2018 toyota yaris IA

>2018 toyota yaris IA
>literally a mazda2 with a toyota badge
>small and underpowered, but king of city driving/parking
>5/5 from car and driver, highest ratings for a subcompact sedan by almost every reviewer that touches it
>5 star IIHS crash safety ratings
>comfortably cruises at 80-85 for moderate distances, no passing power but undeniably great if you're just going a town over
>$1,250 combined rebates from toyota + interest free financing for 72 months
>$15,000 sticker turns into $13,000 with no interest
>additional $1,000 dealership rebate, no title/dealership fees by dealership during the tent sale coming up this weekend

Someone please stop me from trading in my 2009 corolla for this. It's smaller, but I never carry passengers and never use up my trunk space. I really don't understand why these wouldn't fly off the shelved but for the fact sub-compact cars aren't very popular

>buying Japanese shoeboxes

>112mph top speed
I cruise faster than that on the interstate, you'll never pass literally anything on the road, ever, no matter how old that shitbox is, with 104hp. I'd be surprised if you could overtake a dirtbike honestly.

If your corolla works fine why get rid of it? Just run it 'til it dies so it doesn't end up in the hands of the dregs of society five owners later with gaffer tape holding the panels together and rust going unchecked through the body.

I don't care what happens to my car after I sell it, it's somebody else's problem. I'm not even the first owner on this corolla.

Everyone knows the hrv is the king of subcompact city commuters
>Bit of raised height to see past other cars in traffic
>Raises suspension to eat crumbling infrastructure potholes
>Small size for easy parking
>Good engine with enough pep for highway driving, but also good in stop and go
>Room for carpool buddies

No you don't

Because you can get a CPO Mazda3 for only a little bit more. Shit you can get a 2014 Mazda3 GT with all the bells and whistles as well as the 2.5l engine making 185hp for around $15k with low miles
Also the Toyota version of the Mazda2 looks retarded

How you can not form attachments to your car is astounding to me. It allows you to do so much, and is present in so many memorable moments in life.

To just throw it away without a second thought really shows how little you value your own posessions.

It's just a Corolla dude

And my car is just a '99 Civic. But we have memories together, and it's been nothing but reliable and useful in the time I've had it.

The fact so many people don't value their old shitboxes is why they disappear after 20 years, and then the ones that do survive are considered desirable to certain people.

>not buying Supercharged Yaris Gazoo Racing Meisters Nürburgring Edition
Bro...

Pic related. Even rarer than LFA

That's because they're shitboxes. I had some good memories in my '98 ES300, but I wouldn't want to drive that thing again

With enough time even the shittiest of shitboxes become highly desirable. But this is going off track.

The lack of attachment towards your own belongings is really saddening. Just throwing something away because something new is shinier is honestly really telling about where we're heading as a society.

>just drive the same daily driver for 20 years
Nah.

It's an '09 and you stated you're not the first owner. You've barely had it any time at all.

I'm not OP

So many memories of sitting in traffic and going to walmart.
I've had it 5 years. It's also just a corolla, I don't know what attachments you form, but holding sentimental value on a corolla I used as a daily driver isn't really going to happen. I didn't take any special trips or conceive children in it, I took it to work and home 5 days a week. I also built up some credit with it.

its cause the guy is a fucking normie.
do whatever if you don't care about cars why the fuck should we give a shit

>daily backwards corolla
>it makes me smile every time
>remember all the fun of it taking me to meets, being at races with it, hitting twisties with it
>miss the sound of its engine right behind my ear all winter
>miss how just flicking the steering wheel and the car responding without body roll or tyre squeal made me smile
you just are not a car enthusiast

>daily corolla
>imagine being on my motorcycle half the time I'm in it
>the other half sitting in traffic, thinking about work, or running errands
>midnight drive just weren't the same in the corolla as my crown vic
>not my first car, not my favorite car, not my funnest car, certainly not my best performing car

Honestly, it sounds like you guys were teenagers enjoying having any vehicle in the world as your own. I remember when I was 17 the thought of having my dad's minivan gave me a boner, imaging going through long trips, girlfriends, and experiences with it.

Now I would hate that fucking thing and would sell it for the $800 it was worth in a heartbeat.

You'd be paying money for a downgrade. The mazda2 requires you to use its infotainment system to control music, your corolla has big, easy to read, easy to use knobs that you use to change your AC, heater, fan, etc. in literally half a second. It has big, easy to read and use buttons that even Americans can't fatfinger, and changing your music, volume, and other settings takes literally half a second.

If you were trading in for a Mazda3, I'd say go for it. If you were trading in for a Camry or Civic, I'd say go for it. For a Mazda2? Don't even bother, you're going to find out that it's just as boring and stupid as your corolla while being a downsize as a daily driver.

Good point user, I'm not sure why I want to get it anyway. I think I'm just depressed and think a new car will make me happy. Thanks.

Keep the corolla. There's nothing wrong with it. Buying a new econobox is retarded.

Don't make the mistake of filling the void with things

>tfw made the mistake of filling the void with sportscar and racing
>tfw depression gone

if youre depressed get a miata or an mr2
Fuck econoboxes, MR and being able to outhandle and outbrake everything cheaper than an cayman (and a little dip of elise there) is sure to cure just about anything

Buy a real Mazda2, they’re much cooler

Or a CPO mazda3 for probably the same price as a new TOYOTA *YARIS* the most effeminate car next to the Nissan Versa and Fiat 500

>. I really don't understand why these wouldn't fly off the shelved but for the fact sub-compact cars aren't very popular
The engines are anemic. The car takes forever to accelerate

WHY THE FUCK NO TURBO MODEL?!?! Its like they hate money.

>I really don't understand why these wouldn't fly off the shelved but for the fact sub-compact cars aren't very popular

I think I might know why.

I blame Hyundai for starting this gaping maw angry catfish trend with their Sonata hybrid but I will never forgive Toyota for how far they are taking it.

I wish Mazda would make a 2-door Mazda 2 hatchback.

Don't buy another economy car. Get a different type or higher quality.

Miata is a good idea desu.

A fucking Yaris isn't going to make you feel better, they're garbage.

Get a Miata, you can't be sad in a Miata.

I didn't get my licence 'til I was married and in my 20s desu.