Why a V6 Ford?

I hate to love this car.

Other urls found in this thread:

imsatv.imsa.com
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Rules in the class it was intended to race in.

That’s pure BS!

a v8 isn't needed

the Ford Racing 35MT was an already proven engine and had already survived the 24hrs of Daytona and the 12hrs of Sebring. For multiple years.

They simply needed to put that engine in a street car to be eligible for the ACO's GTLM class. So Multimatic built a street car around that engine.

The end.

It's the modern Ferrari F40 whether you like it or not.

Ironically the F40 was faster racing lulz.

Wow so true...

What class?
Not hateing,just curious.
Also,once you get behind the wheel, would it matter if the engine had 1 liter less than you thought?
I heard an interview a few years back where an F1 driver bragged about his MASSIVE 1 liter engine.

The GTLM class. BOP and current rules favor small displacement turbos in general and hurts larger displacement engines in all classes and is the biggest reason for downsizing. it isn't a coincidence that the Corvette went from racing with 7 Liters to 6.2 to 5.5 with the same happening to the Cadillac DPis. the engine to me matters because it means more aftermarket and a chance for the car to continue doing amazing things long after its production ends like the Supra, previous Ford GT and so-on. Ecoboost reliability as a production engine is also questionable at best.

Let's be honest here folks, if they built 4000 of these like they did with the previous gen Ford GT it would NOT have sold out and it would have flopped.

They had over 7000 requests to buy one

So to;dr it is the most awesome class.
The LeMans class.
p.s. I did read,was not too long,so I read it again.
And thank you for an informative answer,xir.

because they already knew they were 1000 limited and everyone was hoping they could get a chance to get "chosen" as a buyer. artificial scarcity creates artificial demand. if people know they can have something anytime they want there's less a demand.
>See: Nintendo's entire marketing strategy with Amiibos and their rarity making people pay shit tons of money and buy more of them than they would if they knew plenty were being made
request by themselves don't mean guarantee'd sells,
>See: XJ220
not that i necessarily agree with the other user as collector items are always wanted.

it is a god machine

Hey same guy that asked what class...
Been doing alot of traveling,not sure what day of the week it is...
Last 24 of LeMans was the one where Corvette kicked gravel.on the track,the announcer called him out, ALMOST won...
Right?

spotted this in the Grand Tour episode...WTF??

You are never going to buy or drive one. So just imagine that it has a V12 in it.

100 second lead in GTLM right now GMfangirl

>watching the grand tour
lol

Is this a live race?
My cable provider added SO many channels, can't find anything.

12 year old me would call me a pussy for complaining about that.

You can watch at imsatv.imsa.com but it should be on fs1 or fs2.

>driven over 100mph
probably had a rock chip windshield replacement.

>ps/tonne
You're one of those auto>manual faggots

>lol im autistic so just ignore me

>Not as fast as a Huracan Performante
I was honestly disappointed

It is hilarious.
An aero whore lost to an Italian Audi thanks to AWD and an overall lack of mechanical grip.
That circuit has no real quick corners for aero to work.

Well done Ford.

Yikes!

>m-mmuh environment

>Why a V6
>we want that fiero market
>falls short

maybe next time chump

meanwhile in the real world