2005 G35 Coupe

Thoughts?

Pretty fun and comfy car. Good for a sporty DD. Only negative is the VQ35 oil consumption, but it's not even that bad and some don't experience it at all.

Get an 07 or 08 if you can.

trash. get a 37 with a manual.

Any specific reason for doing so?

You get the VQ35HR, revs higher, has a fix to the oil issue, and an overall better interior.

VQ35HR

g35 coupe never got the HR

Isnt this that car which has luxury sedan 3.5l pigfat v6 engine that not only doesnt pull or accelerate fast but also consumes around 18l/100km in city?

The G37 looks better. Too bad its a lot more expensive though.

Theyre no slouch, but they do drink gas

Had an 06 for years - would have preferred the later ones with the better dash...the early ones have that stupid Nissan orange light everywhere...

It's not "fast" but it's quick enough. It's not meant to be a sports car...but a sport coupe.

Never had the oil consumption issue. My biggest problem with it was that it has different size rear tires, so no tire rotations so you'll go through a lot of rear tires.

I'd have another one, in fact. I kinda miss that car...

why don't these things hold their value? every poor swaggot is driving one, but they're a pretty good buy so I don't get why they go for so little

is there some major fault with them that outweighs all the good stuff?

good car if you can find it clean.
It's also very safe.

So a G37 is better?

>why don't these things hold their value?
>every poor swaggot is driving one

you just answered your own question

G37 weighs more than Mustang GT of the era so what's the point in getting one

Filipino-mobile

but my overall point is that poor swaggots SHOULDN'T be able to afford them, yet they cost less than a Honda Accord of the same year

INFINITI is supposed to be a luxury brand lol, no wonder nobody respects their other models and they sell like shit

This. I have an '05 and my mother has an '07. Although there's little things I don't like about the '07, the HR is leagues better than the DE and DE Rev-Up. If you can find an '07 or '08 G35S with a 6 speed, go for it OP.

Not to mention the suspension isn't fuck-all stupid on non-early models.

this car is the most dentist fucking thing on the face of the earth

get a 350z or a 370z instead

They don't hold price because Infiniti is a brand, G35s share almost every mechanical component with the 350Z, and have the same MSRP range as the 350Z.

I got an 03 that runs great, corners great, and accelerates well from a stop but my biggest gripe has to be is that cowl/power hoods look like shit on it and its not anywhere near roadkill yet so i'm not willing to cut the hood to fit a blower.

Bit of a nigger car and a lot of poor vapefags drive it going to their stancefag meets. Id say its the stereotype that comes with it which drops the price to 'affordable but you really shouldnt' which draws the stereotype to it again. Cool coupé otherwise with a nice engine, just ruined by the stereotypes driving it.

Official PUA / date rapist car.

What about the G37?
Does it give off the same impression?

Because
>Nissan.

Buy one then down the line turn it into a vaydor g35.

That's a base model Lancer with a evo bodykit. this is the mohammod-mobile.

Picked my 07 up in december with ~78000 miles on it.

Loving it so far, gas is kind of a bitch though. Going from a 2000 toyota Corolla averaging 35mpg on regular gas to this gettin ~20mpg on premium is killer.

why?

Well, it’s a post-Renault Nissan so...

Trash.

Post a proofs as to why this car is trash.
Convince me not to buy a used 2008 G37.

Later years are faster than a 350z but you look like an absolute tool in a G35, at least in a 350 you look like a ricer with slightly more money rather than a loser

They're cheap because they have the notorious 200X nissan interior quality. It's ugly, made of hard brittle plastic and hasn't aged well.

>Theyre no slouch
Debatable. They run around a 14 flat in the 1/4mi which is slow for a "performance car" going to impress anyone, and they're heavy and feel heavy.

It runs a faster 1/4 mile than the 328i which was its competition of the year. Really the only thing to debate are your expectations.

>do you expect to get bitches

>or get your boipucci fukt by 10 horny niggers over the hood of your G35

>being this asshurt

t. punished boipucci

Please get something newer. '05s don't age well, engine and interior

>that mirror

what the fuck, that looks like a total afterthought

Jesus this board is full of retards, The G35 coupe was only made until 2007, it never had a VQHR, it had a DE and a revup DE, do your research idiots.

G37 is pointless because it weighs more than sport compacts of its era like the Mustang GT. The G35 weighed less than its Mustang counterpart. Why in the world would you ever want a G37 when a Mustang has more power and less weight? It barely pulls on modless G35 as it is, the rear aesthetics are uglier, and the engine sound are also inferior to the G35. Interior is nicer on the G37 but who cares. The 370z although, is far better than the 350z as it weighs much less and has much more power

Or...just buy the car you like. Don't worry about what people think of you in it. That's how a high schooler thinks. Don't worry about weight, or quarter-mile times, or what cars beat it in some retarded video game...buy the car you want.

It never ceases to amaze me the dumbasses on this board who've never even SEEN a high-performance car, let alone driven or owned one, who run down fun, everyday cars because they're not as fast as a Veyron...

The G35/G37 coupes are fun, quiet, generally reliable, comfortable...nothing wrong with them at all.

Drive what you want and give less weight to strangers on an Internet forum...

I have one. I love it but the interior is SHIT. I'm getting rid of it soon though because the suspension is all kinds of fucked up