How to get over an accident? (Mentally)

I was in an accident on the highway last Sunday. To sum it up, someone had road rage with me and purposefully cut me off and jammed on his brakes really fucking hard. Obviously, this caused me to rear end him. I could go on for a lengthy amount of time about how our interaction went down, how immediately I was suspicious that he was a criminal and how aggressive and angry he was which resulted in me calling the police, but the ultimate point of it is that we exchanged information and went on our separate ways.

Now I have family in Law enforcement and immediately called them because this wasn't an "accident" it was quite literally a road rage attack on me. My family member looked him up and sure enough my character judging skills aren't half bad. He IS a criminal, he's had road rage before, he's kidnapped and tortured people, he's been to jail.

Link(s) to his doings
princegeorgecitizen.com/news/local-news/drug-enforcer-ordered-to-live-in-halfway-house-1.1940886
>Sentenced in April 2010 to 7 years and 11 months in prison after he and two accomplices took a man hostage over a $2,500 drug debt two years previously. The victim was taken to a 2200-block Victoria Street home where where he was kicked, punched, burned with a hot crack pipe, stripped and bound with packing tape, urinated on and then doused with laundry detergent that burned his eyes when allowed to take a shower.

Other urls found in this thread:

princegeorgecitizen.com/news/local-news/parole-revoked-for-jailed-drug-enforcer-1.3149613
princegeorgecitizen.com/news/local-news/former-pg-drug-enforcer-violates-parole-1.2290933
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>On the second day, Marozoff, who was assigned to keep an eye on the victim, launched his own round of beatings that included sexually assaulting him, carving initials in his back with a utility blade and hitting him with a golf club.
>According to the parole board report, Marozoff had been "predominantly a problem" while in prison and, up to 2012, was segregrated on many occasions. He improved his behaviour and, in April 2013, was reclassified to minimum security.
>But in September 2014 he threatened staff and was subsequently sent back to maximum security where he has remained without incident.

So now I get to my point. I called ICBC, made a claim, and it none of this matters. It doesn't matter that he cut me off and jammed his breaks on, had road rage. There were no witnesses, just him and me. I didn't have my dashcam (will never make that mistake again) and my insurance will now go up. I'm not even pissed about the money, because that (fortunately) isn't an issue for me, but that fact that you can purposefully cut someone off, jam your breaks on, and then claim you were rear ended and ultimately WIN, despite being a criminal with a length criminal record is sickening to me. Anyone else been fucked over by ICBC?

other links (if anyone gives a shit)

princegeorgecitizen.com/news/local-news/parole-revoked-for-jailed-drug-enforcer-1.3149613

princegeorgecitizen.com/news/local-news/former-pg-drug-enforcer-violates-parole-1.2290933

Seriously. How the fuck can this happen? Can I fight this? This is such a great injustice and this criminal is getting away with it while hitting my insurance. If it means anything, my right side bumper was damaged, and his left side was damaged, even further indicating that it was an improper lane change, but still, ICBC doesn't give a shit. Is there anything a guy can do?

>you got attacked
You get over it. I suffer from being really guarded after years of death threats, murder attempts (drive bys on my house) etc. after working with taking underaged prostitutes off the streets for so long.

Your best bet is to conceal carry, let your (or his) insurance cover damages, perhaps claim a medical payment, and move on. You get another ride, carry with confidence, and enjoy the fact that he isn't going to hurt you and even if he tries, you're prepared.

I also started lifting weights and started taking jiu jitsu, and I've kept up with them (though jiu jitsu was a little on/off) for 5 years now.

Lol. You can go and do your 5 years of Jiu Jitsu on a drug enforcer criminal and see how that works out for you my friend. Now I believe that you could choke him out and whoop his ass in your gym, but if you bothered to read any of the links I posted, you would see this guy is a real piece of shit and most likely would have pulled out a knife or weapon.

And fyi, I'm most upset about the fact that he's had road rage before, but this doens't mean anything in my case against ICBC. ICBC fucked me, that's why I'm so bummed

>His parole was suspended in July when, according to a police report, he attacked a driver who had cut him off. The other driver chose not to press charges and police released Marozoff.

shit happens. Get over it. Invest in a sidearm and a dashcam.

simply kys tbq឴h f឴am

Did you miss the part where he carries a gun or what

And Americans claim to live in a first world country.
El Oh El.

I feel your pain dude, I just caught a rock chip last week and I'm still not quite over it. If I repaint the whole panel it will stick out, if I don't it bugs me. Fuck.

Why don't you carry a firearm in the car? Or on your body? Why be so paranoid that you own a dashcam but not paranoid enough to carry a gun?

