/mmg/ Mega Man General

False Death Edition
Thread No. 181
Discuss anything Mega Man related. Art, OCs, Music, Fan Games, the comics, cartoons, etc. Discussion about Mega Man-esque games, Mighty No. 9, Azure Striker Gunvolt, Red Ash and Inafune is also welcome.

>Previous Thread

>list of all games
megaman.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Games

>List of fan games
megamanfanon.wikia.com/wiki/Fan_games

>Comic, Manga, other printed media
pastebin.com/VQbnMXGe
mega.nz/#F!G8VjXSjY!HigLekH1YRxozZQwgsu7EA (fixed artbooks.)

>Music Playlists and Albums
pastebin.com/6iYqEkM2
A TON of Mega Man remix albums (and some Gunvolt CDs)

>Cartoons and Anime
pastebin.com/Uq6Wi9Ms

>Our booru!
mmg.booru.org/

Other urls found in this thread:

rockman-corner.com/2017/08/mega-man-x-novel-chapter-2-translated.html
youtu.be/xEv3lW5PGWk
youtu.be/0sML-zjfqXk
youtu.be/EyZSsygKYqc
youtube.com/watch?v=BEvsZBIsKac
youtu.be/s8OUEsz30fM
youtu.be/mFJNaeZaFf0
youtu.be/C7BnvV9FWUc
youtube.com/watch?v=f78DPf3kmps
youtu.be/D_V368VzRRQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Sorry for the inconvenience. I was busy playing Miitopia.

At least it was an excuse to update the OP and get rid of the Discord which was previously requested that we do.

whoops, forgot to bump the thread

S'all good. Me too.

rockman-corner.com/2017/08/mega-man-x-novel-chapter-2-translated.html

Anyone remember the Mega Man X Novel? Chapter 2 is finally translated.

DAY-CHAN POSTING REPORTING IN!
DAY-CHAN IS CUTE! CUTE!
GOOD NIGHT, EVERYONE!

Nah, Vile would be an assist of sorts.
Like, press L and he would bombard the screen clean.

welcome back, daychan! Sorry about the last edition. Then again we had maybe about a day with that one left.

Do we get to see the twins mom die then?

What's the deal with this guy? He just shows up and tries to kill gunvolt because he thinks he stole his loli for himself.

Sumeragi, never ever.

Because apparently day-chan is cute.

I prefer Merak and Teseo myself.

Hey everyone! I hope you all are having a great time! Does anyone here play Battle Network 6 competitively? Can anyone here recommend me good ModCards? I use Famous' Custom and SoulNetbattler's a lot, sometimes BassCross (Falzar Version, the silver BassCross abilities.)

Imo the only cute character is the loli

I dont think anyone's played competively since the DS and Wii servers went down. If you're lucky you might find some personal hosted servers but that's a big if, it seems.

On tonight's episode of comparisons: The Suffering Purple's themes :
youtu.be/xEv3lW5PGWk
youtu.be/0sML-zjfqXk
youtu.be/EyZSsygKYqc
>Only one unique boss theme
Being Vile is suffering.

Probably.
Maybe in a epilogue. And we unlock a short gameplay of Vile later. He dies to a charge shot

Vile's x8 theme was good at least.

Word of warning

If you play Megaman games with an Xbone controller, I would like to steer you away from putting Dash on the left or right bumper buttons. I managed to break my right bumper button on said controller by dashing too much. The bumper buttons are flimsy pieces of shit that should be pressed sparingly.

I so want to hate this controller, but it feels so good. I ended up beating X4 using a PS2 controller after this happened and Xbone controller is way better.

I also broke the left bumper button on my 360 controller doing that, so watch out guys

Thanks for the advice.

youtube.com/watch?v=BEvsZBIsKac

Day of Sigma style Mega Man X anime movie when?

Day of Sigma was so fucking good,
the Maverick Hunter X series deserved more than what it got.
Whose idea was it to put the game on a PSP? Legit question. I wish we got more of those games, playing through X2-X6 would've been great, and apparently they planned to remake all of those, but Capcom was on its "LET'S REMAKE A BUNCH OF CLASSIC GAMES EVERYONE LOVES AND PUT THEM ON A HANDHELD SYSTEM RIGHT WHEN NEW CONSOLES ARE BEING RELEASED" phase and so the effort put into this, MMPU, Ultimate GhostsNGoblins and Castlevania Dracula X Chronicles somewhat went to waste, which deeply pains me.

How cool would it have been to have anime cutscenes for the plot of X2-6, and remastered cutscenes for X4?

You think X's presence in MVCI might lead to this or some new form of MMX-related official media? Also, who's his VA gonna be? I hear the old one retired, which is a relief since I swear I thought he had died.

God I am in such pain right now

>Day of Sigma style Mega Man X anime movie when?
Never

>Day of Sigma was so fucking good,
It was.

>the Maverick Hunter X series deserved more than what it got.
It did.

