Is the toyobaru the last great drivers car built?

is the toyobaru the last great drivers car built?

slower than a minivan

name one ''great'' thing about those shitboxes?

Name something so good about krautshit

Costs half of what an m2 does

no but speaking of brz or gt86
which one would be the better buy ?
i plan on buying a new one and the brz has factory brembo brakes and better shocks than the gt86 from what i heard is there any other significant difference ?

a better daily driver
is better looking
costs less

how about 3
affordable, light, nimble

whichever is cheaper
theyre literally the exact same fucking car

tons of such cars in the used market can be had for 1/4th of the price of a toyobaru
it's too expensive for what it is

is street legal, unlike the 1le

>name one "great" thing about those shiboxes?
>posts a car that shares a lot of features with said shitbox
Amazing, it's like you don't even think

at least it has the performance to back up its price

They don't break down all the time
They don't cost an arm and a leg to fix when they do
They don't require baby hands to work on

>unironically caring about legality

confirmed the biggest cuck on Veeky Forums

>respecting the law is for cucks !
literally nigger mentality

>i will drive this inferior car to please my government
>also please give me more of that sweet sweet cultural enrichment

Costs almost 60,000 dollaridoos. You can get a stingray for that kind of money.

imagine being this dumb

it's a brand new car there are no repair costs during the 5 year warranty period.
Plus the GT86 is the least reliable toyota.

I love toyobaru but yeah its a bit too expensive

imagine bending over like a bitch in every aspect of your life to please other people

>Plus the GT86 is the least reliable toyota.

remove yourself from the gene pool

>are you really defending a car that only run well for five years? Jesus christ dude, have you heard of planned obsolescence?

Least reliable toyota? it still can boast marginally better reliability than krautshit/ameriturd garbage...

>Plus the GT86 is the least reliable toyota
[citation needed]

not an argument
this isn't a drag car, its about handling and precision on the backroads, at a decent price

Nice fake news

>it's too expensive for what it is

Oh fucking well. Go spend twice as much for twice the HP and more weight. We don't have much of a choice unless you want a clapped out sports car. Not everybody wants to look like a fucking tryhard in a used Boxster or Cayman.

People spend $27k on dumber things like Harley's.

or a 2014/15 Z06. You'd still have better reliability

Or you can buy a Miata for $4k and btfo the toyobaru in the handling department
>clapped out sports car
the toyobarus whole interior is a cost cutting exercise

>fake news
>two sources citing the exact same thing

see

you're just retarded mate
only niggers don't know how to live in a society
funny thing is i bet you work and pay your taxes like good little goy

>new vs old meme
just stop

Oh I can cite the same thing from other sources too.
Yeah you'd rather enjoy getting swindled.

The least reliable toyota/hyundai is still incredibly reliable when compared to BMW's bullshit

>toyobaru is the best drivers car!
>I can't do my own maintenance!
>this thread
LOL LOL

Anybody else, who replies to this baiting faggot, deserves to neck himself.

The Aventador is still in production.

>not understanding what the fuck we mean by driver's car
>can't do my own maintenance
you just proved the point of a toyobaru > BMW

Is this bait?

>n-no the toyobaru is reliable I swear!!
lmfao the truth hurts

Commuters for normies are supposed to be the most reliable, not real drivers cars that are getting beat on every day.
You'd know that if you weren't a busriding cuck.

How fucking stupid can you get?
Why are you okay with a car that has been engineered like shit?
Post all you want, you still can't hide the fact that Toyobaru > BMW in reliability, you retarded mongoloid

Lmao I drive a boosted miata and it's not reliable but it's a better car than the brz/gt86 in literally every way.
Same with the M2.
Only mechanically inclined normies are autistic about reliability.
Even a fucking STI is a better buy than the toyobaru cuckmobiles for wannabe car guys.

make sure you don't break the speed limit lol

Friendly reminder Toyotas are for retards that can't change oil and for sandniggers than can't afford anything better

*proceed to buy an even cheaper camaro*

you lose to camrys at stoplights, that's pretty fucking slow

V6 camry makes 300 hp, for a literal retard like you that is all that matters

Just because it has a toyota badge on it doesn't mean its reliable. Remember its 90% subaru

>I drive a boosted miata
lol how much boost can that glass engine take?
the head on my coworkers n/a mx5 granaded like a week out of warranty

>lol how much boost can that glass engine take?
8psi easily, you're fucking retarded theres nothing "glass" about it

The 911 Carrera T just came out so no, the Toyobaru isn't the "last great drivers car built"

>102k

>miata
>glass engine

What the fuck m8.

