Fighting Games General /fgg/

pastebin.com/rPVC94ez

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/ARlyWYK_tTg?t=5m16s
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I like sfv

Play Weiss

Scarlet Witch for MvsC:I

are the 3 other RWBY's even going to be in the game?

*slaps titty*

not bad...

Say one nice thing about Ghost Rider.

Hell Fire

The main 4 are guaranteed. I think 1 villain will be in it too.

loooook into my eyes and tell me what it is you seeeeeeeeee

I like the latino one with the car

If its not Roman, then they fucked up.

Daryl when?

Why can't Arcsys just throw money at e-sports just like Capcom to make anime more legitimate? Why isn't there Arsys pro tour?

Before EVO and Tokido rekindled the SF hype, SFV was on a deathbed running on life support that is the Capcom Pro Tour. There's barely any grassroot organization and even at my locals, come January-May this year people are dropping SFV left and right. People watch SFV stream for the e-sport athlete drama, not for the game itself.

play starfire

Why no one plays Baiken

No muties allowed

Not gonna lie, that cover looks slick as fuck.

arcsys isnt a huge corporation like capcom and dont have all that money to throw around

wood main

they're going to pick up john d after capcom fires him and then we'll see who gets left behind

They can let their games stand on their own instead.

what did you call her bro?

She's been retconned into not being Mags child & being a mutate, like spidey, intead of a mutant.

Play carol

And that somehow makes her okay?

The art's nice but the name for the hellish entities are fucking trash
She gets cuter the longer I look at her

I want to, but I just bought the game yesterday for her only to find out I have to buy the whole damn fighter pack just for her.

That's just bullshit. Why can't I buy her separately.

playblue

SHUT UP HATER GO BACK TO /R/KAPPA!!!!!!

I did for hours yesterday.

Yep. Mutant's have the X gene. Mutate's are produced from freak accidents. Basically it's like the same situation where they retconned Squirrel Girl being a mutant were instead she was just born 'special'. Dumb bullshit loopholes that makes them able to use characters.

Broski, does your sponsor make you do training sessions before tournies?

Do you play more than usual, or do you already play a lot, tournies or not, because your life is a training mode, bro?

I strongly agree, those guys have no idea what they're talking about

in japan you play fighters because you enjoy them, or because theres a large playerbase and you want to play with them.
its never been a reward money thing, which has completely fucked western e-sports.

there's been talk of adding e-sports to the olympics. i cant even imagine how fake that would be

So why doesn't Capcom call Magneto and Wolverine mutates?

what fighting game is she from?

*saves fighting games*

You're literally ruining the FGC by supporting it, it shows developers that they can get away with throwing feces in their fans' faces and they'll still be licking their boots

Okay.

as much as I want this to be a thing. It's going to fail hard. Another MMO dead 2 days after I purchase it.

Play Suija

I feel like that's going to turn out like for honor

user the reason they're not in MvC isn't that the playerbase is racist towards mutants or some shit

>arcsys isnt a huge corporation like capcom and dont have all that money to throw around

So is fucking Capcom. They're Sony's and Disney's bitchboi. Any of their games sans RE7 you can see corners cut everywhere. Monsther Hunter their flagship annual IP still uses the same old PSP model from MH1. Capcom ain't got money to do shit since RE6 came out. Everything has been WE'RE SO POOR PLS UNDERSTAND and every Capcom IP's has been on shoestring budget. However they do have one or two throwaway job for employee to engage with the community, and help organize locals/big local events, provide equipments, etc.

He exists in the same niche as some cool guys

Why the fuck are Nova, Spencer, Chris Redfield and Nemesis in MVCI

There's nothing wrong with SFV.

Hell, maybe the FGC is already doomed when legitimate concerns for it are brought up and people just respond as if it's completely ridiculous and go like yo whatever bro k XD instead of formulating an actual response

she's even cuter in motion, go watch a movie where she shows off her 10/10 jugs

where do i get this necalli skin?

>Why are guy that is in a movie, the token black guy, and the main character and an iconic villain from their best-selling series in the game?

Because they're Mutants. IIRC Scarlet Witch & Quicksilver debuted in an Avenger issue, which is why they were allowed in the movie. They aren't technically X-Men characters. Just like Squirrel Girl debuted in an Ironman comic. Also, Scarlet Witch & Quicksilver always had mystery family shit before revealed to be Mags kids, which is why Polaris is the only child with similar Mag powers, so doing this bullshit is techincally 'fine'. Dumb as fuck though

he cool

oops

>I strongly agree, those guys have no idea what they're talking about
Not him, but 3rd strike dicksucking has gone out of control as repeatable meme, similar to le water temple in Zelda. Granted I only played 3rd strike for a short time (1.5 year) before SF4 came out, but 3rd Strike is just as busted as SFV if not even more. 3rd Strike has less characters on the roster and more spread out tier list, with ChunYunKen dominating high level play. If back in 2007 3rd Strike has an online ladder, everyone would be crying and complaining about ChunYunKen metagame.

Why does the Juri just take all the throws?

