/hbg/ - Homebrew & Hacking General

Last Thread: /hbg/ Wiki: homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 11.3 (11.5 via system transfer or hardmod)
Wii U: 5.5.1
Vita: 3.60
PS4: 4.05 (Userland)
PS3: 3.55

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
b9s + CFW: 3ds-guide.b4k.co/
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC
Vita: pastebin.com/D3rMbNQp

-RECENT NEWS-
>3DS
[Aug 4] Hint at Flipnote Studio 3D entrypoint for 11.5. If you don't have it, you can get it from the My Nintendo service. twitter.com/MrNbaYoh/status/893211375446753280

>Wii U
[Jul 24] Hint at a Crunchyroll entrypoint. twitter.com/WiiUbru/status/889303560655175684
[Jul 18] System version 5.5.2 has been released. It patches the browser entrypoint.

>Switch
[Jul 19] The BBB team released the first few ExeFS and RomFS dumps. gbatemp.net/threads/477954

>DSi
[Aug 2] ugopwn leaked. [Jul 22] CFW and SD redirection announced. twitter.com/Tankerbot/status/888977743777583104/
[Jul 15] RocketLauncher will support most retail game cards. youtube.com/watch?v=muuRpyYgGyI

>Vita
[Aug 11]
[Jul 29] Vita online activation no longer works on 3.60, if you haven't activated it Adrenaline will NOT work. gist.github.com/yifanlu/c4cc12d3f1ccaebbf1846b84a69a4bfb
[Jul 29] HENkaku Enso got released. enso.henkaku.xyz/

>PS4
[Aug 3] 4.73 released, blocks MTX Key, ban reports on shared piracy accounts. wololo.net/2017/08/03/ps4-firmware-4-73-released-blocks-mtx-key-ban-reports-shared-piracy-accounts/
[Jul 11] PS4 MTX KEY, a modchip that allows game sharing, has been announced. wololo.net/2017/07/11/ps4-mtx-key-announced-preorder-ps4-modchip-gamesharing/

Other urls found in this thread:

sciresm.github.io/33-and-a-half-c3/
sites.google.com/site/completesg/hacking-guide
gitter.im/capito27/Pasta-CFW/archives/2015/05/23
twitter.com/ylws8/status/851835322811994113
mega.nz/#!rUUDwQQB!tZud_L5XK1S_PBta09XtJrhE_nqITYFoMZ7bVQzhhJM
mega.nz/#!74ZiWbZB!fV56Qm8hEgZJ-VWKObmuawbYtkgXY41K23UDCVxcSQI
github.com/DanTheMan827/uTikDownloadHelper/releases
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

What am I looking at with that OP image?

soldering done by antman

Reposting , fucking bump limit
So, been trying to play Master Blaster Zero on a n3ds on 11.5 b9s, keep getting this weird error. What's causing this? Bad dump or am I missing a step?

ps3 syscon chip being dumped

looks like ps3 syscon dumping. i think that cable is for its serial port

>Vita online activation no longer works on 3.60
Does this that if I didn't install HENkaku Enso, my PSVita is fucked?

And that requires intercepting data sent to a cpu? Seems complicated.

you can still install enso, but you can't install Adrenaline for psp/ps1 games.

>no mention of 5 hours till magnethax in OP
kill you're self OP

flipnote3dhax when? This is a waste of money. This was "advertized" as being able to hack your 3ds only with a flashcart or a magnent.

I really think life would be easier if people learnt how to read.

sasuga dumb frogposter

flipnote exploit has nothing to do with that though its just an entrypoint youll only get homebrew with it no cfw or anything like that since safehax and udsploit are patched

fuck magnethax. there's already too much 3dshax. let waitfags rot in fucking hell.

the syscon is the ps3 security processor if you own that you have full control. for instance if you qa flag a system it can ignore some things like hashes that would cause the system to error out. also downgrading and converting for cex to dex and back again. its truly handy.

you need to get the hack on the flashcart somehow dumbass

also flipnote3dhax will only be homebrew, you can't downgrade firmware or install B9S with it

magnethax is your only chance, everyone is holding back arm11/arm9 hax for EOL, don't be a latefag next time

you need it for 2DS you massive faggot

problem is that past 3.55 the token for qa flaging was invalidated. and the exploit was fixed. so you can only qa flag on 3.55. which means downgrading. it adds safety though.

