Anyone here reached/surpassed 300km/h on a bike? How was the experience? Why did you do it? Did you do it again...

Anyone here reached/surpassed 300km/h on a bike? How was the experience? Why did you do it? Did you do it again? Does being so close to death, make you appreciate life more?

Carfag here 180mph top speed is sloooow

Cars are a whole different ballpark imo, there's so much material and safety precautions protecting you if anything goes wrong at those speeds, on a bike at those speeds you make a mistake, you die. So imo to reach those speeds on a bike you require some pretty big cohones.

I have not. I am a cruiserfag, fastest I’ve done on the bike is 120mph and that was scary. I feel no need to go faster. I have no problem admitting that I’d much rather do back roads at 50-60 than do 80+ on the highway.

Fair enough.

>Implying a car can't kill you at 50-300+ kmph
Get fucked squid your deathcycle is just as unsafe

>Going faster than 110KM/H
I wish I could OP.

No one but yourself implied that, all I'm saying if you are in a car when you crash at 300km/h+ there are chances that you can survive(Airbags/rollcages etc). In a bike the chances of surviving at 300 km/h+ is slim to none. Didn't know /o was so aggro :/

lol

>tfw 130km/h downhill with a tail wind

Call the cops, I don't give a fuck.

>barely able to hold 50km/h going back up the hill

Don't mind him, it is still morning and he is not completly awake. Bus travelling is harsh.

>Anyone here reached/surpassed 300km/h on a bike? How was the experience?

Once, it was unpleasant.

>Why did you do it?

Because I could.

>Did you do it again?

Nope, but I probably will when I get my new bike.

>Does being so close to death, make you appreciate life more?

Appreciate, no, fear for, yes.

I have a TW that'll do 150km/h. You don't want that. Trust me.

Could you elaborate more on why it was unpleasant?

I trust you, kek.
Changed the rear sprocket? Can't get to 120KM/h on the stock sprockets.
It is even worst now with the Duro tire.

Wind noise, wind pressure, side winds, general instability, it started to crack parts of my fairing, literally zero time to react to anything, a mere pothole could kill you, a roo leaping out could kill you etc

>That tire

Oh lordy.

What gearing did you go with?

Here in Aus they came slightly higher geared than the rest of the world with a 47 on the rear, and that's good for a solid 115~ depending on conditions.

It's pretty fucking hilarious how much of a difference even small changes in air temperature and fuel quality effect performance though.

Stock 14/50. I will go 14/55 this spring ti get the stock torque back.

Have a nice day friend!

And yes you are right, I don't feel the difference that much on my brother KLR650 but on my TW200 i get different top speed everytime.
I like the TW so much though, a very versatile and easy bike!

You to man, the world needs more TW's.

I can get 130-135 on a good day, if I really wring it out.

Not much fun on thin knobbies in rather cold, windy weather however.

Nice picture user.

>tfw no $5k 186mph rocketship

>get a 200 CB125 with blown engine
>get a ruined R1 with good engine
>put mechanic in CB125

2K for a 300km/h machine.