Check your helmet's safety rating here:
crash.org.au/

Previous thread:

First for Aprilia a best

1st for hossack uber alles:

Get bent, japscrap

Springy oily tube master race.

>uber alles

We get it, you like meme suspension, quit spamming the fucking thread.

trips of truth over all

i'd let her ride my penis if you understand what i'm trying to imply here

Just another update on the suspension same as I have done time and time before. You crying because I am posting some unique content showing what some people are doing to motorcycles? I suppose you would prefer if I posted men in dresses?

meant for this fagbo:

I'm all for posting unique content, but posting 200 pictures of the same bike over and over gets pretty tiresome.

Also what the fuck is that breadstick swingarm?

dat exhaust

I've got a closeup webm of it at a bike show if you want it.

I bet just like before that some people here who don't have their heads up their asses will appreciate it.

And that breadstick swingarm is from an old ninja 250 n2o'd dragbike. Now stop talking to me.

sure.

Sorry this isn't your tumblr, I don't give a shit about what you post and I can talk to you all I want.

Of course you can but it's pointless. You are a weakminded faggot who is mad that people are posting pictures of motorcycles in a motorcycle thread. I usually post like 5 or 6 as an update and then that's it. And of course that is just too hard for your tiny brain to comprehend you fucking dunce. You are aware that 5-6 does not equal 200 right? Do you into maths? I am sure you are sad because you prefer men in dresses talking about their buttholes. You know there is a place for that:
>/lgbt/

Whenever somebody starts posting that many pictures when nobody has asked, it pretty much always results in spam for the rest of the thread, nipping bullshit in the bud.

>you don't like my gay motorbikes sponsored by fizzy drinks for children, you must be gay

lol ok

ty nice

Sexist pig!

Nobody asked me to start a new thread either should I get shit on for that too you literal retard? Do you understand how updates work? Do you understand that some people here were interested in the updates? Do you represent everyone here you fucking sissy bitch? You wouldn't understand the forest for the trees it's comprised of. And you make it more and more obvious every time you try to talk to me.

Show me one other person that was interested in what you had to post.

Go back and read where people were saying that exact thing you idiot. Holy shit you're dumb.

That'd be 0 people then.

Sounds like someone is too scared to go back and clearly see that people were interested. Frankly I am
>SHOCKED!

A retard acting retarded. No way!

Any more? Has he said the project is done now or what?

Wrong.
I think it's interesting and good quality content.

Wow I was wrong, ONE person showed interest. You started spamming the pictures out of nowhere and one person showed interest. They same pictures also spared a massive shitstorm that leasted for the rest of the thread.

Make of that what you will.

I think there will be more still but I am not for sure. it sounds like he is experimenting with stuff as well...that was his explanation for the CBR pic I posted. He said:

"Take a close look at the pic of the Naked Honda I posted earlier with the Hossack front suspension.....lying just in front of the Radiator under the lower arm you can see a spring/damper unit....this is part of the motorcycling worlds first lateral front suspension system which I am presently working on...a work in progress.....designed to explore lateral suspension at high lean angles...... "

I'll post updates if I get them.

Spamming pictures out of nowhere? LOL I legit feel sorry for you. I am posting pictures in lumps of 4-6 at a time showing updates for a unique front-end. And a CBR of an even crazier front end. Some people are interested by your own admission. It started conversations about other types of front ends as well.

And to you this is bad. Dudebruh. Stop talking to me.

I'm gonna keep talking to you because you're clearly retarded.

someone lend me his bike to try wheelies

Yamaha Seca is literally a perfect motorcycle.
>half-fairing for smooth ride
>handlebars for an upright seating position
>one of the last air cooled and carbed 4 cylinders you could buy, especially in the mid range
>rings welded on the back of the frame to attach luggage and accessories
>high build quality
>OEM tires are great, also a relatively common standard profile so you can get aftermarket ones without needing to change anything up
>sounds great, pulls well, cruises, in a pinch it'll go off road
>enough power for hooning and to take it to the track and have a lot of fun
>not a single fucking hint of nerd shit like computers and abs and other helicopter mom/wife features

I like it too. Quit sperging about someone posting bikes

>Yamaha Seca is literally a perfect motorcycle

Then what's your perfect baikfu?

>guy posts 4-6 update pics of motorcycles in motorcycle threads through multiple threads...people literally saying they want to see how it ends
NO ONE CARES STOP SPAMMIN MUH BRED!
>people asking questions and showing interest, even starting debate about suspension
WHY DID YOU START A SHITSTORM WAAAAAAA! YOU'RE RETARDED FOR POSTING CONTENT THAT SOME PEOPLE WANT TO SEE!
>kek

Rsv4rf

Tuono, any generation.

>Yamaha anything

>Perfect

and in this episode of /dbt/: content related autism

Rated most reliable
Rated best bikes by consumers
yamaha
Is
Best

I should put it in the magazine.

Isn't Aprilia a great investment because they never depreciate?
And they don't depreciate because they're never ridden?
And like all things Italian, aren't they unreliable? (People say this is "character" on a motorcycle).
Ducati is also an economic bike, of sorts...

