Does Mazda have any redeeming qualities in 2018?

Does Mazda have any redeeming qualities in 2018?

the entire lineup seems like something you buy because the fat chick you accidentally got pregnant wants because twins are on the way and you need a practice car. Her girlfriend at the office has one and says it's fun and sporty, you will love it, her husband always insists on driving theirs.

Other urls found in this thread:

autonews.com/article/20150824/OEM02/308249982/meet-mazdas-master-of-driving-feel.
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Veeky Forums is not your personal blog

One of my biggest inspirations as a kid was Dave Coleman, who was one of the editors of Sport Compact Car who would write crazy columns about suspension geometry and shit (he's also a mechanical engineer and miata guy).
A couple years ago Mazda hired him to head a team of engineers who custom-tune all USDM Mazdas to be slightly more aggressively-tuned than the ones built for Asia and so the USDM ones are now built that way from the factory in Japan
autonews.com/article/20150824/OEM02/308249982/meet-mazdas-master-of-driving-feel.

Also their cars don't have a fake 'veil' of luxury that most new cars have these days. It's honest, not pretentious, and they as a company are known to take risks on finding ways to improve driver enjoyment. They're also reliable af.

They're different. Otherwise, get out of here, this is some 'personal blog' shit.

How are they different? They have the same interior quality as the average shitbox and make shitty power with an overly complicated engine. It's like the Germans without the luxury or performance.

I also thought of Mazda as the cheap car you buy when you hate merikun cars, think toyota and honda are too mainstream but alsothink mitsubishi is shit

Mazda is what you buy your daughter when she wants something cute.

>not giving in to our sensible korean overlords

>reliable af
What are you talking about? New Mazda's rank far below Toyota and Honda in reliability

Mazda got btfod by kia and hyundai

They dont have any redeeming car. Something gay shouldnt be good.

They havent axed the miata. and its still a miata, even with the a pillars being being big due to people not being able to drive. They don't hide behind fake luxury, and provide cars everyone can enjoy, like the mazda 3. Sure they have crossovers and they dont have that many cars that are rwd but who does these days? I think they are one of the last car companies who doesnt lie to their consumers, and that takes balls. I respect them, even if I don't prefer them.

>don't have a fake 'veil' of luxury
>don't hide behind fake luxury

the fuck does this even mean? that they maker their under powered plastic shitboxes feel like under powered plastic shitboxes, is somehow a good thing?
the mazda 3 is the ultimate anemic cuckbox dressed up to look like a hot hatch, and the MX5 boomer mobile hasn't been a roadster since 1997

They're more fun than the other economy brands.

unfortunately this is what sells, they only keep the miata around cause its a tradition and brand recognition like the mustang, camaro, ect

with ford discontinuing their ST lineup already except for the Edge, seems like we're back to nothing but the normal shit

Not that guy but I get what he's saying, Mazda interiors don't try and pull any bullshit it's just a simple interior that's well done where it needs to be, the infotainment is light and easy, there's hardly any gimmicks, it's just an honest car that doesn't try and appear like anything but. I work at a body shop and see like hundreds of cars a week and it's always refreshing to get in any Mazda because they just have what's needed, nothing more.

Just because the 3 is a good commuter car doesn't mean it's not a good compromise for people who want sportiness and fun as well.

i'll probably be picking one of these up in a few years because, sorry guys, it's really fucking stupid of me to buy an old manual japanese car from the 90s or whatever fucking meme car when I will probably have to commute 1.5 hours up and down the hills of SF, and I don't really feel like falling backwards down a 45 degree hill when my parking break on my 20+ year old vehicle breaks.

Mazda is so average that nobody really love them or hate them.

this really.

Theyre the most mediocre and "ok" cars around.

I think you’re thinking of Toyota. Mazda is like the dad who used to be cool but then he had to slow down and become a family man.

>Both Mazdas retired in the 24hrDaytona
nope.

This is what I was saying. Mazda provides simple, somewhat reliable cars to people who want a commuter car that isn't a complete snooze fest but isn't a shitbox. They don't try to make their cars appear more than they are, and are innovative in trying to keep the ICE relevant. The Miata also may be neutered slightly, but unfortunately every car is neutered because of boomers and rollover protection that is required these days. At least they tried to keep it as close to the original idea as possible.

/r/cars fucking deepthroats Mazdas dick because they think if they mass produce the HCCI engine it will save the ICE from the EV

Fuck off Mazda you're a tiny poor as shit company who cannot afford to develop an EV and all your eggs are in the baskest which is going to die out within a decade or 2

>the absolute state of ev “enthusiasts”

>don't have a fake 'veil' of luxury
What? Normies also talk about "muh mazda best econobox interior" and other crap like that while ignoring the fact that mazdas are cheaply built shit
>t. owned a mazda

I'd respect Mazda if they made the 6 RWD and offered either a 6 cylinder or big 4 cylinder turbo engine

keep dreaming about driving iphones

Hybrids running Ethanol and Hydrogen are the future, EVs are a gimmick for rich normies and hipsters living in the city

Toyota still owns Lexus, and they're still building reasonably quick NA V8 barges (albeit without manual options but oh well) so Toyota are still above average in terms of design philosophy IMO.

Minus the pants-on-head retarded exterior design of some of their late models, of course.

>6-speed
>RWD 2.5T
>LSD
mite b cool

Mazda literally makes the most fun to drive cars in all the mainstream car segments, what are you talking about?

Fuck off with this shit. Go make another bullshit auto vs manual thread or something you autist.

My Mum has a newer Mazda 3. She likes it, so she’s happy with it. Why would you ever buy a car you’re not happy to drive?

your mum is a commuter, we aren't

Mazda wants to be an enthusiasts brand and make rwd dorito machines but regulations and their budget won't let them. So they did the next best thing and made a fuel efficient light weight handling god, and nimble cuckboxes. By comparison, even if nothing was forcing them to Toyota would still be making fwd economical cuckboxes and lexus lurury barges because maximum profit is the ONLY thing they care about. They're phoning it in with the subaru 86 and bmw supra because all they're really doing is reselling something someone else made.

i have an old mazda3 but I think if you're going to get a new mazda, you should go for the mazda6 since the new style looks far better with a longer body

I just wish they'd put out a more sporty version with AWD like the mazdaspeed6 again. I don't think any of the current mazda6 models have AWD. FWD seems silly with a big car like that.

If only.
At least they're bumping up the engine in the thing. With that, I'd consider the 6 as a daily drive normie-mobile.

it wouldn't be too far-fetched, I would think that eventually mazda will try dipping their toes in RWD luxury sedans again. It might even come with a manual option considering Mazda's focus.

>the mazda 3 is the ultimate anemic cuckbox
It's an economy car, just like the corolla of civic, but at least it's automatic doesn't have cvt.

I have a 6. It's not too bad despite 184hp and FWD. It's a Camry competitor, so it still has to be reasonably comfy, but it's competent enough in stock form to be legitimately enjoyable to toss around. There is more body roll than I would like, though, so I'll fit a stiffer anti-roll bar soon.

I think the reason people get butthurt about these cars is because they hear "best handling economy cars" and then compare them to BMWs or 86s, which is ridiculous. I like Mazdas, a lot, but anyone who expects a $22k FF econobox to drive like a FR sports car is setting themselves up for disappointment.

soon.

You're giving me flashbacks user, my first car was a 929. Ran like a beast because of the RWD. When my dad bought it from this Jew he knew, it only had 80k miles. This was in 09.
I'd still be driving it if I hadn't gotten tboned by an old man running a red ;_;
That's the car that made me a fan of Mazda.

>Reliable AF

somebody missed Daytona

>might even come with a manual option
here's hoping, If not im goin for a gt86