VQ Thread

These are some great engines. But some are better than others. Do you have a VQ engine?

Vq37vhr here, beast of an engine and does surprisingly well with boost on stock internals. Mine is supercharged on 12lbs of boost and has been super reliable

Yeah I've got a 370z so VQ37, really want to do some work to it but I've just changed jobs to a an apprenticeship so making poverty money :(

I've recently gotten a 2003 G35 so I've got the VQ35de. Plans to supercharge eventually, but waiting on that for internship money. Currently dyno's at 256 WHP, which isn't bad considering I picked it up for 7k in great condition. Going to get wheels soon because the G has a disgusting stock look imo.

VQ30DE here. Pic related looks exactly what I have. Got one with super low miles too, needs front end work, control arms and bushings are shot to shit

Oh shit its VQ time, here's my Z. Just finished changing my clutch+flywheel in my garage. It was pain to do on jack stands but its done.

VQ35HR here, got a 2008 G35 Sedan, almost at 100000 miles boys

Is yours manual or auto? Recently I found one that was exactly what I wanted.
>2007 G35S
>Sedan
>Manual
>black interior
>80,000 miles
>No mods whatsoever
>Fucking rebuilt title

there's a surprising amount of owners on here
I've heard that engine is pretty damn good
What dyno?

YeAh Br00000 I hAVe A Vq3fIVeDE wITh 4O PoUNds oF B00sT AnD i HaVE N0 0ilINg IsSUes.s00pER reLIaBLe

Why are u so mad?

>thinking a renault engine is good

Show me on the doll where Nissan touched you.

Also my 350z HR which is a better car than the bus this fag rides.

lmfao ok

Nice, a Pajeet containment thread on Veeky Forums.

1990 2+2 300zx

Terrible little gremlins in my electronics....
Still trying to figure it out been posting in the qtddtot threads but its mostly just coming up to trial and error

I had a VQ37. Have a VR30 now. Miss the sound, don't miss the lack of torque.

Vq40 here. Notorious timing chain whine showed itself within 50k miles. Currently at 135k miles with no other issues other than a valve cover oil leak and a fouled plug wire. Pulls great compression still.

i thought that was /dbt/ and /osg/

has your transmission consumed itself yet?

Yes, just happened about 3k miles ago actually. Not cause of the pink milkshake of death though. Did a trans fluid change after noticing a bit of slipping, slipped even more after the change because of not having the clutch particulate in the fluid anymore. Figured that would happen anyways, trans fluid change was last ditch effort

>the feels

Goddamn. These vehicles aren't terrible, but they had a lot of potential and Nissan didn't do them justice. I really like the most recent Pro-4X model, but I'm just too skeptical about their track record...

I was looking at Xterras, 4Runners, Wranglers, and FJs, ended up with an FJ. I think Xterras will be collectible some day, they're really one of the last of a dying breed of proper SUVs.

>Riced Ralliart

Im supposed to be impressed?

don't be hatin

I want an fj so badly and I am very jealous

I’d trade the xterra any day for one, but they are unreasonably expensive where I am even with high miles... not enough to justify instead of just getting a decent 4runner instead

Altima se-r 6 speed here.
Nii-san confirmed for best v6 sound.
Need to get me a 350z nismo for weekends
>tfw comfy orange gauges

2006 coupe here.

>279whp on dyno full bolt ons, tune and 1000c injectors

Great car, in 4 years and 20k miles had no issues. Unfortunately trading it for a 2018 wrx because winter here sucks and I dont have space for my winter beater anymore.

VQ35DE. 200k and none of an were easy, had water in it 3 times, ran for months on 3 quarts of oil, thing is unstoppable. It's hauled engines, transmissions, axles, and trucks all over Florida. Bring the rock. Nissan.