Go big or go home.

>and enjoy getting kidnapped, burned with a crack pipe and molested by your antagonist.

did you miss the bit where he basically told u to carry a fucking gun?

Jesus fuck me. They let out someone who tortured a man for pleasure after less than 8 years despite violent behavior and threats to correction staff. Fuck our legal system is a joke. Yeah the victim was a drug addict obviously but for $2500?

All you can do is tell me where this accident was and what car he has so I can avoid the crackhead.

Someone having a weapon doesn't make jiu jitsu worthless. If there's a tussle and it ends up on the ground, you would more often than not have a big advantage. I'm not saying you wouldn't get stabbed, but having grappling experience just gives you that much more confidence in physical confrontations.

Stop getting involved in road rage bullshit you fucking faggot

If someone does that shit you let them win and stay the fuck away.

You got cucked

And that gymnastics doctor just got life for touching girl's pussies. Funny how many violent offenders receive shorter time.

Yeah, but really tho? I'm in Canada btw, not sure what the gun laws are here. I am able to just carry a pistol with me and then pull it out when I'm feeling threatened? Do you see my point tho? I was mainly wondering if anyone here had some advice on what I could do. Could I take this to court and sue? Or is the evidence that "I rear ended him" just too stacked against me?

I used to hate riding in the car with my friend because he was one of those guys who would flip out and brake-check people. I was in the car with him on multiple occasions where he pissed off another driver, causing them to follow us for miles.

I wouldn't worry about winning in court, I'd worry about him and a few buddies breaking your legs to convince you to drop the suit unless you have irrefutable evidence he uttered a death threat or physically assaulted you that will get sentenced as a repeat violent offender and a danger to society. Even so he probably has a few friends who make house calls.

Also what ethnicity is he?

You don't know the entire story that led up this tho. And it's insanely ridiculous and there wasn't really anything I could have done to avoid this

>driving in left lane (fast lane)
>come up behind the criminals little car
>he's driving a set speed in the fast lane and not moving over
>I got a little too close to him and he literally jammed his breaks on (this isn't what caused the accident) so I jammed mine on, my tires screeched, and I backed way the hell off
>now he just continues driving slowly in the fast lane
>when there is a safe opening, I go into the right lane to pass him, and as I'm passing him he's waving his fists at me, finger, and shouting
>so I get in front of him, he starts the tail gate the ever living fuck out of me.
>I literally thought he was trying to ram my vehicle from the back he was so close. Like if I had as much as tapped my breaks it would have been a rear-end
>and then in a span of 3-5 seconds, he makes an illegal "lane" change onto a highway on-ramp (as if it's a passing lane) drives around the right lane and then cuts me off and immediately jams his breaks on

We can play hindsight here all day. I was doing it as well when it happened "fuck, I shouldn't have passed him in the right lane" but then I'm thinking to myself "really?" I am the one feeling guilty for passing someone in the right lane? Jesus. idk. Make of this what you will. lol

GET THE FUCK OVER IT

white trash (and I'm white, not being racist) but like, the literal definition of what a "white trash" criminal looks like, if you can picture it.

they wouldn't understand what 1st world is. the most you'd see in western europe is some russian chimping out because you're not waiting for him to parallel his rented benz ml

No. You can't just brandish a firearm because there's a scary man walking up to you...

The idea is that it's there if you need to use it.

I will. But I'd be lying to myself if I said typing it all out on here doesn't help. And believe it or not, comments like yours help too, because it reminds me that this isn't a big deal in the over scheme of things. Lol. But I'm still pissed off about the injustice here. That's the real issue I have

>I got a little too close to him and he literally jammed his breaks on (this isn't what caused the accident) so I jammed mine on, my tires screeched, and I backed way the hell off

Continue backing the hell off forever and the problem goes away

You had your chance but you don't learn

Yeah. idk man. That's pretty fucked imo. I don't ever plan in getting in firefights with other people when I'm driving my car. Understandably so that a gun could save your life one day if you always have one with you. But if I had a gun on me when this happened the results would have been the exact same, so I'm not entirely sure what relevance a gun would bring me in a situation like this.

>the criminal who has had road rage before is right!!

hehe

you ever wonder why driving is so expensive in europe? to keep trash like that from chimping out in a 2 ton projectile

@18572281
I know you're baiting for (you)s so I won't give you one. I just wanted to say you should probably kys for being such a cringe edge lord

If paying more money to drive meant less criminals have access to the road, then I'm all for paying more

>I don't ever plan in getting in firefights with other people when I'm driving my car.

What, like point it out your window on the highway? I don't plan on that either.

