Ordering Chink Shit from Alibaba

Does anyone have experience ordering cheap engines or parts from Alibaba? I'm thinking about ordering a small diesel engine through them because every god damn single-cylinder engine in America is overpriced.

This thing seems ideal, single-cylinder, 4-stroke, 13hp, about what I'm looking for, except not stupid overpriced.

Other urls found in this thread:

epa.gov/importing-vehicles-and-engines
ftn.fedex.com/forms/EPA_Form_3520-21.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Aren't they like $150 when they're on sale at harbor frought?

the weak 4-6hp ones maybe. but I can't find a Yanmar or similar online for $400 or less.

In fact, I'll add that I can't even find diesel engines on Harbor Freight's website.

I'm assuming their unit prices are before shipping (most definitely) and before they charge customs handling fees and shit.

I feel like getting a shitty diesel motor to the US would involve getting it through customs without being suspect as a NOX spewing EPA nightmare.

if i have to guess, they ship it by sea, which could take a while (weeks)

Ive never had the guts to deal with them personally. Give it a shot. Give us some feedback

This is down to burger emissions laws.

You may be able to order these but it won't get through customs. You have to order parts then build the thing locally on the quiet.

These things get imported as compressors which they are but with the addition of parts they can be turned into an engine.

cocksucker opens a new tab every time I click something fuck that

>he doesn't use ublock Origin

>"Land of the free"
>Aggressive taxation and import laws
>"Communist" China
>Huge free market economy with little regulation
???????????

look around farms those things are common as fuck.

>Huge free market economy with little regulation
It's a huge pirate market economy.
Thanks to president clinton and that treaty which has terms limiting the amount of inspections that can be done. Sometimes, the pirate goods do get detected. For example, a huge shipment of fake proctor & gamble products was detected. But the treaty doesn't involve wholesale seizure of illegal goods that haven't made it through the customs house. So those fake pirated goods were diverted to central america and south america instead. Thus P&G's reputation for quality goods is ruined in those countries by the fake goods.

I'll keep my eye on these "compressors" user. Thank you.

I've actually been scouring a 50 mile radius around my home for diesel motors and anything that uses them, tractors, tillers, mowers, generators, and I can't find one that isn't STUPID expensive. People know you can't acquire one or two-cylinder diesels easily anymore. Most of the engines in my area are completely disassembled awaiting a rebuild or damaged.

I'm not against buying a diesel engine that's disassembled but with parts included, since I'm going military as a diesel mechanic and need the experience anyway, but I'd prefer to buy one in working order first. "needs work" on most OLD diesels will run you at least $400 or completely functioning almost DOUBLE.

Horror freight predator 212 is $50 if you get it on sale.

Those are gas engines. Need a diesel powered one.

dat smog tho

/g/ has a chink shit general. You could try lurking and posting there for advice

I suppose I will do that. not too much Veeky Forums discussion on cheap Chinese engines. thanks for the heads up mate.

You got blown the fuck out in /dbt/. You know they make diesel KLR650s, right?

I'm curious if you've actually taken a look at that Chang Jiang in person, I've been considering doing so myself but it would be a bit of a drive for something that's somewhat of a crapshoot condition wise.

Those are way heavier than what you posted at the start but it gives you an idea of the shit that goes on.

>what are special economic zones
Outside of them, China is hardcore commie.

>every god damn single-cylinder engine in America is overpriced.
uhhh

I used to have a $20 coupon for one of these.

And couldn't you convert any of these engines to diesel pretty easily? Changes the jets and spark plug, what else do you need?

>9:1 compression ratio
>In a compression ignition engine
>Just change the jet it the carb

You got diesel stored near the flash point I assume?

$900
Holy shit I could get an ls for less that shit

>get beat up by Chinese police for not paying protection money for your store
Psh nothing personal comrade

add water injection
it would take some experimenting I guess but it could be done

What makes you think you should be able to get a 13hp diesel engine for under $200?
I can't imagine how God-awful that one you posted must be. And as soon as something goes wrong into the landfill it goes because there are 0 parts available.

Here, I found you a nice Kohler 6hp for sale for... wait... $2400? wtf?