Woah what! Since when were Powersaves viable for 11.5?

you're using it on a ds flashcard not a 3ds card

Yeah but does that mean magnethax actually got released?

because ntrboothax can't be like that

as a simple explanation the header must be changed as the 3ds looks for a custom header to boot from the ntr cartridge on the combo and inject the custom code also into the cart

you cannot change the header from a .nds, as it would not inject the code as it does regularly, as this is also actually a security precedure of most flashcards

They actually did a presentation of ntrboothax/ntrcardhax here sciresm.github.io/33-and-a-half-c3/ and it goes pretty in depth if you want to watch it, they also put up the slideshow, it has been known before anything like ntrboothax was in the works to be created that you would need a tool to write the firmware onto the card. also flipnote is just userland, nothing anybody cares about. it also ain't gonna be released now that pokeacer really activated their almonds

releasing within 24 hours according to sciresm

cant you just run an update file from the super card ds2 ive done it before and it changes the game that shows up

Has anyone even made anything good out of FES yet?

The wait is Almost over

that is very basic editing of the editor, you used to have to use AKAIO for anything more than that.

It changes the header right, and then flashes a new firmware. a nds cannot flash new firmware, hence why AKAIO was made. Use AKAIO to flash firmware, and replace custom header to redirect to firmware so ds bootrom recognizes it and launches whatever payload (whether that be gm9 or safeb9sinstaller)

im reasonably sure the ds2 updates change the header data. when you boot the old ds2 with an update file in it starts up to a progress bar so i think its flashing some internal chip with a new header.

yeah, but it doesn't change internal firmware from the flashcard, akaio was used to custom engineer ones. The flashcard can change the header, but not install firmware. so, you might as well do both from the get-go with a powersave

true i hope the program that they issue can undo this after its been used.

You can un-magnethax a card and use it for games afterwards.

Also, obligatory: "five hours."

here
I'll I want is to play romhacks anyways. I just want homebrew . Couldn't they just make a ntrboothax program anyways?

Does anyobody know where could i buy a R4 in mexico? last time i bought one was on mercadolibre but i can´t find any
i want to get one in case that my r4(r4i sdhc dual-core) doesn´t work with magnethax

youll want cfw much easier with romhacks

great so all my friends are going to be bugging me because im the only one with a compatible nds cart. its going to be like when i was the only one in school with lumines for the psp.

I want to buy a 2DS XL but already have a n3DS XL, n3DS, o3DS, guess I could sell the n3DS.

But witb homebrew all I have to do is put the romfs in the folder and open it with hans. How simpler can you get than that?

So hol' up. Magnet hax requires more than just a magnet? Why were people hyped for this? It's cheaper to buy a 2 dollar DSiware game.

Magnethax works on any firmware version, and even on bricked (blue screen) consoles. You could even rig it up to work on a console with no SD card slot, though the release version won't (I can see about making something like that if people need it).

Also you can use the flashcart for games afterwards.

But for someone with a hack 3DS already, it's cheaper (and easier) to buy a DSiware game. The problem is that the transfer process is inconvenient. Just as inconvenient as buying and waiting for a flashcart. I can understand how it helps the latefags and anyone stupid enough to brick their console but that's it.

lol just tell them to get a job and get a flashcart, literally everybody has one anyways

the dsi getting its own cfw means more dsi hacks.

it's not for people who already have a hacked 3ds, or even ones without it, it's a save-all for every firmware, so if there is no exploit, you can use ntrboothax.

also memchunkhax2 was impossible not to get bricked before the 2nd week

How long does it take for NTR to make screenshots?
I just measured several times the time for Rosalina and it was always between 6s and 8s.

pls help

>TFW there will never be an rpg as good as xenoblade chronicles

I'm sad now. I don't think the bar can possibly go any higher, perfect cast, perfect story, perfect world building and experience....

