/tswlg/ The Secret World Legends General

INCOMING BLADE SUPREMACY! edition

Last issue: >FAQs:
secretworldlegends.com/faq/
secretworldlegends.com/news/steam-launch-info/
store.steampowered.com/app/215280/Secret_World_Legends/

>Guides:
tswdb.com/miscellaneous/the-ultimate-beginner-guide/
reddit.com/r/SecretWorldLegends/comments/6j2qkc/hopefully_complete_guide_to_all_things_swl_made/
reddit.com/r/SecretWorldLegends/comments/6kr224/guide_to_gear_and_upgrading/

>Current In Game Event:
tswdb.com/events/the-whispering-tide/

>Latest Patch (2.03) notes:
secretworldlegends.com/news/update-2-0-3-patch-notes/

>Automatically join Veeky Forums (ded) & Sanctuary (community help) chats:
forums.thesecretworld.com/showthread.php?74514-Scripts-for-Customchats
Create two text files in your SWL/scripts folder (might have to create the scripts folder first)
Rename them to auto_login and auto_teleport , WITHOUT a file extension.
Put the following text into the files:
delay 5000
/chat join vidya
/chat join sanctuary

>Eat a bee
>Gain the ability to control magic and bend the elements to your will
>Or superhuman strength and dexterity
>Or the ability to shoot real good
I always felt like the ranged weapons were shit. I guess you could say the bullets are anima infused or something but still.

>let's give blood a healing ultimate that doesn't heal the healer, is channelled and also healer takes damage from healing
>let's give fist a healing ultimate that heals everyone instantly

What's the MoF price progression for weapon unlocks? I haven't even got the first one for 5k.

>INCOMING BLADE SUPREMACY! edition
>

Your superhero ability of righteousness is to become the Punisher

holy shit we made it to bump limit

>heals more damage
>is also a HoT
>cleanses more effects, too
heh

They aren't just anima infused. They are anima. Your guns aren't just guns, but foci.

Actually the Blood is channeled, has 4 ticks and those numbers are for each tick

I don't know much about this game but I'm really glad I chose a build with fist weapons now

>instant absorb(reminder that absorbs are strictly better than heals with the strict exception of spot healing, and you aren't spot healing with an ult)
>heals for more per person
>cleanses more
and it's not like this is wow where channeling roots you(hey blizz lemme move while using hymn), you can still move freely

>heals for more per person
EXCEPT THE HEALER :-DDDDDDD

yeah, per person it heals
that's what i said

actually
4*(4*1500)=2400
5*(2000+4*750)=2500
it's pretty close to the same amount of healing in total
slightly less

Whats the point of ulti if healer dies in the process? :-D

>still haven't fixed the eyebrows and eyelashes
>these goofy fucking scenes ruining any kind of atmosphere
gg

Is anyone else hoping they bring aux weapons back as full weapons?
What weapons would you wield if they did?

I hope they do something with them. They were neat. I loved my power glove. It was so bad.

Post your agents!

>instead of increasing the spirit blade damage by a shitton and keeping the mechanic that requires effort thus achieving a effort into reward
>they instead removed all effort from it and lowered the maximum power a bit

This is EXACT opposite of what I wanted.
I want a "jesus this weapon is hard to use and risky but HOLY SHIT it has the highest damage in the game"
Instead it's most likely going to be a weaker hammer/first
>here you go have a brain dead mechanic

That's not bad. Where'd you pick it up?

The blindfold's a TSW holdover I forgot how I got. Possibly a monthly sub reward.

The top is the fist mastery (Wu) outfit.

Bottom skirt is the plumed dress beneath it.

I just want chainsaws back
Because chainsaws

Whip
Let's be honest, Konami will probably never make a Castlevania that isn't a pachinko machine again.

Where do you get faction outfits now?

Every time I see a scarecrow with one I feel an acute pang of jealousy.

Are there double barrel shotties? Because I want one of those.

Fuck, the blindfold was like, a 2012 tsw veteran reward. You old as shit!

>meet russian player
>always an assault rifle main

hmm

Yeah actually. I picked it up around the point it went buy to play, which was just before the Mayan event. Played on and off (which mostly consisted of coming back for each new issue and doing the new missions, then departing again.).

What? It was sub based?

Really boring and generic, user.

at launch you had to buy it, subscribe to it, AND there was a cosmetic cash shop.

>Relaunch
>Gonna redo the game cus it sucked apart from the story and atmosphere
>OHBOY MAYBE ITLL BE WORTH IT
>All they did was change around the fucking combat system to be more cumbersome and everything else was the same.
>Force everyone to start again so they can pad the time before people hit endgame as they work on Tokyo
>New Agartha town i guess.

