r33gt-r.com/2014/10/how-r33-gt-r-improved-upon-r32-gt-r.html
youtube.com/watch?v=4XYX2cC1dnY
gumtree.com.au/s-ad/berwick/other-automotive/r32-rb25det-gtst/1173267480
speedhunters.com/2017/07/nismo-grand-touring-car-r33-gtr/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

R33

whichever is legal where you live

R34 is undoubtedly the best but it's also the most expensive

R34 just so you don't have to deal with hydraulic 4 wheel steering inevitably leaking.

Gonna have to explain it's duties a little bit. Daily driver? Track star? Trailer Queen? Only then will you be able to be informed properly.
For myself personally I'd like a R34 for my daily driver and a R32 for my track beast because it's the lightest.

I live in australia so all 3 are legal. They all have pros and cons. Even tho r34 is my fav i know it's heavy af, and that it has a problem with the stock rb26. Also import ot buy locally

R30

If you have to ask the answer is the R32 GT-R. Yes you don't get the MFD. No it doesn't matter.

R33s have electric HICAS as well

R34 GTR is the best by far due to it being the newest and most notorious, followed by the R33 than R32.

R32's are fun for what they are, but really show their age. R33's feel super solid and nice to ride in, with back seats that actually work. The R33 gtr's performance feels much closer to the R34 GTR than it feels to the R32 GTR.

Source: owned multiple GTRs over the years.

PS. The only people who shill the R32 are poor people who can't afford the R34, or whose nanny state government doesn't allow them to own the R33 or R34 (yet).

33 and 34 have the same system because Nissan didn't have the budget for the 34, they wanted to stick a v6 in the 34 but didn't because of budget.

I don't understand the point of your reply's relevance to mine, but for sake of conversation, what system? Are you talking about ATTESA, the electronic rear diffs in the 33 and 34gtr vspec's or HICAS? Again, your speaking to someone who has owned multiple variants of the 32 to 34 gtr, not read the wikipedia page like most.

Still gonna be few years tho. Have my ls and my dad is gonna give me his 98 a4 that isnt legal because of yhr engine, for my ps but tryna decide becaude i love all 3 of them.

>Again, your speaking to someone who has owned multiple variants of the 32 to 34 gtr
Yeah okay. Pics to back that up?

i shill for the r32 because its the best looking

Not going to post up photos because I can be identified in a second if you live in Australia. Two of my GTR's have been documented on thelowdown (and other similar blogs) and featured high profile at EOMM meets at eastern creek.

Here's a history lesson for you. Ill preface it, know that most soccer mum cars like toyota klugers, land cruisers and BMW X series are worth far far far more than your pick of R32 to R34 gtr's aside from the ultra special models. Aside from being a busrider, most people can afford these cars. I don't know where you are from, maybe you are in a country where "zOMG r34 gtr !!!!!!! how is it federal legal!!!" but in countries where they have been legal for the lifetime, the shine wears off quickly.

Back in 2013 an R32 GTR could be had for 11k AUD. Thats the price of the cheapest Hyundai or variant of a new car you can buy today. Staceys dad could buy her a 32 GTR or a Suzuki Swift if he wanted for her first car. Are you seriously questioning that anyone with a job can't afford that? R32 GTR's were literally cheaper than S15 silvias (funilly enough I traded a 32 for an S15. R32 is worth double the S15 now)

Similarly an R34 GTR was 40k, even for a nice model with some tidy aftermarket parts. Again, still far cheaper than any soccer mum car and is comparable to typical family cars.

Look on skylines Australia's for sale board, and see how cheap these cars have sold for. R34 GTR's cross shopped with FD RX7's and Evo 8 MR's. R32 GTR's cross shopped with S15 silvias and S2000's.

My advice: sell the MX5/EG civic, get a job and you too can own a 15-25 year old japanese shitbox too. I didn't claim to own an F40 or Veyron.

>but in countries where they have been legal for the lifetime, the shine wears off quickly
Right. That’s why the Rs Meeting and Nismo Festival still happen every single year in the sole country that they were made and sold in.

So are you having fun LARPing on Veeky Forums? I bet you’re the same dipshit who was giving advice about what cars are good and bad on the touge while not knowing what the actual fuck you were talking about.

Sounds like you're that motive dvd guy. But yeah, If i wasn't a p plater back then i'd own a gtr now.

What are you on about? Again, I live in Australia. The shine of skylines wears of quickly when literally every single time I drive to the shops I see a skyline.

