/sthg/ - Sonic the Hedgehog General

Welcome to the Sonic General. Here we talk all about everything Sonic! Share art and music, discuss about new developments, discuss ROM hacks, speedrunning, and more.

/sthg/ #866 - Run Quick Edition

>Link CompilationDrawfag/Writefag Idea WallsSonic NewsGeneral Interest Links

First for Mania piracy.

These last couple days having been nice.

I AM THE TALLEST OF MOUNTAINS

I AM THE ROUGHEST OF WAVES

I can't imagine Mighty having a stalker crush for Amy

I wish Sonic was real

I'm mad.

How many characters are faster than Sonic?

>those embeds
>Not linking the last thread
Ah well, thank you for making the new thread. ALSO, WE'RE GETTING CLOSER & CLOSER TO #900, WOO HOO!

>the timer going apeshit

It's not funny when a guy stalks a chick

Gotta say Taxman, I know the final boss is supposed to be hard, but being able to actually knock rings out of Super Sonic is kind of bullshit

I wish I had Sonic Mania and Forces now.

no it isn't, it's something that should be standard.

If he couldn't, it wouldn't be nearly as challenging.
Dumbass streaming doesn't seem to get that Eggman phases are breathers though. He keeps trying to blitz it instead of playing it safe.

I wish all of the Sonic characters across the entire franchise could be happy for a change.
Except Tommy Turtle. And Pedoskunk. And Mephiles.And Chris

I'm fine with Forces taking it's time. It doesn't seem anywhere near done based on what we've seen.

Shit nigger wat r u doin?

Defeats the purpose of Super Sonic though. The ring drain is meant to compensate for his invincibility. The Doomsday (and most Super Sonic end stages) balanced it out by having enemy attacks deal extra knockback or slow Sonic down so the ring drain could kill him.

Hello mad, I'm user.

>mfw steam community hub for Sonic Mania
Shit, autistic sonic fans are everywhere
no offense, i love sonic, shame i gotta wait 2 weeks but whatever

>doesn't end with the jet slamming into the trade centers
shit gif

Linking the last thread because the OP forgot?

W E L P

git gud

Daily reminder it's canon now

>Sonic Mania was a prequel to Forces all along

Thanks Iizuka. Now this game will never stand on its own

Sorry, I'm autistic. Carry on.

As if it could stand on its own when 65% of the game is just old levels from old games

Big Arms says hi.

The same way Sonic 2 could never stand on its own being a prequel to Sonic 3 & Knux?

Seems like we did.

That was when Sega gave up.

One boss out of how many so far? Not to mention that Big Arms is not a Super Sonic only boss like the Doomsday and I'm assuming since I haven't actually watched the streams Mania final boss. I'm OK with a final boss fight being hard (that's the point), but having it be able to remove rings directly defeats Super Sonic's purpose and goes against precedent set in previous games.

so classic Sonic takes a detour in Forces for a bit and then comes back for an original taxman game. hopefully

also someone is definitely going to start a shitposting thread about this on /v/. enjoy spoilers being hidden while you can.

Wait what? It is?

>goes against precedent
Who gives a fuck.

If it gives a challenge then so be it, I'm tired of boring piss-easy shit Super Sonic bosses.

Knuckles' route is different from others

Sonic 2 is such an improvement over 1 shitty everything. I would say the biggest flaws are the later special stages, the 3 metropolis acts and the one-whiff-you're-dead final boss.

SEGA YOU FUCKS, I WANT MY CHAO BACK! JUST GIVE IT TO ME!!

No retarded Tomposter, Sonic 2 didn't end on a literal cliffhanger to hype up the game that's coming out the exact same year

It's really sad. Undermines all the effort put into this game really. Really can't believe the Iizuka memes were right. We couldn't have JUST a Classic Sonic game

Super Sonic defeats the Hard Boiled Heavy with the Infinite Gem and then they both teleport away while Tails and Knuckles watch Little Planet disappear. Cause Little Planet was in the game, I guess

Sonic 1 Sonic is the best Sonic

>they took an image at the right moment so it looks like the chao are holding hands
CUTE

I SAID SORRY YOU FUCK WHY BOTHER REPLYING TO ME WITH THAT PIC UNLESS YOU ARE MAKING FUN OF ME FUCK OFF I COME HERE TO RELAX AND JACK OFF TO AMY WHY WON'T NORMALFAGS LEAVE ME ALONE REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Even IGN is right once a day.

