/sthg/ - Sonic the Hedgehog General

Welcome to the Sonic General. Here we talk all about everything Sonic! Share art and music, discuss about new developments, discuss ROM hacks, speedrunning, and more.

/sthg/ #865 - Mania PC Delayed Edition

>Link CompilationDrawfag/Writefag Idea WallsSonic NewsGeneral Interest Links

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=H2OWC5Hosv8
youtube.com/watch?v=aDJ4__DyyDA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

D E L A Y E D
E
L
A
D

SECOND FOR TRIGGERED

I am not happy.

It's fun to me seeing classicscum get fucked.

THEY COULDN'T EVEN DO THIS RIGHT
I'M SO FUCKING MAD HOLY SHIT

The PC version getting delayed is probably the first time I've felt a genuine wave of sadness and depression sweep over me for being denied a fucking video game. I have to sit throgh two weeks while everyone else is playing and reviewing it.

>not getting it on switch to relive the days of good portable Sonic anyway

>delayed

Where were you when Mania Switch became the best version?

It's unfortunate that it'll be released on PC on a later date. Was it merely they had to optimize the game for the PC that caused the delay?

Sonic 1 is not fucking worth

It hurts real bad that spoilers will be unavoidable at that point. Like, at least the leaker guy didn't get the good ending, but surely all the hidden shit, if any, will be spoiled by the time PC releases.

That's the only reason he gave. Apparently it was decided literally 30 minutes ago and that's why the social media guy was late

I just woke up, what's happening?

Fuck off nintendo shills, your faggot company ruined mania

Well, this completely killed my mood. I don't even give a fuck about the spoilers anymore.

How many Zones are in the game?

PC version of Sonic Mania is delayed till August 29th.

PC Mania delayed. It's now coming out on August 29th.

>26 SIGNED collectors editions sent randomly

Oh no

>Ealry adopters on steam get Sonic 1
>Not even the taxman version, it's the glorified emulator Genesis classics version

>Delicious Scalper money coming through

Doesn't that require them to contact Steam and have that version up there? I imagine that would take time.

What possible excuse does Sega have for those remasters not being on Steam? It's literally free fucking money for putting two already complete games on PC with practically no effort required. Who is keeping that from happening?

I'd been going through all the Sonic games to prepare myself for Mania and now I gotta wait even longer

I'll admit I'm assmad as all hell because my circle of friends all bought it on Switch, and I only bought it on PC for me and my bf so at least we can suffer together

Optimization apparently. No other explanation was given to my understanding.

Sega is clearly not very bright.

The Nintendo exclusivity deal prevented them from being on PC at release. There's no reason for them to not be on there now.

like 8 i think, unless someone kept playing

How the fuck did they fuck up the optimization? Like, what the fuck is happening with it?

So it's Nintendo's fault for the so called "optimization" then? Care to give me source on that? Just want some confirmation of why it all came to be.

>PC delayed.
WHAT THE FUCK? BECAUSE OF THE LEAKS?

No retard, he's talking about the sonic 1 and 2 remaster

Why the fuck does the game's pacing go to shit after Mirage Saloon? Couldn't they have made one more original stage?

Oil Ocean, Lava Reef and Metallic Madness in a row is kind of horseshit. Especially since there are no plot and cutscenes linking them together like in S3&K. Not saying the game looks bad, far from it, but who wanted Oil Ocean or Metallic Madness back?

I can't believe they're making me wait until the end of the month to play. What point is this delay?

IM CUMMING!!!!!!!!!

What does Nintendo have to do with it? I'm talking about the versions on iOS/Android, not the 3DS version. How does the exclusivity deal affect that?

"Optimization" is the vague answer Aaron gave us

Everything was going so right, even with the leaks, but SEGA had to be SEGA.
Dammit.

If that was true then why is it just being a problem now? We've known it was on Switch for a while.
Its also going on PS4/XB1 day 1 too

Sonic Mania is going to be atrociously bad. Screencap this post.

I'm sure that the heads of Sega have a direct line to people in charge of that shit.
>bf
>gf bought sonic for bf
I'll never know this feel.
>metallic madness

fucking why not quartz quadrant?? Oil Ocean should have been hill top, and metallic madness should have been quartz quadrant. This is just a FACT.
It wasn't Segas fault for the leaks, it was fagtendo.

>tfw Mania was the bad game all along

Stealth said the deal went into effect mid-development and that SEGA didn't want to release it on other platforms outside of mobile.

Reading comprehension, anons. We're talking about the 1 & 2 remasters

I wanted Metallic Madness specifically for the music and aesthetic. CD didn't have great level design in general but I think that level, along with Stardust Speedway is the lesser of many evils.

I hate Oil Ocean but I can excuse it if they made it fun, I haven't seen any gameplay.

Thank god I'm getting Forces on the PS4.

>tfw genuinely down because I have to wait two more weeks for a video game.

I don't even feel like posting a screaming face or a suicide joke, I'm just fucking sad.