There is no right and wrong

Road rage is for crazy fucks and it's better if you just ignore people that act like that and let them be crazy to other people.

And the guy recommending escalating it to a fucking firefight isn't the edge lord?

>driving school which lasts half a year
>4 months classes
>2 months driving
>2,000 usd
>displacement tax
>emissions tax
>insurance classes (vw lupo cheap, vw gti spensive)
>5 dollar gallon gasolina
>yearly inspections

>having a gun in case you need it
>telling OP to shoot the other driver

I think there's a difference.

(I'm OP)

>And the guy recommending escalating it to a fucking firefight isn't the edge lord?

My friend, this is just wheel spinning now. I could go back and find the original quote from the guy who brought up "you should carry a gun" and then reply to your comment and then wait for you to rebut it but honestly, here is what I'm wanting to focus on right now. I'm still curious if there is anything I can do at all in court over this or will it literally just boil down to him saying I rear-ended him and me not having a witness or proof to deny it. ICBC did fuck all on the phone. I'm a bit perplexed that the system is so flawed that you can, essentially, do mini "terrorist" attacks on the highway, like cutting someone off and jamming your breaks on, and then all you have to do is deny it and you ultimately win. I'm not sure if you're from Europe or North America, Im not even sure if you know what ICBC t.bh

>backpedaling as you can because your opinion is retarded

The long and short of it is that people like you that think they should "settle it in court" literally clog the entire justice system with absolute garbage.

It's not terrorism, you're just mad that you got cucked and no proof.

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

If you are afraid of wolves, stay out of the forest.

What exactly is retarded about carrying a gun? I never told OP to reenact John Wick.

Hi Steven Marozoff. Hows it going?

@18572360
You sound like a very sad and lonely person with a lot of emptiness.

Hey, Steve is in this thread? Hey dude. Damn, you're literally gay. You shoved a tooth brushed up another dudes ass and got convicted for it? Lmao.

If you're getting into enough conflicts that are dangerous enough that you'll need a gun, you have an issue with the way you solve problems.
Does your grandma carry a firearm?
Are you going to be the big hero that saves the day from a spree shooter?

You are inviting danger into a situation that doesn't ask for it.

It's easier to back off and give the person space. Much easier

ok

Do you have a fire extinguisher in your home? If you've never used it, then you should probably just get rid of it.

@18572410
>he replies
lmfao. Love knowing when I struck a chord with people

And you know it also takes him more time to reply that way. LOL

Get a dash cam. Sorry about your wreck, there are bad guys out there. Hope you get back on the road. Pros and cons of driving vs taking the bus

@18572423
>he's still replying
>he's not even getting (you)s
>he's just giving them out

If we want to use that analogy, I would say that if your stove starts acting up that you should probably fix the stove rather than trying to put it out with a fire extinguisher if it gets out of hand.

Sure having a fire extinguisher (gun) could help if the absolute worst case scenario happens, but if you are planning for worst case then maybe your activity is stupid and you should rethink it.

Having a gun is risky because it escalates the situation unnecessarily.

Replying doesn't mean anything. "You could go hurr durr im retarded" and I'd probably reply. If you want to be really tough, post your phone number

>If you want to be really tough, post your phone number
>doesn't post his phone number

Jesus Christ it's like you're not even trying anymore.

Get at me

>Having a gun is risky because it escalates the situation unnecessarily

How does it escalate the situation if I have a concealed firearm? Just don't brandish it like an idiot.

Dawg pls you won't want your phone number or email on Veeky Forums

You don't need a gun.

Australia does ok

So as I expected, you just don't care for gun ownership. That's what this is about. Shocking!

I own guns. I don't bring them in public

So that's your personal choice. Why act like I'm an asshole for carrying? Do your thing, and I'll do mine.

Prince george was the murder capital of north america for a long time for a reason. Either way, have a dash cam.

Pffffff okay bud.
>Join kangaroo police
>All day write people up impound cars confiscate guns generally be a faggot
>Have a serious mental complex like I'm God or something
>I'm not a dick it's laws and I will report everyone for anything arresting and fining you for the slightest modifications to your car
>Die really sad
>Nobody shows up to funeral
F

>not having a dash cam
>not having a dash cam
Hindsight is 20/20
Also, you should get a faster and more intimidating car cuz you sound like a massive faggot.
also
>HOw To GeT oveR AN ACcIDeNt? (MentaLly)
Grow a fucking pair. Stop being a low test soyboy. Guy saw a weak pussy in the car and took advantage of it. He saw you and saw someone he could fuck with easily. Now you're home with your feelings hurt asking an anonymous image board on how to stop being a little bitch.

