I want to get Forza 7. should i wait for the imminent Forza 8 or buy Forza 7 now?

i want to get Forza 7. should i wait for the imminent Forza 8 or buy Forza 7 now?

Are you getting it to play online? with randoms? i don't necessarily see that ending well but i never played the online aspect.

Are you getting it for career mode? don't bother. Most cars are locked away under a "collector tier" that you have to reach by buying a certain amount of other cars that you may not even want or need which is just added annoyance but i guess you make enough money racing in game that it won't matter soon enough.

The biggest sight of Turn10 pulling their pants down and just taking a steamy shit on the whole game for me is how the cars are categorized. all cars have a "Category" only *that* car can race in so if you are like me and you played older Forzas and you loved racing odd cars in classes and against other cars they didn't belong with that's pretty much over. no racing muscle cars against exotics, no racing tuned up 3k civics against high-end sports cars, no racing tuned up super cars against race cars. That takes away a lot of the fun for me and kills what originally made the game great career-wise.

There's also a "Homolagation" system which limits what upgrades you can even put on your cars from tire width to tire compound to engine components to displacement which also just further limits how you can build your cars. total shame because the car count is amazing and i wanted to race Crown Vics against sports cars but that's impossible now. id pass myself and maybe wait for Horizon 4 which should come out this year (won't get another Forza Motorsport (forza 8) until 2019).

/end autism rant

Forza 7 just came a few months ago. Also if they continue their pattern Horizon 4 is next with Forza 8 in 2019.

Going off of that...

I REALLY hope that it's set in Japan.

What the fuck is up with that homologation rule?
Forza has always been bitter sweet with mods. What the fuck are they doing now? Covering up their sweetness with complete bitterness?

Fucking stupid. Really.
They should be embarassed.

Its like theyre making a game for the 60 year old racing guys who think quarter mile top fuel was too dangerous.

Forza 6 is better

Which Forza has a first gen Boxster?

Forza 2

That'd be shit by today's standards. Something within the last 5 years?

Forza 3 was the last Forza to have a first gen box.

Horizon 3 is better.

Isn't Horizon 4 next?

no
buy forza 6 or just buy any other racing game

yes. And to be honest, where else would it be?

Forza 7 is crap. I don't see the point since it is a sim racer but it is worse than for example Assetto Corsa which has unlimited mods for every car on earth.
Now Horizon 3 was amazing, but I didn't buy it since it has worse optimization than GTA 4. I'll wait for Horizon 4.

Also, forza 7 was the exact same as forza 6, like 10 new cars or something and less tracks even

>"I didn't buy it since it has worse optimization..."
So you got the leaked dev version? The game got some performance updates back in 2017.

Yeah Bought Forza 7 and its almost insulting how little new stuff there is.

They added Porsche which is nice.

But that was in the last game.

The graphics are worse than 6 on non 4k xboxs.

The good cars such as 1 series M is locked behind a random loot crate system. Only car I want to drive really bc I own a 135i and want to drive a similar car on the tracks.

Online is currently complete shit. You can do only about 6 of the classes of car and its essentially restricted to 50 cars online.

Single player is worse. There is no way to do hot laps and compare lap times. You can't get in an Indycar and do 10 laps the get in an F1 car and do 10 and compare. There is no system for it.

The physics and simulation seems to have no improvement either and breaks down on the higher end faster cars. The LMP1s are not even close to representative of the real thing. Corvette Z06 also doesn't seem to handle well compared to the real thing.

Overall I'm very disappointed. No improvement at all. Multiplayer is basicly dead because the lobby system is broken and bad. Single player is just as bad.

>The LMP1s are not even close to representative of the real thing.
I didn't think Forza would have that issue, I mainly recall people complaining about GT having a bunch of prototypes that had like 200+ Hp more than the real car.

It added a lot of wide body kit cars, but they are locked behind grinding and gambling, so yea not much.

I've always found Forza's main series to be be a bit too autistic for me. I inevitably reach that point in the game where I just don't have the appropriate car to continue and I'm like
>yeah... FUCK this shit

Horizon is more up my alley.

Even driving around aimlessly in GTA is more fun.

yeah, agree here. I just think horizon is more fun