I'm glad we all agree on this...

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-h_rndLUTgc
youtube.com/watch?v=q3WdxhXlLpc&t=14s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>not pictured because not enough space to depict brain size: i6

v12 n v10 need to be swapped memelord

lol, enjoy the 5 mpgs you spastic.

V8 is loved by americans and your image is implying its used by intelligent people so no.
V10 is not balanced.

>if it's loved by Americans it must be bad
Found the proud shitholer

what the fuck is a V4? do you mean I4?
>once again, OP is a faggot

What do you have against v4s?

V10 is the unnecessary compromise nobody asked for. Doesn't make more power than a V8, but requires so much space that you could've just as well designed the car around a V12.

Actually all he said was that Americans are stupid, but of course you wouldn't understand, you're stupid.

el destrucitad de genes blanco already coming up with heat because hes literally never heard what logic is.

uuum everyone loves v8 except for kids sustaining residual asstrauma over this image

no he probably means V4

but he's badly under-rating the v-12

>Doesn't make more power than a V8, but requires so much space that you could've just as well designed the car around a V12

what a stupid thing to say. What V10? what V8? V8s in general? One particular V10 against one particular V8?

it's the same as
>haha VW is faster than toyota

You must be pretty easy to satisfy if you still haven't grown fucking tired of V8s despite being absolute surrounded by them in America. At times they were put into absolutely everything apart from minivans and the most basic econoboxes.

Why is V4 on this? Are you opposed to motorcycle engines or something?

Why would V10 be most intelligent? It's an unbalanced layout just like a V6.

way to prove him right

V4s used to get used a lot in race bikes. It's a pretty good geometry for that application, actually.

Imagine an EJ that someone hit with a hammer.

>MPG
>not feet-per-gallon
shiggy diggy

>V8 is loved by americans
apart from Nissan's most successful endurance prototypes being V8s, a smooth V8 helping put Lexus on the map in the 90s (and being one of toyota's most reliable engine ever made if not thee most), it seems like the Japanese took a liking to them too.

The intellectual choice

Yeah b-but AMERICA. AMERICANS. Doesn't that just ENRAGE you, fellow proud shitholer?

>Not rock-throws-per-cup

FTFY

>i5

918, e9x m3, mercedes amg

patrician taste

i want to disagree but i cant

V10 cars (off the top of my head):
>Dodge Viper
>Porsche Carrera GT
>Lexus LFA
>Lamborghini Huracan
>Audi R8

Shit, can't disagree.

The V10s in the Dodge Ram, Ford Super Duty, Ford Excursion and Ford E-350 are pretty retarded. What the hell were they thinking stuffing low reving petrol V10s into utility vehicles instead of a straight six turbodiesel or something?

My negro

>V10s into utility vehicles
FOr the RAM cars like the SRT Trucks they were just for fun. for Ford... they never really made a performance Excursion or V10 truck so i'm not entirely sure. SRT Ram held the record for fastest production truck in the world until an aussie UTE went faster (although they used a car platform with a truck bed as oppose to a body-on frame truck).

volvo s60R reporting in

Initial cost is lower and believe it or not until recently diesel was hard to find outside of truck stops

I'm talking about the 8.0L Magnum V10, not the Viper V10 in the Ram SRT-10.

the Magnum 8 Liter V10 is what was in the Ram was it not? i don't think the Viper V10 was used in anything but the Viper.

two things

1 diesel was still not ultra widely available in the 90s

2 you can run them on LPG & CNG

*or wood gas youtube.com/watch?v=-h_rndLUTgc

The ram's had the V10 before the performance versions and the viper came out.

They were primarily commercial engines.

bmw M5/M6 as well. More than that, idk

Nah, they're different units. The Magnum V10 was derived from the Magnum V8 and made 300 hp and 450 ftlbs. The Viper V10 was developed from the ground up for the Viper and then transplanted into the Ram SRT-10.

Likewise the Ford Triton V10 in the trucks, vans and big SUV made 310 hp and 425 ftlbs.

>forgettting the eldergod-tier flat twin

>hauling a fifth wheel full of hay with a wood gas V10
THE ABSOLUTE MADMEN

>V16

Ugh, V16 is impractical for moving anything other than the Hindenburg, and W16s are fat and heavy. Shit tier.

>Practicality
>Weight
Spotted the serf.

>not wanting a 20L V16 in your Geo Metro

lol, we put them in minivans too.

What about the V5?

What minivan has ever been V8? The engine bays in them are far too short.

No such thing, you're thinking of the inline 5:

LOL AMERIFAT REDNECKS ARE SOOO STUPI...

>not knowing about the V5

look it up, too many to list

Have you not heard of VW's 2.3 litre V5 engine?

kek
>not knowing the VR5.

