/bbg/ - Bloodborne General

Choirslut Edition.

Orphaned: >information. If you're new to Bloodborne and /bbg/ READ THIS FIRST BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS
docs.google.com/document/d/1sItpr6PHpoEiFbtFIBtPO4UNeNEpxuztHteANTJRHDU/edit#heading=h.od90ylbez0rz

>Accessing the DLC
bloodborne-wiki.com/2015/09/the-old-hunters.html
Note: If the eye isn't showing up, go to: Settings > Playstation Network/Account Management > Restore Licenses

>/bbg/ Fight Club:
Pthumeru - n6rc9jh8
Loran - jjpkdcgd
Isz - 9v8qndas
(every Saturday 6pm EST, general rules:imgur.com/1RjNbF4)

>/bbg/ Spelunking Club
Password = /bbg/
Create a new S/FRC chalice dungeon and beckon anons to join
OR
Use the Short Root Chalice with the password /bbg/ to be summoned or invade
(every Friday 6pm EST, anything goes)

>Resources Pastebin - Planners, Calculators, Spreadsheets, Stats Info, Where to go next in BB, Guide Scans & Wikis
pastebin.com/aNR8TXUr

>Chalice Pastebin - General Info, Glyphs for Gems, Best Gems Setups, Multiplayer & Speedrunning
pastebin.com/489M5NBv
>Media Pastebin - OSTs, Concept Art & Screenshots
pastebin.com/t8byCxfj

>Beasthood & Claws Info
pastebin.com/jnbs35ZX

>Wheel, Fight Club, Arc 101 & other Misc. Info
ssjnugget.imgur.com

>Bloodborne AR Calculator
pastebin.com/zGphv4fF

First for waifus

tfw no doll gf

Reddit FC will be better

Fourth for fluffy Beast Embrace.

>girlfriend
Surely you meant to spell it as "girl friend", right?

Reminder.

>For the honor of Cainhurst

>the city of cainhurst

>my sister goes to a Christian private school
>has a reading list
>the list allows HP Lovecraft

Lovecraft was a hardcore atheist

At what point can you start buying bma from the jew shop

>not wanting your girlfriend to have the perfect child

Yes, she loves me. I don't care if she doesn't want to marry me or if her son isn't mine, the fact that she wants to be with me and allows me to serve her is enough.

>the fact that she wants to be with me

Getting the badge from Upper Oedon Chapel

Ahh so you're the kind of person who the covenant was made for. Despicable netorare.

execuckshioners serve a beta orbiter that literally stands in the cold instead of making a move.

You seem to have missed the Google search bar, pal.

Truth is Logarius wanted Annalise to himself, but couldn't be caught being a vilecuck. So he told his executioner buddies to leave and that he'd 'martyr' himself and stay behind. Why do you think he fought so hard to protect her?

I bet you are execucktioners

if you got sissy dick then annalise will ALWAYS refuse marriage. it's in the interviews big M fused lore with function

Why is he a frozen mummy

You mean UCW?

For the honor of Cuckhurst

He got cucked by her when she refused to marry him but he couldn't go back to Yharnam either since he's now a martyr. She doesn't want him inside, and he's too beta to say no.

>want to use cainhurst gear because it looks cool as fuck
>immediately labelled a cuck as soon as I get summoned
Suffering

>tinfoil
>cool

Nevermind the oedeon chapel one was correct,thank you

>knights gear
>not cool

D E E P E S T L O R E

It's tinfoil lmao

Why are people so surprised that the Suspicious Beggar can talk when he transforms? All of the transformed hunters in Yharnam can talk.

Is it actually Lovecraft or is it 'Lovecraft' aka August Derleth sneakily publishing his own gay shit under Lovecraft's name?

i can make cainhurst armor in my house right now. there are no real knight sets in bloodborne, if the cainhurst armor was real it would be flimsy as fuck. chainmail would be better than cainhurst "armor"

None of those hunters are as far gone as the Suspish Beggar. They're still recognisably humanlike.

Knight set you retard

>want to cosplay a certain character from a series inspired by bloodborne and souls
>have to use a piece of cuckhurst gear because its the next closest thing

it just lists HP Lovecraft

Some of them look like huge doggos in human clothes, barely more human than Loran Silverbeasts

>Bloodborne
>cosplaying anything that isn't in-universe

Is that a fucking IRL Pthutato?

But the point remains that the Beggar's transformation is still the most dramatic. I mean, I'd be very surprised if I heard Blood-Starved Beast talk, or one of the werewolves.

Just get a big broccoli and paint it blue.

His stories assume the existence of gods
Also his gods are malevolent, just like any false deity except YHWH should be
I see nothing that would offend christfags

Beggar also looks like a very buff and hairy human, the BSB and werewolves are clearly more beast than man.

No, I mean AFTER he goes full Abhorrent. He still talks throughout the fight, that's the interesting bit.

I found one in an antique store once.

The twist is that his gods are aliens.

Exactly, abo looks like a very hairy, hunched over bodybuilder with rubber arms. His face is fully human.

