/mhg/ - Monster Hunter General

MH6 4K uncanny valley edition

>Monster Hunter: World
-MH:World revealed for PS4 and Xbox One early 2018, and eventually PC. youtube.com/watch?v=xe-RAeDfOMM
↳Information with sources: pastebin.com/TRFRGFn1
↳Weapon Intros: youtube.com/playlist?list=PL_ALSpmx2A8sAdeuYKMnrCt0xCpwPyPbC
↳Gameplay 7/28: youtube.com/watch?v=m81XclDe5Dc

>News
-Monster Hunter XX Nintendo Switch Ver. confirmed for 8/25 in Japan, region free. Demo out now. youtube.com/watch?v=Urb9cJcwAUA
↳No current plans for XX localization "at this time". twitter.com/monsterhunter/status/875133030326652928
-Monster Hunter Stories comes out 9/8. Demo out now. youtube.com/watch?v=r46Jbq-ZNok

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

mhgen.kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
Create or find a Gathering Hall
Passcode: 7243
In XX, ターグット: Gathering フィールド採集 (page 1, middle right)
In Generations, Objective: Gathering
In 4U, Target: Fishing

Tags: MHWorld, MHXX, MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, Stories, MHO, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Oep4xoWwVBc&t=1s
playdauntless.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=vWwqA4DoazI
youtube.com/watch?v=2bi9Dqd2F58
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Taikun Zamuza for Monster Hunter Worlds!

youtube.com/watch?v=Oep4xoWwVBc&t=1s
First for this might not be so bad

What's the most godtier charm you've ever gotten and how many hours did you spend getting it?

>tfw no monster hunter world on Switch

sjwface.jpg

>owns a Vita
>and a Switch

You deserve it

Why does he, exactly?

>f2p

We want the longsword and dualblade crowd.

>extra monster loot with real cash

0.15 HunterCrate™ points have been deposited into your shattered island farm account.

is the cia of the MHS demo out yet? the US one of course

+5 handicraft +7 awaken, 1 hour.

grongigas or rising tempest?

yes

Monster Hunter World!

Is this Toukiden? Is the PC port still garbage?

I've been procrastinating Lab Partners for a week now. I've only attempted it once for about 10 seconds. Brachy's huge slime puddles explode randomly, and reminded me of why frenzied brachy is the worst monster in the series.

Would rape.

Do NOT rape your foster daughter!

Frenzied Brach is just cancer. I tried fighting a GQ 126 frenzied Brach and the faggot literally seems like he moves at the speed of sound. And combined with his side hops, keeping him on the screen all the time becomes a massive fucking pain.

Ok. I'll just hug.

So when you buy into the game you make it so you play less? Is that not pants on head retarded? For both consumer and developer. Why would a player want to play a game less and why would a Dev think they can support a game by having their players play less?

People have difficulty with 4th gen brachy? What?

I have no problem with normal brach. His moves are pretty easy to predict even if they're annoying. Frenzied brach just speeds up brach to a ridiculous level that it just becomes unfun. Half the time, I just see this guy zooming across the arena to the point where even the animation looks choppy as fuck.

No it doesn't. Frenzy never made a difference outside of Tigrex. It's just a half-assed shitty mechanic.

As opposed to what, 3rd gen brachy? Where it didn't have lunge punches that could hit you halfway across the map, or huge area denial slime puddles, or a fucked leap attack hitbox?

>No it doesn't.

Except it does. I'll gladly play a 126 GQ Brach with you if you don't believe me.

>Where it didn't have lunge punches that could hit you halfway across the map
The lunge doesn't go very far and the jumping it did more often before was rose with a longer reach.
>or huge area denial slime puddles,
Not an issue outside of looking like garbage, just move away from it because they're slow as hell to explode anyway.
> or a fucked leap attack hitbox?
Same as ever.

The jump hitbox was bigger in third gen.
And that damn fucking stupid 4hit combo was a nightmare.

>Same as ever.

It isn't. In 3U you could roll once or twice to avoid it. In 4 it takes more effort. And if you're standing under brachy anywhere besides the apex of the leap, you'll get hit. I'm convinced you don't fight brachy much at all if you can't notice these obvious differences.

I don't have any issues with brachy.

not an argument

not a post

That has nothing to do with the differences between 3rd and 4th gen brachy.

There is, to me it just sounds like your exaggerating everything about 4th gen Brachy when it's easier to me than 3U's event Brachy was.
The jump gets me sometimes but the quick punch and aoe puddles don't bother me because I evade those just fine.

What does this game aim to do differently from MH?

It aims to be bad.

He said differently.

hi where the xx rooms :DDDD

how ironic

No shit event brachy is more difficult than regular brachy.

And the AoE puddle I'm talking about is from the horn slam. The huge one. Brachy can stand in there and you can do nothing but wait it out. Or frenzied brachy's case, they could just randomly explode instantly. If you get staggered by touching the puddle and it decides to explode instantly, you will get hit. It just happened to me.

