/gsg/ - Grand Strategy General

We don't have an official steam or discord group. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not steam or discord groups, promising MP or not, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.
Report and ignore it.

Reminder to report and ignore shitposting.

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, 11th of August:
3114 BC – The Mesoamerican Long Count calendar, used by several pre-Columbian Mesoamerican civilizations, notably the Maya, begins.
2492 BC – Traditional date of the defeat of Bel by Hayk, progenitor and founder of the Armenian nation.
1942 – Actress Hedy Lamarr and composer George Antheil receive a patent for a Frequency-hopping spread spectrum communication system that later became the basis for modern technologies in wireless telephones and Wi-Fi.
1945 – Poles in Kraków engage in a pogrom against Jews in the city, killing one and wounding five.

>News
CK2 DD 60 - The Dragon Throne
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/ck2-dev-diary-61-the-dragon-throne.1038599/

EU4 DD 08/08
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/developer-diary-8th-of-august-2017.1038756/

>Random Country Picker
randomcountry.gbasood.net/

# Archive (mods only)
mega.nz/#F!plMxFYTB!sn9MTrvJ0tYjWSHgM8CZow

#Where to get these games
hastebin.com/raw/moqugasume

# Mods
>> READ THIS FIRST.
pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>>[HoI3] - Flavormod 1.1.1
pastebin.com/7ZBm2K3V

>>[CK2] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.7.1 - 18/07/2017
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy v0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>>[V2] Alternative Flag Pack V10
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

>>[V2]Africa Mod
pastebin.com/kyMpRZcQ

Old Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Republic_of_Acre
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Juliana_Republic
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liga_Federal
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Reminder to report and ignore shitposting.

Hoi3 finally clicked for me and I'm starting to understand everything about it and it's seriously starting to become my favorite strategy game. In hindsight hoi4 is a major disappointment compared to this game. Like no stone unturned hoi3 is better in every single category. I was wondering if hoi2 is worth it at all? And what is it like compared to hoi3 and hoi4?

I'd need a very good reason to do it.

>I was wondering if hoi2 is worth it at all?
Nope, 3 is the best HoI

cringe but unironically

It would be extremely fun.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Republic_of_Acre
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Juliana_Republic

HoI2 is more simple and has less provinces

>2 OPMs with less than 10K pops
>one is landlocked
No.

So not only did it reach 500k urban pops but it also became the most developed city in Europe. And it's only 1601.

neat

not an argument

A bit unrealistic, no?

Do you have any plans to go back to adding based and plausible alt history chains?

I always try to do when I do complex chains. One of the reasons I didn't do the Paraguayan War yet is that I need to account for all the outcomes.

You should at least add something related to the Juliana Republic as an event if RGS occupies Santa Catarina

Well there's this as well so it's kinda justified and realistic. It's like the Paris in an alternate universe where Italy gets its shit together faster than France

B O R G I A
O
R
G
I
A

I will do something about it in the future and I think it exists as claims in the area.

HPM, add Córdoba and Santa Fe as countries (we already have Corrientes and Entre Ríos so it wouldn't be a problem)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liga_Federal

No.

what's the best mod for hoi3 or is it better played as vanilla?

Wait doesn't each pop represent 10k people?

>I think it exists as claims in the area.
There's a decision to claim it, but you need quite a bit of prestige, and realistically they probably would've annexed it if they won the revolution.
And are you going to re-do dismantlements any time soon?Most of them are pretty lackluster currently and I know you don't want to change any specifics until you re-do the whole system.

>2nd day in a row he comes here, make an earlier thread without the infopic, post his ms paint comic to tell us how butthurt he is about people using the thread he doesnt like and how the mods should do what he wants
Autism

He's not arguing lad, he's telling.

Could you add a balkan style population exchange decision for the Armenians when they own all their cores in Ottoman lands?

w&b

CK2: Spain got into a biggie civil war.
I had temp title on santiago as countess of coruña and then portugal usurped the title of león from the separatist faction and pulles me into it, spain is parted in 3. This game is nice.

My first husband died of cancer without a heir, and I married my second lover after I gave birth to the bastard of a count of cuenca. I wish I could have tried to pass the child as the daughter of my first husband.

Im trying to survive a portuguese civil war now as the duchess of galicia.

