/xivg/ - Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood General

Munchies edition.

>Patch 4.06 Notes
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/28053f7fa83022c6b203fdcfbd32b042fee8619c

>Current Event
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/special/2017/Moonfire_Faire/

>Patch Notes
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/special/patchnote_log/

>Job Guide
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/jobguide/battle/

>Resources, Guides, Free Companies and Linkshells:
pastebin.com/raw/bFcDNb57

Previously, on /xivg/:

What are the pros and cons of midlanders

Cute

I APPROVE

List classes based on how difficult you find it to play
>THIS IS MAJOR TOM TO GROUND CONTROL, WHAT THE FUCK AM I DOING
SMN, MCH
>Some sort of christian magic
NIN
>Folded a million times, can cut through tank but not american sheet steel.
SAM
>It's like guitar hero! Well sort of? Fuck it push butan receiv deeps
BRD, DRG, BLM
>I can sleep through my rotation and still get hilariously good results
DRK, RDM, WAR, PLD
>Lol healing is ez boyz
AST, WHM
>The game plays itself for me so I might as well fap while doing trials
SCH

SEXUALLY HARASS GATE KEEPERS

Can a straight man be a c@boi? All the other male characters look terrible, and midlander is just a human.

Pros: Nice figures and animations.
Cons: One good face that everyone uses.

only cats below this line

pro is you are very midlander, con is no fwuffy tail

Still two spots on Primal for Expert/Trials.
beep bep 2401

>I hit everything as it comes up and put in no effort for big numbers
MNK Seriously this job is so simple.

>midlander is just a human
What's wrong with being just a human?
>been middie for years
>every time I fanta to try another race I hate it and change back

wtb sunni EB to play the game and fall in love with just in time for the in-game holiday events so you can share the joys and wonders of christmas with me and i can give your heart away on dec. 26, pst

>tfw someone already has the meme name you were going to use

tfw you will never share a bed with liora

I'm gonna get to HW soon and I kind of want to play a DRK through it. What's the fastest way to level it, since I'm gonna need to get back to at least 50ish right? Just spam duty roulette: leveling? PotD? Frontline?

So simple you have no parses.

>no fwuffy tail
this is a pro, you disgusting furries

Is there new PvP armor with unique style or is this still the latest stuff?

I didn't mean anything by it user. Midlander is just boring to me.
If you enjoy it, do so. I just want a tail, but sadly the roes aren't Galka and the c@s are all homos.

There are two kinds of c@boys, the homosexual twinks (Tias) and the alpha cat with a literal harem of 10-50 yes, fifty catgirls he breeds with as his job (Nunh). Nunh is the strongest of the tribe. Tribes with over 50 catgirls have multiple nunh because impregnating that many can be difficult.

Midlanders are pretty fun. Although sometimes i still like going cat.

There are at least 2 maybe 3 faces people use. Its nowhere near as bad as Roe have with the same 2 faces people use.

highlanders

>needing parses to say a class is simple
ok

You forgot moonies.

Go to the Wolves' Den and check for yourself.

I have no idea how you get there anymore, it has been like a year or so.

The fuck is a moonie?
Like a nigcat?

More or less

A simple job doesn't make the rest of the effort that goes into doing serious content require any less effort, user. Also I'm way the fuck behind and only really do the serious stuff with friends when they're on. Here's a censored parse I uploaded as private since one of them doesn't want his name on FFLogs for whatever reason. It's sloppy and I died a few times since it was the first time we'd ever done it, but it's something I guess.

You can literally teleport there.

I don't know how difficult pther classes are yet but BRD at level 60+ is overwhelming me, my wrist's been hurting all week keeping up
I think I need to learn to use macros

yes because your opinion is irrelevant unless you have played the job at an optimal level. every job is easy to play at an adequate,"let's just clear this" level

dps numbers mean nothing without context mafu.. what fight is this?

>NIN and RDM pulling 2.7k
How the fuck.

