2jz

at what point will your nuts drop and swap your pussy engine for a 2jz?

And tune it to smoke a Lambo

They cost on average $3500

I already have the NA version, a swap would cost me roughly 4500.

Why not stick a turbo on it?

>NA version
thats cuckoldish

install single large turbo or end it

Why bother with the hassle of finding a 2JZ-GTE, shipping it over, and attempting to make it fit and work properly when there's already a glorious inline 5 with very similar power potential right there?

m104 makes just as much power with a big turbo and is almost a direct swap into my car. why would i go with a more expensive nipshit 2jz?

Because internals aren't built for turbos, if you want a turbo, you buy a 2JZ-GTE

Turboing the NA is more difficult then you would imagine, they share the 2JZ name but are almost completely different, plus the car only came in a automatic version so you have to account that it can only hand around 300hp before blowing up.
The states has loads of imported motors in warehouses already.

Because I live in a cucked country where engine swaps are pretty much illegal

M103 and M104 are great engines for turbocharging. Too bad they aren't available with a rear sump so I have to go with a 2JZ-GE instead.

Plenty of people running NA-T engines with huge power outputs. I don't see what the problem is, you're going to run aftermarket engine management after all and with E85 the higher compression isn't a problem.

>smoke a Lambo
go back and masturbate to your anime

I guess I have to add that apparently the non-VVTi 2JZ-GE is a lot stronger than the VVTi model, but I suppose you could just swap the internals from the GTE engine and still end up saving a lot of money.

Plenty of people running NA-T engines with huge power outputs. I don't see what the problem is

In Supras yes,, but with IS300s and GS300s the A650E automatic could barely hold the power of the 1UZ in GS400s. and manual IS300s are rather rare to come by anyways. You could always swap a w55/w58 in but then you'd be pulling the motor out.

I'd still prefer that Audi straight 5 though, similarly stronk but more unique.

I like my 1UZ though.

Well, you're probably right about that. I'm going to use a BMW diesel gearbox that can handle about 700 hp. Costs a few hundred to have the JZ bellhousing welded on but the gearbox was free at least.

To add onto this the transmissions have no problem holding 350HP its inbetween gears is when they nuke themselves, I believe 1st to 2nd and 3rd to 4th is rather weak, a external transmission cooler and VB upgrade can help bring this to 450hp. Several websites also sell fully built A650E's for 3500$ that can hold 750hp safely.

My car is FWD :^)

Nice trips though

7M-GTE
M
G
T
E

ok satan - I have a 1999 Lexus GS300.

You are telling me that for $3500 I can swap out my engine for one of those?

>not wanting a transverse i6

Some sellers on ebay are selling GTEs with harness autotragic and ECU for 2100. A shop could possibly swap that in for 1400.

>They cost on average $3500

Not in North America they don't. They have a retarded drift tax. $3500 into a V8 would get you to the 500whp zone, naturally aspirated while being more compact. Throw a turbo onto the V8 and the 2J is useless here.

Inline 6's are hopeless. inb4 some 5 second Supra with a $150k engine.

Here in Yurop, a 2JZ makes sense. Well, the GTE doesn't because it does have a huge ricer/drift/whatever tax, but a GE can be had for 1/3rd the price.
I can't swap a 160hp 3.5L lightweight V8 in my car for example because of stupid displacement regulations regarding engine swaps, but I can swap a 220hp 3L boat anchor straight-6 just fine.

I would if my car wasn’t a tiny shitbox with hardly enough room for a 1.5L i4. Besides, might as well go with the superior flat 6/rwd if you want a stupidly wide engine in the front

>ITT: Busriders

I own a shitbox GS, what do you drive, friendly user?

shit. now I am really tempted. I need to look into this.

>turboing the n/a is harder

Holy fuck neck yourself. Im so tired of reading this shit.
>but nothing is forged
Then drive it until it blows up faggot, then forge it.

>but it doesnt have the turbo cam
Who the FUCK cares?

>but it has a higher compression ratio piston
Then run it on a higher octane you stupid fucks

>but the fuel system cant take it
Then spend to upgrade it you mongoloid. Its better than being fucking SLOW.

I rather get a Modular

Why? So you have two banks of twins cams to deal with? Or an oil pump gear to replace? Transmissions that are always grenading? Pistons as a weak point?

It is harder then a GTE though, because one is naturally aspirated and one is turboed from factory, is this hard to understand?
>Then drive it until it blows up faggot, then forge it.
Wow, it's almost as if the platform can't handle it.

After all is said and done you've dumped nearly 4 grand to get it done PROPERLY unless you wanna half-ass everything and be a total fuckwit blowing up motors then telling yourself it's easy, go fucking GTE swap it for 1,000 more if you're already wasting that much money to be unique.

>NA 2JZ
Assuming that they don't own a Supra please refer to:

That the reason why. In burgerland it just doesn't make sense because we have more powerful domestic V8s just lying around.

Ford>Toyota

>logic of a namefag

toyota has never won LeMans, Toyota has never won F1, Toyota had to cheat to win WRC, etc. Modern Ford lineup is many times better than Toyota's, the modular is still being made unlike the JZ

deal with it

You're entitled to your opinion even if it's wrong, I don't give a shit about ford winning Motorsports when they're busying hemorrhaging headgaskets

>not LS swapping a jz supra
kek

>modular v8s
>having bad headgaskets

nice delusion

I worship at the altar of LS, Satan. I will not fall to your heresy.

>$3500
>entire cost of a sloppy mechanics 9 second car

lol cuck

>LS engines
>not trash

>2JZ swapped Hilux smoking a Lamborghini
I'm not too sure about this, user

fuck off namefag

I’m pretty fucking sure about this, bub, that sounds like the alphamobile right there

>Mfw I can get a 2JZ for a grand in NZ

Neat. I want a 1UZ, though.

You'd have to spend the sticker price of any modern lambo to get the hilux in working order to smoke one, unless we're just talking straight line speed.

id rather honda swap
i dont like heavy shit

GE for a grand is nothing special. GTE for a grand is exceptional.

Maybe it wouldn’t physically win the race, but it’d certainly win in terms of Cool Guy Points(tm)

I don't disagree, not what OP differentiated, however ;)

Straight line, piece of piss. Just need a strong enough diff and a big enough turbo. Corners will need some serious work lmao.

sperg more

cool boomerbile

>tfw 4L i6 instead of little 3L

It's still a better engine than 80% of the 0.6L TTDI whatever the fuck europe keeps churning out.

and still inferior to the other 20%

Because my daily has a rb26/30det and my skid car has a turbo barra

There one up for grabs near me fo 8.5k but it dodgy as shit

Ford? Jeep?

>yurop
>not swapping in a measly 2.2l straight 5 boat anchor

hes talking about the focus rs warping itself to death, you know the car that ford admitted nearly 30,000 RS's might have "bad headgaskets"

>2JZ swapped Cruze smoking a Lamborghini
I dunno man. FWD transmissions don't have a lot of room for upgrades

>heavy as fuck car with big turbo and 5 seconds of lag
thanks anyway

[spoiler] the 2jz sounds bad too [/spoiler]

wrong friendo

kys

Satan trips should I 2jz swap my 96 Camry and put it in the back seat so I can keep it front wheel drive?

Don't need 2JZ-GTE because I already have 1JZ-GTE in my daily Toyota Verossa. It'd be nice to have a 1.5JZ for a budget stroker option though.

Isn't the 3sgt supposed to be a better choice nowadays

>cost on average 3500
>for just the engine
>let's ignore all the other costs of doing a swap that can push it into the 10-15k range depending on vehicle

Missing 1 cylinder there, friend.