How bad are Hummers

How bad are Hummers

>gm

There's nothing wrong with them

better than you think
t. hoovie

Well that is not a hummer. It's a bloated Tahoe with a horrible shifter. The H1 is godly but becoming overpriced at this point. Military Hummers are bad daily drivers but would be fun on a big piece of land.

Everything besides the diesel H1 is garbage

I've been in one, never driven one though. They are pretty ridiculous in their wasted space, for all the size they aren't even really roomy, honestly my Elantra GT has more legroom. Stuff like 2 foot wide consoles and 10 inch thick doors and fat seats. It's a pretty stupid car

The diesel H1 is the WORST hummer

It's bad but not as bad as a gutless 5.3. It really needs a cummins swap with a nasty tune.

Saw a guy the other day driving in the cold rain at night in a lifted H1 with no doors. With a big ass smile on his face.

The freedom and bald eagle down will keep you warm. Windows down with the heater on in cold weather is a comfy combo.

>that feel when you just replaced your heater core and now you get amazing heat through your vents
>cruising around in 40’F weather with the windows down and the heat up

I'm guessing pic unrelated unless this is a thread to talk about knockoffs.

as bad as every other american car

really bad

The H1 is a barebones military vehicle and should be viewed as such. The H2 is just an extra boxy, extra heavy Tahoe mall crawler with extra bad fuel economy. The H3 is built on the Chevy Colorado platform and from what I've heard it's actually not a half bad offroader.

The H3Ts were pretty neat too. you could get a manual transmission with front and rear lockers and a truck bed. I think towing was north of 4k too.

depends on who is giving you one

Tahoe/10

really really bad

They are underrated and would make a fun wheeling vehicle. They are not Tahoes, only a third of the frame was borrowed from the Tahoe, the rest was custom made and built at an AM General factory. They are 3/4 ton trucks, you can haul 2000 pounds in it and tow much more. All 4 wheels are powered at all times and rear locker is standard for all. Great off roading clearance and entry/exit angles.

It wasn't perfect, the interior rattles a lot, kept me from buying one as a DD. The visibility people complain about but it's about on par as modern cars are now. Some front suspension components are considered too weak for the heavy H2, mostly the tie rods in the 2003. There are kits to upgrade all the weakest links though.

>gross weight 8600lbs
Thats 3900kg and you would literally need a truck license to drive this in Europe. Holy shit.

the standard car license in New Zealand lets you drive up to 6000kg. Im glad i left europe

And this thing is a midsize...

6000kg isn't much better. That rules out towing most boats and travel trailers.

I was in England when the H2 was being pushed really hard and while I can't remember the official specs, there was never a question of if I could drive it. I even took one for a test drive on a regular license.

The GVW is just a sticker sometimes.

You can actually have your F250 registered with a GVW of 10,000 lbs if you pay ford about 100 shekels.

That means you keep it as a class 2 truck instead of a class three truck. They literally just change the paperwork.

I am sure GM did the same in England where they kept the paper GVW under 7,700 lbs which is a metric 3.5 tons.

Which probably meant you were restricted to carrying 5 lean adults and a bag of groceries.

>Family camper with maximum comfort in mind
>Road warrior

Cuckstate

I've only driven an H2 and there was an uncomfortably small amount of leg room for me, and I'm 6'1". Also don't they get about 10 mpg?

This for sure but if I could find a last of the line H2 for the right price and repair I'd cut a check on the spot

The Hummer H2 was utter shit. The damn thing has shit fuel economy which is to be expected, but then you get inside and realize that the fucking interior is as big as an original mini cooper. The damn thigh has horrendous ride quality as well. Then you look at the interior that looks like it was ripped from the 90's Escalade and question; "Why didn't I get the Tahoe\Escalade\Navigator\Exploder?"

Worst damn SUV I've ever driven..