>*eats a rod bearing*

5000 shekels

>*revs*
and then it seizes up

>>More than you can afford, pal
>>BMW
>throws a rod

fixed

BMW used to produce god-tier engines like the M10 and M30.

It all started going downhill with the M50. Everything after that has been increasingly unreliable and full of poor engineering decisions.

Or should I say it all started going down the shitter with the M40 which was a huge POS.

*Water pump goes*

more than can afford pal
citroen
>blows a head gasket

heh

Are you Hungarian?

>VW
>More than I can afford, pal
>Engine sludge

M50 are workhorses of the biggest caliber t. 790k on clock of E34 525 winter hooner. The first thing I did with that thing when I bought it off some kid for 700 bucks was a huge burnout to ruin the brand new chink tires it had.
Only thing to go bad on that car are one position sensor that causes a small hiccup ever hour or so and one coilpack plug stud thingy, that rubber part that connects the coilpack to the plug, kinda like a sparkplug wire end.

t. 1.8T 20V

M50 is one of the best european engines ever

I have to agree. I love the M30, but it just isn't as reliable as people make it out to be. Sure that thing will take a bomb and a burnout that puts aussies to shame, but they tend to destroy lifters and cams at an alarming pace.
They're also pigs, asthmatic pigs.

I also love the M70 and M73, but >overengineered V12 with 2 of everything

>>overengineered V12 with 2 of everything
I kinda love that, they literally just slapped 2 of their straight-6s together at a 60 degree angle.

>more than you can afford, pal
>BMW
>*turkish music intensifies*

I know. Mein gott that fucking sound. Every time I get home from work, I just have to take the scenic route so I can hear her scream on the straights. That sound sends shivers down my spine.

>he actually owns a V12 BMW
Glorious madman.

>more than you can afford, pal
>BR VAG
>*smell of ethanol everywhere*

That is the M73 from the E38

Very nice. I'm not much of a BMW guy myself but I can appreciate anyone keeping one of those beasts on the road, let alone two.

This
>tfw S52 E30 with safety-wired oil pump nut, metal water pump, and aluminum radiator
The M/S5x engines are fucking fantastic, but the cooling system they were initially paired with was cheap. Once you address that (in my case I was forced to) they're pretty hard to beat

as a bmw owner i can say this is accurate

>surprisingly affordable, pal
>lexus
>works perfectly fine

>own a 15 year old BMW
>only have had to replace control arm bushings and rebuild DISA valve
>i've probably spent less than $500 on maintenance including a new set of tires

yeah it has an oil leak but that's one of its QUIRKS AND FEATURES.

GOT EMMMM

>instantly cracks plastic radiator

>you will never buy a brand new BMW with twin carbs from the factory

*cruises past you after your engine throws a rod*

>in his granpa's LS

Is the 328xi worth it's weight

get the 135i instead

>they found out that the LFA unit that Williamsen and his crew were driving had already accumulated 25,000 miles (40,000km).
>And so the Ferrari guys asked Williamsen: "So, how many engines has this car used through all that mileage?"
More than you can afford pal, Ferrari

Do you use conventional in it or something?

>More than I can afford, pal
>RX8
*BRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA*