youtube.com/watch?v=gvYfRiJQIX8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Give me a game idea pls.

Which engine do you use?
strawpoll.com/rag3s2rb

we're all gonna make it.
never give up

fuck off

It's like Final Fantasy but it's in space and it's an MMO with elements of Minecraft and you can do anything.

My name is nick crompton and no im not from compton

Artist available for the right project

nice to see ue4 getting some love

Would you C&D someone that made a fangame for your game?

maybe you should post an example of your work instead of assuming people will be interested just because you consider yourself an artist.

PSA for newfags: this is a common shitposting trick. He will ask you what engine you use and then no matter what you respond, say he isn't interested.
Don't let him waste your time.

Do you actually have a game and are looking for an artist or just inserting your useless bullshit opinion?

Great, this shit again

Where do you think all the unity shitposting is coming from?

Now that the generation of kids who grew up during the early shit 3D aura are looking for nostalgia, is it time for trashy simplistic 3D games to be the new retro pixelshit?

Everyone

stop dreaming, you aren't serious about this.

Obviously failed unity fags who moved to UE4(and will inevitably fail at UE4,thus becoming a black hole known as nodevs)

I hope so because that's the aesthetic I'll be going for once I learn how to model.

Who hurt you?

>retro 3d
>2048x2048 grass texture maps

Could you make some 2D art for my game? It's background stuff

what's your e-mail address/Discord/phone number/PO box?

Thanks, Isabel.

Yeah, look at his response: Instead of defending himself or posting his portfolio to prove he isn't the shitposter, he just plays dumb and acts like he's being unfairly targeted.

>failed unity fags
No such thing kiddo.

I think steam greenlight proves otherwise

I'm sorry that I don't stammer and bow when someone's being fucking rude to me after I offer help

What unity shitposting?

>tfw fusion is such a meme engine, it's not even an option
this is fine

tried to export my godot pong game to html and what the hell 25MB???

not only that but it takes forever to load, for a basic pong game? even if I export as a .exe its 16MB,

How big is a pong game in Unity/GMS?

no offense but you're the only person on agdg using it.

Unity has a minimum build size of about 10mb for windows. So a pong game should be 10mb.

Just give up and move on to your next shitpost. This one doesn't work anymore.

lol like 12MB?
guess that's just godot for you.
better wait for your main dev to get $5000 shekels on patreon to optimize it ;)

posting again for new thread:
looking for a small project or jam or something to work on, I'm a music person who primarily makes shit inspired by ps2 games. I haven't worked on a game before but I'm interested in learning what it's like to make stuff with a team and all that.

here's one of my tracks: soundcloud.com/i_am_sorry/idle
I'm open to working with different styles, but bonus points if your game has mechs

Godot have utter shit html5 exporter. It never meant to be exported to html to begin with so if you want to make web games, you should take another enging.

12MB for what? GMS?

still kinda fucked up, I expected no bigger than 500kb

what even is the point of including crappy features, and still an executable is 16MB, will I just have to get over the fact that this is common with game engines?

Thought maybe you guys would appreciate some free art. Wow, my bad.

b-but

>will I just have to get over the fact that this is common with game engines?
Yes.
They are very general purpose and so even the most streamlined commercial engine will seem bloated for a tiny game like Pong.

>will I just have to get over the fact that this is common with game engines?
yes.

for any game larger than pong it's a non-issue, so don't worry about it.
the alternative is making your own engine.

Yep. Don't know how to feel about that, really.

>still kinda fucked up
Not really. You're never going to get 1:1 ratio optimization when dealing with exporters.

If you want a proper build, then build it directly in html5.

how can i make a simple condition and mathematical formula parser?

>falling for the bait
When he gets called out he starts making these passive aggressive "I thought someone would want my art" posts. He'll make five or so, two of which will say they're the last one, and then finally give up and switch to a new shitpost.

Since you replied to him, he's going to ask what engine you use and then say he's not interested in working with you.

So Super Mario World would be what? A gigabyte? Do people just accept this as ok?

Oh sorry I didn't see that! Cool, yeah. I like background stuff. What engine are you using?

Making my own to fit my needs

I don't think you're cut out for game development

no mans sky was good from day 1
you just had wrong expectations, and didn't listen to what they were actually saying
you just don't like the genre.
you should go back to /v/

Sounds fun, I have no problem with that.

No, you're misunderstanding. Pong is so bloated because the engines are very robust and have a ton of shit Pong doesn't care about. A more complete game will have a reasonable size because it will be making use of that "fixed cost."

Probably 15MB.
Why would it be 1GB? Did you just pull that number from your ass? Do you think Super Mario World requires 4k res textures and uncompressed wavs?

Second, someone obsessed with small filesizes wouldn't be making SMW in an engine(Why would they, it's simple enough to be made with SDL/SFML), so I'm not sure what you're even trying to argue.