Well you should. Muh Rosas, the Limburg crisis, some of your finest work. Sadly you seem to focus on irrelevant nìggers these days. Just kidding, the African minor has needed to be overhauled for years now. By the way, what are your filters? I need to know so I don't accidentally add them when trying to discuss things with you. I have a habitual capacity for humorous irreverence.

u mad r&i

>mod makes U-Boats worth a shit
>also includes the option to deport all the jews into Madacasqar
Surprised that the Paracucks didn't try to take down "Darkest Hour" mod.

Fuck off, HoI4 fag.

Does anyone know why the fuck is Switzerland continuously asking for alliance then breaking it 1 day later? I'm playing Vic2 HPM as Italy.

No :^)

hoi4 is actually fun

"Yes."

Haha, why do the guise here not like HoI4?! xDxD paradox are a niche and small company who work hard to make us good games.

it's not good but neither is Victoria 2, the only difference is that stuff actually happens in hoi4.
nice passive aggression by the way.

This. HoI4 is GOAT and only le liqqy plebs disagree.

>still too scared to actually reply to a post
besides I never said it was "GOAT" you meme spouting fuck.

Are you going to add more Boer Republics?

Whats the best urban good in M&T?

Only dumbass V2 and HoI3 players think HoI4 isn't good. Statistics don't lie, HoI4 is the most popular game in years for the 16-20 college hipster armchair historian demographic, second only to civ.

Time to play this meme mod

white men

based

white men

based and white men

white men

blanco e basaedo

Enrico

Based

ah yes

Dandalo

baesaedo aeaedo blancaoaedaeo

byzantine prick

Branco e baseado

branco es muyo baseado

la blanta

when you see my name start to appear you stop typing out your childish memes do you fucking understand tumblr

White and based.

Post mais branco e baseado de todo o fio para ser honesto

so this... ...is the power... ...of r&infopic threads... ...woah

Tell you what, I don't say this often, I truly don't, but this is THE single most WHITE and most BASED post I've ever seen, ever. You talk about whiteness, just fucking take a look. You talk about basedness, check it, re-check it, then check it a third time. You will not find a more white, nor based post in this entire thread, I guarantee. Look how many posts we have left, it doesn't fucking matter, no post could be as white and based as this. And I don't just mean this thread, I mean ever, not in "muh 4chin" or "le reddit", not on the internet, I mean in the entite history of civilised and uncivilised humanity. No one has ever uttered a sentiment that perfectly epitomises whiteness and basedness quite like this post right here. I realise how modest and humble the poster of such a white and based post must be, but please, try not to be too restrained, you should let the entire world know just what a white and based poster they have been blessed with, don't hide your white and basedness, let all the world know that you are here, you are white, and you are based. Let no man challenge the hegemony of your statement as no true God with any moral fortitude about him would destine this to be anything but the pinnacle of creation, the zenith of humanity, quite simply, the whitest and basedest event ever in the legacy of our species. I'm having this engraved on my tombstone as it couldn't be possible to achieve a more unequivocally accurate declaration than this. I thank you greatly for enlightening my day, nay, my life, with this revelation of sanctity. Never let it be said by anyone or anything that you are not the single whitest and basedest event horizen in civilisation, a figure our people and our history will surely look back on in our darkest moments and proclaim "This is it. This is when we got it right."

white men

white men

How can one man be so based?

Based white men, winners of IRL grand strategy.

WHITE MEN
HITE MEN
ITE MEN
TE MEN
E MEN

MEN
EN
N

fucking white men lads

How can one man be so white?

wyte &nd baysed

白人

holy shit this is good

blasedo
fuck off prcanon

Fuck Byzantium let's see what they think of this

nice larp lmao

ਵ੍ਹਾਈਟ ਨਰ

Reminder to be white and based.

ALLAHU ACKBAR
L
L
A
H
U

A
C
K
B
A
R

A L L A H U

A C K B A R

praise be upon him my good friends

fukkin saved

you just made me spill white basedness from my willy

I'm not PRCanon, just a huge weeaboo lol.

sorry meant to reply to [muted call to prayer can be heard in the background]

el white
el based

Thats hindi you mong

When will they make this white and based God the CEO of Veeky Forums?

