Hatchbacks

Burger from Texas here. Which Hatchbacks in America get Veeky Forums's approval?

Other urls found in this thread:

motor1.com/news/148765/vw-polo-us-ruled-out/
youtube.com/watch?v=hiyIE56rlYA
caranddriver.com/news/2021-volkswagen-golf-mark-8-heres-what-we-know-news
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Don't think theres a single one that Veeky Forums really approves.

Probably the FiST/FoST and the Golf are probably the most liked where the Veloster and the Sonic are the most controversial.

None, Ameritips don't get the concept of not shooting yourself in the foot because the neighbour might think of you funny and report you to the NSA because he thinks you are a commie if you don't buy bland grey unpractical nip sedan #41244 instead of opting for something that is 10 times as practical and the same cost.

I daily a Honda Fit and I like it, just don't expect too much unless you buy something with a little more performance, especially coming from Texas where it's mostly highway driving like the GTI, Civic si/Type R, or the Focus RS.

>Honda Fit
Where Fit Si @

In yurop

I'm actually in the market for a daily driver. I do like the GTI and I had no idea that Honda still makes the si (thought they discontinued it)

However, I may need something a bit cheaper...

>implying Veeky Forums has a consensus on anything
If you want a sub compact the Honda Fit is a good, albiet kinda boring choice. An alternative is the Ford Fiesta hatch and Toyota Yaris. Can't go wrong if you want a car that goes places
For larger hatches, there is the Civic Hatch, Mazda 3 hatch, Focus hatch, Golf
Sporty hatches, theres the Fiesta ST, Focus ST, Golf GTI, and Civic Sport Hatch (it basically has a slightly detuned Si engine without LSD)
If you want to shell out lots of money for a hot hatch, you got the Civic Type R, Golf R, Focus RS

For absolute poverty tier hatches, you got the Mitsubishi Mirage and Nissan Versa. Avoid both if you can

Hi there!

You seem to have made a bit of a mistake in your post. Luckily, the users of Veeky Forums are always willing to help you clear this problem right up! You appear to have used a tripcode when posting, but your identity has nothing at all to do with the conversation! Whoops! You should always remember to stop using your tripcode when the thread it was used for is gone, unless another one is started! Posting with a tripcode when it isn't necessary is poor form. You should always try to post anonymously, unless your identity is absolutely vital to the post that you're making!

Now, there's no need to thank me - I'm just doing my job to help you get used to the anonymous image-board culture!

RIP

Texas here. VW a shit. Spark a shit. Fiesta/Focus a shit.

I looked into getting a hatchback for a while and I pretty much concluded that the Fit was pretty much the gold standard if you want configurable space. Dont get the CVT.

mazda3 is pretty comfy desu

I remember when the spark terrorized hot hatch general. It's poetic how that general died when production stopped. Chebby posting is love

I heard from a friend that his Golf was great but his VW and others have electrical problems like no other. Probably aiming for the Focus or Civic Hatches. A Subaru with AWD wouldn't be bad either but the price lol

FoST

The one the Omni Hotel in Atlanta just valeted for me.

Fellow Texan burger, hatches and wagons are fucking based, it is only thanks to shitty cossovers and normies that we never get the good stuff. Either way im planning on getting a Golf R in the coming months

V40 T5R

Completely new gen coming next year.

Burgerland only gets 1 fit engine option and its the more powerful one. we already have the fit si

I was going to say the Polo, but it's a car too good to be sold in the US.
motor1.com/news/148765/vw-polo-us-ruled-out/

So basically what they're saying is it's too expensive and they wouldn't be able to compete on price.

If I had the money for my car payments & Insurance, I'd definitely get an R or a sporty/faster hatchback lol

Protégé5.

Good shit costs money

the polo is exactly what the gold used to be

Gti here. Great comfy daily and really easy and affordable to mod if your into that. Mine is making 263 hp 318 tq.
On the track it's a monster. Did Streets of Willow Springs last year and was lapping cars I would never think it would've kept up with. Of course there's the drivers to keep in mind of

3K civic.

New? There's not much unless you wanna pay $27k for a small hatchback. Suzuki's are nice because there's not much of a rice tax on them. Most of their engines are relatively boost friendly.

youtube.com/watch?v=hiyIE56rlYA

aint nothing 27k, they're all 17 to 20 because they realized nobody wants to pay that much for a small ass car with a 4cyl

What?

