Craigslist interaction thread

Post wacky convo screencaps. Pic related, the average Camaro owner

This was just now, what an ass

Ah, the ever so common "I know wut I got" craigslist boomer
>he's white or hispanic and older than 50
>he's most likely overweight
>he knows next to nothing about auto mechanics/engineering
>but he used to have one just like it back in 1978 and it made all the girls wet when he revved up that 383 with the edelbrock manifold and muh glasspacks
>so he knows wut he got

>ha
lmao, he knows you're right

>offered a guy $14k cash a little while back for a 135i. told him it was the highest ill go since he said he will not accept anything under 14.
>"can you do 14.3?" as in $300 more dollars.
>"....glws"
>"im gonna try ebay
>puts it up for 18k on ebay. zero bids auction ended.

this tottaly 130% happened, boomers are delusional

I'd have just taken it, yes it feels degrading to go above your highest but it saves the hassle of looking & waiting. If you really liked it I wouldn't have lost it. You probably didn't care that much though because you were willing to let it go over $300, so no harm done.

Did you ever get a 1 series? I kinda want one to wrench on but I'm scared of electronical bells and whistles. Guess I'll find an E30

kek'd

what a fucking retard.

I always just treat this as a huge red flag. If they really want to sell the car/bike and there's no major glaring issues, they should have no issues providing the VIN. Conversely, when I see an ad where they actually listed the VIN, I instantly mentally file that under "this guy isnt selling a pile of crap or (at least) he's being honest about the pile of crap he's selling"

>uses an iphone
Wew. I knew there was supposed to be a retard on one side of the conversations, but both sides really is a 2 for.

What good is a VIN if you can't really look up an accurate report unless you pay up?

CL should make it mandatory sellers buy a carfax and post it on the ad.

>selling piece of shit hyundai for $300
>keep getting messages from retards
>prajesh patel: i giv u 50 doler today yes
>10 minutes later
>ok 80 doller sir
>get 10 messages that follow this exact format every day

>What good is a VIN if you can't really look up an accurate report unless you pay up?
I'd rather pay the $ for a Carfax instead of paying $$$ to fix a car I bought without checking the VIN on...ounce of prevention vs a pound of cure and all that

>tries to negotiate in texts
>t5 is weak for some reason
>going to swap in a hydraulic clutch gearbox that isn't any tougher than a t5 instead of straight swapping a tougher t5
>gets butthurt after being rejected
Just lol

>T5 isn't weak
Kill yourself stupidposter

My 25yo t5 has put down 350rwhp for a few years with no worries. There's hundreds of versions, so maybe you got a shit one.

if you didnt get butthurt and respond with an essay, actually went to talk to him face to face you might have gotten a bit of a discount

but no, assmad Veeky Forumstism kicks in and you cuck yourself

>t. gen 3 camaro owner and boomer

He's an hour away faggt

>Tries to Jew
>Jew denied
>Oyyyyyy Veyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!
>Posts on Veeky Forums pitty party

>t. serbian double-jew bluff erwige jewmer (boomer jew)

Selling a friends Jetta for him while he was living abroad. He wanted 2400 firm to pay off some debt. This guy called me, and immediately started trying to bully me into selling for 2000 before even asking questions. I ended up getting 2700 for it 2 days later.

1/3

2/3

3/3

>$4500 for a manual 383 stroker Camaro
>Jewing anyone

I had a harley for sale, and i had 1 guy who went full boomer

(Keep in mind, this was a 22 year old bike that had parts swapped on it, new drive train, but showed its age cosmetically. I was selling it for 3k at the time).

>im buying it for my wife
>that fender is gonna cost me 1k
>you dont know the exact specs and vin of the new motor off hand? You dont know what you got.
>its gonna cost 2k to repaint it
>ive rode harleys for 30 years
>i know what you got
>SON
>Ill give you 1k, thats all its worth.
Sold it for 2500 a week later.

135i's are greatly under appreciated, better be the dual clutch though

>what is VIN check thread

Fuck I dealt with this when I was trying to sell my POS $600 civic. Like fuck no retard I'm not selling a running car for $200 I could get more if I scrapped it.

Have a car for $1400

>will you do 1000 if I pay cash

>being this autistic you sent him an essay after he said he could care less if u buy it
lmao

>not agreeing and making the pajeet drive to some random address and never showing up

>i know wut I gots don't lowball me

I sold it for 100 above my asking price you brainlet.

Did you look at the car before enegotiating price? If not wtf.

This. Had an 03 explorer with an od light (bad servo sleeve). 140k on the odo. Explained everything in detail in the ad. 1000$ list... 300$ offers from indignant rednecks daily.

Ignore all offers if they're not in person?? Still sell my car no problem if I want.. it's getting people to show that sucks sometimes. Who TF really wants to dick a seller down without seeing the vehicle.