Those are only on mobile
The Sonic 1 that comes with the PC version is just the steam thing

Quartz Quadrant assets were used for Lava Reef

Metallic Madness should've been Scrap Brain for maximum nostalgia points. The only redeemable thing about MM is the tiny Sonic, which is in the game and handled well but could have just gone to Scrap Brain

It looks interesting, but Act 2 is Sandopolis Act 2's light gimmick. Worth it just for the music though

Me too man, this was the only game of 2017 I was looking forward to

>gf

>what is homosex?

Are you not reading, user? I fucking know that.

gay people do exist, user

Degeneracy. So please off yourself immediately

PCfags are just upset they can't pirate the game and play it when consoles can.

Twelve, but there might be a secret 7 Chaos Emerald level, so 13.

Fuck you I actually bought the game

I only know the stages, I haven't watched game play. So ice cap isn't it? I feel like this game has a lot of missed opportunities. Fuck, even Generations seems to have better previous zone choices.

At least Hydrocity is in, if they had to pick any water level that was the best choice.

rest in emerald pieces

Complaining about degeneracy on Veeky Forums in a Sonic general just shows you have no business being on the site, tbqh

What are the four original zones?

I have no clue what to do. Is $20 worth it for playing two weeks early?

There is still time for me to cancel that PC Special Edition.

Don't bite the bait man. It's depressing enough in here as is, we don't need satisfied shitposters.

youtube.com/watch?v=H2OWC5Hosv8

Ice Cap is part of the problem involving Sonic 3's legal trouble. Nobody was expecting it

Do you happen to know if you can go into Super form in the game. If so, can only Sonic become Super. I am aware of Iizuka's odd statement that only male hedgehog can transform, wonder how the case is with Tails and Knuckles?

>canceling the special edition

Dude no, just buy it on Xbox or whatever platform you have. You need the PC version anyways for when the inevitable mods come out.

Studiopolis, Press Garden, Mirage Saloon and Titanic Monarch

We don't know if there's a fifth Super Sonic stage, but it's one less than anticipated

Regardless, I highly doubt a company as big as Sega couldn't find a way to jew their way in and get the rights.

I can't believe Mania is getting a Chao Garden

Besides Studiopolis and Mirage Saloon, the other two are called Press Garden and Titanic Monarch

I will pissmyself if I got it.

Sorry I'm just so upset right now

user, SEGA's been dealing with these legal issues for a long ass time now.

You're right. I'm just gonna change my shipping option on Amazon, since the delay is happening and use that to pay for the PS4 version.

The person who was played only got two Chaos Emeralds and they only played Sonic with Tails following him, user. So, I don't know.

>26 signed collectors edition copies

This gauges my interest, not gonna lie. I'm the resumefag, and I know there was a return address on the envelope I sent to Aaron, which I know he received and read.

I sure do wonder if he kept that. I ordered the collectors edition as well, maybe if he kept the address he will make sure mine gets signed? That would be neat.

>the streamer was so shit I forgot the drop dash was in

>no current gen console
It's almost a bad feel but I've waited longer for less.

Like I said, Sega isn't a small company. They probably just don't want to pay off whoever owns the rights to the song because Sega are cheap.
Just be patient, user. As an idort (no switch because I'm not brain dead) there's no real reason to own a current gen console if you have a pc

I actually kind of like Metallic Madness but I'd would have preferred Quartz Quadrant for another CD level but most of the levels in the game are either favorites or up there.

i wanted to play it before i had to go back to college, everybody...

It's okay, user. The first couple of weeks of college doesn't feel as intense at least in community.

Ok since my hype got fucking murdered, I have to ask

Are there between-level transitions? I imagine that would be hard since it's such a mishmash of stuff, but I know it was said it would have Sonic 3-esque cutscenes.

I'm pretty sure nearly all of them have it.
They're kind of haphazard though.

I only saw one when the stream quality wasn't being hot garbage.

I hope someone make a mod that replaces Metalic Madness with Death Egg Zone

>I'm not brain dead
Could've fooled me.

The first few zones up to a new zone have them. Then they just stop existing.

>Death Egg
>Again

Scrap Brain or bust. After Episode II I never want to see the Death Egg ever again

What? I mean that's not a dealbreaker but are you serious? Like everyone just gave up on the transitions halfway through the game?

piracy buffer

This shit happens all the time. They might even be implementing some sort of DRM, too.

I'm down with Metallic Madness just because its JP present track is GOAT.
youtube.com/watch?v=aDJ4__DyyDA

Do you remember the last time/zone, user?

>game gets delayed until after the fall semester starts
>every place to talk about sonic is riddled with spoilers
>after the 15th i won't even be able to use youtube anymore because gamexplain or whoever will upload a video with every boss right in the thumbnail that will inevitably show up in the recommended videos
Give me something to be happy about, /sthg/

I'm in the minority but I wish they got some USA OST inspiration at the very least for the CD levels.

You'll be able to focus on your classes if you avoid the internet

what did yall have for breakfast, /sthg/?

>/v/ keeps making this about console wars like they're 12 years old

Goddammit, it's like a downward slope now. I just wanted to play the fucking game. No Sega Sonic 1 is not something to fill the gap between now and the end of the month

Buxer did a track that's on Mania, what's stopping them from using the rest?

I'd say which zone but I literally forgot how to spoiler text without the shortcut.

Cheerios with Blueberries and Maple Syrup

We could all be dead in nuclear fire next week.