Lots of people shit on American cars and always prefer Japanese cars for drifting, drag racing etc...

Lots of people shit on American cars and always prefer Japanese cars for drifting, drag racing etc...but at the end of the day all you guys take your little ricer's and put an "AMERICAN ENGINE" in them I'm talking about the great LS1! Cause its cheap more reliable and provide more power with each simple mod. Give credit where its due we need a little merica in our cars to make them 10x better!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/uy0u4aHaWcc
roadandtrack.com/new-cars/a15884757/ford-gt-lap-record-vir-viper-acr/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

youtu.be/uy0u4aHaWcc

American engines are alright at times, but the cars surrounding them have traditionally been complete dog shit.

Americans engines are superb. Shame they are stuck in appalling American cars

retard yuropoor detected

LS isn't even a good engine, only people who are ignorant of cars swap them.

Ford GT is kind of the opposite, Great car, mediocre engine.

It's the cheapest and most reliable way to get to xxxxhp. What engines should people use? Some 600lb 200hp Toyota V8? A $50k 400hp Ferrari engine? Some 600lb dohc V6?

name an engine that's cheap ,reliable and provide more power with each simple mod with good mpg? also that's cheap

Ford Modular

Ahh yes, poor people also use it. It's slower than the Ford Modular, Gen 1 SBC, 2JZ, and probably even more.

It's mediocre.

oh look another american engine yet proving my point thanks!

my money is on you being the OP, and you're just trying to bait people

Have fun dealing with a big block sized engine stuck at 500hp.

A $500 truck motor is slower than some "high performance" engines. Wow.gif.

>Gen 1 SBC
as a chebby man, no this is wrong

I've never seen such a brainlet comment.

It's k, you can keep your poorfag mindset. Thanks for reminding be that big blocks dominate drag racing further making the LS even further down the list.

Wrong, Gen 1 SBC kills LS on the regular in drag racing.

Nope.

>Better hp/$
Its the american way. I envy that you can actually own big V8s, easier than we in europe can buy a l4 shitbox. But your car culture.. you are doing it wrong. Normal people don't stick a truck engine in a sports car, ever. Even if it has 1000hp.

>1.2l diesel cuckbox owner telling people actually building fast cars they're doing it wrong

bait

>on the regular
Dismissed.

"normal people" shouldn't be designing engines that get out performed by truck engines in the first place. It's not our fault that our truck engines put perform supercar engines.

Americans only do this because it's cheaper in America. That's literally the only reason.

LSs aren't cheap anymore so that argument doesn't hold much weight.

New rule. Each American manufacture must pick a Japanese manufacturer to build their rolling shells and nips a burger for the engines. What are the pairings?

The argument for LS is also that power goals can be met for less money. It holds plenty weight. Purchase price is not the only factor.

Didn't Ford and Mazda collaborate in the past already?

>tfw no Mazda RXV8

pretty much, unless you're getting an actual truck motor, like a 4.3 or a 5.3.

for all you dumb fucking niggers in the back, the 5.7, 6.0, 6.2 and 7.0l LS engines are not fucking truck engines. tired of this shitty meme.

Yes but not in the right ways. The ford probe should have been a miata with a modular. Instead it was mostly Mazda engines in Fords.

I think that meme is that all pushrod V8s are truck engines

Ford is the reason the S1 RX8 was an utterly trgic engine eating shitpile.

Remove 2 oil injectors? Whats the wort that can happen!?

>any year
>not swapping an actual truck motor into your car to tow another example of your car

The Probe was literally a heavier MX-6 with stiffer suspension and popups.

dude, retards even meme about the viper V10 being a fucking truck engine, and its god damn not.
kek

Cool argument dummkopf.

American cars look the best

>the great LS1!

it is shit

>mediocre engine.
nice delusion, the GT is faster than the z06 and the ACR

So it beat 7:13 and 7:01?

For all of the unreliability memes the first gen RX8 gets, it is a fucking amazing car

Yeah, except the memes are real and the car is underpowered shitbox.

How insecure do you have to be to make this thread?

Once you swap in a good engine.

roadandtrack.com/new-cars/a15884757/ford-gt-lap-record-vir-viper-acr/

here. sperg at it

Doesn't look like the nurburgring to me, why would i sperg?

Does anyone have that picture of misfaiaringu shisutemu man and his steven segal looking buddy looking at an LS swapped vapereza in confusion?

Looks really good in RL.
You need to get out of your cuck cave.

>but at the end of the day all you guys take your little ricer's and put an "AMERICAN ENGINE" in them I'm talking about the great LS1!
But most of them do a 1JZ or a 2JZ instead

What a shame. The engines are the coolest things about old bmws. Why would you throw them away

There's always the 1le/gt350

imagine the gains when after market camless heads become available for all that displacement

>>hellcats with VVT
Boi.

>>>Hellcats with infinitely variable valve timing and lift as well as 4 valves per cylinder

cummins swaps are retarded
>low revs
>increases weight of car by 50%
not to mention weight distribution

oh look another retard racist trying to claim the achievements of a race as his own

its hecause he has no achievements

>t,torquelet

Only faggots who can't afford to build and boost the stock engine do that

LS swaps are a good way to take a decent track toy and turn it into a mustang
>no bro i redid my suspension to compensate, honest!
said noone ever

Also
>American drifting
Is just powersliding

It's the newest of the retarded meme swaps and normies think they're cool.

>Muh freevalve meme
Useless. Multiair can perform 90% of it's theoretical function, and 100% of it's practical function. Why bother generating a cam signal with an electric gizmo, when it's much easier to just take a single cam, have that provide a hydraulic ''signal'' and modulating that? That's probably the main reason that Multiair is being used in production cars, and Memevalve isn't.

The Hemi already has VVT though. Viper V10 even came with independent exhaust/intake VVT.

How about this for the 4th gen Hemi:
>Aluminium block based on 3rd gen architecture
>available in 304 (4.04x2.96) or 392 (4.04*3.906) ci
>5.0 for maximum revs, 392 for maximum torks
>Single cam-in-block
>Multiair 32v system operating both banks
>Cylinder deactivation
>Full VVT/VVL
>Multiple valve events per cycle
>Twinturbo version of both
Theoretically, that 304 could rev to 10000RPM before it'd hit the piston speed of, say, a Voodoo. Imagine that kind of airflow and power, all in the beautiful packaging of a cam-in-block engine.

agreed
I mean the hellcat challenger is good and all with 700 horsepower but it could be better
>landboat at 4400lbs

what's the difference between drifting and powersliding?