What does Veeky Forums think of the Mazda3

What does Veeky Forums think of the Mazda3

Other urls found in this thread:

thecarexpert.co.uk/most-reliable-engines/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Not much.

Best choice if you want a good dd

Looks good on paper, and on the exterior, but is highly disappointing on the interior

Get a load of this dipshit

needs a longer wheelbase

Mazda's only products that are selling are the CX-3, the CX-5 and the occasional CX-2.
The Mazda 3 has a hard time being bought due to it's rusty reputation from the past and due to the fact that is costs more than almost everybody else. It's only 3-400 euros less than the VW Golf, Europe's best selling car.

The 3 is a stretch too far for Mazda. Yea sure they nailed it with the 6, but trying to make a smaller 6 in the form of the 3 won't convince anybody. Not at that price tag.

Moreover, the Mazda 3 is in the big hatchback sector, a sector usually dominated by 30-40 year old normies that couldn't care less about sports. Or the this segment of hatchbacks is a fleet car favorite. Thus you need a cheap, sturdy and bland looking shitbox. The 3 is simply put too cool for this segment. It's too expensive for the sort of 25 year old that would drive it, and the people that could afford it usually go for a Mazda 6 or a Passat. Not to mention that the VW Golf remains the default car for people with no imagination. Much like in the same way that a 911 or a Ferrari are the default supercars for people with no imagination.

Mazda 3 - the 911 of hatchbacks.

Not to mention that asian cars don't do terribly well in Europe.

in america they're too expensive for what it is. people don't put the mazda3 on the same tier as a civic. it's basically a shittier corolla in the eyes of burgers

>highly disappointing on the interior

Mad Modern Toyota owner

mazda3 gives off an autistic vibe, like deep down this is a economy car but i don't care i'll act like it's a premium car

the germans never acted like the mark 4 jetta was a premium car, they just gave it nicer materials. you didn't see people driving them acting like it's a fucking audi

In Australia the latest Mazda 3 sells a fook ton, you see them everywhere.

Mazda interiors are the best in its class

that doesn't really matter in this class of car

the mark 4 jetta had european appeal to it, the mazda and the rest of the cars in the class is just boring. they're all roughly the same size, same wheelbase, same engine output, etc

It does though. Mazdas are gorgeous inside and out, and all of the competition is just hideous hard plastic.

Shiny plastic everywhere, no thanks

Psssssh just another bitter broke bum trying to act higher than he is.

That's the benefit of not holding back your better designs and features for a luxury co-brand, and why I'll probably always drive a Mazda

it's a fucking economy car, so you're going to be proud you paid nearly 30 grand for one?

30 grand and no awd, no turbo, no wagon, nothing but
>look pretty inside guise

this

> people don't put the mazda3 on the same tier as a civic. it's basically a shittier corolla in the eyes of burgers

Americucks really are the absolute worst.

couldn't afford a golf?

In my neck of the woods, Mazda 3's are driven by fat chicks. No respectable man would be caught driving a 3.

>Autotragic

Best modern shit box as of right now. But the first batch of third gen was pure trash. That curved hood to fit the badge was disgraceful!

I'm guessing you wear tightie whities also

no it isn't. the 2019 jetta is

Couldn't afford a Mazda 3?

Actually in the market for a somewhat new car. What would you recommend for a hatchback?
>26 year old here

I like that first smaller one better, giant grilles are one of the worst parts of modern car design.

credit wasn't good enough for a honda?

That's because Aussies are well informed buyers, unlike stupid burgers

They loaned money to 19 year old me back in 01, they'll do it for anyone

Seriously if anyone here considers buying a Mazda 3 make sure to get a 2017. They just perfected it in so many ways.

that was 2001 when everyone were giving cars away

Implying Honda is better than Mazda

now you're just being autistic

yeah. totally different.

This. And when you get down to it. Compact cars are nothing more than scaled down big cars with more hard plastics inside. Nothing less really.

>I like that first smaller one better

they used a different grain for the dash, why don't you understand the premium elegance of muh mazda3?

Different wheel, different head on the nav system.

I am 26 myself. Since you are 26 you want something that will be driven a lot, can be driven a lot, and is cheap to buy and cheap to run. You don't want to spend that much on the car since there are other things kicking you in the nads, such as rent and maybe a gf.

If you want a sensible hatchback, that ticks all the boxes you need, then I recommend you the Kia Cee'd 1.6 petrol. It's cheap to buy, cheap to run, decently fast and very reliable.

