>Day[9] talking about Artifact
youtube.com/watch?v=dmPookwRjDo

>SirActionSlacks talking about Artifact
youtube.com/watch?v=qFf1zQZ7Vv0&feature=youtu.be&t=3m18s

>Discord
discord.gg/KKeyCnZ

>Subreddit
/r/artifact_game/

Literally the first ever general from artifact, so I don't expect much traffic.

Hmmm

How's the gameplay?

Everything day9 said about the game:

>There are three game boards that represent the lanes.
>You control 5 heroes, just like DotA.
>You can equip item cards on to the Heroes that you buy with gold.
>There are creeps that spawn every turn
>You can play creature cards.
>You can play spells.
>Some cards are cast on the lane and have persistent effects on that lane.
>Each Hero has abilities like their DotA counterparts ("You can cast track on a Hero as Bounty Hunter and get extra Gold")

I can't wait to see more gameplay for it.
Slacks seems to be pretty honest when he was talking about it.

This a bit.

If he thought it was shit he'd have just said "I don't like card games so it's not my thing".

Nah. He's pretty much a valve employee at this point.

If he's smart he'll say he likes it no matter how bad i is.

That said, his enthusiasm seemed genuine.

You can't have a fucking general for a game that isn't out yet.

Still, from what Day9 and Slacks have said, I'm optimistic. The dev team seems to be genuinely passionate about the game, as well.

>You can't have a fucking general for a game that isn't out yet.

You can't tell me what to do, user. You're not my REAL dad.

>Three people

What the fuck

That can't be right... can it?

These are probably just the dedicated devs, people at Valve move around a lot, and I'm betting the game shares artists with the main Dota team.

Also, might as well attach an image to my post. Cyborgmatt confirmed that the leaked card image from a day or two ago was a fake, kind of impressive how fast they whipped it up, though. The talent tree gave it away.

Honestly if it's going to be for Hearthstone what Dota2 was for LoL I'm all aboard this ship.
That being said, browsing a general for a game that's not even released yet is a bit autistic, so I'll see you guys in 2018 + 5 years since time flows differently at ValveHQ.

I'm at ValveHQ right now, it's already 2022 here. Time dilation allows me to make threads from the future.

can you please not use "dota" in the OP? I feel embarrassment every time I come for d2g and this thread pops up reminding me of the existence of artifact.

>literally been up for 50 minutes
>/d2g/ is stickied, and the first thread you see no matter what
>if you're doing ctrl + f for /d2g/ you'll just type in "d2g" instead of dota anyways

What's the problem here, exactly?

What VR games did volvo release, oh mighty future man?

Or does time dilation only work the other way, in which case, how is Valve still developing games in a nuclear wasteland?

>What's the problem here, exactly?
releasing a card game in 2017

We're a clothing company now. We use steam games to advertise our hats.

>believing Matt
I'd rather ask Day9 since that fuck's apparently played it.

So has slacks

>Subreddit

It's Dota 2 assets pasted together vaguely in the shape of a card, and the picture is intentionally terrible so you can't read any of the writing

Also, "Hero Card Anatomy: Multiplayer Mode".

more info when

how can we play this game if we all die in the upcoming north korean war

It's actually coming out in 2018

The war will stop when Norks see how good artifact is

Hey guys, do you want to hear a joke?

Knock knock.

Why is there a white liquid around her mouth, if she is drinking Dr pepper? I think the artist made a mistake. Surprised no one has pointed it out, and fixed it.

Who's there?

Nyx.

Nyx, who?

Artifact showmatch tonight.

SCREENSHOT THIS.

>we're not talking about Artifact any more during TI

It's either Artifact or new hero or it's a fucking fan-match, 10v10 old allstar match style

What time is the showmatch

>supporting this blatant cash grab
You retards are literally dying to slurp the cum off gaben's microdick huh? How in gods name is literally anyone looking forward to this fucking dota skinned pachinko machine that will surely cost 2.50 a key for a loot box that unlocks one random hero card. You make me sick. Delete this general and delete yourself too

except cards are going to be free, blizzdrone.

>no argument
>calls me a blizzdrone
Hope you enjoy your shitty gachapon that has literally 3 devs working on it, probably some interns they pulled from making TF2 hats

>Guy who worked on UT
>Doublefine employee
>Creative Director of the first 3 Saints Row games

They're not the highest caliber Valve devs, but they're still experienced.

>also doesn't have an argument

Remember when people thought Dota 2 would charge for heroes?

source?

They said the same thing about hearthstone.

There's a reason so many companies are making card games and it isn't because they aren't selling.

>2 years from now
>robots have taken over Dota
>all the humans have to move to Artifact

this is going to happen.

Are you seriously that butthurt that Mobas are on the way out and digital CCGs are the wave of the future?

It can also be considered as a MOBA. Sort of. From what we know. It has three "lanes" or "boards" that you can interact with.

Yeah, it's definitely inspired by them. I was mostly making fun of someone getting that mad that a game exists they don't want to play.

I'm actually excited about the game. Watching every day for more info and an opportunity to sign up for the closed beta. Hoping to get in early and try to get good enough to go pro.

Same. Browsing the subreddit and the discord, hoping for the love of god day9 drops some info.

LOL

Hearthstone needs to be killed.

Really want to see gameplay.

It won't be killed but it might be bumped out of the lead or at least have real competition and Blizz will be forced to make it a better game.

So, how dissapointed are we gonna be after this "special presentation"?

2 heroes and a new card game?

Pretty hype.

This.

hear hear.

I'm gradually becoming optimistic. I'll probably try it, on the grounds that at the very least it should expand the DotA lore a bit.

so how is that dota lore?

card games are literally cancer because u have to buy all the new cards every few months
I dont even feel like opening hearthstone anymore, cuz the burden of knowledge + the one on the wallet is getting too high for me to enjoy it anymore
so if this shit will be free with some cosmetics on top it might be good

>have to buy all the new cards every few months
If you're playing seriously enough to feel like you NEED to buy every decent new card, you should be playing enough to be able to create every card you want. Hearthstone is also probably the most grindy CCG around in terms of how much you have to play to get more cards.

Also, in Hex, Pokemon TCG Online, and probably some others, you can actually trade, and in Hex you can literally buy and sell cards for cash so you can sell off other cards to offset any cards you do end up buying.

Since it'll presumably be connected to Steam accounts, Steam may just make a one-account-per-person rule and allow trading. And then all bets are off.

>trading card games
>trading
>because u have to buy all the new cards every few months
Just trade them.