I'm gonna see if i can find this "criminal" on fb and msg him about how some kid who couldn't brake on time is talking shit about him on the internet

Yeah dude road rage just isn't worth it. Just breath and take solace in the fact you will never see that person again in your life, don't escalate things otherwise this happens. There's some crazy people out there, don't do anything to get involved with them

>All that anger and passion you poured into your rebuttal
and all it takes for me to derail the entire thing is to inform you that my vehicle is a ram 3500 with over 500 horse power. I bet you genuinely thought "ha, I got him" when you typed that all out and hit "post", didn't you?

hey remember when a buncha dudes just decapitated one of your soldiers outside of a military base then paraded his head around for 45 minutes before the big boy police showed up?

I searched his name and couldn't find shit. It's highly unlikely for criminals to have social media anyways. Never the less, let us know if you find anything on him.

Fucking chimps.

Tbh your missing the forest for the trees here user
Yes he’s a horrible person but in the courts eyes they have to treat each case by evidence of the crime being examined not by ones that have already happened

Think of it if the situation was turned around
>be yourself
>had road rage issues a while back
>since then youve changed your ways
>guys riding your bumper
>suddenly random dog jumps out onto road
>you brake hard
>he rear ends you
Later after the altercation
>go to court
>”but your honor! He’s a bad man! He had road rage before he did it on purpose! Proof? I don’t need proof he’s done it before so he will do it again!”
>you go to prison for aggravated assault
Hopefully you can see why this isn’t a fair trial

TL:DR the courts didn’t screw you over you not having any evidence did

>ICBC
I wish this gay institution would be painfully incinerated with the force of a thousand suns.
t. also a BCfag

Sooo... You character is pretty shit and so is your family members considering they just looked up a person on a database meant for Police business only and made it personal. You can't just"look people up".

This is the best comment in this thread. Thank you.

>criminal has road rage on road
>makes a psycho move which causes an accident
>has a history of this
>op, not being an oblivious buffoon, realizes a said convict when he sees one and doesn't try to be a hero
>has family in flaw inforcement
>tells them the story of what happened
>being cops (assumably) they freak out and immediately want to know if this guy has a history
>turns out he does and it's length
>op and his family are the shit ones

my father is a sergeant, and his father (my grand dad) was the chief , and his father (my great grand dad) before him was a detective. So I know exactly how op feels to come from a line of law enforcers.

>tfw kids who didn't have cops for parents usually turned out to be the shitty druggies that got mediocre grades because they didn't have parents that red pilled them at a young at how fucked up the world is and didn't try to sugar coat everything

You will never know this feel partner.

If you just chilled and didn't perform an illegal overtake everything would have been fine.

>cop families do well in school
Hoohooheeheehahahahaha

since when is passing someone by going in the right lane an illegal overtake? do you not have signs all down your highway saying "move into the right lane for faster traffic"

so what happens when someone decides they're not going to move over for faster traffic? you are beyond stupid.

>"You can only overtake to the left of a vehicle if it is safe to do so and: you are driving on a multi-lane road and the vehicle can be overtaken in a marked lane to the left of the vehicle. the vehicle is turning right or making a U-turn from the centre of the road and is indicating right.Sep 28, 2017"

Anyone other dumb cunts want to try and be cheeky? Because so far everyone has failed.

Finally someone has some sense. It would be unfair legally to assume guilt with no proof.

Shrug it off like everyone in the rest of the world does, stop being a soy-infested wuss, man up, and get the fuck over it.

> But mwaa mwaa muh ptsd
The people I know with PTSD were either victims of parental abuse for years, or were fucking shelled at random intervals for months.
You? You crashed your car. You weren't even hurt. You didn't even BLEED.

>Go big or go home.
Yeah. If you're not carrying enough firepower to kill someone and their entire family, you're UN-AMERICAN.
You need a gun. A big gun. And lots of ammo, because once you kill someone for their insult, you NEED to go kill their family too. And their pets.

stop being a wuss

How would have a gun helped him in this situation? What he needs is a dashcam.

>he's driving a set speed in the fast lane and not moving over
What was his speed?
>>so I get in front of him, he starts the tail gate the ever living fuck out of me.
So did he catch up to you or something?
>I literally thought he was trying to ram my vehicle from the back he was so close. Like if I had as much as tapped my breaks it would have been a rear-end
Why didn't you speed up or lane change?
>and then in a span of 3-5 seconds, he makes an illegal "lane" change onto a highway on-ramp (as if it's a passing lane) drives around the right lane and then cuts me off and immediately jams his breaks on

>If it means anything, my right side bumper was damaged, and his left side was damaged, even further indicating that it was an improper lane change, but still, ICBC doesn't give a shit. Is there anything a guy can do?
I dont get it, were you guys doing 30 mph or something? At 50-60 mph there should be a ton of damage to both cars from rear end collision due to sudden brake check.