R32 GTR's were sold brand new in dealerships here and raced in group A at Bathurst (although most present in aus are grey imports). R33 and R34 GTR's were grey imported to Australia as soon as they were released.

We even have a whole GTR festival held at eastern Creek where every single variant of the GTR attends. Australia loves GTR's we have some of the fastest in the world. You're showing your age, and void in knowledge of cars if you think skylines are only sold in Japan. Hell, half the youtube videos are australians flogging them around Sydney and Melbourne aside from the best motoring/hot version videos.

Andrew is constantly on the GTR Facebook pages, and has the whole YouTube thing going on. He wouldn’t be shy on fucking Veeky Forums.

I’m calling bullshit on the user. Literally who says this
>Not going to post up photos because I can be identified in a second if you live in Australia

Hahah defintiely not Andrew Hawkins. Although I did meet him in 2006 briefly at the Australian Drift GP or whatever the name was where he commentated it.

>I’m some famous GTR expert
>I have never heard of Rs Meeting or Nismo Festival
We’re done here. You’re full of shit bud.

>he thinks I don’t know about the few AUDM R32s and EUDM R34s.
Japan is the only country they were ever mass marketed to. Everyone else got sloppy seconds.

I don't doubt him, I've met a few aussies from here that own insane cars.

Sounds sick, his 32 is a beast

Maybe you aren't a professional? I'm a professional and have a vested interest in not being identified by the typical 4channer when they rock up to a meet in a forrester with a mighty car mods CHOPPED! sticker plastered across the back of their windshield on black plastidipped wheels and aftermarket steering wheel from super cheap auto.

It's a shame you can't have a conversation with someone without being buttmad about them having owned a 15 year old japanese shitebox. I've given you heaps of reasoning. Even if I did post up a photo, you will call shenanigans. I could have posted up a bread on hood photo, and all you would say is that its someone elses car. Its absolutely futile and everyone reasonable on this website understands that.

That’s probably the fucking worst excuse I’ve ever read. If you’re any sort of businessman you’d take an interest in the opportunity to sell to someone regardless of their appearance and/or demeanor.

But like we established earlier, you’re just full of shit and role playing on Veeky Forums.

Fucken hell. I ask one question nows its ww3

Nah, just one user jealous of another anons success.

HAHA what the fuck mate. Where have I said at all that I don't know that Nismo festival is? I don't live in japan. Why the fuck would I have any experience or input about it. Im not a famous GTR expert. It's only that they are only a relitively small amount of R34 GTR's in australia, and everyone knows everyone who has owned one. Everyone knows the history of each and everyone for sale on Carsales at present. Its impossible to do anything without it getting around the circle. Its as simple as that.

The R32 GTR had great success in Australia and thats why its known as Godzilla. Top lol, I hope some other Aussie user reads through this blokes posts and gets a good lol out of some cheeto dust fingers 17 year old MX5 owner feverently scrolling through wikipedia trying to attack some random dude on the internet for what sounds like owning his most favourite and precious car ever!!!

Cheers mate. Most people on here are reasonable. Its just the spergs (from Initial D Hell facebook page) that seem to get so bent out of shape and enjoy punching upwards at people who have a car that they don't have, or have the means to have. Im out mate take it easy.

Nah don't go, I want to talk more about skylines

What am I trying to sell? All I did was come on here and give some input to the OP about some of the GTR's.

You’re afraid of the small chance of being identified by a picture of a car you have never owned on Veeky Forums of all places. Top kek

>Initial D Hell facebook page
Now I know you’re LARPing lmao

>What am I trying to sell?
There’s a really simple answer to why I said that, but I’ll leave it to you to find it.

You would not believe the amount of people on IDH who don't post and own really nice cars. Rob Dahms was in there for a while you moron. He has a Diablo and an RX7! Oh. Em. Gee!!!

Oh jesus, if your imply im andrew hawkins and im on here trying to shill a carbon headlight cover that is absolutely hilarious.