>We couldn't have JUST a Classic Sonic game
Now you know how Modernfags felt when we saw Classic in Forces

Now I understand why CD isn't on the elevator

The Sonic CD zones are because Little Planet is actually in the game. I think this might be a canon where CD isn't

AUTISM

You can, ya know, just not care? Modern Sonic isn't in this game, it's just a tie in.

Pretty sure the Classicfags felt just as bad.

you mean the sprites or uh...?

the feeling's mutual

Hey, I'm not personally complaining. Two games I'm excited for being tied in is fine for me. But, a lot of Modernfags hated the move.

I need more Bump & Sage, pls.

Post somewhere else, shill.

>Super Sonic's purpose
Super Sonic's purpose has primarily been to have a big flashy final boss with lots of fast and usually involving flying. The invincibility is just a carry-over from when its a standard gameplay reward for getting all the emeralds.
>goes against precedent set in previous games.
Since when are we considering SEGA and Sonic Team the guys we should follow the precedent of?

I could use some Bump too.

What is that fuck even doing these days?

Why do power level wankers always overrate Super Sonic so much?

Wrong. Super Sonic is an unlockable form given to players for collecting all the emeralds. It didn't become what you're calling it is until S&K.

Nothing really in his videos, planning on completing mania 100 percent day one, and doing a forces review video. He doesn't even like it, he thinks its the same crap and wants something more original.

He's mainly on a stream with his buddy every other weekend since 2 years ago.

I love how in Boom, Eggman's supposed endgoal is legit just to clear away the village so he can make a huge amusement park.

Like, in the main series he's been constantly trying to make his own evil empire where everyone in the world is under his control called Eggmanland which would be kind of themepark-esque in nature, and he'd be evil ruler or whatever.

But in Boom he legit just wants to build a fucking amusement park, with nothing particularly evil except for maybe absurd prices, and said the townspeople whose homes he took away could visit or work there.

That's such a stupid take, I love it.

Soooo.. nothing changed?

>shilling a game that came out in the stone age
ok whatever man

More or less.

>primarily been
We're talking the whole history of the games, bub. The purposes of things change with time. Super Sonic's purposed changed from what it was in 2 and 3, and it's been purely flashy boss material in more games than it has been a form usable in standard play.

Sonic 3 has:
>Best gameplay
>Best music
>Best visuals
>Best story
>Best special stages
>A slightly ugly Sonic sprite which isn't as pretty as the one from Sonic 2

Is legal bullshit with the music seriously the only thing preventing Sega and Taxxy from raking in tons of money from an HD port?

In Sonic Mania is the Stardust Speedway stage based on the past, present, or future?

Act 1 is Past, Act 2 is Present

If we count Classic games, it's only been that once.

I KNEW IT

One would wonder he doesn't just take over some other part of the huge fucking island but, after seen seem autistically try to shift his base 16 degrees because of a breeze, I'm not surprised.

He's also madly in love with Sonic and ultimately all he wants is his friendship, which is wonderful.

Speaking of Boom, is it just me or has the link list not updated in a while? Anywhere else I can download the episodes?

Best slutty deer! I wish we got a Sage in this style

Why doesn't he just deal in real estate and build the park legally? Considering how many times Sonic has stopped his plan, it would be way more effecient.

I would be okay with living inside an amusement park

>Sonic killing himself in CD if you don't move him is kinda morbid.
He doesn't kill himself, he's just like "Fuck this, I'm outta here," because he's impatient.

Gosh that is great. We truly get blessed by quite a few good artists in this thread don't we?

How's /sthg/ holding up?
As for me I'm shitfaced.

Bump is not a slut!

We kind of did, but it was never finished
I wish we got another Bump in that style. God, it's gorgeous.

I wish I was. Maybe then I'd pull the trigger and buy the PS4 version of Mania.

I'm organizing my storage room. I found some old Sonic X action figures in a box. One of them was Eggman. Today was a good day.

Angrier than usual.

The X finale has left me kind of sad, to be honest, and I'm not sure how to shake the feeling.

Tired but sleepless. Trying to unfuck my phone's SD card access so I can get back to playing S3C.

Everything that's happened with Mania the last couple days has left me pretty sad right now. My hype has drained and it's not even the game's fault.

WATASHITACHI NO SEKAI WA

I'm content.

Please be patient, it's coming soon. Those types of artwork take a really long time to refine.

I get what you're feeling.

why

Is this what Sonic did after Chris, his best friend, left?