Turbo 4cyls

Why do people like these laggy pieces of shit?
>put foot on the throttle
>nothing nothing nothing noth- OH THERES THE POWER
>torque finally shows up to the party and uselessly spins the tires
>reduce throttle to get your grip back
>you reach 5500 and now the power drops off even as the revs increase
>you're already redlining at 6500 and barely had any time to enjoy the gear
>you've lost boost in the fifth of a second it took you to change gears and have to wait on the power again
No response, no linearity, no low-end, no top-end, no revs, all midrange and nothing else. If you don't have the displacement to spin up the turbo quickly just give me a supercharger or an NA engine.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NYL98zcjEyk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

There's two things that should be an absolute no-go for car guys:
>going below 6 cylinders
>fwd

yeah they're shit for launching but they're fun as fuck on backroads and fucking move once you get traction

It's the exact opposite with modern small turbo engines. The turbo's on them are so smol that the turbo is already spooled up slightly after idle. So it feels more like a diesel. I don't like them in winter, too much torque. Mazdaspeeds are just trash.

It's not 1993 anymore, turbo4's have come a long way.

>WRX
>twin scroll turbo
>power available from 2000rpm all the way up to the redline
>no lag whatsoever

Can't really do much about that last point unless you're an autocuck or you like WOT powershifting/have a dog box/are a faggot.

I nearly forgot
>sound like absolute shit unless you have a badge that says Abarth

What if you have rwd and less than 4 cylinders but each cylinder displaces 7 liters

you hacked the system

Or AMG

Why aren't enormous low cylinder count engines common
>Muh vibration
Just use a balance shaft
Imagine the ridiculous torks of an 8 litre 3 or 4 cylinder

What's this car? Are these exhaust port in the side of the engine ?

>have 8 liter 3 cyl
>step on gas
>wait 5 minutes to start moving because the crankshaft weighs 1.4 metric tons

The beast of Turin.
Exhaust manifolds are for pussies

>turbo 4cyls
>Why do people like these laggy pieces of shit?

youtube.com/watch?v=NYL98zcjEyk

please kindly btfo ok

6.3 liter 4 cylinders rev fine and weight 300lbs.

My car has a 3 cylinders 1.0 L engine and I never had this problem. The 14kgm torque appears by 1500rpm.

Modern turbo cars aren't laggy at all, especially the new ones being made that are electronical driven to spool quicker. As for the delay, dual clutch transmission. Power continues pretty much constantly. But I agree that MS3's are shit.

>that feel when supercharged

Not all of them. I drove a Fiat 124 and a new MX-5 back to back. It's no wonder every publication prefers the latter, that 1.4 turbo is completely lethargic under 3000 RPM.

>tfw no jetta vr6
feelsbad.jp

you must be 18 to post on this website

>200hp and the weight of a LS

yeah sign me up.

The fiat was probably broken.

*Blocks your path*

True. Not all of them. But seriously, a 1.4 liter? Are you a eurocuck?
VR6 is a meme engine.

iron block

hhhnnnn, do you feel my oh so manly displacement yet?

No. Otherwise I would have said something like "wow this is so much better than my 1.0L punto!"

Now I'm wondering the average streched cooch volume is. I don't think 1.4 liters is out of the realm of possibility.

True. But seriously keep it above 1.8L. I mean turbos need at least some exhaust to get going.

op rekt

learn how to shift you inbreed retard

HEY GUYS I THINK TURBO 4 CYL CARS ARE DUMB BECAUSE IVE ONLY EVER DRIVEN SLOW ONES

>torque finally shows up to the party and uselessly spins the tires
>reduce throttle to get your grip back
I have a MS3. Good tyres and suspension setup fixes this.
>you've lost boost in the fifth of a second it took you to change gears and have to wait on the power again
Maybe if your parents weren't related you would have the mental capacity to know how to shift faster. Try finger-banging your sister less and practising gear changes more. Just because it's not your uncle/dad's auto C4, doesn't mean everything else is shit.

> Thinks an EK9 isn't a drivers car

Speed 3s are good with mods. NA models suck and have no power. These things are good in the hills or tracks. Its OK stock but way better with a few mods

You picked a bad example, mazdaspeed 3 builds boost quick as fuck

>speed3
>lag

Please do some research before posting

there's no reason, unless you're poor, to own a 4 cyl

what tires and suspension? i need to fix mine

Busrider: the post

>kg
lmao, what do you drive? a power wheels jeep?

speeds 3 and 6 tend to throw rods if you floor them under 3k aka Zoom Zoom Boum

Yea but that would happen with any engine. speed 3 one is built by ford so you can't expect greatness.

Had my speed6 for 4 years at 20psi, stock rods doing fine, stop spouting bullshit about cars you've never driven.

Anything but the stock Dunlops. I run 7.5"" Kumho KU39's, stock springs and Koni FSD shocks that have some sort of black magic fuckery that prevents weight from shifting to the rear from a launch.

quit lugging your engines

>when you're turbo 5cyl master race

fuck with my smooth power curve

This, nearly all V8 engines sound good in their own ways. Only a select few turbo I4 engines sound good

Suzuki Swift?

"I really enjoy listening to my injectors at idle," said no BMW driver ever.

Nice /p/.

Just got a used Volvo C30 T5, the turbo i5 is pretty nice. Gets 230bhp.