because your student keeps yelling at him to make his brother give back Crossbell

Unnamed female student and unnamed male student is the secret OTP.

This makes me sad.

>guaranteed to go
>Remiferia
Kek. Enjoy your Akatsuki.

ARTERIA
R
T
E
R
I
A

It's probably in Leman though.

Neat, they're talking about the final chapter of Zero.

Leman / Arteria

It's independent like Vatican afaik

Would you *fidget* her?

I'll fidget her canvas

I mean geographically. Politically Alteria is the suzerain of Leman and other independent states even thought it allows them sovereignty.

>can't romance the twins

Ironically dropped

Jusis is like a low key tsundere.

I was actually dating her a few years ago.
One day I met up with her, but it wasn't her, it was Vivi pretending to be her. Hair the same and everything.
I took Vivi back to my place and she was just going along with it, she didn't know I knew.
I went in for the kiss and when she hesitated I said "What? We do this all the time."
And that's how I claimed Vivi as my own.

Funny thing is, I hadn't even gone all the way with Linde before, but Vivi didn't know that.

>Christ, Who's gonna die first?

autism the post

>going only for the kiss