/domg/ - Dominions General

4koma Edition
Dominions is a fantasy turn-based war game created by two dudes. One of them is a teacher.
The game combines a simple presentation with an extremely wide array of strategic options, including over 2800 units, 800 spells and 300 magic items. Turns are resolved simultaneously, with players planning battles rather than directly controlling them.
It has simplistic graphics but is easily moddable and extremely deep.
Basically, it's an autist’s wet dream of a war game.

>Steamgroup
steamcommunity.com/groups/vanheimageofvidya

>Group chatroom
steam://friends/joinchat/103582791434709795

>Our pastebin
pastebin.com/qaccWnMt

>Dom4 Manual
jaffa.illwinter.com/dom4/manual_dom4.pdf

>Dom4 Inspector
This is a community resource that has every unit, spell, and item in the game in an accessible database.
larzm42.github.io/dom4inspector/

>Multiplayer guide
web.archive.org/web/20150430021604/http://www.desura.com/games/dominions-4-thrones-of-ascensions/forum/thread/core-mp-concepts-that-i-wish-somebody-had-told-me-about/

>Play by email guide
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=202096551

>Pretender designer
bsielski.github.io/pretenders/

>Debug Mod
For testing battle formations and spells
dropbox.com/s/eo3qbjlixfghvs4/Debug.zip?dl=0
forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=36453

>Where do I get it?
It is available on Gamersgate and Steam.

>THE BASICS
>Read the manual
>Read the wiki
>Read the pastebin
>Watch some LPs by Sy, Maerlande, or Nuclearmonkee
>Jump into MP feet first; ask for pretender advice in the thread

Submit completed games here:
docs.google.com/forms/d/1jHX_ZoJi6zIvDq6ANdp-W1Y89W5_fmShuDyHmAj5qC4/viewform

Results Here:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1dlrvyEqLFYIaXRc49TheMmfdoP8jEh1m5rZJHJAzDWQ/edit?usp=sharing

Previous Pantokrator

>not losing to Jomon edition

>losing to Jomon

My communist scouting is bad, but even I can see that Ashdod has all the thrones he needs to win ALREADY inside his territory! And other nations don't even realize it! SAD!

Isn't Jomon pretty strong?

>inside his territory

What's your favorite music track in Conan the Barbarian? Mine is Riddle of Blacksteel.

Are you blind? Do you have brain damage? There's FIVE thrones inside his territory, and 1 one province away. All thrones are 2-pointers, and you need 11 points to win. It means that Ashdod is 1 point short of victory, and all he has to do to win is to attack Machaka's single province. SAD!

>inside his territory!

>GUYS HE HAS THREE THRONES AND I HAVE FIVE BUT YOU SHOULD STILL HELP ME WIN
pathetic

What do you all do with Raghan magi?
Sabbath Banefire squads?
Just blood search a bunch and summon big bad blood boys?

AND THE ANSWER IIIIIIIIS
gargoyles
which are stronk, flying and scale amazingly with your magic level
good luck with an A9E9 bless though
ea agartha/kailasa/lanka/caelum
all have ranged sacreds who are all shity
la tienchi has potential but as an la nation is pretty prod hungry

>garbage, yet cap-only, sacreds
>map move 1 mages with paths all over the place
>shieldless troops
>no crossbows
>gem reliant summons in the age of no gems
>only good units and mages are uw rec and you have no native amphibious capabilities and you have to contests the water with the likes of R'lyeh, Atlantis and Lemuria.

Jomon is literally worse than Pythium. At least Pythium can try to meme with sacred hydras, heretic mages and decent infantry.

>inside """"""his"""""" territory

>GUYS I NEED TO MOVE MY DOUBLE BLESSED SACREDS TWO PROVINCES INSTEAD OF ONE TO WIN BUT YOU STILL NEED TO HELP ME WIN

Classic CoolStory diplo.
At least Malakal's lies are a bit less obvious.

Well, fuck.

Who out of them two is CoolStory?

Mari. I mean, he's the guy who lost to Jomon.

Is the other guy Malakal?

Dunno. Did he ask anyone to come to the steamchat?

>olms
>bad
They're affordable mind blasters with good bulk, shut your whore mouth.
They just don't particularly need (or want) a bless.