If you want cheap laughs then go for a supermini such as the Polo or the Fiesta, with the 1.6 litre petrol engines. Those are a blast to drive.

If you are an absolute cheapfag, buy a Mk5 Golf, with everything but the base 1.4 litre NA petrol.

But the Kia Cee'd is right up there as to being one of the best. If you got a larger budget, you may also look at the Skoda Rapid which is another great little car. But since you're 26 and budget is an issue, get the Kia.

Are you asian?

nicer buttons aren't going to sell cars

>MFW when I'm from Burgerland and don't have decent Euro cars in DFW Texas.

yes.

But you did hit all the nails on the head on what I'm pretty much looking for.

Okay just change the topic to cover up, sure.

wow there's no armrest and of course no more handbrake because people with autism won't know how to use it because they're not driving manuel anyway

Seriously if anyone here considers buying a Mazda 3 make sure to get a Mazda 6.

Check your eyes m8.
Same trash.

Whens the new model 6 due out?

and no more cd player wow soo much nicer definitely worth the 1 inch wide armrest

Needing an armrest and handbrake in 2018, okay no need to project your own autism on everyone.

best DD in USA but in europe engine offers are disappointing and civic is better choice in every way

but are superior to a golf btw but euros are dumb as FUCK

this year or next year

both are superior*

>electric parking brake
SOILED IT

Broke ass nigga still uses CDs instead of his phone sheeeeeeeit.

not driving a new benz that you leased, broke black bois

this

its 2018 and fukin white boys still aint got bluetooth

while still living with your moms, who still drives a sentra

get with the program tyrone

The new grille they showed looks so nice, the same one as the new CX5. Can't wait to see it on the new Mazda 3.

Hell yeah my nigga

you nigger

Mazda > Honda

Mazda is now designing premium cars now, Honda will still design big cars with shitbox proportions forever.

She'd probably look a lot better without the fake contacts.

and honda will sell more of their boring cars because they make better engines and cars

Kai production car when?

>needing an arm rest
>autism

The absolute state

Thoughts on first gen?

I really want to get an SP23

Funnily enough I was going to drive one yesterday.
Thinking about getting 2013 used at 36k miles for 10g a 2017 for 11g
Any tips?

Looks exactly the same as a GM shitbox or any other shitbox really. You mazdafags, holy fuck.

the only difference is that the Mazda isn't a numb pile of snores to drive. other than the driving experience it's basically on par with the rest of the segment.

I hope you're joking, the only GM interior you get on that level is from a Buick, and the Mazda still looks better.
You aren't getting that clean interior in a Chevy Malibu.

>VW reliability
no thanks

never thought someone could be this fucking stupid

the only thing more boring than honda's cars is your rebuttal

my wife has one. good car, great mpg. its better than most other options

shhhh, let the autists believe their econobox is premium

Good daily driver, but only the base trim without paddle shifters or an infotainment system.

Otherwise, the base model is nice, great dd, louder than the corolla and civic on the road though, as well as other comparable cars.

the funny thing is, you can get a base civic and replace the stock base head unit with infotainment such as phoenix android units, that works with steering controls with an adapter. and you get a larger trunk, larger passenger volume, better engine with no carbon build up direct injection issues, that has the least problems and defects of any other engine maker period

It's nothing special dude.
it's an entry level compact car, it's not meant to have felt and mahogany lining the interior.
Better than GM, but nothing special over any other jap shitbox.

>911s and ferrarris are for people iwth no imagination

are you fucking retarded? Buying a car is about being a snowflake?

What if people just want a fucking car that they can take to the track so they buy the car that was built with the track in mind and proves it mettle in racing series all the time?

What car is worthy of snowflake status?

Corolla statistically has fewer powertrain issues than the standard civic.

fucking doug demuro is ruining cars with his autism.

well it's an ancient motor for one
thecarexpert.co.uk/most-reliable-engines/

mazda has a earned a good reputation from the MX-5 but lets be honest.

All their current line up that isn't miata is slow, FWD, and quite honestly is better than the other Jap brands, but not better than GM or VW.

>everybody likes the mazda3's looks
>it's actually very ugly
I'd buy one to replace my shitbox commuter if the didn't look like early 2000s Kias

>opinions

yeah no

there's no question the civic is the best car in this class of automocar

There's literally one on every corner here in metropolitan florida.
Idiot

but it actually is, you fucking retard

...I'm no longer attracted to women, am I?