>How cool would it have been to have anime cutscenes for the plot of X2-6, and remastered cutscenes for X4?
Bee's knees
youtu.be/s8OUEsz30fM
youtu.be/mFJNaeZaFf0
youtu.be/C7BnvV9FWUc

>You think X's presence in MVCI might lead to this
No.

>or some new form of MMX-related official media?
Hard maybe.

>Also, who's his VA gonna be?
He speaks in the story demo for MvCI, so maybe that guy.

> I hear the old one retired, which is a relief since I swear I thought he had died.
He's pursuing his dentist career apparently. Lucas just made a really unfortunate joke.

>God I am in such pain right now
Sorry to hear. Hope you feel better.

Yes, there's a Mega Man X5 hack that does exactly that on romhacking.net. It doesn't have a specific name but if you search their forums a thread will pop up first thing.

The stories of the X games make the games worse. I don't know about you, but I mash through all of the dialogue and cutscenes in those games because I just don't give a shit about their stupid convoluted story.

All the story needs to be is "there are 8 mavericks running amok and it looks like Sigma is at it again!" while keeping dialogue to a minimum (like they did in the classic megaman games) and they'd be better games.

In theory, the PSP would have been a good system to put it on, but nobody who bought a PSP was actually buying the exclusive games and were instead using it as an emulator. So while the console had decent sales, the games all had poor sales. Which is a shame cause the PSP had great exclusives.

MHX could have easily fixed all that, I feel.

I think the story of any post X4-game does that, Zero series included. And it was a fucking bliss to play in the Japanese when I had no idea how to read katakana and hiragana because I got only the pure experience of gameplay and it was good.

>Get script
>ZERO YOU'RE THE HERO
>THE LEGENDARY HERO
>AS EXPECTED OF THE LEGENDARY HERO
>DID WE MENTION ZERO IS A HERO YET AND ONLY ZERO COULD HAVE DONE THIS
>by the way the four guardians are supposedly a big deal but any time they interact with another sprite they're made its bitches unless Zero beat said sprite first. Also omega's explosion killed them lol.

I wish they wrote Iris better. reading the complete works, you can tell the devs didn't like killing her off for the lame plot device of man pain. Iris deserved better than a cardboard personality.

(Sorry for the late reply) You're probably talking about Double Team DS, 6 is on GBA, I've never fought an actual person and I'm just setting up (I don't have a PC atm for netplay) folders and whatnot.

Iris was just there to be Zero's own Aeris. THE JAPANESE COMMERCIAL for the game used her death scene for it.

youtube.com/watch?v=f78DPf3kmps

So yeah, Inafune was swinging for the fences with CAN EVERYBODY LIKE ZERO ALREADY, IT'S NOT LIKE HE GOT ALL THE FMVS IN THIS GAME TO HIMSELF.

I get that, but you can skip the plot and dialogue sequences here anyway. And it's not like in X5 where apparently the action stops every 5 seconds, there's only dialogue at the boss rooms.

The X series has a really interesting setting and the overarching Zero is actually Dr. Light's answer to X and they're fated to fight eachother plot was handled nicely I feel, for instance.

Doesn't help that most people who owned a PSP pirated everything on it because Sony can't into handhelds.

Inafune is gonna pirate MVCI and main his waifu

Oh yeah that's right. I forgot only one BN game was on the DS... Operation Shooting Star doesnt really count.

Inafune originally wanted Zero to "steal all the cool scenes" in his own words. but he really fucked everything up by X3 when he got more influence. He bought Zero back literally just because he could and no other reason. Which is all well and good because he was still second banana to X in that game, but still.

>spoiler
What is wrong with me today

People actually used to PVP a lot on OSS because it didn't have Timefreeze Counter Fire.

The Zero problem honestly started in X2 itself because then the plot became all about Zero. Sigma's obsessed with turning him to his side, we're supposed to care about who created Zero, the X-Hunters' entire scheme relies on rebuilding Zero.

X3 at least gave it a rest IMO, it did make him playable but he was completely ancillary to the plot and it only mattered when the ending said he and X had to destroy each other.

At least she has the GBC game.

Mind you, I don't hate Zero as a character at all. His dynamic with X is interesting and he's a good sidekick. Inafune just pushed him into the limelight too much.

I wish we could have seen MHX fix all this shit and I hope one day Capcom gives the reboot another chance on the switch or any other console that isn't a blatant piratefag tool.

The one thing that would make me interested in MHX would be Zero stays dead after X1 in this timeline, so it's its own thing, and X2 onwards basically happen to tell the story of a world with Reploids, as opposed to 'the story of a world with Zero'.

I'm okay with Zero. I just don't want him to be, you know, pushing X out of the spotlight and halting his character development for the sake of angst and lame man pain.

Capcom can't be trusted to pull that off well even without Inafune at the helm, see anything X5 onwards.

X6 you mean. That game was made without Inafune's influence.

Inafune only told them to kill Zero in X5 as well and nothing else (his own words). He was already hands off with the X series beginning with that game.

Gun Man, is that you?
You look so.. thin. Did you go on a diet?

He should have stuck to character design. Things would have been better if Kitamura had stuck around, but I can understand why he felt frustrated and left the company. He had to beg just to get Mega Man 2 made. He really pushed the limits of what you could do on an NES.