>unreliable

Not really, the odd model has a few little niggles but not really any worse than most Jap bikes.

>don't depreciate

No worse than any other bike, they also make really good used purchases, just like many and most Jap bikes.

>economic

A 1000 has worse fuel economy than a gutless 600? Who'd have thought?

Aprilias are also way too expensive.

New ones are, used ones aren't, they pretty much exactly the same as Japanese rivals.

Fix at again tony

Then a used Aprilia is reasonable, if that's what you want, and you can find it for a similar price to a similar bike.
The Seca is still perfect though.

BMW should just step up to the plate and put that kind of front end on a S1000RR. It frustrates me how nobody tries to use this kind of front suspension of a race bike at all.

For you maybe. You said it was literally perfect, implying objectively so.

It is a great bike, but it's pretty ugly and quite bland.

Bmw has enough problems with the s1000rr right now

>It frustrates me how nobody tries to use this kind of front suspension of a race bike at all

Because it just isn't as good as a conventional fork in that setting.

Why try to reinvent the wheel when you've already got a dialled setup?

Because they spent years saying it was better, REEEEE.

Pic related, this was superior until they decided to go with the common stuff.

any recommendations for a late 90's early 2k's 600cc sport bike or more importantly what should I avoid

Hey man, after three years on a Ninja 250 with an oil leak and a Nighthawk 750 that lacked compression on cylinder 3, I was ecstatic to find a '92 Seca with no leaks. And it's a great UJM/Standard. And nothing rattles on it.
Yay.

I wish I could have rebuilt that Nighthawk. But I don't have the space for that project.

I wouldn't say that's full hossack though, it's more of a hybrid since it also features a conventional fork.

Avoid suzuki
Everything else is ok

Oh yeah don't get me wrong I'm not saying it's a bad bike, and it was obviously great for you, but in the grand scheme of things it's meh at best, even if you ignore modern bikes.

Move the FUCK over. Best bike entering this thread.

Yamaha Seca II. 600 cc, standard, faired, and all around great.
Honda also makes a great 600 Hornet. But they're more expensive than other 600s.
Suzuki makes an SV650 for v-twins, and the GSX600 and Bandit 600 are reliable.
Kawasaki also has Ninjas in 600 for you.
You have lots of options from the big four.
Also Triumph has 675 triples, in the Daytona and Speed Triple.

Still gets the point across.

I really want to see stuff like this making into a production supersport/superbike. And then being successfully employed in racing.

>tfw you're flat out in fifth, then you shift up into neutral

I'd still buy one though, shitty that Honda made the quickshifter an extra.

Looks like heavy memes to me

It's not like it hasn't been tried. It's way more weight, complication and more parts to wear and break than a conventional fork. They could probably be refined to be just as good, but there's nothing to be gained by spending all that time in R&D when you already have a perfectly good system.

what is the benifit of this supposed to be exactly?

Pretty much no nose dive under heavy braking, that's about it.

It's a heavy and needlessly complicated fix for what is now a very minor problem.

Well of course you're right, especially when you consider modern bikes.

>wanting a quick shifter ever
>he's considered about racing and trying to be faster than others
>he doesn't solo ride for his own pleasure
Fuck a quick shifter.

>Well of course you're right, especially when you consider modern bikes.
>"even if you ignore modern bikes."

This is not hossacks, it's MacPherson
THREADLY REMINDER A BRAND NEW RSV4 IS STILL CHEAPER THAN A CBR

Nothing to do with track, quick shifters are just really nice to use. I don't care if a bike has one or not, but they're very nice to use.

I'm sure a light-weight version of it could be made, and then refined into hopefully working to the full supposed benefit of such systems. I know that ELF tried it back in the day, as well as BMW with the HP2 and both were said to have numb feedback but, stil...

kys wr

Yea I know I'm just being stupid. I don't care either way though. I'm so used to using a clutch in my life that a quickshifter would honestly just be weird to me.

You've kind of said it yourself there though. It just requires so much work for no real benefit.

Their current application is where it makes sense, on comfy touring bikes and whatnot.

If you get the chance try one, they're really nice.

Cbr600f4i

That tank material tho

wat

Has anyone here rode one of these non-conventional front end set-ups? W-what's it like anons?

>

>It frustrates me how nobody tries to use this kind of front suspension of a race bike at all.

because its not suitable for racebikes, simple as that.

Still lost.

Titanium fuel tank

Have you seen this movie?

But that one doesn't have a titanium tank, only the SP1 and SP2.

The tank is made out of titanium IIRC. Whether that's on all '18 Fireblades or just the SP models I honestly don't know.

Yeah it's just the SP models. The regular one only has a titanium exhaust (hence the ridiculous RRP).

>Not suitable for racebikes
The one time it happened
A fucking kiwi in his backyard spanked ducati so hard they're still sore

That was probably down to his good riding rather than the suspension.

y-yes das wat i ment good sir.