Semantics thread

Is this generation Cherokee a crossover?

anything unibody is a crossover

Why do you think that is so?

That's its definition. Though an XJ can be used as a real SUV unlike most given that moniker these days.

>inb4 faggots bitching that it can't handle EXTREME TRIPLE BLACK DIAMOND PRO TRAILS when they can easily do everything short of heavy rock crawling

>smaller than the lexus RX
>unibody

Yes. That’s enough

Kinda related. Why are this generation´s Cherokees so cheap, when compared to competitors of similar vintage?

No, because its built on its own platform and not the platform of an existing car.

A crossover is based on a car. The Cherokee wasn't. It was a dedicated chassis made for a Vehicle that provided Sport and Utility

And then you add a 6" lift and put it on 35s and it will rockclimb, too.

>A crossover is based on a car
No

They are shit reliability wise. Lil sis has one, flapper for a/c went out, $2500 fix.

This definition doesn't work, although I do agree that the Cherokee is a crossover. Even without an aftermarket lift, the new Cherokee Trailhawk is capable of going down most trails in the US.

you're an retart

>A crossover or crossover utility vehicle (CUV) is a vehicle typically built on a unibody car platform, combining in highly variable degrees features of a sport utility vehicle (SUV) with those of a passenger vehicle, typically a station wagon or hatchback, but sometimes also a coupé or even a convertible.

can you imagine being so cucked that you pay Tony $2500 to pull the dash and replace some $10 part

And promptly destroy itself. You need to swap axles and tie a roll cage onto the “frame” because it will break otherwise

This Cherokee (XJ) is the genesis of the "light truck" classification, ergo it's the genesis of "SUV" which was a marketing term, but "Light Truck" was a fed/EPA term.

Pt Cruiser is also a light truck

>A crossover or crossover utility vehicle (CUV) is a vehicle typically built on a unibody car platform, combining in highly variable degrees features of a sport utility vehicle (SUV) with those of a passenger vehicle, typically a station wagon or hatchback, but sometimes also a coupé or even a convertible.
the cherokee has all the attributes of an SUV except for BoF
there's nothing really car like about it

Which came out 20+ years after...

XJ debuted in 1984 with classification probably finalized in 1983

I think what we're all forgetting is that the KK is the superior vehicle.

When these were built, they were built as SUVs. There was no such thing as a cross over when these were built, so NO, this is not a cross over and could not be because crossovers didn't even exist the entire time this generation of Cherokee was made.

I dunno. If it has a longitudinal engine and a proper 4x4 transfer case that puts it in the truck based suv category. A crossover by definition is a small to mid sized "suv" built on a car chassis.

Most trails are just dirt roads though.

Do straws have one hole or two?

Infinite.

The 4.0 XJ is unarguably the most reliable vehicle ever conceived of my man. I'm sorry to hear your sister was ripped off so bad, she should be ashamed of herself.