Only gay faggots who own any gen of MR2 are allowed to post ITT

Only gay faggots who own any gen of MR2 are allowed to post ITT.

Other urls found in this thread:

imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=149401
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

First gen best gen

>tfw no MR2s for sale in my country
Feels bad lads

hi

Hello, you trying to revive a dead thread on a dead board too?

only 2 aw11s here :(

>tfw considering buying an aw11

I heard the noise is unbearable on the highway. Is that true?

hi

>rattly 80s toaster

you tell me

now THIS is my kind of thread, for once OP isn't a faggot

>found a 3sge beams from a caldina for $700
>can get an sw20 transmission
Man it's tempting

who here /fucked alignment/ ?

>tfw no MR2 but posting in this thread anyway

Who here /broken/

>cut my life into pieces

Mine is in pretty rough shape with all the body work going on. But thats Chicago for ya

That's exactly what mine looks like right now. I even have that same light

only time noise has been an issue is when the wheel bearings shit themselves for me
5th gear at 70 is somewhere around 3200rpm
interior rattle is easily fixed

Not me

Anyone else have fucked floors?

I imported mine.
Overpaid a bit but 0 regrets.

what if I own two

can I be double an gay

same

some mother fucker needs to help me find sw20 banana washers for axle bolts, but not the bolts themselves. I only find these fucks sold together reeeee

I wish she was a prettier lawn ornament

double gay is actually straight

I'm a gay faggot but I don't own an MR2, I'm posting anyways.

Just picked up some harbor freight special JDM tyte fogs. Obviously not mounted yet, just held in place with zipties

You don't have much of a choice, either find a junk yard axle to tear apart for the washers, buy a new axle or buy these koracing.net/viewproduct.php?folder=84&product=1123

Yeah that'll do it

But my new master cylinder has a dope TEq logo on it

not that fucked, but yeah

I'm having regrets with mine. For some reason it handles awful. It's losing at autoX to N/A aw11s it's so bad. Replaced strut inserts, brakes, and upgraded anti sways and it's still bad

well if the n/a's are beating you, then its not the model thats the problem, its either the driver or your car specifically.

is your engine running right? tyres? steering? would the minor weight difference come into play at such low speeds?

this is my last resort

what seats? what gear stick gator?

do it IDIOT

stock seats, pep boys accordion shift boot. haven't gotten around to drilling for a permanent install, but i really like how it looks.

anyone else find this kind of shit embarrassing to read ? Whaat kind of faggot writes these ? Reeks of anime faggot with all the "yes master" shit.

haha yes my transmission is pissing out fluid
i needed to change it (the fluid) anyway

tha double deuce klub
I will join someday

Only owner of a 1st gen I've ever known was a kid who bought an AW11 for $2000 leafbucks. Drove it for 30 days and proceeded to snap oversteer it on a corner covered in gravel. Rolled it down a hillside.

Somehow no glass broke, the frame was still straight and he suffered no injuries. Kid hadn't driven a car fast before and didn't know the car's limits.

92, mk2 black reporting inn

More of the Panda pls

3rd gen reporting in

that pic was made way a long, long time ago probably way before you came here, faggot

When I first got her she had been sitting a long time and was in dire need of some love.

And now after a full engine rebuild and a bit of other TLC. Still needs some body work but it's a blast to drive as is.

Theres so many aw11s here where i live.
Theres always at least 4 for sale at any given time.

whats up

third gen is super underrated desu

Thats cause its butt ass ugly

how much did that hardtop cost you?

question for you lads, how is the aftermarket, oem parts market for the aw11? how hard or expensive is it to keep one running for ever?

I'm really looking into buying an aw11, fell in love with the cockpit.

It's a soft top

There’s a decent amount in Virginia too. This ones bone stock

Rockauto has had everything I've ever needed, and I've needed a lot.
There aren't a lot of aftermarket performance parts, but anything I need to fix I can easily find replacements for. Plus, they share a lot of parts with other Toyota models, so it helps to look for parts for other cars as well.

Hello gentlemen.

>how is the aftermarket, oem parts market for the aw11? how hard or expensive is it to keep one running for ever?
It's essentially a corolla with the engine stuffed where the back seats would be, so parts are cheap and common.
However even with the famous unbreakable 4age engine, it's still a 30 year old car, and rubber and plastic bits don't hold up well against time.

God i wish i could buy this

okay

DO
finding a car in working condition for less than a thousand usd is incredible where I live.

>ywn own a mint panda 80s shitbox
Feels absolutely abhorrent

And because it has the worst engine out of the 3 MR2s.