Aaron?

Golf GTI is the hot hatch for adults.
I don't mean that in a bad way for others, but the GTI is much more refined than its competition (in the US, where the hot hatch is a pretty small market).
You wouldn't be embarrassed to take your mother-in-law for a ride in your GTI.

FIST and FOST make more power, but the interiors are cheap and the seats are uncomfortable.

I think he means that conformism and social pressure is high in america, and hatchback are not deemed american enough

VW GTI.
Just picked up an 05 with the 1.8T
Only had it 4 days, currently still learning to drive stick.
That car is so much fun. Really nice, well built car too.
Scared myself when I got on the gas hard today, I didnt realize it had that much in it, especially after accidently filling it with 87.

Once again Americans think VW is a premium brand because it's a German car.

Mazdaspeed3 unless you're a FUCKING PUSSY

>Mazdaspeed3
but it's fugly :(

It's happy.

Look how happy it is.

Matrix
X R S
R
S

good for it, but that front bumper still looks like braces, and back end still ugly

I'm really glad it's happy tho

That looks more like a mini-wagon than a hatchback though

Does the gt86 count?

fuck no

Or maybe the Golf GTI is considered premium because it's the only one that doesn't look like a running shoe and actually has quality materials to the touch.

Except it's not. You're literally fooling yourself into believing the German engineering meme.

Stop it.

The guy didn't say anything about muh german engineering. The materials ARE nicer in a GTI compared to the FoST.

hyper hatches are best bought used, the golf r new for 40k is not that good of a deal. But lightly used maybe a model year or 2 old and less than 15K miles can be found for 30-35k still with warranty and that is a much better deal. That is my plan, after warranty does go out im going to get a better clutch and stage 2 tune it. 0-60 in 3.6 secs and about 400 hp/tqs

He's right about the running shoe part. The ford might make more power but I've beaten both of those cars in a GTI. I've been beaten by a FIST once when I wasn't looking and the light changed but I don't really count that.

You obviously don't know what the fit and finish of US domestic cars is like. Even a budget brand like VW is miles above Ford Chevy or Chrysler
I drove domestic for 30 years, and a VW is like an Audi RS comparatively

yeah FoST feels like youre just paying for a drivetrain with some shitty ass 5 year old interior tacked on

>tfw the only other station wagon I've ever seen in texas other than my own was a 2004 forester
Bought this baby in Alaska for 2k and spent less than 500$ total on all the repairs it needed

Got a gti last year, probably will own one until the day I die.
Planned on getting a Fost until I happened to test drive a gti and the interior sealed the deal.

Fellow Texan. I drive a base GTI. Fantastic car. There are several places around the state that do APR tunes/mods if that interest you.

Mercedes-Benz. If i ever had to buy a hatchback it 'd a A class with 2.2 diesel because it's Mercedes engine not some French shit and it's the same as in my E class, so i know it's good.

American market cars are built in mexico so I guess none.

>diesel
>not the AMG

Megane RS is king. FiST will also work among others

You live in Texas, you fucking cuck, get a truck or a landbarge. If you insist on eating granola while your boyfriend gives you road head, go back to California.

This, also Mazdaspeed 3

>yfw you realize the absolute magnitude of the legions of insecure, compensating tough guys who infest not only red states, but fantasize about red state lifestyle in blue states and yurop

It's all trucks, more trucks, CUVs, SUVs and muscle cars here. However, no one makes fun of someone who drive a car, unless it's a Prius.

t. also Texas user

Do you ever see Renaults up from Mexico like I do? I see Dusters every once in a while.

My murika senses are tingling

What's that gm concept hatchback that almost became reality about a year ago? Was good looking, they made one in an orange color...

Yep! Also saw a Duster in downtown Austin, wasn't from Mexico though. Had euro plates. Got to work on a Tsuru a while back too.

Do you mean this? Because you can go buy one right now.

I remember an user remarking he was surprised something so refined got past corporate. And I don't think it was the Cruze thingy in pic related, it was more squared with more of a hat brim front end, much less pigfat.

Except they're not.