What luma version? Where is the game from?

Would updating from 11.2 to 11.5 break anything on a old3DS if I am on the latest version of Luma?
I remember I didn't update to 11.3 when it came out because it supposedly would break the Homebrew launcher and GBA games.

It's common knowledge that you can update if you already have a CFW installed.
You really shouldn't have to ask.

>FSPXI: Hash verification failure (only for NCCH region hashes?).
This is what i found. System region, games region, luma version and luma settings. Tell me those

Game is corrupted. Download the one from freeshop and check again.

should I play it on my wii u or 3DS?

Is Sighers Emm /ourguy/?

Oh I see, I just haven't been to /hbg/ since April or so. Thank you for answering anyways.

11.4/11.5 breaks ctr-httpwn, no reason to update to 11.5, luma now supports online on old firmware.

Unironically, yes. But meme posts like this do more harm than good.

>11.4/11.5 breaks ctr-httpwn
no it doesn't.

>luma now supports online on old firmware.
I didn't know this. Cool

Wii: sites.google.com/site/completesg/hacking-guide

>Just installed a FF X-2 dump
>game is on crack and auto skips everything
Boy, so finding a working dump is still a pain in the ass.

WiiU, no doubts.
If you want a more "portable" experience, play the version for WiiU, you cn play only on Gamepad.

the reason dumps are fucked is because the eboot is dumped from memory after being decrypted. this is after aslr re arranges the eboot in memory. this is why sleep mode breaks things. what we need is the keys from 3.60 f00d to correctly decrypt our own eboots. this will sole many problems.

I didn't even know about this chatroom the pasta devs made.
gitter.im/capito27/Pasta-CFW/archives/2015/05/23
It's funny to read through their logs. Just read the part where they are mad that they got kicked out of #3dsdev, pretty good stuff.

>no it doesn't.
yes it does
twitter.com/ylws8/status/851835322811994113

If it was "broken" for so long in 11.4, why did he only post about it today?
I was literally using it yesterday and it worked fine.

>april 11
>today
really activates your almonds

what are you doing with it? using eshop on 11.4?

luma makes online play work on old firmware

ctr-httpwn still works on 11.3 and below

I have no excuse. I wasn't fully paying attention.
But still it was working fine. It's still working fine for me.

Well, yes. I don't play online, I just hop into the eShop from time to time. I have Luma 8.1.1 on sysnand ...

well FUCK ME I thought I was on 11.4 this whole time and I was on 11.3. No wonder it's still working. But Luma certainly isn't doing the job, I just booted eShop without httpwn and was told to go update. Is it only games that Luma makes work?

>Is it only games that Luma makes work?
yes

you should stay on 11.3 so you can use ctr-httpwn to always be able to go on eshop without updating every system update

Well, yeah, of course.
Anyone who wants to laugh at me being dumb can feel free to do so btw.

So I've had a hacked wii for some time now, and I recently got back into it, however I've noticed that on certain games there's black borders around the game screen, even if played in 16:9. This isn't a region specific thing. the NTSC copy of Dokapon Kingdom I have has a big border on the right and a smaller border on the bottom, and the PAL copy of Metroid Prim trilogy has small borders on the right and bottom. If I set the Wii to run in 480i rather than 576i, theres a black bar on the bottom. Can this be fixed with Component cables? I'm going to be buying them anyway, I just want to know if this is a problem with composite or if there is a setting in USB Loader GX that can fix it.

What mods can I get with a PS1?

I have a PS2 on a 320gb HDD with a bunch of games and its great but what about PS1 games? PS2 modded can have PS1 games on the HDD because the emulation is worse than eating homeless man asshole

Can PS1's run with hard drives or read burned games or what? I have an old original and a mini PS1

Can anybody spoonfeed me how to mount my SD2Vita adapter?

>ps1 emulation
ps2 has a ps2 CPU on board. it's native, not emulated

dumb wojakposter

>ps2 has a ps2 cpu
fuck me i meant ps2 has a ps1 cpu on board.

