/ink/ - Splatoon 2 General

Brella edition

Last thread: - Redirect to current thread: splatoon.ink/ink/
- Splatoon 2 Map Rotation: splatoon2.ink/
- Booru: booru.splatoon.ink/

> News
- Splat Brella is released
- Mayo won the Splatfest in all regions!
- Sploosh-o-Matic (Curling Bomb, Splashdown ) is back: twitter.com/SplatoonJP/status/893391908172480512

> Splatoon 2 Information (links + translated tweets)
- pastebin.com/h04p6aqy
> Splatoon 2 Weapon Stats
- imgur.com/a/eV8p0
> S2 New weapon stats
- imgur.com/a/NFzgv

> Big S2 Gear & Weapon list (contains unreleased weapons)
- leanny.github.io/splat2/

> Resources
- pastebin.com/6UaR6zHL

> Wiki
- splatoonwiki.org/

> User Stats
- splatoon.nintendo.net/

> View Nintendo switch online services on your PC
- github.com/OatmealDome/LoungeChair/releases/tag/v1.0.6422.34538

> Add your FC to the list of FC below:
- docs.google.com/forms/u/0/d/e/1FAIpQLSfrpLqYcIcxHjNbeVoBql4HDGqUseArmbUePz71gXqBgHlHtA/viewform?usp=sf_link

> List of FC:
- docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1y-zt8u4va5GuDYnX_ToKfRUFRHu-1izMtE6ifaRK4II/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

dailymotion.com/video/x5wpfue
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

BRELLA IN SPLAT ZONES IS A NIGHTMARE

>all those fags saying the tri-slosher would be nerfed
L M A O
HOW DO YOU FEEL

THAT user'S WOOMY WITH THE MILITARY BERET AND THE GOLD COAT IS LEWD

We get it user you like raping callie, no need to announce your sick fantasies to us every thread

Well of course not
New weapons and balance updates are completely seperate
No one with a brain thought it'd be nerfed right when the Brella released

you guys have the hero brella right...?

nobody thought this
stop trying to make yourself feel good crutchbucketfag

I kind of don't like the Umbrella part of the Splatbrella.
Can I just have a Splatshotgun instead?

It's less aesthetically pleasing than the normal one, so I didn't bother getting it.

You gay or something?

Callie rape user is a staple of this thread

Why does the damage on the Brella vary so fucking much
Just make it a flat 2hko every time

because it's not the tricrutcher where getting hit by the tiniest speck of the projectile deals 62 damage

>Just make it a flat 2hko every time
DO YOU WANT ANOTHER TRI-SLOSHER YOU FUCKING FAGGOT?

Say my name and I shall come
inside Callie
without her consent.

No. Just fresh.

TUX AND TOP HAT WHEN

playing ranked again after like 1 and a half weeks, why isnt my meter getting cracks?

>tfw finally figures out the Aerospray's spray pattern
I AM UNSTOPPABLE

>see Brella in the Direct for the first time
Looks neat I'll try it, probably won't main it
>After a few matches with the Brella
WHEN THE SUN SHINES WE'LL SHINE TOGETHER

>Local squid is fucking invincible

my in-game shoe store has run speed up krak-ons and swim speed up rockenbergs
god has graced me

Explain it

Meanwhile, I will be cumming inside Callie with her consent, while we hold hands, and we'll be making a baby together.

I love Callie!

>playing against a squad of Brellas

The weapon itself isn't much trouble but constant Inkstorms are a pain in the ass.

STOP USING ROLLERS IN SPLAT ZONES

STOP USING ROLLERS IN RANKED

STOP USING ROLLERS

wat

Fuck you make me

'cause each individual pellet does damage like a shotgun, so the less pellets that hit, the less damage.

This makes it vary because its spread is larger than an inklings hitbox. So unless you get close and aim in their direction, you won't do good damage.

Other shooter games call hitting most of the pellets with a shotgun type weapon a "meatshot"

Good things about Brella: I dig the shield. It's fun to play both with and around.
Stupid things about Brella: nobody fucking uses the shield, why would they- it has stupid amount of damage for something as easy to hit with.
Also stupid things: no spread increase (=less damage in this case) when jumping plus decent run speed as well, I hate those flying fuckers already, especially now that they can rub it into my old Blaster main wounds because outside crazy luck it can't direct when jumping anymore.
More stupid things: feels way too efficient for how effective it is.
Bad things about Brella: coverage with main weapon sucks, Sorella is going to be trash in solo queue ranked without a kit that baisically inks for it.

still a meatshot should kill like in every other game with a shotgun

>says meatshot
>the game that coined the term doesn't have oneshot shotguns

the brella fires without any form of wind up
making it a OHKO even with a meatshot would be extremely unbalanced.

Around two thirds shoot straight, remaining third deviates up to 45 degrees. Most of the coverage is where bullets fall, hard to notice because so much overspray.

>Carbon
>blasters
>H3

Being able to superjump in with the Brella's protection is goddamn helpful. Found my new main.

>accidentally go into ranked with brella
>still win against a team of 4 fucking crutchbuckets

Holy shit the brella is fucking trash. Why would anyone use this when the trislosher exists

Carbon has an extremely short range and even shorter for a one hit.

Blasters have a relatively slow travel time, making it possible to dodge.

H3 only kills if you hit the full burst, and is pinpoint, meaning you have to aim, so it's fair.