Drivetrain and some suspension parts are easy, all the unique parts are a cunt though

Recently bought an SC off a guy on Craigslist for dirt cheap because it had title issues. Got that sorted, only thing I kind of fucked myself on is not realizing I had to pass state inspection before I could get a title.

Turns out I only had like two weeks left to be eligible, been getting screwed by rain, and work normal office hours, so I'm dropping it by a shop tomorrow...

Gotta have them swap an oxygen sensor and check the alternator/three lights of death. Haven't been able to drive it to figure out if anything else is wrong. Are there any other things I should have them check while it's there? 89 if it matters.

What is this? AZ engine?

4AGE 20v

Wouldn't call myself a faggot but I do like to beat my car time to time...alot actually

Tell me, what does it feel to drive a AW11?

its p ok, i drive mine with koni yellow shocks and gc coilover sleeves and it's p ace

>When I first got her she had been sitting a long time and was in dire need of some love.
That's damn clean paint right there...when did you buy this? I was looking at black 3rd gens about a year ago...where abouts you stay? SoCal?

Thats awesome. How much of a bitch was that Hard dog bar to install? Im planning on getting one. What mawds ya got?

Ive assembled most of my parts but I need coilovers and the roll bar.

Moroso oil pan
2zz lift bolts
MWR oil cooler
Autometer gauges
Megillian motorsport underbrace
TRD front strut bar
MWR shortshifter and brass trans bushings.

>Ive assembled most of my parts but I need coilovers and the roll bar.
This was my second Spyder. My first HD rollbar install was a pain...you have to remove the gas tank from under, cut, drill and all.

The second I just bolted onto the firewall and that's it. It's not like they check when racing, they just see a rollbar and yore good to go. That install took me about 4 hrs. Protop: you can install it without taking off the softtop also so you don't have to reinstall those little nuts in the back.

It's pretty much stock atm.
Waiting for my coilovers to arrive.
I got
TRD fr strut bar
TRD underbody brace
Corky's brestplate
I already have a set of EBC yellow pads and centric blank rotors just setting in my garage.
Once this engine goes out I'm swapping the 2Z + 6MT obviously.

AW11 digi dash y/n

Makes more power than a 4AGE though

>Once this engine goes out I'm swapping the 2Z + 6MT obviously.
Brother!
Nice to see another real track guy who knows what up.

I ran last years races almost stock but I kept hitting the wheelarches with wheels all the time.
Now
>BC BR pillowball
>JR12 wheels
>DD racing front and rear strut tower bar brace
>MWR shifter bushings
>fidanza 4kg flywheel
>lightweight battery
>TTE exaust
>TTE anti roll bars
>TTE body kit
Looking to get some laile rear diffuser and maybe some lightweight exaust parts over the spring as well.

This year now that my wheels are not hitting the arches and my gearbox doesn\t lock up above 5k rpm I hope I can start competing seriously.

>140hp from 1.8
>7,5k redline
>revs extremely happy
>built like a tank and will not break
>can be built to take 10k redline
>fastest stock of all the NA cars
>faster stock than almost all bimmers built up until around 2010 or something, yes even 335
zzw30 is not slow, in context it was faster than a lot of cars.

more like
>its quite possibly the cutest car with cutest personality ever.

YES

if you are going tlo lower car get adjustable arb end links or cut them yourself since you want the ARB to sit at a neutral pre load.

>7.5k redline
I haven't seen this anywhere. From my research, fuel cutoff is somewhere around 6900-7000

thx

what if im determined to buy an sw20 when i find the perfect one?
am i allowed itt?

im in love

details please i want this bad

i found it
imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=149401

>MR2 for $2k
>$2k in po-dunk Kansas gets you a shitty third-owner, 200,000-mile Olds that smells of dead possum, Pall Mall, and a decade's worth construction worker sweat
Kill me. It's not worth going on.

your paint looks mint m8

Norway checking in

WHERE IS THIS IMAGE FROM and how do I get it and did you do it and where can I buy that dash PLEASE

i found the site, learn to Veeky Forums plz.

>hint: check the replies

I live in Iowa anyone wanna sell me one in the $2500 dollar range?!??!

I only want the first gen aw11!!! anyone? plz respond

I have a bent tie rod its undrivable

Can confirm, hits fuel cut somewhere around 7k

>third gen is super underrated desu
yeah, people need to stop focusing on muuuh horsepower so much

but it's not!

I want a hard top but they're so hard to find
must be pretty essential in norway lol

>TRD fr strut bar
>TRD underbody brace
>Corky's brestplate

how do all these fare on the road (if you do drive it on the road)?

Which wheels should I get for my dirty white aw11?

Breastplate is considered one of the few essential mods for the car. Makes it much less rattley and significantly more confidence inspiring.

stock wheels only. under no circumstances should you get aftermarket wheels