Give me one good reason why i shouldnt buy this car

>extremely fuel efficient
>very low maintenance, cheap parts and is extremely easy to work on
>reliable

It's not most of those things

Or is it?

The only thing that's correct is that it's easy to work on. But the economy is poor for 26 hp because it's a 50 y/o two stroke design, it requires a good bit of maintenance, and it's not actually that reliable, it's only as easy to fix as a lawn mower when it breaks down frequently.

You're better off buying a garden tractor and driving that around

>buying a commie garbage car

Now you are thinking like a hipster!

Check it for rust because these fuckers like to rot under their duroplast and try to get a late one with the VW engine.

>wanting to convert from 2 to 4 strokes
Thats heresy!

Just get a reliant
>Sort of decent fuel efficiency
>Fairly easy to work on
>Funnier than the trabant and has less wheels.
How can you compete for QUIRKS with less wheels?

but then you have to deal with Mr. Bean constantly running you off the road

And falling over sideways

Depends, do you live in yurop where it's easy to get parts for one, or elsewhere?

Hell no

The Trabant is a terrible car built by communists.

It is great for a grocery shop trip if you live in a small town.

You cannot take that thing on the freeway. It would be suicide.

WhY? Id do it.

Cheap reliable and low maintenace is only applicable to corollas

Everything else you can only have 2 of the 3

It's fuel economy is average compared to new cars and its reliability is mediocre at best

It is very easy to fix and has a lot of potential as a project car, so if you can get one cheap definitely go for it, though unless you're in europe that would be unlikley

>very low maintenance
>reliable
Mate.

vw bug
60s roadsters
mini cooper
jeeps
any small 60s car

If I were going to piss my money away on an ironic Euro shitbox I'd probably get a Citroen Dyan, at least it's got a little character.
Or an Ami, that'd be really wacky and attention grabbing.

because a MK3 VW diesel Golf has to much power and doesn't smoke enough ... um

no

sorry I can't

You could buy a much roomier and more fuel efficient car for less money. And it would have a four stroke engine so it does need more maintenance. But it is still cheaper and more reliable.

Just how big is a trabant?

around the size of a geo metro

I honestly don't understand the cult behind the Trabant. A hammered made plastic car with not even one good aspect about it. For fuel efficiency, low maintenance, some sort of reliability and for the same size you can look out for an old Mini

Its just kind of cool, you know?

That bitch can fuckin FLY

Would you use it as a daily car?

It looks distinctive, doesn't rust much, and is hella cheap for a classic car. That's about it.

It's distinctive, 'I'll give you that, it does rust a lot. And, well, for how much are you willing to pay for a potato with an "engine"?

Yeah

Go ahead buy it. After a month you'll understand.

The steel frame underneath the plastic can and will rust. Same issue with reliant scimitars. Non galvanized chassis under plastic body = moisture trap = rot from the inside out so whilst it doesn't look rusty it will fall apart without much warning

>very low maintenance
fuck you

fuck you

it's easy to work on and fuel efficiency is okay, obviously because it's a tiny engine and the car is light. it is absolutely not realible though. that's why everybody had all possible spare parts with them when they went on vacation somewhere.

>drives like shit
>unfun
>retarded slavshit brainlets think easy to fix is reliable
>overpriced to shit and back
>only americans think its worth shit
only get it if you live in europe where you can get it for 100 eur from factory and intend to use it to race in the slavshit league and want a car with no aftermarket.

For anything else other than maybe being a retarded american poser posing to other retarded americans talking about quircks on the car, it is a massive piece of shit that should be crushed.

t. east euro.

Would they be somewhat acceptable with an Austin 1100 engine
Has a QUIRK that is the side mounted radiator
Benefits:
>Reliable
>Cheap parts
>Very good fuel efficiency
>Good tunability and torque as standard because long stroke

>Trabant
>reliable
лoл кeк чeбypeк

>be post war audi employee
>all good engineers flee from Ivan and move to the west
>Ivan says :"yuo of buildings two stroke now"
>no steel because Ivan took it all to mother russia so you build cars from waste
>not even nature knows how to deal with this shit so the body never rots, reminding you that hell was a place on earth
>it's a horrific shitheap of a car but at least it's something in a desolate commie shithole
>50 years later american teenagers want to drive your cars for the maximum hipster effect

a few simple mods

>Transmission explodes
This is the biggest issue with engine swaps on underpowered cars when you don't change the gearbox as well. I guess a fiat Punto gearbox would fit. In which case a panda 4x4 one should fit, in which case 105hp AWD trabant?

>105hp AWD trabant
sure why not Fiat Punto Grama in nit

>fuel efficient
But its really not, sure it doesn't take a lot of fuel but for the power it makes it gets horrible fuel economy. As would be expected from a 60 year old two stroke engine design.

You have to weight it down with cement bag whenever the wind goes over 10mph; and angle steeper than 10° is a challenge to be reckoned with.

Fuck off Doug.

Theres a bunch of rally Trabants, do they swap the engine or do they just tune the stock one?

Both. They make tuned exhaust pipes(2 stroke) and racing spec engine versions that make about 40 hp

Rally cars don't usually last that long without stuff being replaced or repaired all the time. To try and use it as a daily driver is different to build a race car

Get it man. You won't regret it.
Take good care of it and save an amazing piece of history. Don't forget to keep us posted.

Why not overbore the engine, port it, use bigger carbs and a resonance exaust?
That is basicly what they did to the ralley version...

why not get a maluch ? cheaper, rr layout, cool sound, tiny, looks better, more reliable and it had an actually positive impact on history

>Routinely checks fuel levels with a dipstick

You dipstick

It had better come with some Vodka.

>2 stroke surrounded by plastic
I'm sure the fumes will be great. Get an old fiat or mini rather than risk passing out in a soviet deathtrap

>Routinely checks fuel levels with a dipstick
Nah, just refuel at a certain intervall.

We aren't caveman anymore, we can use technology and create some kind a small magnetic floating device that can approximately tell how much fuel is left.

> 105 horsepower

you might as well drive a pt loser

You do know that the trabant weights almost nothing?

>reliable
lmao
>bad gas/outside temp/whatewer causes carb to work like shit
>tune carb once
>no idle
>tune carb twice
>high idle
>tune carb again
>unstable idle
>tune carb again
>Ok idle but carb shat on your spark plugs
>replace plugs
>carb vaccuum leak
>rebuild carb
>coolant leak
>fix coolant
>oil leak
>fix oil
>diff oil leak
>fix diff
>brake leak
>fix brakes
>car tries to do a 180 if you slam the brakes
>no abs only shitty brake force distributor try to tune that suka blyat
>winter comes, -20 outside
>car wont start

Commie shitboxes never again

Keked. Many thanks user

>buys a fuel gauge from the trabant s deluxe
Thats the gayest car ive ever seen. Does it come with fruit scented air freshener?

26 hp actually

Because it won't actually get you the validation you crave.

Yeah thats just like my 2 stroke slovenian moped i bought off some redneck for 200 bucks. That whole list can be accomplished in like five minutes, i just use premium fuel and blow out the carburetor with air every now and then and cook the oil out of the exhaust. Nobody can handle a 2 stroke like i can

Very slow and very dangeruos

>imagine being this insecure
do you think about dicks often, user?

Nope, i think about beating pussy up. Hey should i paint pic related on my trabant?

funny meme.

It's a plastic box that breaks down and gives you cancer

>Ivan says :"yuo of buildings two stroke now"
it's funny because that's probably exactly what happened.