Honestly i have to say they botched this.

I think they judged that it was too troublesome to really overhaul the combat properly, so instead what we get is this halfway point which nobody really likes. It's not proper action combat and it's not proper tab target.
Well, not like the decisions outside the combat are any better. Fucking clothing.

it's good for casuals like me who were too shit to finish before, so i guess they got some of that sweet casual money.

I like it better than tab targetting

it's more engaging than DDR-tier button pressing

You know in the original game you had the option to use EXACTLY what we have in SWL?
But in SWL we don't have the option for tab targeting.

can someone tell me what the actual hammer/fist build is? I constantly see people complain about its damage but can't find what the build actually is...

>double barrel
IIRC, the ones the scarecrows have are /triple/ barreled shotties. I too feel incredible envy towards them.

I thought it was just me.

Threadly reminder: Use CTRL + B to report bugs in-game. A GM told me about this feature, so hopefully they actually use it and its not just left over code from TSW.

Also, the devs have requested that we speak up if we want something...which is ironic because those cunts won't give us an official forum. Don't be afraid though my sweet Bees, you can still verbally abuse talk to them via the official discord server too.

If you have ever given a shit about the Secret World series, now is the time to have your voice heard so speak up you little shits. That is all!

There was a reticle system but it was objectively far less polished in both presentation and execution.

>When I said could keep it at all times, I meant during combat, phases where hitting the boss is not an option you would lose the spirit blade, but if you werent retarded you could set up the chi in such a manner that as soon as you can hit the boss you are going to instantly go into spirit blade.
Except you lose all your fucking Chi when your Spirit Blade breaks you horses ass. The only way to set up your Chi to 4 is to break your SB willingly during the previous phase and attack the boss 4 times without SB. Which is literally the same thing as doing it after the phase switch.

With a dps build, there is no way to build up chi without anything to attack. In order to save up Chi, you need to attack WITHOUT SB active. Anyone who has played Blade knows that.

Why do these ignorant retards come here and lie about the game? What do they get out of it?

Reposting from Reddit:
GENERAL

The Devstream - Lots of info in today’s devstream. We’ll go over each point here, and here is SWLRP's awesome summary of the stream. Click Here:
Whispering Tide ends the 15th - Log in on the final day to witness a grand spectacle as the tide recedes. Any unopened Custodial Relics still carried after the event ends turn into “Expired” Custodial Relics and provide some Anima Shards when opened. Expired Relics do not require a buff to open.
Tokyo: Back to the Beginning - The next region in the game, Tokyo, is being released on Wednesday the 16th. This is the first of three installments of the region, adding new story, new missions, new monsters, and more. Future installments, due over several weeks, include a previously-unreleased Lair.
AEGIS is gone - The system known as “AEGIS”, an old progression mechanic in The Secret World, is not featured as a part of character progression in SWL. There will still be references to the system in the story.
Weapon Skins - The oft-requested Weapon Skin system is being added in the next patch. These visual effects may be collected and applied through the Dressing Room interface. Basically, whenever you obtain a weapon with a unique appearance and bind it to your character, its skin is saved to the Dressing Room. Don't throw away weapons with cool skins before the patch!! We can only grant you skins for character-bound weapons you currently have in your inventory.
Elite Scenarios - Similar to Elite Dungeons, the Scenario system is receiving a scaling difficulty system. Prepare for a challenge!
Manhattan Exclusion Zone - Without getting too ahead of ourselves, the next content update after the first installment of Tokyo is the Manhattan Exclusion Zone, also known as “New York Raid” or “NYR”. This is the game’s first full raid encounter and will feature multiple difficulty levels.

UPCOMING CHANGES

Spirit Blade is receiving an update in the next patch. Instead of a time limit, a forged Spirit Blade now stores up to 10 charges that are expended when dealing additional damage. These charges do not decay over time. Charges may be restored by consuming Chi. Other effects, such as the self-heal, are not changed. Certain skills and weapon effects have been redesigned in light of these changes.
Enemies who are immune to crowd control, such as dungeon bosses, will no longer be affected by crowd control diminishing returns. This essentially means that players can always interrupt a boss without worry of affecting crowd control resistance (as long as the boss is intended to be interrupted in the first place).
XP Distillate rewards are being improved across the board for Elite Dungeons.

BUGFIXES & KNOWN HOT ISSUES

More fixes for crashes inbound, including potentially the crash-on-exit issue.
Fixing an issue that caused the bonus effect from Otherworldly Artifact to not function properly.
We’re planning to add a mission inventory to help with inventory space clogged up by undeletable mission items.
We are aware of an issue causing unresponsiveness from the daily login reward window. If the button isn’t doing anything, give it a rest and try again in a few minutes.
Runic Automatons are really loud!
The Draug Heart will occasionally drop again in the next patch.
We’re looking into improving the feedback when attempting to log in to the game. This includes, hopefully, actually telling you when the servers are down.