>Bad DPS all around
>A "friend" whos too much of a cuck to disable his name on fflogs

so as a newbie, how usful is the crafting? is it like a lot of MMO's where it's pretty much a waste of time, in terms of making money. or is it pretty good for making money?

>
Thanks, user

It's one of the best ways of making money

It's actually decent in this game and a good source of income, providing your willing to put the time and effort into it.

hfjksdhafjklahsjkldfhs I forgot that sorry. I'm dumb. ;w;

Sloppy run. Nothing but new people. RDM kept standing in AoE and NIN's controller was having connection issues.

See above. And I know. It's annoying to me, too. But w/e.

I'm home now, does anybody on Aether wants to do anything?

So do people not realize that dark chococats are only good when they are female?
It makes good money later on. Also depends on your world. Some items will help you get rolling in dosh. No matter that you can do all classes with one character some people are lazy and rather buy stuff they can make in time.
Like me.

are you the mateus dragon...

uldah?

Not But some jobs are just fucking simple and straight forward with little to no ongoing thought other than 'oh i have to move now'. It don't make em bad jobs, just simple ones.

>It's one of the best ways of making money
How? What do you craft to make money?

Nope, that's a cactuar ult friendo

Thanks user's. Didn't know if I should just skip it. glad crafting is actually useful in FFXIV far to many MMO's make crafting pretty terrible.

i'm pretty sure that's what most people want. most jobs are hard to play at orange percentile level, but you shouldn't base telling new people what to play based on orange tier play. Monk is extremely easy to pick up and play, but i wouldn't tell someone they can't play mch because it's not as simple. parses don't mean shit as long as you can grasp the basic concept of the job, then you can worry about performance. not like you're going to listen to me anyway, i hardly have any parses uploaded either

>1k sch
>400 whm
>only 2k pld
>sub 4.5k melee
>rdm below 4k
You're literally all trash.

Everything. Raid food, raid potions, hell every patch brings new raid combat GEAR you can craft. People can meld extra materia onto gear crafted this way, its a real bonus to have when raiding.

You can craft materials and gear and tools for other crafters, weapons. Music that people can play in their house. Furniture that people can put in their house (This is a huge source of income in particular, if you work at it).

>REEEEEEEEE YOU MUST PLAY AT TOP 99.9TH PERCENTILE, SUMMON C'THULU, FLY TO MOON USING ONLY ROCKS, NO ITEMS, FOX ONLY FINAL DESTINATION
This is what you sound like.

There's still a primal roulette?

>Call people out for playing like trash
>Trigger you in the process
You must be one of the censored names :^)

I'm the only one of them that comes here.

Stop being autistic about parses, you probably don't even parse that high yourself broski.

So what's the opinion on WAR currently?

Easy, fun and powerful in the right hands.

>want to play WAR
>tfw left-handed

It has less "raid support" than PLD and has to work harder for the damage that it used to be able to do. It also gets super fucked by mechanics, missing any part of your Berserk hinders your damage much more in comparison.

In ideal dummy situations a great WAR is still worth more than a bad DPS, though. Not hard to learn and fun to play. Play it for fun in just about any content you want, but try not to bring it to O3S/O4S prog I guess.

I've seen that coat here and there. Is it a raid drop? Am I too much of a baby sprout to be able to get it?

Invert your controls then :^)

>not being ambidextrous

It's the Replica Heavy High Allagan Coat, level 50 items for Tanks.

Alright, sounds good. I am trying to decide on what to level next, already got PLD and DRK at 60, and my WAR is only at 50, so.

Oh nice.

>crafted

Time to grind Armorer I guess.

Numbers look a little flat desu.

You could craft it.

Or have your friends do it for you like I did :^)

Lonely miqote looking for friends...

Pst?

Same, you should probably include your server!

What's the proper tank etiquette in dungeons? Are big pulls the standard or should I always ask if the healer is okay with it?

