Previous Version of FAQ: pastebin.com/itDyHa8p
Read the FAQ before you ask questions.
Suggested Changes: piratepad.net/YwogqyaUro

>Useful Links (More in pastebin)
Wiki: alicesoft.wikia.com/wiki/AliceSoftWiki:Main_Page
Alicesoft Image Booru: haniho.booru.org/
Rance Game Translation Chart:
haniho.booru.org/index.php?page=post&s=view&id=2536
Rance World Notes (Translated): mega.nz/#!nRESUJYZ!ZqoypfshkozVBFpeFGI3Oi5xBtU22SjnrnfjIo2SUGY

Check pastebin for FAQs, downloads and General Hints

>Recently Released
Beat Valkyrie Ixseal - sukebei.nyaa.si/view/2332124

DARKNESSHERO Rance Mod - Beta FFA mod released (check pastebin)

Rance 5D and Rance VI (English and Decensored) - Released
Orders open at $34.95 for bundle
mangagamer.com/detail.php?goods_type=1&product_code=1004
Check pastebin for download links or for hints
Hardcopies Available

>What is the status of Rance Quest?
Depends on when Mangagamer announce it. The great sales of Rance VI mean that it will happen at some point and probably sooner rather than later. As far as we know it is at least 70% translated.

>Upcoming Games

Evenicle (English) - Announced at Anime Expo. Likely a winter release.
Rance X - Announced. Delayed to 2017
- imgur.com/a/OaNFL for released information
RPG - by the Evenicle team (New IP)
Donna Donna - by the Rance 03 Team (New IP)
Loli MILF Nukige - by the MILF nukige team
'Heartwarming' VN - by the Atlach Nacha writer

Haniwa Development Studio: blog.alicesoft.com/archives/4771534.html
blog.alicesoft.com/archives/4796071.html
blog.alicesoft.com/archives/4819896.html

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.com/fbbb14ph
strawpoll.com/cd4rf8gg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>implying we're not going to riot until they appease us

Loli Shizuka sex CGs in X or some potteries in Osaka are going to be broken

Can't forget Reset H-scenes

Make enough complaints and at least Quest after Sengoku is likely.

Buy Sengoku

>Alicesoft adding material to a Western release

Now that's too much, stop.

Reset H-scenes and we riot.

>giving people an identical product to what they already have and expecting them to buy it.

Ok hannies, please vote only if you were there at the time.

Ask /haniho/: did you Buy Haruka?
strawpoll.com/fbbb14ph

Strawpolls are clearly reliable.

>Buy Haruka
>he actually did

>No pirate option

nope

That's the No.

That's clearly a No then

it says Buy Haruka user

>no considered buying haruka, pirated it instead, played it 30 minutes, lost once on purpose to see what happens, lost interest, uninstalled it, glad didn't spend money on it option
nope

That's the No.
Damn you people are dumb.

Did you buy Rance 5D+ VI?
strawpoll.com/cd4rf8gg

In terms of Rance equivalences, would that make

Maria as Rathowm?
Aru as Feliss?
GuyZoo as Love Me Tender?

Maria as Keikoku
Aru as Pluepet
Guyzoo as Hassam Crown

>arunaru as Kensei
>TGM as Minerva
>guyzoo as Bird

Fuck Bird

me on the right

How long is IX compared to Quest out of curiosity?

>Maria as rathowm
Maria as Keikoku
Arunaru as Hakkin Dasan
Guyzoo as byrd

Shorter to play but feels like it has less text.

IX is shorter than Quest but I feel like more is happening in IX. Quest has a lot of filler bullshit. IX is mostly just all plot all the time, with a concise goal and a clear beginning and end. Quest strays around a lot to sidequest BS and Rance's original purpose veers off course a few times.

It's all because Quest is meant to be a character-based game, where a lot of the subplots are just self-contained stories about certain characters, and the main plot often takes a backseat role. Whereas IX is almost totally centered around the main plotline. Only the squid doctor shit felt like a bit of a deviation.

so, basically people just shill for quest because they want more sengoku?

How did you draw that conclusion?

The Ikadevil was great. I liked the mayor.

???

>Maria not being the Devil King that led a rebellion against Ludo (fan translations)

They shill for Quest because it's the sequel to Sengoku, which is the most-played and most popular game. Ever since it was even announced people have been anticipating a translation. The goddamn benchmark program for it got a translation.

imo, Quest isn't even as good as Rance IX. But I'd rather have a translation of Quest because that means it goes in chronological order.

Ludo was Gi

Its hard to say. IX is well written but its gameplay is shit.

Magnum is really fun/

Quest grinding is also significantly more tedious due to how many characters you need to be using + level caps and difficulty levels

honestly the gameplay for quest is not my style

and i'm big on plots vs characters. not a waifu kind of guy, i'm just here for the fun adventure and rape.

i'd read a comic and go straight to IX because i like the tactics style.

they really need to speed up the animations though.

I like SRPGs better than Dragon Quest-style RPGs. So I preferred IX's gameplay (even if it felt easier at times)

The grind isn't as bad in Magnum. Did you ever play the original release without the ability to Wait? Shit's fucked up.

As for the number of characters, you don't really have to use them all, if that's what you're implying. I found myself just not touching certain characters because I had no need for so many. I think Alicesoft tried to give each one SOME unique trait that sets them apart, so they all have a niche, but some characters just aren't worth using compared to others, especially later in the game.