Ill leave it with this. If you genuinely think that owning a 40k 15 year old japanese snot box is somehow difficult or admirable I really feel sorry for you. Pick a career, study at uni (or do a trade), work hard and be successful in it and the cars will come. Don't bother pumping all your money into a shitbox car. Buy a car you like, don't waste money on it and in future get what you really want. If thats a GTR of some description, cool. If its a noisy red ferrari, also cool. If its some obscure vintage car from an eastern european country that doesn't exist anymore thats also cool. Its a shame to think some people have such a defensive and helpless attitude and get buttmad about people who have things they don't. You won't make it with an attitude like that friend. Have a nice day :)

R32 is lighter and the best looking imo but suffers from oil pump issues on some older models and horrible weight balance and understeer at 58:42
33 is a decent in between 2 and 4, featuring elements of from both at a decent price and having a much longer body with better weight distribution at 56:44 but weighs 100kg more than the r32
R34 is the 'ultimate' gtr and most famous, with more custom nismo engine parts stock, best distribution at 54:46 and other cool shit they threw in for the gtrs swan song while only weighing 6kg more than the r33
theres more to it but thats a basic run down, with price increasing each gen. theres more info online for the small nitty gritty bits if you wanna dive that deep

This guy: has awful communication skills. The R33 is very similar to the R34 under the skin is all he's saying. Which is exactly what you said too.

Add the R34 VSpec diffuser, a front diffuser, some new turbos, some chassis reinforcement... etc and the R33 GT-R is pretty much on par with the R34 GT-R as far as chassis goes. The head engineer in some interview said he wished that the R34 GT-R had an aluminum block V6 instead of the RB26 that it got, which is something that you can easily find online.

I understood what he meant, I just didn't understand the relevance in posting it as a reply to me :) . I found the largest difference for me between the 33 and 34 gtr (aside from the 'street cred' ) was the quality of the materials and switchgear. Not really the driving. The R32 felt a lot older, especially noticing the slower resolution of the attessa compared to that of the 33/34. It can and did catch me off guard plenty of times coming out of a wet corner slightly sideways, adding opposite lock and then the front wheels start receiving torque. Real quick way to end in a tree ringing your insurance company.

Idk if it's true but doesn't the 32 have a worse FR ratio than the 33/34?

yes i am a retard ok. i drove a shitbox smelling fumes for 6 yrs

yeah, i put it has the worst at 58:42

R34 just like that one

oh yeah, i see. But that's easily fixable right? if the balance was the same as the 33/34 it'd handle the same, right?

Is it really that different? I felt like the R33 and R34 interiors are both pretty much bog standard 90s Nissan. The R33 Series 1 steering wheel is absolute shite, if I get an R33 GT-R it's definitely going to be series 2 or 3 and I'm going to retrofit the R34 GT-R steering wheel.

God no, it's not. Go read about some of the changes from the R32 to the R33 to even get to 55:45. reddit.com/r/cars/comments/66muj1/the_difference_between_r32_r33_and_r34_gtrs/

I was leaning towards a 33 since the 32 and 34 are memed hard and the 33 is undervalued imo

nope, engine and attesa weight is all in the front making it impossible to counter unlike the 33 and 34

so the attesa system is in the front on the 32 and in the rear on the 33/34?

The ATTESA system is like one little controller in a box, it's not that heavy. The actual hardware didn't change very much. Read this if you want to know what it takes to fix the aero + weight distribution of the R32: r33gt-r.com/2014/10/how-r33-gt-r-improved-upon-r32-gt-r.html

yeah will do, thanks.

Yeah, I think I'm going for an R33 too. Usable back seat sounds great to me. The trunk is a little small but still totally usable for groceries and other little tasks. This would be a weekend car anyways, not like I'm going to be packing my life's possessions into it.

I also don't mind the interior. I know a lot of people find it to be utter dogshit but I have to say not worrying about stepping on a leather kickplate suits me a lot better. I've driven an F80 M3 with a full leather interior and all the other extra options and honestly I'm mostly just anxious about marking up the leather or accidentally cracking/scratching the embedded M3 logo in the seats, etc.

There's a balance to be had. I don't want super cheap hard plastics but I don't want high maintenance luxury materials on every surface.

Oh man, this makes the 32 sound so shit to drive compared to the 33/34

Interior doesn't mean anything to me, and personally I find the 33 to look good, especially in white. I think going for a 33 now before people start getting them would be the way to go.

It's not "shit" per se, it has some value. Otherwise people would never bother with cars like the 930 Turbo.

youtube.com/watch?v=4XYX2cC1dnY

Posting a Nismo 400R on Pikes Peak. What a wild ride.