Fastest way to level a tank from 30-50?

POTD most likely, or dungeon spam.
Pick your poison.

the former, healing dungeons is mindless and if healers refuse it means they are just lazy and want to watch netflix

The gameplay is alright. It is pretty comfy. It's a nice thing to do with some music, or when watching a movie or something.

Left or right?

Its also a random drop from Palace of the Dead (I believe, tons of them are) so it might not even be that expensive right now, check your Market Board.

But even still its only level 50 and the mats are undoubtedly cheap anyways, check the prices of those too.

You need to judge that for yourself every time. Based on your gear, your familiarity with the dungeon, the healers gear and classes. Big pulls for 50 dungeons are standard for example, because we've all done them a million times and know what to expect. But if your healer is a leaf, or first time, or wearing i100 gear, or you have first time low gear dps, then shorten it by whatever you deem fair.

Right, definitely.

pssssst

Balmung...

>have had nothing but the worst possible experiences with statics in this game so far
>really hesitant to find and join a static in SB because of this
>eventually say fuck it after v3s pugs are shit
>find a dream static recruiting my exact role on v3s prog like me
>m-maybe this is finally the time I get a good static and have lots of fun
>bring me into susano EX just to test the waters with me
>fight is easy af as usual, and they give me the green light to attend the raid with them that night
>do a small meet and greet before we depart until raid time
>MT/static leader and his wife the healer
>two RL friends for life on dps
>another dps and his wife the other healer, and her brother the OT
>package deals have been one of the most destructive thing ever in my raiding history
>tfw all hope in this static is down the drain before the first raid
>cling to that last tiny flicker of hope that they might be the one and at least wait until raid to see what we're dealing with
>raid cancelled 5 mins before start time because the dps of the threesome got called into work so none of them can make it now
>see if we can reschedule for same time tomorrow night
>one of the friends for life is busy so neither of them can come
>they say they're free on saturday
>MT can't because he and his wife "take the weekends for couple time"
>tell them I had doubts when I heard of all the package deals and I can't be a part of a static like this based on what I've seen in the first 4 hours
>"lol whatever dude you weren't even that good anyways we were just desperate to fill for the night"
>literally beat their samurai (2nd place) by 200 dps as a MCH on the susano run, but the words still sting
just fuck my shit up, why can't I have nice things?

Pull around two packs for your first pull, check if dps is fine and if the healer as trouble keeping you up without you rolling your CDs. If both of these variables are true then chain pull your heart out.

Post your UI, I'm trying to make a new one and need ideas

meow meow

tfw made my character too flat and can't afford a fanta to fix it

/pet

Thanks!

>NPC
Don't fall for this.

>Ramsey will never EVER pst you
I know I had rope somewhere around here...

Are they the same, or is one quicker than the other? I know I've heard PotD is fastest, but I've also heard duty roulette spam is faster for tanks specifically. If they're essentially the same I'll probably just do PotD.

ALWAYS inquire about whether or not it's a group of IRL friends/couples or not, NEVER EVER get your hopes up for statics that involve any of these not even slightly.

And for everyone who's looking for a static remember the three rules
1. Never raid with IRL friends
2. Never raid with couples
3. Never raid with a female raid leader

Follow these rules and you're pretty much sorted for raiding.

Any specific jobs?

It is an NPC, my character is a lizard I just thought that screenshot perfectly summed up mfw

i did all 3 and had great experiences, opinion discarded

As a tank, dungeon spam is faster due to added roulette in need bonus.

You just know shitty people.

Here's how I do all mine. Just 1-12 Alt+1-12 and Ctrl+1-12. It's worked out well so far since nothing seems to use more that 36 buttons.

Ah I figured as much.. I'm over on primal sorry

This might seem like a meme, but I can agree with every single point.

And I forget the fucking pic.
>I'm over on primal sorry
Server?Name? I'm on primal and looking for friends.

Right.
Why is it even a question?