What makes a car "fun" to drive?

What makes a car "fun" to drive?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YM2NQgIG-QM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Lightweight and somewhat powerful, preferably manual. Most importantly, rwd.

>direct steering feel
>low CoG
>minimal body roll
>good low-end torque (imo)
>preferably RWD
>preferably manual

Lightweight, good balance, solid transmission feel, 'neutral' steering (People harp on about PS deletes, but 90% of the time it's shit, and the other 9% of the time you regret it), responsive throttle.
Those seem to be the basic hallmarks.

>has an engine and at least 3 wheels
>runs and drives
>has a steering wheel and pedals
>can sit in it

The fun part comes from you, not the car. If I can have fun with a gutless automatic shitbox not know for anything besides being a bar of soap you can make anything fun.

Linear power band. Turbos are fun, but NA has its merits too. Instant throttle response.

Manual transmission.

Sub 3000 pounds.

At least 120 horsepower per 2000 pounds.

Hydraulic power steering. Fuck electric power steering. Steering rack has to be fast enough.

Rev limit higher than 7500. 4-valve DOHC is good, but not required.

RWD.

A working handbrake.

Good brakes with steel brake flex lines.

A stereo capable of damaging your hearing.

fpbp

What's with the sudden resurgence of fpbp, and why is it never the first post?

fourth post best post. op doesn't count as first post.

Ah, it was always 'first' post best post many moons ago, why fourth?

because in this case, the fourth poster is correct? idk what else to tell you.

But that's like taking a universally understood acronym like 'lol' and changing it to mean 'liars often lie' or some such.

In any case, cheers.

I remember when I was in high school and I thought like this

I like boobs

It’s what you think when you’ve only ever driven econoboxes. Not entirely wrong, but... limited, shall we say.

It's delusional at best. I mean sure it's good to make the best of what you have, but claiming "anything" can be fine is just plain wrong. Plenty of cars out there that are downright miserable to drive.

That's some rather thinly veiled elitism you've got there. If people don't know better, they don't know better. My brother hasn't ever had a job and thinks the worst thing in his life is mum buying the wrong kind of frozen pizza. If little billy has a V6 camry and some RS3's slapped on there, that's fun for him.

bump

I think a car is fun to drive if it does well what it was engineered to do. A Mini Cooper S and UNIMOG are both a lot of fun to drive even though they're very different machines, but they both do what they're supposed to do very well.

Who's this hot thot?
This cum plum?
This wiener cleaner?
This cock sock?
>This trap braaaap?

The most fun cars to drive are slow but chuckable. You get to drive it at the limit all the time while still hanging onto to corners with everything you have.

youtube.com/watch?v=YM2NQgIG-QM

I like speed and danger, so a manual mustang would be ideal.

Nothing scarier than an intersection in a mustang, amirite?

Lightweight and at least reasonably powerful, preferrably MR. Most importantly, manual

I used to be like you but then I got a true sportscar.
Some cars are only fun if you don't know what real fun is.

thas rite

I already have my fair share of fishtailing with my Ram.

Wrong again FF for life

>everyone but missed the big fun factor of cars, the reason Americans bitch about displacement
It's called TORQUE.

nice roads of your preference

>nice roads of your preference
This.

>says user's thinking is delusional
>continues to post delusion

I mean don't get me wrong revving the piss out of an S2K on a track sounds like fun, but if we're talking about a daily that's fun it needs torque.

feels scary to drive

Lol, I drive a 2002 Hyundai Accent. That’s the only car I’ve ever personally owned. However, I’ve driven a Mustang and a heavily modded s2000 a couple different times. The one thing I can say is that it just changes your perspective to have that kind of power on the road, and not necessarily in terms of raw horsepower. Needless to say, I now recognize how much I’m missing with my 95hp shitbox.

>At least 3 wheels
I have that number of wheels. It is indeed fun but also sketchy

snow can make literally any car fun.
I mean look at this little motherfucker having the time of his life

how much does she charge?

more than you can afford pal

doubt it

Why the Up! tsi isn't Veeky Forums's favorite car then?
The truth is that Veeky Forumstists only care whether a car "looks" powerful.

>somewhat powerful

Manual preferred
Higher power to weight ratio preferred
RWD > AWD > FWD preferred

Being excited before getting in, smilling, looking back when you walk away.

Not for sale in US.

this is cute

>all these rwd and manual kids

Holy shit no wonder Veeky Forums is awful.

Cars aren't fun or not fun to drive, it's all in the driver.

>t. wasted $30k on a fwd

>t. I can't drive thank god I ride the bus
>Select all images with a bus.

Wow.

Good power to weight and light rear end

The threads about cars, Goober. You're gonna have ten times the fun in a overpowered rwd shitbox than an new fwd econobox

Nope, all depends on how you drive it. Burnouts are kiddie tier and I'd take a new CTR over some retarded overpowered rwd car.

Are you retarded? I'm saying that the same individual with the same driving habit will have more fun in the old overpowered rwd shitbox. Unless of course your idea of fun is cold ac and fucking around with the tablet entertainment system.

Too bad it's subjective, I sure don't think the rwd would be more fun. Sounds like a stupid car to be honest.

Those eyebrows are so bad they distract from her awesome tits.

it has the gayest name in the history of automobiles

OK. Enjoy your yaris
Homo

>Homo
Why would I have even mentioned her tits then? Some super sleuth you are.

a rental car

Enjoy your old piece of shit that isn't even a driver's car lol.

I don't drive an old piece of shit. I'm just saying that you'd have more fun in one than a new fwd econobox

>driver's car
What did he mean by this?

>gayest
You have to be 18 to browse this website.

Except it's subjective.

>any modern fwd automatic
>””””””drivers’ car”””””””

Fast in a straight line
>inb4 shitbox owner claims it’s all about curves

>VAG
>fun

kill yourself

thats what makes a car fun to drive

>have fun in a car
>people tell me i wasn't actually having fun because the wrong wheels recieve power
this is aspergers

It’s not that fwd can’t be fun. It doesn’t make the car more fun than it would’ve been otherwise is the point.

Driving at 250+ km/h may get you fast from point A to point B, but it is pretty boring.

how is RWD or AWD any more or less fun? unless you're drifting every corner i dont see the difference

It doesn’t grip under acceleration, it creates torque steer at high horsepower, taking a corner at high speed or breaking traction during a corner causes understeer, compromised space in the engine bay to make room for the transaxle, normally front-biased weight distribution, etc.

Lets be honest who ever gave a fuck about that

I can simplify your answer: feels

my car has a rear weight bias and it's extremely fun to drive

How is any of my post subjective? Those are the physical limitations of fwd, it takes some expensive engineering to overcome that stuff. Of course, I guess fun itself is a subjective concept, but I think in this case anyone who would prefer fwd over rwd or awd is just a contrarian. There’s less potential for exhilaration and raw thrill, and to my mind that means not as fun.

Torquesteer is fun. I can swing my fwd car around corners no problem, sometimes it even fishtails.

you forgot the best part
irrecoverable over steer

I don’t understand why you’re arguing with me...fukken merricunts

I’m naturally stubborn and argumentative, and too socially inept to tell what’s b8 and what’s not. Don’t take me as an example of all ‘Mericans pls