Nice! It's a side view and the thing I need now is a tileable ocean background

Cool, dimensions? Got anything related to the style I could compare to?

i don't think you've researched enough on this topic to engage in a discussion about it.

uh o, starting to get tired of my game. it's time for me to take my place amongst the fallen. kek

Could you post your portfolio?

*thousands of simultaneous farts on your head*

No, most engines lay a framework and prepared area down for you to build on that takes up a certain amount of space. Like if you were going to go hiking you'd ask why you were given a huge jug when you just wanted a small bottle of water to save backpack space. If you actually fill that jug it won't take extra space because you're using the space in it with water (content).
So no, if the engine sets stuff up for all of its exports, tools, etc and it takes 10mb plus your 1mb of content to total 11mb, your mario game that has 100x the content won't take up a gig, it'll take 110mb on that scale.

I really like the start of that song, but I think it starts to get too noisy towards the end, around 2:20.

I'm not looking for music though, but I hope you find someone. I also hope it's with mechs cause I want to see more mech games.

128x128 or 256x256, either are good
I've got no art made for my game, just placeholders :^)

>using unity
>want to lock cursor at its CURRENT position (like when you press right click in WoW to move your camera for example)
>unity cant do that

It can. You have to use your own cursor sprite, have it track the mouse's position. Then when you want to lock it's position, just stop moving the cursor, do whatever logic you need, and then move it back.

make a fake cursor with a vec and lock that.

Well, what style were you thinking about? What kind of game?

Nice bait, trying to force someone to answer your question.

God dammit fuck you guys.

>save cursor position
>reset it every frame while (LockedCursor == true)

>and then move it back.
you cant move the mouse either

not cartoonish, kinda realistic
in the game you manage buildings to expend and explore
also there are humans that you can keep alive if you want but you don't need to

>What engine are you using?
you're being memed.

>using unity
>run into issue
>unity cant fix it

better upload my project so someone can prove me wrong ;)

Experimenting with shooting guns in zero G.

On the left, we have full relative motion: the astronaut's motion is added to the bullet's motion, resulting in a bullet trajectory that misses the cursor.

On the right, we have no relative motion. The bullet just moves at 10 pixels/frame directly toward the cursor.

In the middle, we have a compromise between the two that I came up with. The astronaut's motion is separated into components - one component parallel to the astronaut-cursor vector the other component perpendicular. Only the component parallel to the vector is added to the bullet's speed. (in math terms, the astronaut's speed is projected onto the bullet). I also added in another cheat - the bullet will never wind up moving backwards even if the astronaut is moving very rapidly away from the cursor - the bullet has a minimum speed of 2px/frame toward the cursor.

With this compromise, the bullets move faster if the astronaut is moving toward the cursor, and more slowly if the astronaut is moving away. But no matter how the astronaut is moving, the bullet will always hit the cursor.

if you lock the cursor unity will instantly move it to the middle of the screen so thats not an option

youtube.com/watch?v=P4Um97AUqp4

The html5 exporter in 2.1 is shit but they're working on a proper one for 3.0.

>aaaaa stop ruining my epic meme!
kys

use .net's cursor api and circumvent unity entirely

Ahh, well, it sounds cool but unfortunately it's not really something I'd be interested at this time. But good luck!

I obviously meant that you should have some custom variable that determines whether or not the cursor's position should be reset every frame.

Then use a custom cursor object.

Yeah, I definitely agree that I piled too many elements into it, I honestly have a lot of nitpicks about pretty much every track I make. That's part of the reason I want to work on a game, though. I think having stricter limitations, clear creative goals, and defined timeframes for track creation will help me learn to keep things simple, rather than going crazy and layering every idea that pops into my head.
Since uploading that track I've actually been composing more on an older workstation synth that's limited to 16 simultaneous channels, which forces me to get clever with things like patch change messages and stuff. The track I posted contains over 100 separate channels which is honestly ridiculous and WAY over the top.

kek, I knew it

And this is why you don't respond to well-known bait that gets posted literally every single day.

>want make game
>no game idea
>cant make game

Veeky Forums FPS
each board is its own level with enemies
deep plot

whaddya think?

youtube.com/watch?v=gvYfRiJQIX8

I think you're not going to make it, dumb idea guy

S A V A G E

Is the final boss moot in a mech?

Does anyone know python? Why the fuck does the top evaluate to true and the bottom to false? I though it was ok to check if numbers were within ranges like this in python...

>/b/ -> must escape traps trying to rape you
>/pol/ -> kill filthy commies and libtard
>/g/ -> children screaming NVIDIOT BTFO, AyyMD DED
sound good user

"angle" is a negative number here btw

Who's moot?

>every time
>and someone always falls for it
I'm not even mad, I'm just disappointed.

>/pol/
>not just surviving the ongoing war between commies and nazis

New people come and go.