Will this be a good first car? Why's it so cheap?

Will this be a good first car? Why's it so cheap?
ocala.craigslist.org/cto/d/1966-mustang-deal-today/6468893492.html

Other urls found in this thread:

ocala.craigslist.org/cto/d/1986-ford-pickup/6460725685.html
ocala.craigslist.org/cto/d/1966-mustang-deal-today/6468893492.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Good first car?
No
Cool as fuck first car?
Yes

Ill go ahead and quote a few name fags here

>I6? Only worth 3k at best.

It looks really good, just go make sure its not rusty. If its a 200i6, it should be decent. Wont be fast, youll mostly be in the right lane on the highway, and it will require more maintenance than your average shit box. But parts are plenty, dead simple to work on.

get it and 302 swap it

>inline 6
If your in high school I’d say take a pass everyone is gonna shit on you the second they hear it start up

>buying a car with "DEAL" in the listing title

But on a serious note, I almost bought a 1969 Mustang as my first vehicle too. They're easy enough to work on and have a big parts aftermarket. Just have your father or someone with a knowledge of antique vehicles to check it over for body rot, the shock towers like to rust out on these and are an expensive fix.

My thought is that you'll buy this and not be happy with it in about a year's time. You'll want a 4 speed manual and a V8 in a classic mustang. $7500 is a very fair price in good condition considering that it's a notchback with a lesser desirable drive-train.

I looked in your area, and this looks like a better classic to invest on:
ocala.craigslist.org/cto/d/1986-ford-pickup/6460725685.html

>implying normies can tell an engine's configuration by it's sound

>That
>Cheap

Lol that's an overpriced as fuck car. Horrible as a first car too.

How retarded do you think people are?

Almost as dumb as you

Looks alright. Seems to be a survivor. IF you buy it, you're either gonna really love it and cherish it to the point where you do good maintenance regularly, or it's going to fall apart in front of you. It will also probably be more fun than any of the normie cars if you're into vehicles of this era.

It's all pose, but man is it a lot of pose.

Get a 302 h.o. from any local junkyard, put a carb on it with a 5 speed tranny and have a balling ass car that can start as a beater and work it's way up into trophy. Unless something breaks along the way.

This. You can get a 302 for literally nothing right now, and it's not a super difficult swap.

Nigga... telling him to pass a classic for an 80s ranger...?

>ocala.craigslist.org/cto/d/1966-mustang-deal-today/6468893492.html
Heavy boomer tax there, but looks clean. I don't know just how slow Ford's I6 & 3-speed are, but let the Civics alone for now. Three-speeds are garbage, though, and will likely make you never want a standard again.

I could tell when I was a normie.

No. Get a 351.
>408 master race

>Harder swap
>More expensive
>High school student

kek

>harder swap

By literal weight? Yes. If he cant fit it all under the hood. Take the hood off until you can buy one that does fit.

Those stock shock towers on the 65-66 are actually really fucking narrow. Pretty much the same engine bay as a falcon. It can be done but without modifying the shock towers I don’t think it’s worth it. Just save for a 4.125 dart block imo

4.185 and 4.5 stroke.
Do. It. Daddy.

As a owner of a 68 with a 351, yes its harder its wider buy almost 2 inches and taller by an inch which dont sound like much till you try to bolt the exhaust on.

also 65-66 is narrower between the shock towers.

Turn the header around and have it exhaust out of the front of the car.

You still are, Hans.

To answer OP, no. 4k MAX. As for the 351w swap idea.. You will need swap specific exhaust headers which will require you to remove the steering shaft to swap in a 351w. You'll also have to beat the shock towers in and (assuming you go carbureted) will be limited to mid rise intake manifold and low profile breathers. It'll, fit. I did the swap in high school as a DD, but Dad knew his shit.

That car is too solid for 4k. Or looks to be anyway. 6 is probably right