Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shift_time
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

You could convince normies it is, but no

lmao no, its basically an overpriced lotus

Absolutely not.

>but MUH FORZA AND PASSIONE

I'm pretty sure a Lotus is more practical with better build quality

Not when it's slower than a bottom of the line Camaro or Mustang.

Can't go wrong with a chassis on wheels and a corolla engine

Can't wait to pick one up in 10× years on the cheap for an actual racing chassis

>instant classic
>cheap

Yeah...no.

dude that car is gay.
Don't drive it.

It's not a supercar. It's gay.

Post your car, loser

>Is this a supercar?
Not in the conventional sense, no.

Where I live a new one is 86k. I'm seeing used ones, 2015, 10k km for 55k. They're dropping in price at a decent pace, no boomer I know what I gots. They're down to 44k for one with 22k km in Germoney, so importing from there would be even nicer

I would say not in any sense. Nice car, probably fun to drive, but supercar? Not a chance.

>Dodge Dart transmission

It has a fiat punto engine how is that a supercar

no it's a 4 banger autotragic pigfat shitbox
>inb4 uncultured burger passione spaghetti
I live 5 minutes off the Italian border leading to Trieste

it's like the italian version of the cayman except it's shit.

>autotragic pigfat shitbox
The transmission actually makes a lot of sense for the car, it's a good match.
And
>pigfat shitbox
On what planet, it weighs less than almost everything on the market.

People compare them a lot because of price, but they're entirely different cars.

It's a good sportscar, like the Cayman. Not a supercar.

Except the Fiat Punto never came with that new 1.75, nevermind with a turbo on it.

The transmission is utter dogshit actually, in both the 4C and the Giullietta QV. Not enough gears and clunky. It's be 100% better with an optional manual.

They're pretty comparable in terms of price, powertrain, and power to weight.

>Not enough gears and clunky.
It has plenty of gears, especially with the powerband of the 4C. It will shift pretty aggressively in Dynamic or Race by design, put it in N or A if you want smoother shifts. It also needs to be warm to be smooth.

>It's be 100% better with an optional manual.
I agree the option would be nice, but also understand why Alfa didn't offer one. Packaging would be the biggest reason, there isn't an off-the-shelf manual that would fit.

6 gears is too little for a modern automatic. Everybody has 8+ nowadays.

It doesn't shift smoothly compared to a good torque convertor automatic, like the 8HP. Those TC automatics don't need to warm up to stop being clunky, either.

The manual transmission used in the Giullietta QV would bolt right up, and is used throughout the FCA lineup (even the Doblo iirc). Same engine bolt pattern as the 4C, same engine and transmission mounts.

>4 cylinder
>Automatic
>Slower than a base corvette

In what world is a sub-1000kg car pigfat? Do you drive a Caterham or something?

>It doesn't shift smoothly compared to a good torque convertor automatic
Why would you ever want a torque converter over a dual clutch. Alfa's transmission is one of the fastest in the world: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shift_time

>The manual transmission used in the Giullietta QV would bolt right up
It's not that simple. It doesn't fit without redesigning the car. It's easier to package the automatic with the current compact design because you don't need to worry about mechanical linkages going into the cabin.

Having a friend who owns one and taking it out often with him, I can assure you this is one of the most fun cars you can get. Also, the looks you get in it are precious, from little kids, to hot chicks, to old grampas, every fuckin person on the road stops to look and listen to this beast

>comparing a 1.7 turbo 4 with a 6.2 V8

Suicide might just be your only option.

Because torque convertors have much better NVH values, are much smoother, and offer 90% of shift time reduction. Iirc the 8HP does something like 50ms (faster than you can blink), a human driver with an H-gate manual needs at least 500ms. Law of diminishing returns applies, so 8ms isn't really much of an improvement over that. Fastest would be an electrohydraulic manual, since those have shift times of 0ms.

Except it does fit. The Giullietta QV mounting points for the 1.75T and the corresponding DCT gearbox are identical to those used in the 4C, and are identical to those used for the manual Giullietta QV. It would hook straight up. Modern mechanical linkages for a transverse manual are just cables, those are as easy to rout as the electrical cables going to the DCT. Go look up the AVL Hyper 200: those madmen added a bigger turbo, a 48V electric supercharger for throttle response, and made 480+hp, through a manual gearbox. Guess which manual gearbox: the Giullietta QV. It's a straight boltin from what I heard from their engineers, and they couldn't use the DCT because it couldn't even hold up to 400hp.

>Tfw no manual 450+ hp twincharged Alfa 4C

Busrider confirmed

I think it's gorgeous and wish I was a mid-level exec at FCA in Oakland County who could buy a demo one for dirt cheap. cruising around Rochester Hills in this beauty would be fantastic. blasting up to the lake house in Traverse City in the summer. man. I love it in white, especially

With a fourbanger it can never be a supercar.

>white

Madreperla white looks really good on the car