On an unrelated note. Who wants to see the car im gettin on my ps

r32 is the only answer

wrong
r32 is the best.
get a lock out bar idiot
or we like the r32 because we arent 15 years old
>Back in 2013 an R32 GTR could be had for 11k AUD. Thats the price of the cheapest Hyundai or variant of a new car you can buy today. Staceys dad could buy her a 32 GTR or a Suzuki Swift if he wanted for her first car. Are you seriously questioning that anyone with a job can't afford that? R32 GTR's were literally cheaper than S15 silvias (funilly enough I traded a 32 for an S15. R32 is worth double the S15 now)

this is stupid. insurance will be like $5k a year for stacy to buy a 2 door twin turbo 30 year old sports car, petrol costs will be insane and the repair bill would be huge when stuff inevitably breaks.
>The shine of skylines wears of quickly when literally every single time I drive to the shops I see a skyline.

wrong. 32s are rare as fuck and 34s are somewhat rare. seeing an r32 is like seeing a unicorn.

>like skylines
>hate RHD
>like actually hate it
>have piloted RHD cars for at least 12 hours on track
>fucking hate it
Oh well~

>That’s why the Rs Meeting and Nismo Festival still happen every single year

Ah yes I also love speed hunter articles

R32 GT-R production run was 43k. R34 GT-R production run was 12k. Please try to be realistic in your statements.

did i say GTRs genius? anyone in australia will agree you will see heaps of 33s everywhere, see quite a few 34s mostly n/a driven by p-platers. but you will almost NEVER see an r32

hakousuka

Yet another skyline. You should go to car meets, you'll totally stand out from the other 200 skylines.

Everyone in this thread is a flaming faggot

t. Skyline owner

>like the r32 because not 15 years old

I like the R32 because of its success in homologation racing. Its cool if you like it, but if you were to lay out all three keys in front of me you can guarantee without fail the R32 would be my last pick. It feels old and slower than the later generations. The interior is abyssmal. The AC would be lucky to take 3 degrees out of the air temp in summer heat. And no airbags aside from the super rare factory option in which all my years associated with skylines ive never managed to see in the flesh. Inb4 "I like a raw car!!!1 I don't need AC or airbags!!! it takes away from the experience!11 My MX5 doesnt have airbags or any semblance of build quality so my R32 GTR doesnt either!"

The stacey analogy was an analogy about how cheap they were to buy. Literally the same prices as the cheapest new car a couple of years ago. They aren't P plate legal, so your verbal diarrhea was unnecessary - everyone ausposter with a brain understood what I meant. And hell yeah I agree, heaps of shit breaks on the R32, its nearly 30 years old and has the worst engine of the lot!

PS- I know a few fresh off P plates with R32 GTRs. Insurance is 2k a year with a solid agreed value. Shop around, unless you enjoy getting taken for a ride of 5k a year for insurance?

What are you on about? Again, if you read the posts I live in Australia. The shine has worn off for everyone. They made 45k R32 GTRs. They are not a rare car, maybe your hell hole gubberment won't let you get your hands on them, speak for yourself.

Every time I drive somewhere I see a skyline. Every time. The hilarity of calling the R34 somewhat rare and the 32 'rare as fuck' is great, because they made a quarter of the amount of R34's as they did R32 GTRs. Moron.

C'mon man, hurry up and post all this up in IDH so we can see who you are :) You're not scared are you?

Hahaha this so much. At least he hasn't started quoting noriyaro yet.

Beat me to it.

Incorrect. Must live in a shithole area of Aus. In Sydney I see plenty of fucked non GTR's of 32-34 generation every day. So much so that I can't even differentiate between different levels of rarity. Of all the GTR's I see they are 32's every time. The amount of fucked R32 GTR's that pop up for sale is unreal, and would severely put me off buying one every again. Seeing a 33 and 34 GTR driving around puts a smile on my dial though.

I'm with this guy, I see ratty 33s and 34s but never a 32

Why is there always so much sperging on threads about Skylines

because its skylines, everyone who owns them is a normal person and who wants to own them are speds

Only spergs would give a good God damn about an old datsun 2+2 with the steering wheel on the wrong side, so it's fitting.

Did you receive your full vaccine schedules, too?

Because a bunch of 14 year olds that read wikipedia now want to fight each other about how they know more about the same article they read.

Skylines are shit for dollar to performance/fun. Only reason why I'm getting one is because I'm a fucking retard that wants to do something dumb because life is for doing the stupid things.

how are they shit for the dollar. what would be better?

There were more 360 Modena models produced than R34s (~11,500 R34s, 17,000 360s). If you only count the base model/V Spec/V Spec II, just over 10,000 were made.