Inafune is a fucking ingrate. They had promoted him to the head of global production mere months before he left. I don't think he has any right to claim that he was being restricted.

>Things would have been better if Kitamura had stuck around
I still need to play Cocoron and Little Samson to be sure, but replaying MM1 and 2 in light of all the other entries, I honestly think I like what came after his depature better.

And I'm a guy who's always giving Inafune shit, and I think his departure was filled to the brim with hypocrisy (he was finally brute forcing his lifelong dfream of a Legends 3 and such), it does seem like the guy was really passionate about the series, down to going to help the company they outsourced Wily Wars to because they were having a rough time with quality assurance.

The problem is that in light of all the lightweights (Kitamura, Fujiwara) leaving, Capcom began to prop up Inafune way too much as 'the true father of Mega Man' (not even fucking with you, they used "true" in Japanese materials once) since he was still at the company, and I think then he really started to lose sight of himself.

I loved cocoron. it was an excellent game.

>lightweights
lol what the fuck am I doing

I meant heavyweights, the very opposite

It's still interesting to think what could have been

Are you saying a lot of the failings of the mega man franchise are solely in the hands of the CEOs at capcom? Not that I would disagree with you. They seem to make decisions that do the opposite of generate profit. hence the "capcom hates money" meme that gets thrown around here.

>Not knowing about Gun Man's sexy future counterpart
I just spent an hour making this send help

Of course I know about Gun Man's future counterpart. Who doesn't? It's Vile.

Why dont they have an origins of Vile backstory? They could have taken a page out of Sega's book. Edgy teens ate that shit up when Sonic Adventure 2 came out. It would have printed money even if it was bad.

How are Gunman's kids then.
He needs at least 4 of them.

>Vile: Maria, nooo!
>The camera zooms out to show Vile watching a Spanish soap drama.

>Someone screams "KEEP IT DOWN!" from out of screen.
>Vile just Rocketto Launcha them.

You insult me with your words

Everyone knows cannon on head > cannon on shoulder
Exploding knees? Pfft, I got EXPLODING SHOULDERS
Oh, what's that? He fires bullets from his hands? LOOK AT MINE

Gun Man > Vile in every way

And I've already suffered enough, please
A man stripped of his shekels, his waifu, his arms that one time, and whose brother who took said arms has become a pasta demon.

and Vile watching Spanish soaps is now a crack canon of mine.

I mean what does he have to do with his time when he's not blowing things up and being a general menace?

Raise his kids?

I mean a hobby.

Fuck the neighbor's garden up?
Bully Junior?

exploding knees > exploding shoulders
cannon on head > cannon on shoulder though for sure

>Having to either jump or kneel to attack
>Firing a single projectile

Uh, working on ride armors I guess. He seems to have no problem getting a whole of some sweet customs.

How much you wanna bet he's a total nerd with some model kits lying around?

youtu.be/D_V368VzRRQ

I feel invincible when I manage to activate one of her songs. It makes me wonder if I would an adept in the world of ASG.

What do you think your ability would be if you were an adept? Mines pretty lame... I think I would turn invisible.

I would probably have something related to my mouth.
Maybe being able to make threads of super resistant silk using my saliva?

Gross but unique to say the least.

Yeah, I was going for the latter.
And it also could be super useful.

X is a Disney princess. why the fuck wasn't he the main character of his own god damn series and why hasn't Disney bought Capcom?

X would outsell every disney princess in existance.
Don't make me want to draw a Princess X, for the love of GOD.

Do it. Here's a waifu Zero in exchange

too late. you already suggested it.

Once I've finish this contest entry, then.
I wonder which one should I use as a base for him.

the one in the pink outfit

I meant Disney princess but ok.

Oh. uhm...Jasmine as far as color scheme goes.

Since I was going to draw it, color scheme wouldn't matter. I was thinking about the dress format.
For example, I don't see X in something like Cinderella's dress.

What about Mulan?

Mulan have a dress?
Anyhow, after a little search, I've found out that there are lots of disney princesses.
Sort of decided to go with one named Giselle or something, since it looked easier to fuse with X's cyber elf outfit. Here is a mock up.

fair enough

what if disney made a megaman

/mmg/ is lazy

It would be cancer, but I already have some ideas.

you can't just spout this meme without any context... That's lazy

Basically a modern remake of Pinocchio

The OVA was even named "Upon a Star"

Disney wants nothing to do with the cartoons after everyone got mad at joe kelly.

Roll should be a disney princess instead

I was thinking more about shit like Harpuia being a co-protagonist and having a song about his feelings or Prometheus and Pandora being like Agony and Panic from Heracles.
Or how pretty our bishounens would be in the classic disney princess artstyle.

I woud ability put pennis on girl

What am I fighting for~

Exactly.

An X rock opera would be fun too.

Good night,/mmg/.
Don't die

gnight!

wake the fuck up!

fuck you hub you cant tell me what to do you fake brother

its fucking midnight megs, shut down already

It's time to stay up all night and party