Why dont rats and phtus attack eachother
Or rats and anyone else really

>rats and poo
It's cos they're all sewage

The real question is why BPS attacks everything

You've never any Lovecraft, have you? They're very explicitly not gods, not supernatural, they're aliens from literal outer space, the horror is exactly that - there's no supernatural to save you or provide context or comfort, it's all very much material.

Clearly he isn't happy about being woken up from his sleep

The real question is why BPS can use fire when final form of beasts all do bolt.

Eh, I see what you mean, but it seems more overtly beast than human compared to the other talky beastmen around. It's certainly a very exaggerated transformation, similar to Amelia in terms of suddenly exploding out of their skin.

Not true. Loran Cleric uses fire.

Huh. Shows what I know. That's interesting. The given explanation for the bolt properties of darkbeasts and all that is their fur generating a lot of static, right? Do we have any explanation to how they can fireball then? Because all other 'magic' in BB has some sort of explanation, like Blacksky Eye being an eye that contains a meteor portal and Augur being calling on Ebby's tentacles. Fireballs always did seem a bit out of place to me.

He just hates everyone

pthumerian magic doesn't need an explanation

Loran Silverbeasts exhale flammable gas to breathe fire. Maybe BPS can secret a liquid that quickly evaporates and ignites on contact with air. But yeah, pyromancy clashes quite a bit with the game's theme of magic being alien technology

Does the L1 into R2 on the chikage feel faster than the regular blood mode R2 or am I trippin' on eyes?

Ancient fire rites of long lost civilizations, at least judging by the keepers set description.

Ancient pyromancy techniques from the "old lords". Lost to time in the pthumerian dungeons.

It probably is

>old lords in question are great ones
>no kin or great ones use fire
hmm

We only know about a handful of great ones, and one of them is fish themed so I doubt they would be using fire magic.

What does Cranston's build look like?

Amy's gob deals fire damage

Is this game as good as Dark Souls 1 & 2 or is it more shit like Dark Souls 3?

it's on par with DS1

it's more crap like DeS

It's better than any of the souls games for me. No way to find out until you try.

Bloodborne is garbage, don't play it

better than 2/3 even with 1

it's garbage, don't waste your time

On par with DS1, but this time Lost Izalith has no end and it's called "Chalice Dungeons".

Even Ailing Loran Layer 3 is better than Izalith

IMPROMPTU??

No, you're wrong.

Hello Mr. BootyBlast

Amygdala from the defiled chalice keeps shreking me.
Can someone help?
Password is ayymygdala

Hold on, user
Coming as fast as I can via SRRC

But this time you can play through the entire game and never once touch the chalices.

Couldn't fit the entire password

So it's showing up as ayymgda

the very first invade of newborn Sarah

No unzips - no Sarah

is she already overleveled and not fun to play with?
you sure?

Chalice dungeons are barely better than DS2 and it doesn't take that much.
Not if you want to do Co-op, PvP or even NG+, or simply an ARC build.

>Not if you want to do Co-op
90% of my coop is in story areas
>PvP
Not interested but I assume it's the same
>NG+
How does NG+ figure into this at all?
>ARC build.
You can get your first story elemental gems after Amelia.

not him but high level pvp, NG+, and arc builds not being shit require chalice gems

>NG+ requires chalice gems
Objectively wrong
>high level pvp
By which you mean your fight club, regular players just invade with whatever gems they have at any level
>arc builds not being shit
Again, objectively wrong.

>90% of my coop is in story areas
And? Your summoner uses sotry gems too and just a single coop give a shit ton of extra health to a boss. Fighting when both players have only story gems is retarded and time consuming.
>Not interested but I assume it's the same
No, it's not.
>How does NG+ figure into this at all?
Want to go to NG+? Without chalice gems, you're fucked.
>You can get your first story elemental gems after Amelia.
And, again? Story arcane gems suck and don't show the true usefulness of an ARC build, they actually make it look worst than an average STR or SKL build.

>you can do NG+ without chalice gem
>of course, I never did, but I'm sure you can
>a-arcane builds don't require chalice gem at all
>reads: "I'm not good enough with farming them and my build is shit, but I have to justify the time I wasted creating it"

The amount of times I've died against Lady Maria when I was one or two hits away from winning is absolutely nuts. I'm so thankful this torment is over.

S-She's also kinda cute, I guess.

Phantasms are not slugs, they are nudibranchs.

>objectively wrong XDXDXD
There's no discussion to even be had if this is how you're going to be. No, of course you don't NEED chalice gems. You don't need to do anything, you can beat everything at level 4 with your fists. In order to do reasonable damage in NG+ or with an arc build you need the best and most specific gems.

Well they can fuck right off too.

Thanks for confirming you're trying to troll, I will stop replying now.

>There's no discussion to even be had if this is how you're going to be
There should be no discussion when this person states nothing but absurd lies.
>In order to do reasonable damage in NG+ or with an arc build you need the best and most specific gems.
Wrong. I did NG+ and NG++ with story gems. Not difficult at all. Try levelling up.

>doing a new run to get last achievement for killing the queen
>never get invaded
Why couldn't the invasion system in this game be more like DaS1?