Conditioned to block low

ling xiaoyu is difficult to play

>Nova
Really popular character in the comics and in UMVC3, very likely to appear in the next Guardians of the Galaxy movie
>Spencer
Really unique play style and abilities, most people probably expected him to be a guaranteed exclusion. A lot of people remember Bionic Commando on the NES very fondly, and likely fills the same role that Arthur does in that regard.
>Chris Redfield
Like it or not, he is "Resident Evil" in the same way that Ryu is "Street Fighter"
Probably included to avoid the appearance that the RE protagonist slot was just a revolving door of whoever starred in the latest game
>Nemesis
Really unique character type in that he's a big character with armor and isn't a dedicated grappler. Helps to represent RE better by being able to play as a zombie instead of just humans with guns

A throw is less damage than eating a combo.

I would've DPed somewhere in there, though.

Wow, another brainlet whose mind has been dulled by SFV cannot appreciate the complexities on third strike
Skillful mechanics like parries massively raise the skill ceiling and make any character viable, the people crying about "ChunYunKen" are literally just mad over their own shortcomings

yes she is
just play paul
fireball + punch = 60% damage on counter hit

go ask fraudukana

guessing whether someone will throw or not throw is not fun

why don't they make fighting games without that shit

cause this is coinflip oki fighter v

I'm actually glad Nemesis is back in MvCI. He was always fun as fuck to play as imo and I love big, huge power grapplers. The problem is, due to the way pushblock works in the game, I really think he's probably been nerfed. That missile isn't going to hit anybody.

What if you tag out with it?

I guess most people nowadays just enjoy playing shitty games because there hasn't been much effort to revive good ones like sf4

I think the missile might be one of the few standard projectiles that can't be reflected, like Chris's Magnum

I was playing paul at first but I didn't know how to do anything besides "try to demoman and death fist" people which wasn't working out

I don't get tekken yet

why do people complain about this character when she never wins anything

SF4 isn't good to begin with. "Revive" is a joke.

SF is shit in general. Soul Calibur is the game that needs the real revival.

she's too hard dood

they need a big titty character that's easy to play

maybe give her fireballs and a raging demon

Name one gameplay flaw with USF4.

F A D C

except it was good idiot

that's what DBF is for

they even have a tournament at Gamescom lmao. I'm excited desu

"""Good"""

she "crushes" mids and aop is extremely annoying

fadc ultras myriad of os abundance of backdash invincibility 1f links

There's nothing wrong with FADC. Also it's in Blazblue, Guilty Gear, Tekken, and pretty much every other game people play these days so by your logic all games are bad.

youtu.be/ARlyWYK_tTg?t=5m16s

>machabo grabbing Raven out of his oki

lmaooo I remember I posted that you can do this and all of the pretend goobers in here called me shit or said I was playing shit players. where are you frauds at now?

Because Japan and the execs are cautious about it. Esports isn't really a thing. There's Topanga, but tournaments never flourished because cash prizes are complicated by gambling rules in Japan. It's a complicated thing because the producers would like to grow their games but at the same time they don't want to sell out and upper management is not interested in it. However they've been more kind of throwing in pot bonuses like at Evo and CEOtaku.

Fuck you, I liked Nova & Nemesis.

>invincible backdash is a bad thing

post CFN and come FT10 my laura right now you scrub

she does very high damage for like no reason when she's a mixup character
her stance is straight up broken and avoids way too much

If USFIV and UMVC3 were such fucking masterpieces in comparison to their successors, then just ignore SFV and MVCI and keep playing those games. Unless you're a top sponsored player who literally plays these games as a career, there's no one forcing you to play the new entries, especially now that Marvel 3 got a re-release. When Super Smash Brothers Brawl came out, competitive players of Melee decided that it was so jank, slow, and casualized that it wasn't worth replacing melee with, and have been playing the exact same game that they liked for over 15 years. If Ultra and Ultimate were so fucking perfect, then they'll become the Melees of the FGC and leave SFV and MVCI in the dust.

Machaboo guessed wrong twice and then guessed right (defensive throw against walk up throw attempt). Nothing to see here.

wow

hopefully the 20th anniversary vid saying "The Legend Will Never Die" means something
ayy giantdad for SC6 :)

they're a good thing but they went overboard on some characters with that shit

>cfn
lmao

>I CAN'T PUNISH SOME CHARACTERS BACKDASH
>I DON'T CARE IF YOU CAN OS THE BACKDASH IT STILL ISN'T FAIR!
post the game and ill still expose you for being a scrub

the FGC is filled with fags that wanna play the newest version of game with the most people playing it

i WISH people had the backbone to keep playing USF4, ESPECIALLY because 90% of the niggers that complain about SFV say USF4 was the greatest game ever, why arent they playing it then? makes me angery

If I was playing Akuma in 3s and got knocked down, would wake up karathrow beat some options? There's a forward input for parry and fMP is throw invul

>hit someone with bt 4

what am I supposed to follow this up with

wake up with EX DP

yeah no kid sorry you're so stupid and wrong I'm not even going into explaining why because you simply wouldn't understand it

Um

Arcsys DOES do that, it's that they only do it for BB and not GG, and the coverage is entirely for JP instead of international.