[Daily Bike Thread - /dbt/]

>Thoughtful BMW sitting by the lake ponders whether being the 'k5 of it's generation' is a compliment or an insult edition.

>Motorcycle Questions & Answers
>Motorcycle Tips & Tricks
>Motorcycle Gear & Accessories
>Motorcycle Pics & Webms
>Motorcycle Dating Advice
>Motorcycle Chicken Strip Support Group

/dbt/ map: Meet & fuck:
google.com/maps/d/viewer?msa=0&mid=1YwqbzbdRjMAItdOZPktcND3Nr98

No Bike? Start here:
TFW no Grom simulator:
cycle-ergo.com

Reasonable, humble bikes:
a2bikes.co.uk/

Check your helmet's safety rating here:
crash.org.au/

Previous thread:

first for Street Fighter Z125

>that price
i like the bike but come the fuck on

devil's advocate is that it's probably near new or new.

it's a s t r e e t f i g h t e r

Kawasaki a best.

it's an extra $200 for some blue paint and decals.

Post bikes, yuro 125's need not apply

This

as somebody who actually rides a streetfighter, that's not a street fighter.

this

>'aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.png'
user, these 'aaaaaaaaaa' titles are reserved for v4 Aprilias. Please be mindful of that in the future. :^)

I need to take new pics but when I'm ridding I really don't want to stop just for that.

>Suzuki culture.

Single seaters only

how annoying is the exhaust volume on that?

Fuck. Here's pic.

Where did /dbt/ ride today?

don't make fun of me or my file management ever again

To work.

True dat

i am supremely jealous of your garage, user. looks cozy as shit

Paint those 1by4's man

Sup doods
I'm finally going for a ride tomorrow, hopefully I'll take more pics
I don't notice it when I'm riding, I imagine anyone to the right of me could hear me a mile away tho

ok /dbt/ I need help, I down to two bikes for next purchase:

>2015 FJ-09
>6xxx miles
>comes with givi hardcases
>corbin seat
>$6500
>located at a local stealership

>2008 FZ1
>6xxx miles
>comes with givi hardcases
>graves ti exhaust per seller
>privately owned but located 3 hours from here
>$5500

what do?

Get a real exhaust man, you give us a bad name

I'd say the fazer, but the FJ is an awesome bike too. The Corbin seat and ability to finance it to raise your credit score might be the big selling points for you on the FJ.

i'd rather an fj from the stealership than drive 3 hours to see that the fz1 is a pos.

FZ1, don't have to deal with bs dealership fees and salesmen. Just make sure to thoroughly check out the bike, don't buy a lemon.

Do you want wind protection or moar speed?

You gonna be touring more or doing more sport type riding?
Both are on pretty equal ground, but the FZ has the edge in the sport department, while the FJ has more creature comforts.
I think I personally would take the FJ

All good points. I did plan on playing 20 questions with the seller before I went up there, but who knows what I'll find out in person

both desu, but I guess muh speed wins as long as I have wind protection

mostly commuting, then some weekend hooning around town, and then occasional (two, maybe three times a year) weekend motocamping trips in the mountains

I've never had a complaint about noise so I see no need to put a can on.
>Implying I care that you care about what people think of motorcycles

as long as I have *some* wind protection

That's a real nigger tier exhaust dude.

Your call I'd be pretty torn too. I think I'd end up with the FJ for the seat and because it's newer.

Any reason why no one on here posts cruisers?
Was looking at buying one soon and was hoping to lurk and soak in some info

Couple of guys do. They're slow and not as comfy as a touring bike, so no real appreciable reason to buy one imo

Gotta get something off my chest.

I went wide through a turn into a ditch on my first fucking ride and haven't ridden since. I'm terrified that I can't control the bike and have had a nightmare a few times where I go wide on a right instead of a left and collide head on with an F150 (don't know why but I definitely remember it's an F150).

I still lurk /dbt/ because I like reading the discussion and looking at bikes, at least when that guy with the semi and the harleys isn't sending the thread directly into the garbage.

I feel slightly better.
Blog

take the MSF course and ride a smaller bike until you unfuck your shit, user.

is it normal for a leather jacket to feel really comfortable and stiff?

It fits me properly but just feels awful, why use this over my textile jacket? its 10 times more comfy.

Tires are getting a little bald, not sure if I should replace the tires this month or replace the clutch. Both are okay-ish, but both need replacement.

They're worse than in this pic obviously.

so this is what happens when u don't take the MSF course...

happens to everybody at some point but idk how the fuck you managed that on your first ride, most people go so slowly that it's actually difficult to fuck up that bad.

you think you can't lean as far as you actually can, every beginner feels that way. It takes a long time to git gud, half of the faggots in this thread, including myself, aren't as good as we think we are

Easiest way to get over it is to make sure you know the basics, get back in the saddle, and take it easy

Practice dude! It doesn't come naturally to everyone, go ride around parking lots and slow neighborhood roads for a few hours until you're more confident

I can see it happening with someone who has friends that ride, and they push him too hard early on, or he tries to chase keeping up with more experienced folk

Just get an oem 6r exhaust off eBay for like $150 dude, that thing is fucking cancer

its ok, within my first month of riding a big bike I had an accident while filtering through traffic.

>Filtering as a noob
I bet it was entirely your fault, huh.