I'm guessing the only reason they haven't hit E30 M3/997 GT3 prices is because they're illegal to register in the U.S., limiting its potential markets outside of Japan to UK/ROI, Aus/NZ, perhaps continental Europe and Canada as well. (And also maybe HK.)

A q50 or a lexus rc is arguably better on the road.

As for the track, [insert old FR shitbox here] with a few simple mods tends to be cheaper. Even an old Audi, Porsche, or BMW count because of the way they tend to depreciate.

But this isn't that much of a knock on the car itself. Old skylines are still nice.

yea i found a really nice 32 gtst that i was looking into but i want a 33 gtr for the better awd system, etc.

gumtree.com.au/s-ad/berwick/other-automotive/r32-rb25det-gtst/1173267480

R34. has strongest engine.

but barra stronger and will smash for a lot less spent on it.

Are you retarded, good sir? Shit for dollar-to-fun ratio? They cost less than a new Civic, and are pretty darn fun.

mate, barra swap a skyline and you're set for life. have you seen the r32 with the barra?

Fuck the "better" awd system. Get the 1200kg 32 gtst

Just wondering what the s14 subframe swap does, I've got no idea what that would do.

Good question. Evidently it's an upgrade, eliminates HICAS, too.

hmm, still deciding whether i save my bux for mods and buy a 32/33 gtst or buy a 33 gtr and have no bux for mods

Save your bux for the inevitable quasi-restoration that buying a skyline of any sort will entail.

No one sells their vintage performance car when it's stuffed full of new parts after fresh maintenance, often its the exact opposite

I'm bracing for this too. I'm tempted to do the omori factory rebuild service that they've shown on speedhunters.

oh man thats one big rebuild. I guess it makes sense, i want a skyline regardless of cost.

got a link?

>tempted

Nigger, please.

>buying a overpriced old car thats almost certainly been thrashed
Oh dear..

R31

speedhunters.com/2017/07/nismo-grand-touring-car-r33-gtr/

Depends on the price. If they're asking 60k for a total restoration then yeah another 20 years not spent worrying about rust or random rubber lines failing in new and exciting ways would be worth it.

The r34 must feel like a "supercar" the most, but it's 2000's 2fast2furious ricer shit.

I personally like the low key fit shape of the r32 the best. Nobody that doesnt like cars will look towards you and it seems simple yet a lot of fun.

Top tier aesthetics.

This is discrete

I have a 34 gtr.

It feels like a more modern car than the 32 by quite a margin, the interior has a more contemporary feel and looks a lot less dated. My car is a 2001 but low mileage (35k miles) but even with the relatively hard suspension there are no squeeks or rattles from anything which shows how well its screwed together. Hicas is still in place and I have had no issues with it, the input is very minor and hardly noticable, im pretty sure it only works over 50mph anyway.

I dunno what drugs you're on cunt r32's are everywhere

hicas only works if the rear is slipping

HICAS is rear wheel steering dude, it works any time you're driving. It reduces the turning radius at low speed by turning the opposite direction of the front wheels, but past parking lot speeds it turns with the front wheels.

ATTESA is usually off until the rear wheels start to slip.

oh yea, i always get those mixed up, i should read about both so i can stop mixing them up

Apparently HICAS is only enabled above 40 kph though? So probably not that helpful for low speed parking.

I have heard that with big power it tends to make the car feel unsettling, it feels like the rear-end is oversteering when it isn't. Hard for me to say, I didn't drive a modified example so it felt fine to me.

jesus, imagine shilling for the r32 at this level

If I were made of money I'd definitely get an R32 GT-R and keep it as stock as I could. I see it as a true classic car at this point.

from what i've heard that it increases rear bias changes as you increase power so you would need to get soemthing done in the transfer case to fix it.

when you ask yourself which to buy, ask yourself this.

>am i a wog?
if the answer is no, then you don't want to buy a skyline

Steers in different direction than front at low speeds/cornering. Steers same direction as front for high speed (lane changes). Think about it.

I had HICAS on mine and it was neat to feel the ass swing out, but I would have deleted it if I kept the car for longer. Was always wondering what it would do and when.

>not wanting a skyline
I get ya, who would want to be a filthy wog but skylines are great.

I have no idea what the fuck you're talking about at this point, HICAS has nothing to do with the transfer case. ATTESA will lock up as normal even with more power. But you want more front bias with more power to keep the car stable.

I get the logic, I remember reading about 4WS systems back in the days of Quadrasteer. But I'm surprised it doesn't activate for parking lot speeds to reduce turning radius.