"Muh German engineering" covers everything when the person believes that German cars are outright better when they're average unless you're spending upwards of 100k. The Golfs interior is average, because it's a cheap economy car.

Literally what

OP here

Nice Hatch, haven't seen a Renault in Burgerland ever.

No. They just don't make fun of you to your face. When I'm on the highway watching Honda Fits be bullied by 70k pickups, I laugh. When I see some faggot trying too hard to be Dominic Toretto in a FiST and get shut down by Ennis in his tuned Cummins, I laugh.

You don't have to drive a Prius to be a literal joke in this state. You just have to be slower and smaller than a minivan on highways dominated by 20 foot long rolling cocks roused up with V8s and skyjacked pickups churning out more black smoke than an Oak Cliff Crackhouse.

I live in DFW, not bumfuck nowhere West Texas or such.
If I was working in Midland/Odessa for O&G, I would definitely be looking at a truck but I have no need for a V8 since my round trip to work is only 15 miles tops and most of that is taking the streets.

>Beaten a Fiesta ST in a straight line
The focus I understand beating as an achievement but I don't think beating the sub compact is much of one

GTI MK7's are on clearance now, the 2017 models are. They are the same as the 2018s but the 2018' has a slight facelift and a few other very small things.

2017 S can be had under 20k easily and an SE for under 25k (which is really loaded in comparison to the S)

Some guy got an autobahn for like 26K I think.

The "S" model is a fine one to start on especially if you want to mod the car later. But if you dont plan on doing major mods (brakes, LSD, etc..) then just get the SE as it comes standard with the performance package (Golf R brakes, VAQ LSD, +10 HP)

the 2018 S comes standard with the +10 HP now btw.

>faggot trying too hard to be Dominic Toretto in a FiST and get shut down by Ennis in his tuned Cummins, I laugh

Fellow Texan reporting.

This is indeed funny as fuck.

Definitely a very fun car, needed to get something more practical after driving coupes all my life. But I also wanted something that wasn't boring to drive.

Will probably be my next car too.

I didn't think it was an achievement, I'm just putting it out there when people say "don't get a GTI, get a FIST." I'm just not sure why they would say that.

2017s are below $20k, and VW has a 0% interest for 5 years on them.
Unfortunately, I can't find a 2017 Sport anywhere within 200 miles of here.

I wonder if a dealership would special order one for me and still give me a good deal on it, or if the 2017s are dirt cheap because dealers are just trying to move inventory.

>Will probably be my next car too.
There's speculation that the MK8 (2021) is going to be hybrid. I would hold on to your MK7.

caranddriver.com/news/2021-volkswagen-golf-mark-8-heres-what-we-know-news

They're trying to move inventory to make room for more 2018 models. The Mk 8s are coming next year after all, Yeah I didn't wait because if I did I'd be in your shoes and unable to pick mine by color and MT. I so wanted a MT, I hate AT transmissions.

Not op but see weird mexican vws and fiats around houston some time. Saw a f150 lobo with nuevo leon plates the other day

DFW here I agree, not incredibly sporty but I love mine. Comfy, good interior, fun to toss around corners, and good for 37 mpg mixed driving.

is that you, XRS friend? It's me, the yellow XRS user.

I'm not sure we've met, or if we have I don't remember. But yes it's an XRS

No worries, I just remember you from another thread a while back. How's your matrix treating you?

Honestly a lil jelly of the focus

Other than being terrible to drive in the winter because the heater doesn't work so well and everything is super stiff until it warm up, just fine. Approaching 200k miles, hopefully I'll be able to make it last another 100k at least.

Biting the bullet on a mountune 2013 fist with 23k miles, what's the reliability on these things, britbong asking

are all XRS (corolla and matrix) awd? or is awd a separate package you can get with it?

As yuropoor, i appreciate low end torque and low fuel consumption. 170hp in a220cdi seems just enough for me. Too bad that u can't get manual gearbox in this trim.

I i believe you can get AWD in the Matrix in the xr trim level but not the xrs. From what I've heard the AWD cars are slower and get worse mileage,plus it's still heavily front biased

what a retard haha

>A class
>not some French shit

user, ...

AMG A class is probably best for performance. But when it comes to performance per dollar the Megane RS is a lot better, probably also a lot more fun to drive.

what about the focus st or rs

fiesta

my C30 T5