Plus all the redundant questions.
>location?
>whats wrong with it?
>what motor is in it?
>is it 4x4?

When was the last time someone was actually running them? I thought vinbro died or some shit.

>will u trade for [absolute piece of garbage]
>get angry when i refuse

I got offered 300$ and an old dog for my explorer. I wish i was joking.

>be me
>try to by e31
>its clean
>minor interior shit but body is good
>I want it for project
>owner has ocd
>calls me 100 times and hangs up
>texts me the number 1 20 times
>owner texts me to disregard the texts and call
>texts me price in words 10 times
>I go to buy the car
>I buys it
In his defense he told me he has the issue and if I get a shit ton of texts to just disregard and I got a discount for being so understanding. Bro doing the paperwork was fucking insane though he was like clicking the pen 20 times after each word

VINBro is RIP user.
Shall we remember him as the hero he was

>cash
Do they think I take credit cards?

I lol'd. I knew a guy with OCD, shit's ridiculous.

you are a good person

Cashiers Checks/money orders exist too...

>looking for motorcycles in between $0-4000 price range
>THAT ONE FUCKING ASSHOLE who posts 45 consecutive ads for his beat-to-shit used ATV battery

I'm driving everything I have into the ground rather than putting it on CL. The last one I sold for $1000, I had people offering me goats, Xboxes, and wanted to set up $20/wk payments. I'd rather drive it until it almost doesn't move and hope the scrap yard will give me $.01/lb before I CL again.

i think they mean, picking it up asap, as in meeting up and buying it within the day

you acutally have no idea what you're talking about

Enlighten me

>asked $2400
>the buyer gave me an extra $100 just cause I was such a great salesmen
Lmao

first of all, theres 2 T5 transmissions. the regular one, which can't hold very much torque at all, and the world class T5. the WC t5 is in the v8 foxbody, some 305 camaros (depends on options, some also have regular t5s) you get the idea. the WC t5 can handle a little bit of extra power, but the regular t5 after about 300~ tq just gets destroyed even if you're gentle, and hard shifts just straight up destroy it. iirc the torque rating on the world class t5 is 330. if you have a modern bog warner t5/WC t5 then sure, but any of the old stock t5's that aren't built then they're going to break eventually and there's no way your transmission is in good shape.

btw, transmissions are rated by torque not horsepower.

also i'm pretty tired but i hope someone will appreciate that in my stupor this sounds like a rambling boomer forum post

>burger delusion: The post

you're actually retarded

OK so I'm in sales and there are strong negotiating techniques and ones that will get you laughed out the door.

Guess which one you chose.

Also you're a real passive aggressive prick and I know you wouldn't be able to look the guy in the eyes and say a tenth of what you're writing you mighty keyboard warrior. You truly are a pussy.

Get denied and sperg out before even seeing the car. Guaranteed wouldn't say shit in person

>OK so I'm in sales
lmao kill yourself loser

>asking “what’s the absolute lowest you are will sell”

bought 4 cars off craigslist

Wat kinda goats.

ya like dags

>measures torque in mysterious new tq unit
>"let me tell you about your shitbox"

Not him, but I've seen people abbreviate horsepower and lbf*ft of torque as Xhp/Ytq

And I once watched a video where a guy wrapped his cock in alimimium foil and stuck the end in a power socket.

Is this dumb because the offer is too low or because of the "if I pay cash" thing? Sorry I r brainlet

Thank you dear God for someone like you existing. I'm sorry you have to deal with this level of ignorance beyond your explanation.

Give us some tips

>these texts
Why are 56%ers so rude to each other?

I BLESS THE RAIN DOWN IN AFRICAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Normally, you say "I'll pay cash" if it's gonna be for a vehicle over 15k, since you'll usually need a loan anyways.

So I'd say "I'll give you 13k cash right now" because I wouldn't have to wait for a loan pre-approval or anything. It speeds up the process.
Now, it doesn't work for cars at $1400 because you don't need a loan.

Once you hit city limits the US turns into Mad Max.

Good to know. If you had a car for 1500 and someone offered you 1000, would you feel insulted? A guy who lived off selling shit on craigslist told me to never offer less than 70% of the original price because it would insult the seller. Is this true or is it only true for boomers?

I mean, usually 70% is the cutoff for big-ticket items like cars and stuff

shut the fuck up and stop being a cunt

>planning to sell unmolested 06 lbz with 40k miles for ~$30k
>not mentally prepared for retarded lowballers/trades or people whining about a 30k 12yo truck

I have all the prices in the ad. $90 is less than what I'm asking, plus that would be free shipping. I am giving this kid a discount, and he still says that might be "over budget"
If you don't have the money, don't fucking respond to my ad