PS2 cant run PS1 games off the HDD though. Discs sure but can it play burned discs with ESR? You can get 2 different really shitty PS1 emulators, POPS and something else. Both are trash.

I can't dump a decrypted eboot for Dungeon Travelers 2-2, but I can at least manage to extract the CGs if anyone is interested. Someone else will have to do the character and monster graphics.

mega.nz/#!rUUDwQQB!tZud_L5XK1S_PBta09XtJrhE_nqITYFoMZ7bVQzhhJM

>ps1 games can't be run off ps2 hdd
the fuck is that? why the fuck is the playstation hacking community so fucking lazy?

Dont know. The POPS emulator also is an official sony make emulator for the ps2 to play ps1 games back when sony was going to make an early PSN to download and play ps1 games on your ps2 and modders STILL dont have it working right or the 3rd party emulators based off POPS.

Like 15 games work *kinda*

Also, I created a Mai dump of Coven and Labyrinth of Refrain with the 1.02 patch, which allows fast-forwarding, included. It's Japanese-language-only, though.

mega.nz/#!74ZiWbZB!fV56Qm8hEgZJ-VWKObmuawbYtkgXY41K23UDCVxcSQI

If i delete my nintendo ID will i lose access Haxchi?
i used the account to buy the DS game.

its because its a real early build of pops like pre beta early.

been out of the vita scene for many months since vitamin 1.1. very pleased to learn about enso as henkaku's online requirement was my biggest issue

anyway, what is the difference between vitamin and maidump? should i use one or the other? or both?

Thank you, kind sir.

maidump is more advanced then vitamin 2.0 maidump handles some problems associated with library files

maidump is way better, no one uses vitamin

so try to download your games in maidump format, but you can make .vpk into maidumps anyway

Vitamin is generally less stable, although Mai also has a bug where installing over ~32 games with it will prevent you from changing loading modes to allow the use of DLC. As a rule, Mai is better, but if there are games, DLC, or patches that are only available as Vitamin dumps, feel free to use it as well.

ah, gotcha. so maidump is preferred and vitamin and maidump use different types of dumps. ill go read up on how maidump works so that you dont need to spoonfeed me. thanks for getting me up to speed anons. the vita scene is moving really fast now.

If Powersaves works as the 3ds.guide placeholder says it does, a Powersaves + Flashcart is less expensive than a refurbished 2DS + DSiWare.

Even for someone with a CFW 3DS that are looking to hacked a single stock system, transfers are messy. If you have a CFW N3DS and want to hack an O3DS with DSiWare, you can't. If you have a CFW O3DS and want to hack a N3DS, you can, but if you want your NNID back on the original system, have fun contacting Nintendo. And if those systems have different regions? lol

ntrboothax takes like 5 seconds compared to DSiWarehax taking much more than 5 seconds as well, and it can be used more than once per week. DSiWarehax can't replace a hardmod if you brick the shit out of your system like an idiot, either.

You're right, though. DSiWarehax is still very nice, but just because DS flashcarts cost more than $2 does not make it better.

Does anyone know if uTikDownloadHelper still works. I'm trying to use it right now and it's downloading at 17 KB/s. That can't be normal, right?

did you update it?
github.com/DanTheMan827/uTikDownloadHelper/releases

are you blocking nintendo urls?

maybe Nintendo is doing maintenance

Downloaded the newest version and nope, I'm not blocking nintendo. I guess I'll just chalk it up to maintenance and try again tomorrow.

Oh fuck. Been wanting this since forever. But fuck i wish someone could do something about the Japanese. This game works or is one of those 3.61?

Just opened my new vita, connected it to wifi, made a snack, and now it's saying this
My system is still 3.60 but do I need to do something about this?
It's not gonna update while I'm not looking will it?

The update won't install until you accept a license agreement, so just choose No. There should be an option to disable auto-downloading of updates in Settings, and you might be able to delete the update itself in Content Manager, though I can't say I'm sure about that.

Good question, I never thought about this,
Anyone, please?

Just press yes, do it now.

Is the Voice and se folder suppose to be empty?

I tested the dump myself, so it should be working fine. I assume those are somewhere in the PSARC.