Unless I misread your intentions and you were referring to rock throwers.
They're complete trash, yeah.

rock throwers are great with A9B9

no they're not

fact: 32 damage rocks
fact: blood vengeance always good
fact: >1 ratio of gold to hp
fact: 1 or 11 resource requirement lets you go full sloth

they get out traded gold for gold by any unit that players actually use, and you tank your scales for a garbage double bless

>only good in a specific set up with a specific bless

>gets minced by fucking bows

>blood vengeance

>A9

Give it up.

i was talking about rock throwers faget
mind blasts have 100 prec so they dont need A9
As for rockthrowers theyre pretty great with blesses
I would meme the fuck out of them with a strong bless since your randomnest spell kills 90% of your cap population and you can go with death3 but their ai absolutely cant handle throwing rocks at enemies instead of charging them head on

Their AI gets a bit better with the expanded rock-throwing range A9B9 will give you.

They still friendly fire the shit out of my earth elementals tho xd

Am I retarded or did you all just feed Drumf more detailed scouting info ?

fucking elves
flying
glamor
stupid high defence
sacred

how is this fair

So does anyone actually use the data from all the multiplayer matches?

when 9 out of 10 games are just shitty meme games where people go stale or AI, and very few people even try
What would be the point of that data

Look at his map, he can already see Ashdod doesn't even border half these thrones. He's just trying to divert everyone's attention from the fact that his N9B9 Marignon has 100g blood hunters.

they have ridiculously high gold cost

something something summod, when s1w feels like it

I don't have the slightest idea what any of that means, I just like following the in-thread banter/mind games

How's MAtureContent going?

Everything is shit.
Thanks for the restart, retards

What faction in MA has the most fun/powerfull mages whilst using Magic Enchanced and Summod???

How to do you define most powerful?
Ermor mages are pretty good.

Skeletons are super spooky tho'

Jomon has enough throne points to end the game if he caps them. He's already claimed Abundance and Law (141 and 71), is sitting on Fortune and Stability (213 and 116) and just took Earth's province this turn.

t. Malakal

t. StoolCory

t. LiterallyGrigori

Well if anyone's curious, here's provinces. Fomoria has quite a big lead but has pretty pitiful research.

Most people are at war with somebody or another.
Ulm is getting eaten still by Asphodel and Agartha at minimum.
I think Pangaea and Ashdod are at war with one another.
Ermor reclaimed most of his capring so maybe they are back in the game. probably not 5 death gems of mages isn't shit
Uhh no idea about the other stuff.

Can confirm that. His god is in 213, his prophet in 116. Assuming 117 (Earth) has a bishop fish, he can claim them all this turn.
No one will do anything because it's /domg/. GG.

rlyeh is attacking agartha

Ragha's cap is right next to Earth with a shitload of birbs and zhayedans, so he'd be able to stop it, but I'm going to assume he won't out of spite. Gath is probably in the next best position to stop Earth being capped. Mari got fucking annihilated by Jomon taking Earth, so probably can't do anything.
Tien could probably do something about Abundance, and Jotun is in the best position to take 116 if he stopped sieging Arco. Rlyeh, Agartha and Patala don't look like they border any of Jomon's thrones. Maybe 116?
All in all, I wouldn't be surprised if Jomon just wins next turn.

Good riddance Agartha is a fucking jerk.

>Tien could probably do something about Abundance
pic rel

>Jotun is in the best position to take 116
Dies to EQ spam desu.

Dunno about Ragha/Gath.

t. R'lyeh

wp ermor, that fight was closer than I expected

yes a lot of bros have been off on the worpath instead of reedin buks it's true

probably t. ulm since agartha raped ulm from here to the next age on accident 2 turns before the scheduled war

Did Agartha do anything to piss of TC? It seems they only got one way to expand unless they want to attack Asphodel and take his now probably worthless provinces so it could be them.

Wish the game told us how much friendly fire damage was done by your archers

Why?

Hows Kailasa with ME? You seem to be doing pretty well

You can actually leverage celestials due to the cheaper gold/gem costs in summod and the animal buffing spells of ME (luck and beserkers) and some new summons like Garudas (storm flying lighting resistant immune yavanas) and Asuras (four attack berserkers and decent fire mage with Asurendra)

so I could make changes to my unit builds or positioning or aiming???

There's also the Celestial Garden spell that creates a unique site that causes everybody to gain +1 astral as long as they stay in the province and lets them recruit Kinnaras/Gandharvas.

Not me. Why would I shittalk about him instead of attacking him?

for fun?

>fun

Glad I got my spooky ass out of there.

Deder than Ermor.

Any advice on LA Patala? Thought a W9E4 bless would be nice but there's no chassis that doesn't tank my scales besides the wyrm.

