Best and/or worst states to own a car

Best is clearly Florida:

NO VEHICLE INSPECTIONS
No rust
One license plate
Low sales tax
Low minimum insurance

Worst: New York

Annual safety and emissions which you must pay a private facility to do.
Fucking registration sticker on your god damn windshield, and inspection sticker.
Nearly 9% sales tax if buying in NYC
Rust to no end
Two plates
Sky high insurance.

What’s your state like?

Other urls found in this thread:

thenewstribune.com/news/nation-world/national/article197092569.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Best
>NO VEHICLE INSPECTIONS

That's a bad thing. Means whatever vehicle you're following could randomly shed an axle.

Florida only sucks because there are no fun roads.
I've lived in Florida my whole life and never seen that happen, or anything like that.

I'd hate inspections if I were American, too. Theoretically they'd keep complete death traps off the roads, but it seems in America they're not accomplishing anything.

Only thing I've seen living in Florida for 20+ years was some shitty accord lose its front bumper while driving, thankfully it was traveling in the opposite direction with a big median in between

Do you seriously trust government mandated vehicle inspections? They are a scam made to artificially boost up work for mechanics.

As opposed to privately mandated vehicle inspections? Who is supposed to mandate them, if not the government? Or are you saying that no inspections can ever be effective?

I'm not saying that you can't ever get a decent test I'm saying that dodgy cunts throw a fifty to safety inspectors all the time to just pass it through.

If anything there would be more corruption in private facilities you retard.

Go back.

>letting the government tell you what you can and can't drive
El oh El.

Anyways, Michigan
>expensive ass insurance
>fucking potholes EVERYWHERE
>salt

>One license Plate
>Great car culture
>Michigan Lefts

Except florida is filled with crappy people and crappy cars. Bring in a car from out of state and then get away with modding it in florida.

>Florida
>Flat as far as the eye can see
>only turns are highway merge

Best state for cars is Colorado, you can literlly have fun for hours driving through twisty mountain passes contemplating mesmerising scenery, bonding with your car. Can you do that in Florida?

>Michigan Lefts
>not the most retarded thing since giving people a license without knowing how to drive manual, or drive in the first place for that matter

I wish it weren't the case, but people are retarded and need someone to tell them what they can't do.

>This type of intersection configuration, as with any engineered solution to a traffic problem, carries with it certain advantages and disadvantages and has been subject to several studies.

Studies have shown a major reduction in left-turn collisions and a minor reduction in merging and diverging collisions, due to the shifting of left turns outside the main intersection.[1] In addition it reduces the number of different traffic light phases, significantly increasing traffic flow. Because separate phases are no longer needed for left turns, this increases green time for through traffic. The effect on turning traffic is mixed.[1] Consequently, the timing of traffic signals along a highway featuring the design is made easier by the elimination of left-turn phases both on that highway and along intersecting roadways contributing to the reduction of travel times and the increased capacity of those roadways.[1]

It has been shown to enhance safety to pedestrians crossing either street at an intersection featuring the design, since they only encounter through traffic and vehicles making right turns. The left-turning movement, having been eliminated, removes one source of potential vehicle-pedestrian conflict.[1] One minor disadvantage of the Michigan left is the extra distance required for the motorist to drive. Sometimes the distance to the turnaround is as far away as 14 mile (400 m) past the intersection. This design leads to each motorist driving an additional 12 mile (800 m) to make a left turn. It also results in left-turning vehicles having to stop up to three times in the execution of the turn
It's not that bad

You need to have great roads in order to be the best state.

You need to drive extra distance, then merge into the opposing traffic from the inside, and jump across all opposing traffic to finally make a right. In what universe is this is not complete horse shit?

only problems are theres no turns and 1/4 of people are uninsured

Fuck off

I DONT NEED NO GUBBEMINT TO TELL ME I NEED TO BE INSURED

where did you find that pic?

I'm used to it, I have no problems with it at all

It's got a Veeky Forums filename, so I'm guessing it was saved off Veeky Forums.

>I don't need anyone telling me my car isn't road safe

Came to post this. Florida is great if you want to drive up and down a beach road at 25mph hoping people notice you and think you're cool I guess

I think I'd enjoy that, if I drove up and down mountains hectically I'd probably just end up crashing and killing myself.

South Carolina has all that, sales tax is maxed out at 600$ and has, some curvy roads (and alot more that's less than two hours driving time outside of the state)

You could even argue GA is better too for the same reasons.

>dodgy cunts throw a fifty to safety inspectors
As if the dodgy cunt even HAVE a fifty.

What they do is bitch a fit to the shop manager, the trooper in charge of the inspections in the area, the troopers supervisor, and everybody else they need to until a sticker gets put on the car regardless of what was wrong and the tech gets reprimanded. The techs have gotten to the point of just slapping a sticker on whatever shows up because they know they're going to get fucked by the whole process so there's no point in doing anything more.

This

>tfw californian
>pretty top notch driving roads near my house
>move to boulder
>road with 5 hairpins straight up the side of a mountain literally 4 minutes from my apartment

I can only imagine the terrible pain of living in a flat state as a car enthusiast

Drag racing yo

>nowhere to drive it unless you like going straight on 95

Yeah no thanks

Upstate NY fag here,
"i want to end it everyday"

>JUST

thenewstribune.com/news/nation-world/national/article197092569.html
floridafags btfo

Plus no insurance on motorcycle's needed in florida, florida is good

You don't know what your talking about or you have never lived in florida and just know what you've seem off Miami based tv shows,could easily find 20 straight backroads that go for mile's here in sebring fl.

Probably Arizona or New Mexico. No rust+open roads.
It doesn't make much difference tho, you still live in Florida/Arizona/New Mexico.