وائٹ مرد

umm lads you do know men is plural right and this is just one guy
white MAN

white men

is dark souls 3 grand strategy

not all white men

The only reason the Western culture has dominated for the last 200 years is that it's power has ascended greatly since the Industrial Revolution. Things are going to change. Before the Industrial Revolution, Europe was basically a coping and adaptive culture. As you can see, the Greek civilization was not an ORIGINAL civilization like the Chinese civilization. The Greek civilization was heavily influenced by both Egyptian and Mesopotamian civilizations ( Greek myths and religion had their roots in various Mesopotamian beliefs).. The Greek architecture and medicine were adopted from Egypt and ancient Greeks extensively borrowed from Babylonians ( the ancestors of the present day Arabs) for it's astronomy and mathematics and even it's alphabet was based on the non- European semitic Phoenician alphabet. How about Christianity which was originated among non-European semitic people? As you can see, the Greeks were the biggest copycats in the ancient world. In this ancient time period, there were Confucius, Laozi, Mozi, Zhangzi, Mencius, Sun tsu, etc in China whose thoughts were at least as great as any Greek thinkers. Before you wrote this outdated Eurocentric trash, you should have read SCIENCE AND CIVILIZATION IN CHINA by Joseph Needham which was picked as one of the 100 best English language non-fictions of the 20th century by Random House. I'm going to list some of many Chinese inventions and ideas that backwards Europe copied from China before the Industrial Revolution. China invented compass, rudder, leeboard, centerboard, multi-mast, watertight compartments which Europe didn't use for their ships until the late 18th century. Without all these Chinese inventions, the European voyages of discovery wouldn't have been possible. Also China invented not only paper but also printing including the movable type about 400 years before Gutenberg who had been vey likely influenced by the movable type developments in China and Korea, developed one.

Hedy Lamarr was a qt

Without these Chinese inventions, the SPREAD of Renaissance would have been extremely difficult. China invented not only gunpowder but also gun, cannon, rocket including multi-stage ones, both land and sea mines, bomb, even hand grenade. All these Chinese military technologies were furiously copied by Europeans. Can you imagine the modern military without these Chinese inventions? Even the European Enlightenment was heavily influenced by many of Chinese thoughts. As a matter of fact, many Enlightenment thinkers such as Montaigne, Leibniz, Voltaire, Quesnay, etc. were enamored with the ancient Chinese idea of mandate of heaven that essentially declared that an UNFIT king should be overthrown. These European scholars thought the mandate of heaven idea was much more enlightening than the rigid and primitive European idea of the divine right of king to rule forever no matter what. This Chinese idea of mandate od heaven greatly influenced the French Revolution. Also these European thinkers had a high opinion of the Chinese bureaucratic system based on meritocracy through civil service examinations, while denouncing the privileges of the European hereditary aristocracy. Even the concept of laissez-faire was borne in the ancient China. Both Taoists and Confucian scholars believed in little or no state intervention in economic activities. From about 2nd century BC on, Chinese dynasties practiced free market economy while only intervening from time to time in iron and salt enterprises and also by and large they kept taxes low. The Chinese idea of laissez-faire greatly influenced the French economist Quesnay who in turn influenced Adam Smith. Also in the 18th century all things Chinese were a rage in Europe. Europeans copied Chinese architecture, interior decoration, tea-drinking, etc. As you can see it was the Europeans copying Chinese, not the other way around.

any white GIRLS in here :3

B A S E D
A
S
E
D

any white girls in here pusyworshiper is my steam

It's no accident China and India were the two biggest economies in the world from the 1st century to the end of the 18th century. Also China invented blast furnace, coking - coal, so called- Bessemer Steel Process, Siemens' Steel process, drilling techniques for oil and natural gas ( China drilled for natural gas and transferred it through pipelines for heating and lighting starting in the 4th century BC, on the other hand Europe didn't use natural gas until the late 19th century). Without all these Chinese inventions, the Industrial Revolution would have been impossible. These are just some of the ground- breaking Chinese inventions and ideas that backward Europe eagerly copied before the Industrial Revolution. Even science was born in the 11th century in the Islamic civilization with the birth of the EXPERIMENTAL SCIENTIFIC METHOD ( all ancient civilizations were pre-scientific) The backwards Europe again copied the experimental scientific method extensively thus bringing about the Scientific Revolution in Europe. The primitive Europeans copied not only science but also math, architecture, literature, etc from the Islamic civilization in the Middle Ages. As you can see Europe was basically a copying and adaptive culture before the Industrial Revolution. Even though Europe overtook China in science in the 17th century. China was still ahead of Europe in technology until the end of the 18th century because there was disconnect between nascent scientific theories and implementing them for technological developments. Before the Industrial Revolution, almost all the technological improvements were done by craftsmen or technicians not by scientists. Even Ancient China was far ahead of the Greco-Roman civilization in technology. According to Robert Temple, a well-respected scholar of the Oriental Studies, more than half of the inventions that laid foundations for the modern world before the Industrial Revolution came from China.