/fg/ - Falcom General #43

Previous Thread: Comfy edition

>Trails of Cold Steel PC out now:

store.steampowered.com/app/538680/
gog.com/game/legend_of_heroes_trails_of_cold_steel_the

>A version of the old Zero no Kiseki fan translation was leaked:

mega.nz/#!LM4Hxb5J!0LrSUQF0yPjveDVPLSSn3Xq1i_tSwvqXHIU9Rzd3fiE

Don't forget to support the games and spoiler the spoilers!

>Latest news

- Trails of Cold Steel III's on track for Japanese release on September 28th of this year, confirmed PS4 exclusive. News/article translations: gematsu.com/tag/the-legend-of-heroes-trails-of-cold-steel-iii

- Short CS3 TV ad: youtube.com/watch?v=NYaV_GNqyCo

- Class VII's back: imgur.com/a/Pw4Cp

- New CS III scans: imgur.com/a/YnoXU

- Trails of Cold Steel II confirmed for PC release:
gematsu.com/2017/07/legend-heroes-trails-cold-steel-pc-launches-august-2

- Cold Steel PC guest blogs (written by port programmer Durante, of DSFix fame):
xseedgames.tumblr.com/post/163454030210/loh-trails-of-cold-steel-pc-guest-blog-2-from
xseedgames.tumblr.com/post/163720373505/loh-trails-of-cold-steel-pc-guest-blog-3-from

- Ys Seven coming to PC, trailer/info: gematsu.com/2017/07/ys-seven-pc-first-details-trailer-screenshots

- Zwei II coming to PC via XSEED (Summer), preview stream: youtube.com/watch?v=3gVOBPNrNgU

- Tokyo Xanadu out on Vita, improved EX+ version on PS4/PC scheduled for late 2017

>Older news

- Check out these Trails FC & SC updates, re: translation improvements (xseedgames.tumblr.com/post/159288714430/the-legend-of-heroes-trails-series-localization)

- Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana brought by NISA. Please complain to Falcom, not XSEED (they're upset about it too). Good Japanese grammar is extremely recommended.

Pastebin (aka music): pastebin.com/G2mswYCt

REMOVE CS remove CS
you are worst game. you are the game idiot you are the game smell. return to erebonia. to our erebonia cousins you may come our country. you may live in the zoo….ahahahaha ,rean we will never forgeve you. cetnik rascal FUck but fuck asshole protagonist stink rean sqhipere shqipare..CS cast genocide best day of my life. take a bath of dead protagonist..ahahahahahREAN WE WILL GET YOU!! do not forget crossbell .alisa we kill the protagonist , alisa return to your precious erebonia….hahahahaha idiot rean and alisa smell so bad..wow i can smell it. REMOVE CS FROM THE PREMISES. you will get caught. lloyd+randy+tio+ellie=kill cs cast…you will crossbell/ lloyd alive in crossbell, lloyd helping in crossbell . we are rich and independent now hahahaha ha because of lloyd… you are ppoor stink cs cast… you live in a hovel hahahaha, you live in a brothel

lloyd alive numbr one #1 in crossbell ….fuck the cs cast ,..FUCKk ashol cs cast no good i spit in the mouth eye of ur group and company. lloyd aliv and real strong top protagonist kill all the cs cast farm aminal with protagonist magic now we the lloyd rule .ape of the zoo producer kondo san fukc the great satan and lay egg this egg hatch and cs cast wa;s born. stupid baby form the eggn give bak our clay we will crush u lik a skull of pig. Crossbell greattst game

Fie is ugly.

I just can't justify paying full price for Ys VIII unless it's physical. No review mentions base ps4 performance, is it a solid 1080p 60fps as advertised or is that performance pro only? Any of you importer anons know?

There's a physical release, it really is solid 1080p/60 FPS even on a normal PS4 (PS4 Pro supports 4K resolution and that's it). The only times you'll really get FPS drops at all in VIII PS4 are the night dungeons and the new domination battles, and only mild ones. It runs very very smoothly in general.

Fie is for Machias
Spoiler image is a pretty handy Veeky Forums tool you should be accustomed to using.

>AO spoilers
>Posts a spoiler pic like a fucking retard without spoiling it

I forgot to use it, double retarded.

Thank you, looks like I'm buying it day one on PS4

Machias is ugly too. Their kids will be ugly too.

Delete the post then.

How likely is it that Xseed gets outbid for the Coldsteel III localization? I worry over how my waifu Sara will take the news.

Also about the spoiler.

Ao Spoilers
Of course it'll be brought back, or used in some way, they wouldn't have made her an Anguis if not for that. I don't expect it to happen so soon though, since the core for Demi took forever to happen, and while they do know the method to make it work now, we don't know if it would be able to be worked on that fast. Plus i assume there's no need for it just yet.