Funny you mention the Blaster. I'm using it right now and I'm doing pretty good against them. It's mostly taking advantage of corners and such like regular Blaster gameplay, but if they hold the shield up at any point, SHOOT AROUND IT. Somehow it takes a direct Blaster shot like a fuckin champ. It defends.

>90 damage + constant rain
>cuddle OHKO
>shield to protect yourself and your rainmaker carrier

>Blasters have a relatively slow travel time
Luna just instapops you, what are you talking about

>making it possible to dodge
Nope. It does make it harder to hit, though, so same argument as with H3 applies.
HOWEVER, consider that .52 splats one frame faster than all of these despite being a continious shooter.

Question: hop and shoot with the Brella, or shoot on the ground?

>Check Splatnet order hour early
>It's delivered
>MFW Annie delivers clothes immediately
I've just been waiting for them to go out of stock

The aiming reticle doesn't expand while shooting. It's a shotgun. Go wild and jumpnshoot.

Yeah, blasters being good against shields is obvious, it's literally the first thing you learn in the first singleplayer level with it. I don't use them anymore because I can't dolphin with them like I used to.

I just met Rainy in my plaza, why is she so hated

>it's a shotgun
Shotguns are literally spread: the gun. Increasing spread to decrease damage when airborne would've been fair.

>she

>all these people with gear that have 3 of the same subs posting shit into miiverse 2.0 so we can order their gear to hopefully get them
These are the real heroes.

Anyone have the picture of the weapons used by the top teams in league?

The brella is a moderately good area denial weapon. Its spread and range cover a lot of turf, sprinkler is neat, and its special activates at only 170, letting you rainstorm like crazy. It's just not super great at direct combat due to the spread.

Short range. Be aware when the luna is up. pay attention. Being instapopped by the luna is your own fault.
.52 is inaccurate, you aren't guaranteed to land shots from its max range.

Are they trans, or some weirdo dude playing as a woomy?

So, is Brella any good?
I find really hard to make a good use of the shield, it takes too long to be shot.

No way, Dynamo Roller is great for Tower Control. Only lost one match in the last two hours with it and even managed to turn around a losing game that went into overtime despite a huge difference in score. I love this big dumb ink sword!

I'm so bad with this thing. But it's so much fun.

Yes, but from Brella's meatshot range it's accurate enough.

At least we can all be bad with this thing together.

hes a chubby dude with chin stubble

Are you able to skip S+0 ranks? I can't image playing hundreds of matches just to get to S+10 or 20

I refuse to be stigmatized.

Woomies are superior on every level. The male Inklings are shit. Been playing a Woomy since Splatoon 1 and I don't regret it at all. I even go around with a distinctly masculine username.

well arent you fuckin badass, faggot

Male inklings are cute. CUTE!

>Splatoon sequel
>we still haven't seen Callie nor Marie's squid forms
We don't even see it when she goes through the grates. What the fuck /ink/?

>YFW Murch has squid jump on his phone and you don't

Is that why he's hated? His neckbeard?

>Been playing a Woomy since Splatoon 1 and I don't regret it at all. I even go around with a distinctly masculine username.

You and me both. Yebbies are ok but Woomies are awesome

We have seen them in art.

Enjoy your ugly hair and inferior voice. Enjoy looking like shit. Like seriously. Male Inklings don't even have squid hair. It's awful.

Twin Tentacles Woomy for life

funny thing is, I'm not even a degenerate like some people ITT. I don't sexualize them at all. I just think they embody "squid kid" better than the males. Probably because of the hair.

thanks for the (you)

That anime was fucking garbage. Why?

rare footage of squid form Callie

I'm about to blow your godang mind

>some weirdo dude playing as a woomy?
You mean like 90% of players? who the fuck picks the male squid that isnt an ultra-normie or kid?

Gays?

marie is just a blooper

dailymotion.com/video/x5wpfue

You mean Sgways

Spaghetti are chill, man.

>Complete Intersection of the Soul with Blaster
>Only one weapon left until I can leave this godforsaken level behind forever
>Sheldon gives me a ticket
>Turns out the Blaster was the last weapon I needed for that level
I'm fucking freeeeeeee

In Splatoon 3 there should just be 6 ability slots you can choose from freely and have gear just be cosmetic. No need to put in all this needless bullshit just to get the perks you want.

Anyone want to do some League? I'd like to try out the brella in ranked modes without fear of deranking

yeah and it should give you money for playing

WHAT THe fuck
I mean when I heard it was going be a "web series of shorts" I wasnt expecting much in the first place aside from a 1:1 animated version of the manga but this isnt even that
Why even bother?

Why the fuck are there so many Aerosprays in S rank?

it does though

Believe it or not, Aerospray isn't as shit as everyone here says it is.

I'm getting an Elite Beat Agents vibe from this.
Yet EBA looked better.

why would you ever use the brella lmao what a meme shit poop

Ok what's the best way of farming chunks?

Is it to lvl 3 star clothes of a brand that is more likely to get a certain ability and then just keep scrubbing it?

30 chunks is gonna take forever.

It's actually a great short range weapon that gets a bad rep because it's a shitter magnet

Nintendo should just remove the Super Jump from the game. It's almost always useless and shitters constantly use it and get fucking killed. I'm god damn sick of it

Best way to farm is the Splatfest Tee, it scrubs for 2k

Brella may be the best support weapon in the game. I'm not good with it yet, but this set is glorious

who is enough of a lunatic to play through single player more than once just for some shitty variant of a weapon that has LEDs on it?

Post ranks and I might consider your opinion to be valid.

Whatever dood, the P90 and Splatling look sick.