>$2400
that's almost a 3k civic

ELECTRIC START THOUGH

nah. you all just don't understand what having fun or giving help is.

Oh and klr650s are stupid expensive. this project will cost under $2200 hopefully.

that is a GAS engine. not a DIESEL engine. diesel engines in america cost fuckloads of money.

Why do you need diesel for what application?

the reason they're cheap is because they're not made where emissions restrictions are strangleholding the market. that is the only reason they're so badly priced.

yes, diesels are built tougher because they're compression ratios are much different, among other things, but that shouldn't, and realistically doesn't, drive the price up that much. it is due to there being little market in america for tiny diesel engines and modern emissions laws make it very difficult to build cheap, reliable engines.

China builds dirt cheap yanmar clones by the hundreds of thousands. for all intents and purposes, they're clones. maybe made with more shoddy parts, but I can replace them with any modern yanmar part and pay a fraction for the the engine.

I'm shopping around for diesels to put onto a bike. I'm doing it because it's my idea of having fun, and when you're learning to be a diesel mechanic, it doesn't hurt to keep the build in line with your future work.

build ur own

Because making blocks crankshafts and pistons is just so easy.

>replace with yanmar parts idea
>broken block that was sytrofoam cast in a chinesium factory
>replace with yanmar block
>cheap
Yeah no

they actually are pretty cheap bud. $100 or so. a complete yanmar of the same kind is often ten times that price. secondly, I've heard of no such thing happening to yanmar clones. Chinese build quality doesn't seem to refer to their engines if you buy from a reputable Chinese company.

parts for diesel engines are cheap. fully assembled ones are not. it's hard to find a used old diesel for a decent price that doesn't have an issue with the pistons. these issues crop up after tons of hard use. the block itself almost never seems to have issues.

>Kohler
The sink company? Kek

They're a general manufacturing company.

>ITT: Cheapskates whine about the cost of diesel engines.

Have you considered that diesel engines are just expensive and that you're a tightarse?

Maybe user can get it through Canada. I can't see border control having ideas and stopping people with this sort of thing.

Even if you could get this to run on diesel fuel it would run like shit, probably destroy if self and use shitloads of fuel compared to a real diesel engine, negating the whole point

>You got diesel stored near the flash point I presume
You could preheat the fuel by wrapping a copper fuel line around the cylinder head or exhaust, but it would knock unless you lower the compression ratio because diesel preignites much easier

Hey user, why don't you buy a new, shiny Chinese clone from Alibaba AND an original non-running Yanmar? That way you'll have an actual running motor and a parts engine for half the price of a new, original Yanmar.

>why don't you buy a new, shiny Chinese clone from Alibaba
What he needs to do is make sure he can get it past customs inspection.

epa.gov/importing-vehicles-and-engines

The EPA does check engines, but if that type of engine already meets EPA approval, the manufacturer would include the printed documentation proof of that.

Otherwise imported engine declaration form:
ftn.fedex.com/forms/EPA_Form_3520-21.pdf

If it is definitely not cleared, then you'll have to arrange for inspection. That takes time, and customs is not going to babysit that engine for you in their cramped quarters. It either passes NOW or it is returned after 10 days (or whatever time they use for heavy equipment) That's why people ship such things to Customs Clearing Houses (CCH). user sets up a receiving account. When CCH get it, they hold it for inspection while charging user for storage time. This allows sufficient time for user to find a qualified inspector to check it out and certify the engine. Sounds expensive.

Or user can be sly. EPA allows foreign cars to drive into the USA for a short visit as long as they do leave (they check). It comes in with diesel engine installed. user swaps out for a gasoline engine and drives it back into canada. Rube Goldberg would be proud of this solution.

Holy fuck it's not like he's importing a diesel Hilux. I'm pretty they don't give a fuck about lawn implement engines.

they do. especially diesels.

Yeah thanks for the info dude. I'll be sure to ask the manufacturers about whether their engines have made it past US customs and ask them for documentation of that. I've since sent out some inquiries on alibaba, I'll check back with results, if they even respond.