Was it? Looking at the battle, I didn't kill any meaningful units. In fact, I feel I only did Fomoria a favor by killing off the siege chaff. I suppose I learned a valuable lesson on why Fire magic is not to be relied on.

whats the bless for

Getting them ap5 sacred nagas to move their asses, and the E4 for mage regen.

I'm pretty new, so I might be overestimating how important it is to get nagas into combat.

viewing the actual battle itself I think shows it to be a lot closer than the final statistics of the post battle report

the mercs did do a stellar job soaking evocations though yes, nearly every single one of their units died

The bodhisatva of mercy seems like an OK pretender
Built in awe 5 means you can solo most provinces.
Flying, 5 MM
Kinda expensive though, maybe not worth it.

I like her a lot, but getting E4 on her is real rough. Maybe I should just stick with an E bless?

What are you trying to bless? Unfortunately, your Nagas are completely unarmored with very and the Naga Warriors don't wear helmets. LA is the age of crossbows and will tear the Naga units to pieces regardless of how you bless them, since the tiny bucklers won't do much to stop the bolts. They're not going to be super in melee with only regeneration either, as the minor E bless won't exactly cancel their 9 encumbrance.

If you just want the mage bless, you don't need N9 for it; if they're getting hit something has gone wrong and it won't help at that point. Patala's got pretty good, if expensive, mages, but generally good scales are going to take higher priority than a bless for them. If you can afford the mage bless, great. If that bless doesn't allow you to take Magic 3, trash it and start over with Magic 3.

Actually I just realized Caellum FUCKED me with Perpetual Storm, and I was thinking I had misscripted something hard. Notice the bane.

You are a cap only sacred that needs plenty of resources
I don't think you can build around a bless for them
Especially since a bless costs 6 fucking scales

This helps a lot guys. How do you feel about immobile chassis for these guys?

I favor awake expanders personally but maybe I just suck

I actually haven't played an MP game before, I just like theory crafting in SP. You're probably better than I am.

ME or Vanilla? ME makes monkey units actually pretty damn decent

would you post the other graphs for us please?

Patala has access to elephants and shouldn't have many issues expanding because of that. Full scales should work fine for them, so you could also consider building a pretender for all the national summons they get. Your monkey troops aren't great either, so you'll likely be reliant on mage support anyway. 1/4 of your Naginis and Nagarishi's will be able to handle the Yaksha/Yakshini summoning, so you don't need much on Nature/Water/Earth front. Astral 5 is all you need for all the national summons (I don't recommend Blood Patala but it's technically possible) and with the Crystal Coins/Starshine Skullcaps 1/4 of your Naginis/Nagarishi's can craft, you can boost up to S7 and make a Ring of Sorcery that will boost you high enough to make a Ring of Wizardry.

That's pretty late game, though.

Just vanilla. I'm really just getting into it honestly, but I'm having a great time. My micro is garbage and I'm slowly unlearning my HoMM death star and turtle strategies, but I really like it.

At the PBEM pace, you'll have plenty of time to do micro, so don't worry too hard on that.

You do need to divide and conquer, though. There's enough spells that can kill off an army that having one doomstack is a huge liability.

Furthermore, Deyja must ne destroyed.

I agree.

There's ways to counter any destroyers, though. Blood bless in particular means it'll always cost the enemy their mage, as long as you have plentiful sacreds.

Game: Modernizanation
Turn number 17
Next turn due: 15:09 GMT on Friday August 11th

Smerv 2h file received
>Lentia Waiting for 2h file
Elludia 2h file received
Sargassia 2h file received
Avernum 2h file received
Phlegton 2h file received
Deyja 2h file received
Neritia 2h file received
Sawaiki 2h file received
Doom 2h file received

Uh, fish?

>mfw i realise i've spent more time sending messages and diplomancing than actually doing the turn

>Fire and wind come from the sky, from the gods of the sky. But Crom is your god, Crom and he lives in the earth. Once, giants lived in the Earth, Conan. And in the darkness of chaos, they fooled Crom, and they took from him the enigma of Blacksteel. Crom was angered. And the Earth shook. Fire and wind struck down these giants, and they threw their bodies into the waters, but in their rage, the gods forgot the secret of Blacksteel and left it on the battlefield. We who found it are just Ulmites. Not gods. Not giants. Just Ulmites. The secret of Blacksteel has always carried with it a mystery. You must learn its riddle, Conan. You must learn its discipline. For no one - no one in this world can you trust. Not men, not women, not beasts.
*Points to the superior fiery Blacksteel sword +5 forged by the finest of the Ulmish Master smiths
>This you can trust

I always wondered if Conan actually had a story or if it was just a "every week add a new enemy and we're never going anywhere".