Incoming conspiracy theory

Incoming conspiracy theory.

Due to the influx of wealth to nerds through crypto, youtube vlogging, CS, etc, there are a lot of Veeky Forums posters who have come into new money and want to buy a new, flashy car. So what do they do when they're trying to figure out what to buy? They come to Veeky Forums and lurk, or just ask the opinion of the posters. Now we all know this, but what makes this noteworthy? Because we're obviously in the middle of a huge Lexus shilling operation. Like, a fucking Code Beige operation intended to make Lexus look like the obvious fucking choice to take your hundred grand of cashed-out BTC. Now there isn't anything wrong with Lexus, they've built good cars since 1990 with the old LS400, and the RX, the LX, LFA, and arguably the IS too. But Lexus is a car that your grandma buys, it's the car that your boring neighbor buys because they can't be bothered with trying to justify their purchase. The car turns on, the car goes, the car stops, the car parks, the car turns off. Rinse and repeat over 300k uneventful, comfortable, but rather boring miles. So to all of you who browse Veeky Forums and can't seem to understand Veeky Forums's infatuation with Lexus, it's because there is no infatuation, just some poor assholes who are getting paid to ruin our fun with a lot of marking bullshit.

>youtube vloggers
>cryptonerds
the problem with your 'theory' is that these people do not actually browse Veeky Forums let alone any board on this shithole of a website
not to mention lexus is slowly creeping out of the price point that is affordable to old people

>affordable to old people

i'm not talking about your cheap grandparents, I'm talking about the old people who spent their time wisely, invested, and can afford new things.

old people who 'spent their time wisely' are buying front engined ferraris, porsches and maseratis pal, nobody is going to spend 70-110k on a lexus at that stage in life

It’s really sad that the thought of someone enjoying a car that you don’t particularly like is ‘ruining your fun’. Grow the fuck up dude

>t. the only old people i know are meemaw and ol granddad

I actually never met either of my grandparents
your shitty conspiracy theory is just proof you think this garbage board is more important than it actually is, the closest its ever gotten to 'youtube vloggers' visiting is scotty fuckin kilmer

>buying used lexus
>paying lexus repairs for old cars

You're buying used to save money, lexus repairs are like $400 for small stuff for a $4k car

Lets push people towards hatchbacks and say Mark Zuckerberg has one too, kek.

>scotty fuckin kilmer
I love scotty as much as the next guy but his advice is usually shit. Would you let scotty fix your car?

I have buttcoins and I'm still driving shitboxes. If anything I'm buying a Grand National with my coins. I've already bought a house in the city.

hes more qualified than the average Veeky Forumstist but I wouldn't let him do anything outside of change my oil, and even then I do that myself so hes basically useless

> lexus repairs are like $400 for small stuff for a $4k car

If only there was another manufacturer that you could interchange almost every part with. It'd be really great if that mfg was know for reliable, relatively inexpensive cars too, and the fact that they share platforms.

if only...

>300k uneventful, comfortable, but rather boring miles
HEY GUYS REAL ENTHUSIASTS LIKE CARS THAT BREAK DOWN A LOT AND COST AN ARM AND A LEG TO FIX AT THE ONE DEALER IN YOUR COUNTRY HUNDREDS OF MILES AWAY BECAUSE PASHUN

Lexus is the fancy car for people who don't know anything about or give a shit about cars

>Lexus shilling operation
it's literally just VAG base model owners forcing a meme to make everyone hate the LC500 in response to people honestly defending the car. it's mostly what Veeky Forums advocates for: RWD/NA/V8/Probably reliable/sounds good

I will admit that probably at least half of it is just me and my bored ass. The LC is the car that I have always wanted Lexus to build. It's the ultimate cruising car that manages to look like a million-dollar concept Aston Martin DB16 from 30 years into the future.

I really love it, and I dont understand why this is the one car that Veeky Forums isn't allowed to like.

I doubt cryptocucks know anything about cars

look at the front page of Veeky Forums

anything hyped comes across as bait. it takes a while for Veeky Forums to warm up to any new car, and even longer if idiots spam the board with it

>$400 for small stuff

Lad, parts for older lexus vehicles are just a tad more than parts for a V6 camry unless we're talking body work, interior stuff, or control arms. Hell, the ES series is a fucking camry.

For example. Here's some spending i've done for parts.

>Coolant temp sensor: $16
>Idler pulley: $15
>Valve cover gasket set with tube seals: $35
>Strut rod bushings: $35 a piece
>Battery: $60
>Gatorback serpentine belt: $30
>Shocks: $316 for all 4 OEM Replacements

You get the idea.

Bought my first car, a 2001 audi s4 6 speed, with crypto gains. Feelsgoodman.

Shame the maintenance is gonna eat the rest of your coinbase wallet.

quit relying on the internet to buy shit in real life. you make a decision based on pretty images and marketing and feel remorse because you just bought into pretty images and marketing. go out and fucking drive the cars in real life, find one you like the most and buy it

same goes for anything else besides cars, computers, electronics, clothes, etc