Damn, this looks pretty good. Can't wait, gonna go ahead and buy the Founder's Alpha from their website playdauntless.com/

I was comparing 3rd gen event brachy to 4th gen frenzied, though.

The ugly huge slime from 4th gen can easily be avoided, just don't be right there it smashes because the hitbox from the slime isn't as big as the puddle itself.
Are you using a shield weapon, by any chance?

Well I hope you get used to it because this is what all XX endgame monsters are like. Unfun garbage like frenzied Brachy and with 10x the HP.

*throws rocks at your eight times in a row*

I'm using SnS. Right now I'm fighting what seems to be a gold crown brachy and it's going a lot smoother. I still have no idea how I'm supposed to dodge the lunge punches if I'm not already under him.

Roll into its direction, it often aims a bit behind you making it easier to avoid the hitbox.
>him

Even my anti virus can tell something's fucked with this game

I try that but get hit by the arm instead of the explosion. And yes, him, you monsterfucker. Mankind, etc.

>Falseflagging this hard

>I try that but get hit by the arm instead of the explosion
Why is it jumping then? Do you have allies or cats?

>him
fucking furfags

I really hope that they improve the sfx for MHW. The new moves seem awesome but the bow sounds like you're slapping a piece of meat onto a basket or something. Just really weak sounds.

What the FUCK is Arzuros doing to you when he lands his pinning attack?

bear hug

Go to bed, Alaska.

>>him
>fucking furfags
???

What do you mean? I'm talking about the 1-2 punch with lots of forward momentum. There's no jumping in the animation. And I'm solo.

It. Not he, not she. It. It's a thing, not a person.

I'm retarded and somehow read lunge as jump in The best way to deal with the lunge is just i-framing by expecting it at all times until you more or less can predict when the AI is about to do it.

I know, right? I had crossed it off my list after Monster Hunter World was announced but now I am intrigued. I think Dauntless has potential to go on an equal footing with Monster Hunter!

Are you making a collage? Are you going to come back tomorrow with the Hammer video? Do all the partnership players have to make a video with the same info or will they at least take turns?

It's an animal, animals have genders.

specifics do, you have no way to tell if a specific MH monster is male or female, unlike your RL pet.

It's an animal and you'll refer to it as such because it's a beast you don't even know the gender of.
With that logic you could just call Brachy a she and it'd be ok

It's not a thing, it's still a living being.

Anyway, managed to get him limping and captured him. Even knocked him out of frenzy twice. That might've been the least painful brachy I've ever fought. It's a wonder how big a difference small crown/large crown can make a fight. Now I just have to deal with frenzied azure los, which may be even worse.

autism

Not an argument.

*Inhales*

A W E S O M E ! ! !

>Not an argument.
Not an argument.

Golden crown can really make some monsters a fucking pain. Charge-heavy monsters specially such as diablos. Past a size you just can't roll sideways to not get hit by her gigantic body size.

So after, Nabli, Cheval and Hanako you found your new shitposting toy?

what is evade-extend

>using evade skills every hunt

Why is she so dreamy?

>hbg + ee
>almost as mobile as hh
stay mad

>4 weapons
This game is dead on arrival.

Golden Rathian is cancer.

>mad
What?
Also you did not even say you used hbg.
Regardless your comment makes no sense because you cannot predict or expect a monster to be a gold crown outside of a few events.

Surely you mean "he"

Rathalos is an animal, animals can have whatever gender they want.

>frontier fixed that attack
they removed the explosions under his ass/tail so you can actually punish it
that's right, frontier brachy has LESS annoying explosions than mainline.

Edgemaster +4, Evasion +9 no slots, Spirit+ 6, Atk+1 no slots. Pretty sure I also have other Godtier charms in 4U like but this is the only ones that I can recall. I never farmed charms but it probably took me 1k hours before I got those.

youtube.com/watch?v=vWwqA4DoazI

Is there another theme that captures the essence of the monster as perfectly as this one?

Aug 25

silver los is 10 times worse

MH1 had 4 real weapons

Well I did it. Azure los down too, but not before carting me twice. Once because I accidentally used a whetstone instead of a flashbomb, which resulted in being comboed to death. Also, he loved changing areas as soon as I had my wystone available, or right after I knocked him out of frenzy.

Umm.. well in the games it specifically states that Rathalos are male and Rathians are female.

I disagree, beat one without carting few days ago but this bitch destroyed me.

That's not the attack I was talking about. It's annoying to have to wait it out, but it's easy to avoid. It's nice they fixed it regardless.

You can't know that, furfag.

Don't you dare looking at me like that, Laeus.

I mean, someone or some people are surely "studying" monsters and figuring out what genders they are with these monster books right?

Aside from their diets, habitats, abilities, and so forth..

So.. someone must've saw Rathalos' dingaling

New Dauntless Combat Videos! More than an hour of brand new Dauntless combat footage!

youtube.com/watch?v=2bi9Dqd2F58

I absolutely cannot wait for this game!