Is it even possible to win the Sigmund boss fight at the start of chapter 4 in Ao within the time limit?

Calvard when?

It's possible but you're gonna have to minx/max a bit i think. Skip every single animation possible too, and have a dodge tank to make things easier.

Pre-order her game and give her back her Crossbell.

She will show up at Red Light District

>nord highlands map
what were they thinking exactly

One more month left, Rean. One month until you face your past and realize yourself. You may have a choice in the matter – but like all games in our world, the choice in front of you is misleading.

Think about your adventures so far.

You’ve seen many battlefields by now. You’ve come to understand the danger, the risk of those places. Every man on the battlefield eventually knows what risk they are taking. So the jaegers, and the terrorists, and the militia, and the soldiers at mess, and the soldiers at posts, and the soldiers asleep, and the soldiers attentive, are all fair game.

Remember little Gideon? He had a good idea of what he was in for when he boarded the airship that would take him to Orchis Tower. The grandfather of young Ambrust wouldn’t have agreed with what was going to happen because of his opposition – but he was certainly expecting it. Young Ambrust wasn’t expecting the Vermillion Apocalypse – but his dead man’s laugh betrayed a lack of hope for his own future.

It’s all a game. The Gamble. Everyone pays their stake. The survivors counts their stacks of medals and titles with a winning-streak prayer, but that is how it is. We are all told it was fair, how life works, no different from why the sky is blue. Only a sore loser doesn’t clap for their opponent's victory.

The reality of war does not work that way.

As a young officer straight out of Thors, leading my recruits with their silly ears sticking from their ridiculous haircuts, barking at them for their mistakes in drills, it occurred to me that these people would never, ever understand what they were in for before it was too late. Really, half of them believed with innocent pride that they were invincible and the other half didn't understand the finality of death.

Rean, you would believe that it’s not right to take money from a man who doesn’t understand what money is, no?

Yes but you'll need good planning and almost zero margin for errors. You should be able to find a guide online.

I feel sorry for you guys who played CS without turbo mode.

Is this autism?

>cold steel
>thinking

No it's the best part of these threads.

Same thing as with Zeiss plains.
At least you've got turbo mode and the best overworld track in trails

>started CS
>ojou falls with her tits on Rean's face then kyaaa hentaii *slap* scene not even an hour in

this is kinda disappointing after playing 3rd and Zero on a row

But as for me, my awakening was in that basement. In the catacombs, I realized that the cards were cut so that the winners were decided before the game started. The characters hadn't known what they were going to draw, so they assumed that no-one did.
Most sane men in a game who think that it is a fix do something very simple: They throw down their hand and leave the table. They retire.

The world moves on without them. After all, the game is exciting. Your Ogre had his fun, did he not?

You couldn’t accept it at all. It wasn’t fair, it wasn’t what you had been taught.

Isn’t that why you joined the Thors faculty? You couldn’t believe in what options were around you and couldn’t accept yourself as a bracer. Thors gave you again a sense of right and wrong, of justice and purpose, of companionship.

But it isn’t the right way for you. And being a bracer is the same problem when we dig down into it.

Beliefs cannot be borrowed. You, and you alone Rean, must search for yours and contemplate them. You must face yourself and start searching.

Perhaps that will take you on a lonely path, one that will find you few people you can absolutely trust.

But unless you do, you will never settle your past. You will never be able to say whole heartedly that you want to live. To accept yourself, even forgive yourself. After all, life is worth living! Even if you hurt in it, even if it hurts you.

So long as you are lost, you will fight and fight and fight without truly understanding the meaning behind the secret and overt conflicts of our age. You will continue to react, not actually making the masterminds react to you.

Your true role will be to confront all the shadows who play games with lives and hearts, to understand what they have planned. To hear the confessions. Every conspiracy, every victim left on the trail of their plots, everything.

It's the only thing you can do for the casualties of their - and my – and your - dirty war.

>Osborneposting

man, it's been a while

Oh god, what?

Never saw the issue with the Nord map, you could travel across the areas quite fast with the horse. The only bad part about that story arc was the focus on muh wind and his family.

Don't worry everything will be resolved. After an entire chapter that is.

mid term really got her real good.

>travel to the end
>travel to the other end
>travel back and forth twice for a sidequest
>travel back again for a book
It wasn't nearly fast enough

>focusing on a character's background and beliefs is bad
I'm sorry what?

At least Gaius is rather chill guy.

It was a bit disappointing but it gets resolved pretty quickly compared to other stuff with that trope.

I want to hit Alan across the room with a flying kick.