Nice soup can, at least it's better than this

I did take MSF, so that was perhaps a misnomer -- not the literal first time I was riding a moving motorcycle, my first non-MSF ride.

Here's the really embarrassing part: it was a left turn from a stop. I wasn't even going remotely fast.

I think a lot of my fear comes from traffic too. My neighborhood dumps right onto a pretty major road that always has a shitload of activity. I was basically sweating buckets in my helmet with all those fucking wine-coolered up soccer moms zipping around in oversized SUVs man. It was like 'nam or some shit for my rookie ass.

It will feel better the more you wear it because it will stretch in the right places. At least if it's a proper leather jacket.

You use it other than textile because "muh leathers" and also offer better protection.

I did a similar thing when I was new.

What you need to do now is work out whether you want to ride and then if so ease back into it slowly

You need to reteach your brain that you can corner safely, confidently and in control.

I still get moments in right hand turns where my brain wigs out and tells me I can't corner harder but you need to realise that unless you're scraping peg the bike will lean over more.

Take it slowly, rushing it will get you back to square one.

Hell no, the oem is way too big and ugly. I think it looks fine so I'm keeping it. Plus no one ever tries to cut me off cuz they hear me coming a mile away

You're a squid

yes it was my fault

I had ridden a 125 for a year before that, and felt overconfident on the big bike (1200cc)

What the fuck am I watching?

Thanks mate

Doesn't bother me enough to do the extra paint work.

No one on earth cares what your exhaust looks like
That shit must be infinitesimally loud, Jesus.
You realize they can't even run exhausts like that at race tracks because of noise restrictions?

How much is that floor material, and do you have a bike jack?

You went from a 125 to a 1200?

I paid ~$1500 for 600 sq.ft. from RaceDeck. I've been thinking of a bike lift, although I don't mind laying on the floor that much.

Did you fail to do a burnout and fell? What the fuck was that?

I dont really mind slow, assuming you mean slow is in not a rocket, im not looking for an adrenaline rush.
Touring bikes seem nice but a bit bulky and from the looks of it much more expensive.
I really only plan on riding for the sake of riding and running small errands.
Thanks for the response i guess ill keep researching.

Do tires first. Cops can write a ticket for bad tires. Clutch, not so much.

yeah lol

I wasn't planning to but then I saw it at such a good price at the dealer, test rode it and fell in love instantly

desu its only 109hp.

Just saying mate, you're paying more for less bike by buying a cruiser, especially an "American made" one.
You can get touring bikes like the FJR1300 or an older Goldwing for really cheap, and they're way more comfortable and capable than most cruisers.
The only thing cruisers have I'd the aesthetic and ScreaminEagleā„¢ VTwin RumbleĀ©

>yuro 125's need not apply
You're not the boss of me now

a retarded user's literal first day on a baik. Stalled out while trying to turn and couldn't keep it up with manlet muscles

Trying to help noob-crash user understand the difference that a little bit of practice can make. For example here's a webm taken a few weeks shortly after the full retard webm. Sorry for potato quality, this bike was years ago and I was broke af

>Filtering in a state where there are Zaxby's
Be careful dude lol. People down here will try to kill you for that

I'm guessing he stalled, didn't get feet down in time and dropped the bike.

When lifting it back up failed to mount it and dropped it again.

I know because I did the first thing with the learner bike during a riding lesson, except it didn't stall it was just in neutral and I took my feet off the ground expecting the bike to move. To my defense that old cb400 was so fucked up it didn't even have a working clutch light.

>IT KEEPS HAPPENING

I mean Neutral light

Pretty much
If no one cares what it looks like why are people here telling me it looks ugly? I like it and I've never had a noise complaint so I'm keeping it.

well damn. I was hoping /dbt/ would be able to find something disastrously wrong with one of them. I'll figure it out, and I'll report back with new baiku

I was looking at hondas Shadow line, specifically the aero 1100.
Thanks again man

>infinitesimally
you know that means small right?

Having owned both a shadow 1100 and an fjr1300, I'd never go back to a cruiser.

Indian Scouts are nice

how many feels per minute does you are bike help you escape?

like probably 1 or 2

If you ride fast enough in heavy traffic or curvy mountain roads of questionable grip, it actually replaces all of your fears with mortal terror

Daily reminder no one here rides except Harley/ktm person

No they arent you insecure attention whore
Fuck off outta here

the same type of person made "quantensprung" (quantum leap) in the german language popular for meaning something "really big"
I hate dumb people

Buy a bike you like

Don't spend too much, don't buy your first bike new.

If you like cruisers, try riding one. If you like riding one, try riding a standard. Buy whichever you prefer.

>be Copfag
>see posting for motorcycle patrol
>be the only one who rides a motorcycle on patrol who wants the job
>put in my letter
>last day applications are being taken
>another officer learns how to make a motorcycle move and passes the DMV test
>get called into office today
>be told I'm being sent to the school but the position isn't mine. I'm just a reserve rider.
>they gave the position to thr guy who learned how to ride a motorcycle a week ago because he has more seniority
But I guess it's cool I still get to go to the super cool police motorcycle class, even though I'll rarely ever get to ride it at work

Frame him for soliciting bribes, become motocop.

How is my bike doing /dbt/?

You can't post cruisers here.
Everyone here is meme fueled benchracing babbies
And public roads are tracks.
Big twins are sweet.
Pic is me on my softail slim s

It's not for everyone faggot

retard