Why do black guys think that a 10-on-1 fight makes them tough? I never understood that mindset.

I'd also bet that most of those thugs don't have fathers.

Jesus lordy that's a long ass time. If it was Straya it would have been 4 years maximum

Go watch some road rage videos on youtube, what OP describes happens to a lot of people.

>Why do black guys think that a 10-on-1 fight makes them tough?

Because raw hunting instinct takes over in aggression situations? Many other living creatures cooperate together when performing an assault.

Dont be a victim.

Time heals all wounds

>What was his speed?
100-110km

>So did he catch up to you or something?
As soon as I had passed him and got in front of him he waited about 30 seconds or a minute or so, and then he immediately sped up and started tail gating me and a vehicle beside me

>Why didn't you speed up or lane change?
First off, I have a vehicle beside me, so lane changing is out of the question. Second, It's easy to say "why didn't you do this?" in Hindsight. My gut instinct was to not do anything stupid and keep driving the vehicle the exact same as I was, no funny business at all.

>I dont get it, were you guys doing 30 mph or something? At 50-60 mph there should be a ton of damage to both cars from rear end collision due to sudden brake check.
I was going about 110km when he had cut me off and jammed his breaks on. Slowing down to about 60km when it happened. Obviously, I jammed my breaks on to try and avoid it but he me off way too badly for there to be any safe space between us. idk what else to tell ya, damage wasn't all that bad. Yea we were going pretty fast. I was quite surprised to see how little damage there was.

Yeah, I know. What bothers me is a criminal is getting away with being a criminal. I fucked myself by not having a dashcam. Still, god damn human trash like that getting away with being pieces of shit digs bothers me.

Nothing you can really do now. Also no need for a gun. It’s best to try and stay away from idiots when you see them. Or get a fast car and speed away

>To sum it up, someone had road rage with me and purposefully cut me off and jammed on his brakes really fucking hard

What did you learn from this?

>how immediately I was suspicious that he was a criminal and how aggressive and angry he was

If only he'd killed you, Im sure you were 'innocent' in all this. did nothing to aggravate the situation. just driving alone minding your own business.

>not reading the articles OP posted about the criminal

Are you sincerely taking the criminals side or are just being edgy because you're anonymous? If you bothered to read the links you'd know this guy has attacked people on the road before out of sheer road rage, he's been charged multiple times, kidnapped people, tortured them, has been to prison, has threatened staff at prison, he's literally on parole right now and living in some government provided housing for ex-conivts, but believing OPs story is just too unrealistic, you're right. I'm sure OP is leaving out so much! OP probably cut the guy off, fingered him, threw trash out his window at him, and then jammed his breaks on when the criminal was tail gating him. How else would this mentally deranged man with a lengthy history of violence get triggered? OP is the dumb fuck. Shame on you for lying OP! You fucking liar!!

holy shit. people like this actually exist in the world. If I knew were you lived I would personally come to your house and break your jaw. I know you're just trying to be "le ebic trol" because you're anonymous but it would still be hilarious to see the devastation on your weak soy face when see your teeth scattered on the floor.

Law probably takes a backseat in this area. I would send some jihadists there.

Get a lawyer, he did the crime and there's probably enough evidence to put him in jail. Also, lift some weights, get jacked. Learn to use a gun but don't carry.

But the op has already stated how he has absolutely no evidence aside from his word, same with the other guy. It's a he said he said story, and ultimately, despite it being shitty, op technically hit him, and all the guy has to do is flat out deny it because there is no way of proving other wise. OP, everyone has said it, but I will say it again, DASHCAM. You could have a 100 witnesses saying you hit the guy, and all it takes is the footage from a dashcam to prove otherwise. OP is lucky that guy didn't have a friend with him, it could have beeb much worse.

The only justice I see fit here is op getting a group of friends, drive down to his house in the middle of the night (you can literally see this guys exact address online because it's public knowledge because he's a criminal) and do the exact same shit he dude to his kidnap victim. Burn his crotch with earol spray, beat him with a golf club, carve a nazi symbol onto his forehead with a box opener, take turns pissing on him. Treat him like the piece of trash he is. Obviously that is unrealistic and fucked up and OP could possibly ruin his life doing that, but imo that would be the only justice here.

>What bothers me is a criminal is getting away with being a criminal.

Dont let them get away with it.