>I'll be sure to ask the manufacturers about whether their engines have made it past US customs

You shoould check over the EPA site and any other government DOT/NHTSA type of site for any database OR listings of diesel type engines that are approved.

>I'm pretty they don't give a fuck
They probably don't. Just tell the EPA inspector it's a volkswagon diesel engine that meets all published specifications as documented by the manufacturer.

jesus, have you people never bought anything from alibaba? They declare everything as some kind of worthless part to avoid import taxes. No one is even going to know that it's a motor

that's kind of the point of the thread. to ask if anyone's bought things from alibaba. share more alibaba wisdom.

>Buy $280 worth of LEDs from aliexpress
>Customs declares worth of $81.19 as electric parts

I've bought all kinds of shit from alibaba. Never paid duties, takes forever to show up, and 9/10 it's what was advertised. The ratings and feedback are obviously fake so I don't bother buying anything unless I'm cool with losing the money.

Jesus Christ how do you people breathe

what, you mean customs taxed you $80?

He had to pay tax from that amount. In europe it's 22€ and you have to pay VAT. I just forger the receipts to say under 22€ and report it to the customs declaration, haven't been audited so far.

Why do the US government give so many shits about emmisions from lawn tractor engines? But also not give any shits about chemicals in food?

Kohler is famous for their toilets, not their sinks.
And Kohler powered lawn mowers blow Honda powered mowers out of the water.
Honda is a joke.

>Americans

Just get a Yanmar clone. If you take that fucker apart you can't put it back together because there's no parts. How will you replace the head gasket?

You're doing it wrong user. What you do is find an old clapped out diesel car, truck, tractor, whatever and tear the motor out of it. Chances are it'll still run and since it's not some mystery brand parts will be available.

>what, you mean customs taxed you $80?
Not that guy, but I had one shipment which had everything not listed yanked out of the box. And the rest was taxed accorrding to the customs schedule. As long as customs has enough people on duty to handle the flow within the max amount of time they have listed in their customer servicing declaration, then they'll do it.

>But also not give any shits about chemicals in food?
They do check food. But many things are limited by the type of agreements in the treaty Clinton signed to make China have most favored trade nation status. One of the features was that not everything would be inspected. Another was time limits on how long shipments are held for inspection. Another allowed more direct injection of chinese goods into the american distribution networks. All these factors make loopholes for products.

Despite that, things like the chinese use of "hacks" to cheat food tests continue. Do you remember the melamine protein problems of the 1990's? Chinese would add melamine to food products to boost the protein level indicated in food tests. Kind of makes your food labels incorrect, but passing tests is what the chinese do. How your baby digests baby formula is another matter.

Some of the most polluted rivers in the world have a huge number of chinese fish farms. Farmed tilapia, catfish, salmon, and dace are in those polluted rivers. It's why the FDA banned those cans of fried dace from China especially those from the Pearl River area. Full of mercury, cadmium, as well as problem chemicals. It's why it is so hard to get canned fried dace in usa and canada stores as the major chains refuse to carry it. However, bans are evadable as they are imported into Vancouver BC and sold at certain shops.

Picture: Luncheon Meat from china is their mystery meat version of "SPAM" but in the past can has other ingredients like horse and meow.

I already stated previously that I've scoured a 50 mile radius for that option. I don't really live in a very agricultural area and I'd have to probably make a trip to Pennsylvania to get a decent one for cheap.

some options nearby were available, but they have serious issues like a piston malfunction, something I wouldn't be able to readily fix.

>I'm thinking about ordering a small diesel engine
You already have a test jig to test it out upon receipt?

>how do you people breathe
Easy peasy. Winds blow all the pollution eastwards. Just like Fukushima radiation, it gets diluted and becomes harmless. Or whiners can put on their tinfoil hats.

>The ratings and feedback are obviously fake
There's a whole industry out there dedicated towards generating fake stats for those chinese "amazon" marketplaces. The owner said recently that his marketplaces (alibaba, aliexpress) continue to grow and if it were a country, its gross product would be 6th in the world.

Amazon ratings have had their problems too. Sellers game the ratings.

If you want a small diesel you gotta search craigslist. Thats how I got my 9hp deutz for $50. Also try junkyards never know what you might find.