Yeah the village and their traditions were actually pretty comfy, a nice contrast to Erebonia and other places that had rampant growth after the Orbal Revolution.
I wouldn't be surprised if we visit them again as part of a future Calvard/Erebonia conflict.

Stop being so harsh on the guy.

He is better than Jusis and Machias, I guess.

A good NTR setup.

>I get an umbrella too

Top cozy. When it rained in Ao, your party didn't get to have an umbrella but all the NPCs did.

Yeah, that was neat.

Umbrellas are for little girls.

>tfw you will never feel the warmth of emma's emmas on your back when horse riding
i can't hold back any longer even if i want to

Does the (SR) mean anything?

Sexy Rare

Super rare.

Daily reminder that I am going to impregnate Elie

Why couldn't Fie grow up to be like her?

Crazy?

She just enjoys what she does

Inferior genes.

I love these two so much

She's perflat enough

Fuck off Lloyd

Dear sweet god, why are back attacks so broken in Cold Steel? I'm literally getting 12 turns before the enemy gets even one.

How do Aions and Pater-Mater compare to Divine Knights and Soldats?

Didn't Aions have to be boosted by Kea in order to make Garellia vanish and all that other stuff?

Though even without that they're pretty tough I guess since they destroyed a Stigma-boosted Merkabah.

I'd assume Aion>Divine Knight>Pater-Mater>>>Soldat

Orbal Gear above or beneath Soldats? The initial one seemed weak, but the one in Ao seemed pretty good. CS3's looks like Ao's didn't even happen.

Finally reached Chapter 2 in Zero. Chapter 1 was a borefest to me, but with Renne appearing and other stuff now happening it might get more interesting. Kinda same feel I had with FC.
Randy's Crash Bomb is ridiculous by the way. Who thought its good idea to make it that good?

Well every single game in the series is a slow burn, so it's normal. Also yeah, Randy's grenade is excellent.

i'd make her my private semen deposit.

my private cock sheath

>it might get more interesting
It won't. Chapter 2 is pretty boring as well.
Ch3 is ok.

>ch2
>boring

Yeah. Just like chapter 1. I feel like Zero has the weakest start in the series. Even FC was more interesting, but it's just my opinion.

>Who thought its good idea to make it that good
They just decided not to hold back.

FC only gets interesting when you get to Ruan.

It's probably because, especially on higher difficulties, when enemies do start getting turns they hit harder than most of your party members. Field attacks were rebalanced a little in II, but their main goal is still to give you a chance to nuke before the enemy can. With most trash combat seemingly designed around quick resolution, it's unsurprising.

>Tower of Stargaze
>Heiyue
>the whole end of the chapter
I'll give you chapter 1 but this won't slide

FC was the most boring start ever especially since there's so many irrelevant thins you do. Zero is slow but you get involved in the plot pretty fast.

I dunno. Maybe I just overhyped the game for myself since everyone was screaming how good it was for years, so my expectations were too high. The whole game overall wasn't that great desu.

I liked FC right from the start. It was comfy.

Why do you want everything to start with fireworks?

This stimulates my neurons

I wish she were 2D. Would be perfect.

I liked chapter 2 a lot both during my first playthrough and during the Nightmare mode run earlier this year.

>playing EVN

Why is it that when you beat Duvalie in CS2, she goes crazy and instakills you, but in Ao, she calmly lets you pass?

Too much bullying.

Or not enough?

You ever bully someone hard enough they freak the fuck out?

She's weirdly simple when you strike the right spots.

post crossovers

Well her "lady" was there waiting for then at the top of the tower, and she wanted to aid the SSS in her own way, so she probably told the others to test them.

Plus she hadn't been bullied all that much just yet.

HUH

I'll be finished with CS some time soon, what do I play next? CS2 or TitS FC? Also, is the Evo version better? I kinda dont like the new artstyle but I read it has more content.

out of universe reason: Her personality as a womanchild with temper issues hadn't been established yet.

in universe reason: Everything was going according to plan even if she lost, SSS seemed to be considered more respectable than class 7, and there wasn't an Arseid, someone that triggers her for some reason as part of their group.

You should play FC next, the biggest change of the Evo version is that everything is fully voiced. There are several smaller changes, I don't know how many though.

Remember when Falcom games were good?

Is Laura wearing shorts now?

Evo has ugly portraits and remixed music though.

Also the cliff hanger for CS is pretty crazy, you'll probably just want to jump into the sequel

Thanks, I guess it really depends on the cliffhanger at the end. Is there no new postgame content in the evo version then? If so, Ill stick to the normal one.

this is your husbando tonight

Adult Rean is much more handsome, so I'll pick him instead thank you.

Between Joshua, Lloyd and Rean, Llyod has my favourite design.