Still a great drivers car and newer than the Toyobaru, OP never said anything about price

just buy a ford gt

oh its 500k? you never said anything about price poorfag

The miata is made to run high rpms isn't it? I see people beating miatas to shit all the time and they seem pretty reliable to me

>fr-s

so buy a camry

For the price of an FRS I'd rather just buy a WRX

FRS/BRZ trolls are really stretching now.

OK chassis with shit motor and shit tires is nowhere in the list of "great drivers cars".

The WRX is faster in every category and the only argument against this is some autistic sperging about feels. You can get them even cheaper than the BRZ to boot.

Literally no reason to buy one (new) and it's amazing they haven't been dropped from the lineup as they just don't sell. Then again, seeing Toyota's shitty special edition respray is more than enough proof they've stopped caring about it.

What is with this meme? Michelin Primacy HPs are in no way shitty. No, they're not pilot sports, but they're not even close to truly shitty tires like primewells or douglases.

Something a BMW owner wouldn't know a thing about, reliability

>engine has no power
>up the boost on the engine so your car is finally faster than a minivan
>engine explodes
ebin

>Michelin Primacy HPs are in no way shitty.
When they're that thin it literally doesn't matter. They're "sports" tires but not good ones

sticking a turbo on a brz wouldn't make the engine explode user

>a BRZ turbo would explode
>but a WRX doesn't

A lot of guys put blowers on them and with anything other than a stupid tune they run very well.

You do know there are differences in the motor other than a turbo, right?

The 86 motor can't take much more than 300hp before being built.

300hp on a 2700lb frame is a pretty fast car.

t. doesnt have insurance, license, or registration

THIS. Almost every reviewer agrees that this is the better car.

>glass engine

its not a hachiroku tho

also no popups

I swear to god nobody here has the cars being discussed, jesus...

We're talking about either recent or current production, also the AE86 was Japan only.

The Corvette C5 was the last car sold in America as far as I know to be built with pop-ups. If you mourn their death, blame pedestrian impact safety regulations.

The AE86 was not Japan only and don't fucking dare even think about typing AE88..

Uhm, ok buddy, whatever you say.

ae88

>He fell for the Toyota marketing meme
I mean I'd drive one but come on nibba

AH88

The 1.6 is definitely more revvy, but that engine is basically from a Mazda 323 turbo, but without the turbo. It's got oil-cooled piston jets and a pretty beefy crank for its size.
The 1.8 can handle a bit more HP, but both are good for about 200-225hp, stock bottom ends, but the 1.8 and iterations breathe far easier..

Some retards use hachiroku to refer to the new 86 as well as the old one.

And by 200-225 I mean concretely reliable. Just need bigger injectors and ECU, piece of piss.

I had one, was disappointed by it. In my experience it’s much easier and cheaper to make a car handle well than to make a car faster. I got rid of my ‘13 FRS, and bought a ‘10 Mustang GT. I had enough money left over to buy a cold air intake, header, x pipe, exhaust, and tune with $1100 left over for me. A year later (last February) I bought $2000 worth of suspension parts and my Mustang drives better than the FRS ever did. Faster in a straight, quicker in a corner after mods, and you don’t feel the 400 lb weight difference due to the mods and torque.

Lol I love pictures like this

Well it never came to the US. There was the 82 I think, which had 86 printed on it because it was a similar platform, but we never truly got the 86 as 82 was printed directly next to it

No, that was the AMC Spirit.

>implying ill ever take my 1le to europooristan

>You do know there are differences in the motor other than a turbo, right?
In this case they're the exactly same engine with different intakes and exhaust manifolds because the WRX has a turbo and the BRZ doesn't. There is little difference aside from the intake, exhaust and turbo

These things are already depreciating like rocks. There's an Abarth near me for like 27k CAD with 30k kms on it. Brand new it would cost me like 40k CAD

Perfectly legal in the US.

>500k
>rich

No.... USDM AE86s had AE86 in the chassis code and AE88 in the VIN, something that Japanese cars didn't have. The AE82 is a completely different car. Please stop talking about shit you know nothing about.

brz is objectively better and doesnt look like it has downsyndrome

a better question would be os it worth the added price

my opinion is no

You are proving the point wrong. Its a car that handles moderately in the corners and isn't even good at speed

What province are you/the car in out of curiosity?

I live in Commieforniastand, I want to move to Florida and buy an ND Miata.

for 5k you can get a miata and turbo it for equal handling and speed and this is coming from someone who hates miatas

They're the reincarnation of the ae86 and they have the same qualities that made that a great car

Ontario, in the GTA