You can speed up animations either in the options or just by holding CTRL or something, can't remember. You can also set it so they're skipped completely, I think. I don't remember slow animations being a problem for me.

You can speed them up.

IX is a visual novel with occasional gameplay. Quest was an actual game with occasional VN segments.

Wait, wait, wait...You couldn't wait without Magnum? The fuck? Jesus christ I would've thrown my computer out of the window.

Do you think games like Super Robot Taisen are VNs too?

what do you guys think of cheating?

i hardly ever play games without cheating anymore, unless i'm doing some sort of challenge run.

i know i'm not the only one who skipped the orb grinding in VI.

Rance IX is majority reading.

it's not going to be daiakuji is it hannies

Yup, that's right. If a character came up that you didn't want to use, you had to waste an action. Eventually you'd waste enough actions to have to swap them. No way to fix this except to spam more action points per skill (which means more grinding).

Also, you used to only be able to level up once per battle. So even if you brought a severely underleveled party member with you to a high level fight, they'd only gain one level per battle no matter the exp. Even more grinding fun.

Also, morurun resets a girl's level to 1 EVERY time, not just the first time. Even if they're level 700 or some crazy shit. You have to grind ALL the way back up.

I'm not particularly against abusing glitches that end up in the game for whatever reason, but I completely abhorre cheating. No matter how frustrating the game is, I'm against using any sort of extra program to modify the game. The only way I'd ever do that is if I for some reason became a hacker and wanted to test things.

I grinded.

Sure didn't feel like it when I was doing all those endless free missions.

Holy fuck, thank god for magnum.

no. And after this is will be Escalayer.

Rance Quest 2019

I caved in when I was at the final battle of 5D and I was just a bit too under leveled.

Rance Quest 2020 guys!
:^)

I abuse save states whenever I have them.

>daiakuji never

When I don't like the gameplay (01, 02, 03, VI) I cheat, when I enjoy it (sengoku, quest, evenicle) I don't. Simple as that.

I don't like cheating it, at most I'll abuse the game's logic against it? I didn't find Orb-grinding that hard honestly.

Then again, people complain about encounter rates in TT1 and TT2 and I found it perfectly fine.

I managed to capture a Deathko at some point in 5D, so battles were entirely trivial for the entire last third of the game.

I don't remember people complaining about encounter rates in TT2. But yeah, they did all the time about TT1 and I also had no problem with it.

>they'd only gain one level per battle no matter the exp

Total bullshit right here.

You only get one level for killing a happy kankan despite getting tons of exp.

Killing a normal monster is different though since a low level character will stack up levels.

Sauce: moruruned a character then leveled her up from 1 straight to 11

Which version are you talking about? I'm speaking of version 1.0, the initial release.

Orb grinding was easy.

Why even bother when there's v2.082

Because I was initially talking about how the grind is better now after the updates and how it used to be worse.

*Whoosh*

But it wasn't fun.

Definitely

have you guys ever looked at post count and its really 70 but looks like 700 to you and you think oh man the thread is over soon?

Pi-R as Rocky, wants to do good work
SLC as Kaloria, the most useful member of the team
Vodka as Athena, idiot with weird skill-set

That's way underselling Vodka. Maybe Ludo.

Anyone got a IX save where Leila shows up at camp?

nope

I save scummed in SR a lot. That's basically cheating.

If it's to speed up the game I don't mind it

How long until our dreams get crushed?

Roughly 16 hours from now?

Always get a tingle in my spine while watching Rance 9 OP

Too bad you EOPs can't read for shit.
You can blame MangaShitter for that.

Go back to your /jp/ thread.

he is from /vn/

I thought /vn/ was purely full of those that can't read Japanese though.

its about pseudo JOPs shitposting

>I meant Cynthia and Alicia. I forgot about Becky. She's probably younger than 14.

Becky was 15. She is from GI1002, while the two sisters is from GI1003

>Pi-R as Rocky
As in he's secretly the evil mastermind and also actually a cute girl? Half-Confirmed.

>whole lot of MGer employees come in to run damage control

At least the wait command and most other gameplay additions from Magnum were also available to Quest for free with the 1.50 patch for those that didn't want to buy Magnum . But yeah, original Quest has things like wait, the curse always making the character go back to level 1 and without the reduce to level up again after level 35, not XP at all for characters outside the active party and so on.

Or Fire Emblem too. I don't really understand that argument, did those people never played an tactical RPG that have lots of text and a set amount of missions as you advance the story with no maps to just farm? And then IX actually has maps to farm, and one reason they made the number of commands small is because that type of game tend to have slow battles so farming is tiring / takes too long.

To everyone their own? I tend to avoid it, but may do so if there is a game I really dislike the system but am very interested in the story. But then for a case like that I would probably go with an easy mode or use an walkthrought. I used the later on some older Rance games, for example.

What you need from there?

Cheating in Daibanchou is so damn fun

>keep getting "not implemented" error when trying to patch the sengoku rance .iso
>give up and just download the Fuwanovel version
>get this
Why

Because ⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛

But seriously if you switch to japanese locale and run the translation patch while the sengoku rance ISO is mounted you shouldn't run into any problems, if you do tell me which step is going wrong because I like to play tech support because I like helping people.

Wait for official release.

>get fuwanovel version
>expects it to work

Had a kek with this one. Good joke user

Already in Jap locale and I've tried multiple different iso's aside from the one on sukebei. Each time I get the same "not implemented" error after pressing install in the eng-patch window.

What's your operating system? windows 10 or 7 or whatever?

windows 7