It's called the VR5, and it's basically inline 5 architecture with the pistons repositioned slightly.

obviously must not have been very good if they moved on to the VR6

Honda had a V5 too

>Banks Share a Cylinder head
>V
Pick one.

they are still raging

the VR6 and VR5 are about the same age, but the VR5 was a bit of a dead end, as it's not as good a a 6-cyl, but can be done with an I4 turbo.

Lancia had a V4 where they moved the banks so close together that they could share a head. It's different from moving the pistons in an inline 4 slightly apart.

The Vr5 is literally a Vr6 with a cylinder chopped off.

It's a 15 degree V, with 3 cyl on one bank and 2 on the other. Why? Because VW.

Also Audi S6, S8 and RS6 for one generation, the RS6 even had two turbos strapped to it and could do 700hp with nothing but a tune.

No one makes a v12 that's good enough, the numbers they are putting out are on the low end compared to a 8 or 10 that are pushing what the engine can do

>VR5 is developed
>"its just a Vr6 with a cylinder chopped off"
>people quickly move on to tuning the VR6s and the i5s
really gets the 'ol noggin joggin

On paper its not a bad idea. The power of a 6 cylinder with the packaging of a slightly larger 4 cylinder.
Add some forced induction and strong head bolts to the mix and its a great package

I know what it is, I'm just saying it's not really a V in the strictest of senses. But W's aren't really W's either really. So I suppose I'm shitposting and splitting hairs that needn't be split.

when you're one of the biggest auto groups you have to waste R&D money somewhere, but at least it gives a fantastic exhaust note.

Also it sounds good and is bretty unique. At least for me, unique goes a long way.

Indeed. I wouldnt mind putting the money into a vr6. In fact I have a friend with a clean-ish low mileage vr6 jetta that he'd be willing to sell to me. Im honestly tempted to buy it for a fun daily

Glorious all-aluminum, 32 valve, dual overhead cam, 18L V8 master race

The 2.3 V5 was a piece of garbage, really. No wonder it got monstered by the 1.8T for the people that wanted performance, and the full on Vr6 for the people that actually had the money for the performance. Great sound tho, but not much else going on.

They sure had a lot of interesting, out of the box engines and general stuff. Such as the somewhat stupid Audi A2, with it's specially developed 1.2 TDI and the famous Lupo 3L.

you could also say the W16 in the veyron, the V10 TDI in the touareg, V12 TDI in the Q7, and W12 in the phaeton and conti GT are all dumb but at least they are a nice showcases for fantastic german engineering

They're not fun.
They're slow.

Slow cars can be fun

Don't forget the madmanmobile that was the Passat W8. That particular engine has about the same dimensions as a Ford 302 turned sideways.

I love how V12 lovers say this configuration is the most exciting out of all

V8 makes more torque, it's more reliable

V10 has 3 out of 5 of what most people call the best sounding road car, so it's not the best sounding or rev happy

So what makes it so good? Apart rom muh soul and passion

The only thing that makes a car fun is being fast?
nothing compares to the smoothness of the power delivery of a v12

Because viper

forgot they shoehorned a W8 in a passat.

flat 12 > everything

It's true each design has its inherent plus and minuses, but for example the LFA engine is smaller than most V8s in performance cars

It all comes down to application and how it's going to be used

>not flat 16

>FWD
>Heavy
>4 door
>Uncomfortable
>Underpowered
>Bad seating position
What exactly is fun about a vr6 jetta?
Rusting your hood while doing a scrape n vape?

>h6

I think I love you

>heavy
it weighs about as much as any other fwd v6 sedan
>4 door
this is bad on a daily driver why?
>rwd
this is bad on a daily driver why?
>uncomfortable
no lol
>under-powered
ok
>bad seating position
depends entirely on the person sitting in it. you dont need to sit on the floor in a sedan

It is still used on motorcycles. Arguably even more so these days. Most MotoGP bikes are V4s, and both Aprilia and now Ducati have v4 superbikes to speak of.

I don't own a 4 door at all.
Also all 4 of my cars are RWD.

One has 100hp and is underpowered, but it's fun because it's manual rwd 2 door with a good seating position and good feed back.

4 doors is bad for a DD, it makes it harder to park. How often are you carrying more than 1 passenger anyway?

other user. my 4 door has just about the best all-round visibility of any car i've driven, short of a miata with the top down

>nothing compares to the smoothness of the power delivery of a v12
>

>engine layout
>engine Iayout
>engine layout
>engine Iayout
>engine layout
>engine layout
>type of combustion cycle
GREEN IS SMALLER THAN PIZZA

>what the fuck is a v4
Only about the best bike engine ever
youtube.com/watch?v=q3WdxhXlLpc&t=14s

Wew bruh look up the engine yamaha made for the lfa, it's quite compact and weighs less than whatever the fuck toyota's 3.5L v6 is