Please, remember to pack some lunch and orange juice before doing secret adventuring!
Be careful about over exhaustion and heatstroke.

Pretty sure they said that they will. Aux is dead but they intend to bring them back as full weapons.

So I'm currently leveling as a DPS but I have a lot of extra AP/SP and upgrade gear lying around that I'm thinking of building up a secondary role and equipment.

What's more demanded endgame? Tank or Healer? Which is easier and what builds are common?

our cabal was full of healers/dps/tanks but it seems the tanks checked out first

apart from dps queue times cant go wrong with any choice.

>starting to get a ton of Infernal caches

where do you get Agartha caches? do they still drop?

The theme of caches change every so often.

>where do you get Agartha caches?
auction house.
>do they still drop?
nope

Rotation of caches changes monthly

Healsluts shouldn't be alive to begin with; only REAL MEN keeping themselves VIGOROUS with the POWER OF SHOTGUN!

That's a cool shaman outfit!

Why THE FUCK does the ACU patrol cap have to cost aurum? This shitty substitute ruins the whole thing...

Just buy aurum with Mof.

They'll show up in the uniform tab as you level up, iirc.

As in additional "normal weapons"? Eeeeeeeh...

>yfw when you find out the whole story with this guy

...I don't even understand how the exchange interface works? You post your desired amount and buy-out price and then sellers will have to contact you with whispers and the trade has to be done manually?

What area? I don't remember any followup on this character when I played tsw?

Kingsmouth Airport

Uh, that he's a phoenician? That's hardly a big reveal, is it?

He's a phoenician that "replaced" the local Kingsmouth airport worker to infiltrate the city and killed another worker by beating him to death when this one realised that something was off.

Yeah, he's basically the way they are introduced to the player.

Tbh, he's a pretty decent character though! Good portrayal of phoenicians as semi-competent, ruthless and somewhat sneaky. It's just that the dude's suspicious as fuck so doesn't really come as a surprise?

This is what I'm using
idk if it's optimal though

The fug? You can get several, and higher tiers, of these daily reward distillates?

thats just the event reward tho?

pls help

5k, 30k, 60k, 75k
Aurum price caps at 400

Thanks. Prices of the skills to go with the weapons are the same?

When you unlock a weapon you unlock both Actives and Passives at once

Yes. Everything inside the tree is the same.

Oh okay. I remember something about having to unlock separately.

>Except you lose all your fucking Chi when your Spirit Blade breaks you horses ass.
Not really, just the boss going away and your spirit blade expiring was enough. You didn't need to do anything other than letting it break right after the boss becomes unhittable.

>The only way to set up your Chi to 4 is to break your SB willingly during the previous phase and attack the boss 4 times without SB.
WEW LAD, now I know you are a shitter who doesn't know what he is talking about.

>With a dps build, there is no way to build up chi without anything to attack. In order to save up Chi
WRONG

>Why do these ignorant retards come here and lie about the game? What do they get out of it?
Boy that dunning kruger effect is strong on you huh?

The fact that you think your ignorance is proof and the fact you get angry at the fact that somebody even presents the idea means you are a shitter in denial as well.
Good luck with that.

It was LITERALLY THE SAME, I mean LITERALLY the same. The fuck are you talking about?
>"ar less polished in both presentation and execution.
My ass

I'm casual as fuck but want to try this game out

can anyone give me a no-brainer damage build that will carry me to endgame?

dmg skill of one wep + dmg skill of other wep + elite of main wep + aoe skill + self-heal + litearlly whatever
builds dont matter for solo content

Hammer is pretty no brainer

Basically this. Hammer, fist, and the gun types are probably the most beginner friendly damage options.

There's more complex things you can do but the build system on the whole is a lot simpler now.

I hope if this game goes under/into maintenance Funcom at least does a single player game that continues/wraps up the story.

>Just soloed Lutefisk at level 20

I feel like I should've gotten an achievement

You might as well get a trip so people can filter your posts. Literally the same shit in every thread.

Not my problem if you want to live in fantasy land. If you want to believe you are right you are better you should refrain from posting your uninformed opinions on the internet.

The question is: what's the next wild claim followed by "lol, no spoon feeding!"

It's funny you know exactly what is being referred to.

People posting factually incorrect opinions backed up by "my feelings", getting told they are wrong and then rather than double checking their shit, they want to be explained everything like a toddler that is incapable of thought.

I mean, you could at least change the way you space and punctuate every now and then. Otherwise people will completely stop replying to you eventually.